Hey, Sasha, say something presidential.
莎夏 说一些会长的话
Whoa, Chloe, slow down. The election hasn't even started yet.
克洛 等等 选举还没开始呢
What do you think Sasha's chances are?
你认为莎夏当选的机率多大
Well, she knows the most about student government, she's worked her way up...
她对学生会的认识最深 一路往上爬
...she's on a ton of committees, but she's more of a worker than a leader.
参加过很多委员会 可是她比较是当干事的料子
How about Paul?
保罗呢
He's certainly the most qualified...
他最有资格
...but elections aren't about merit, they're about popularity.
可是选举不是关于优点 而是人气
Which brings us to Felice.
因此就看菲莉丝的啰
Head cheerleader and president of the drama club.
啦啦队长和话剧社社长
That definitely gives her an edge, not to mention that she's really hot.
那当然有帮助 何况她很骚
Yeah, but her name rhymes with the French word for luggage.
她的名字和法文的"行李"押韵
Okay, glad to see you're not reaching for reasons to hate her.
很高兴你没有找理由恨她
I saw you taking Sasha's picture.
我看到你帮莎夏照相
Why haven't you taken mine? That qualifies as biased.
为什么不帮我照 有歧视嫌疑
I plan on running photos and bios of all the candidates, including you, Felice.
我准备登所有候选人的照片和自传 也包括你的
Hey, Chloe, what about the editorial?
克洛 社论呢
You can only endorse one candidate, so who's it gonna be?
你只能支持一个候选人 会是谁
Who cares? No matter what she says, people are gonna vote for me.
谁在乎 不管她说什么 大家都会选我
Never underestimate the need for the clinically ambitious to pad their résumé.
不要低估了给履历表灌水的野心
You want to avoid the pain and humiliation of losing?
你想避免落选的痛苦和丢脸吗
Drop out now.
现在就退出
Ow!
好痛
That's gotta be my all-time worst nightmare.
那会是我最大的恶梦
I get stung by one bee, I swell up like a grapefruit, but over a hundred...
我被一只蜜蜂叮过 肿得像小山 可是被一百多只...
How'd they get into Paul's bathroom?
它们怎么飞进保罗的浴室的
The Center for Environmental Protection...
环境保护中心...
...is sending a team from Metropolis to investigate.
要从大都会派一个小组过来调查
Guess that's gonna shake up our class election.
那会影响我们的选情
Not really. I mean, Paul's name is still on the ballot...
保罗的名字还在选票上...
...and he wouldn't take office until fall. He could recover by then.
而且要到秋天才就职 到时候他应该康复了
Out of sight, out of mind.
眼不见为净
My call, he gets a few sympathy votes. That's it.
他只会得到几张同情票罢了
Nice to see the softer side of Pete. Seriously.
难得看到彼得心软的一面 说真的
Anyway, there's a new candidate
一位新候选人
on the horizon who is gonna make things interesting.
会让选举变得很热闹
Oh, yeah, who's that?
是谁
What have you done? I see a big future ahead of you in politics.
你做了什么 我看到你在政♥治♥方面大有可为
You're straightforward. People like you.
你很正直 大家都喜欢你
No way. Definitely not. You've got the whole package:
才不可能 你具备所有的特质
Looks, brains, and that whole farm-boy charm.
外表 头脑 农村男孩的魅力
Did I mention the perks of power?
我有提到大力士吗
Lf it was so great, why didn't you run? I know my strengths.
如果那么好 你干么不选 我知道自己的长处
I'm more the power behind the throne.
我比较是王位的辅佐人
The guy behind the guy. The one who makes it all happen.
伟人背后的推手
Pete Ross, the kingmaker. Exactly.
彼得·罗斯 拥立国王者 正是
All you gotta do is show up, shake a couple hands, give a speech. It's easy.
你只要露露面 握握手 发表演讲就好 容易得很
And we wonder why our politicians aren't great leaders.
而我们还纳闷 从政者为何不是伟大领袖
Clark, Clark, Clark, Clark...
克拉克 克拉克...
You look like you could use some help. No, I'm fine.
我可以帮忙 不 谢了
Hans, I need you out on Route 90, two miles east of the mansion.
汉斯 立刻到90号♥公路 离宅院东边两英里
A red Mustang with engine trouble. What are you doing?
一辆红色轿车的引擎有问题 你在做什么
Calling my mechanic.
打给我的修理工
Not that I don't appreciate your attempt at postmodern chivalry,
不是我不领情你的后现代骑士精神
but I said I was fine.
而是我没有问题
Dolce & Gabbana and a vocabulary?
杜嘉班纳和一堆生字
You've got Metropolis written all over you. What brings you to Smallville?
你的举止全是大都会的作风 怎么会到小镇来
You're the sheriff come to run me out of town?
你是要把我赶出小镇的警♥察♥吗
Did the attitude come with the couture, or was it an accessory?
这种态度是来自女装 还是配件
If you must know, I'm thinking about moving here.
如果你想知道 我正打算搬过来
I'd ask you what it's like, but you don't look like a local.
我会问问你的看法 可是你不像当地人
I've lived here since last fall. I couldn't wait to get out, but it's growing on me.
我从去年秋天搬来 等不及要搬走 可是越住越喜欢
Well, why the change? The Norman Rockwell ambiance seduce you?
为什么改变呢 被洛克威尔的画风吸引吗
Appearance is deceptive. Nothing around here is what it seems.
外表会骗人 这里的表相跟真实都是两回事
I'm intrigued. What do you mean?
这倒有趣了 怎么说
All these questions. This is beginning to sound like an interview.
一直问问题 听起来像采访
Who do you work for? I don't know what you're talking about.
你帮谁工作 我不懂你的意思
If I toss these into the woods, you really are gonna need a tow truck.
如果我把它丢进林子 你就真的要找拖吊了
Carrie Castle. I'm a staff reporter for the Metropolis Journal.
柯凯莉 《大都会周刊》的记者
I don't grant interviews, Ms. Castle.
我不会答应采访的 柯小姐
I've spent most of my life taking back entrances to avoid people like you.
我一辈子就躲着像你这样的人
Wait. Just listen. I want to write an article about you.
等等 我想写一篇关于你的报导
That's your pitch? There are articles written about me all the time.
那就是你的推销词 我的报导多的是
But you're either dismissed as a wild child
可是你要不是被写成狂野的小子
or the spoiled son of Lionel Luthor.
就是李涅·路德被宠坏的儿子
You've gotten some good press in the Inquisitor...
你在《询问报》有一些好评
...but the Journal is not a tabloid. It's respected. It could help change your image.
可是《周刊》不是小报 它可以帮你改变形象
What did you have in mind? A cover profile on your work in Smallville.
你有什么计划 你在小镇工作的封面故事
It will be fair and accurate...
非常公正而准确
...and will give you the legitimacy you need to get out of your father's shadow.
让你获得足够的正统性 以便挣脱父亲的阴影
Launching my career and conveniently your own.
展开我的生涯和你的
I admire the effort, Ms. Castle, but I have to decline.
我很欣赏你的努力 可是我必须拒绝
You get points for style, though.
可是你倒是很会穿衣服
I can't believe Pete did this.
我不敢相信彼得对我这样做
Some men are born to greatness, others are dragged into it, kicking and screaming.
有人生来就伟大 有人则不甘不愿被拖进去
Clark? What's going on? Why are you running?
克拉克 你为什么要参选
You've never shown interest in student government.
你对于学生会从来没有兴趣
Don't worry, it's just a gag. Pete nominated me.
别担心 只是开玩笑 彼得提名我的
So you're taking your name off the ballot? Yeah.
你会把名字撤出选票吗 会呀
Well, good, because this election is way too important to turn into a joke.
很好 因为这场选举很重要 不能变成笑话
It's bad enough with Felice.
菲莉丝参选己经够看了
I hear she's throwing a pre-election bash with a band and catering.
我听说她要举办乐团招待餐会为选举助阵
She is trying to buy this election like one of her Prada bags!
她想像买♥♥名牌皮包一样 用钱买♥♥这场选举
Talk about tightly wound.
真激动
Not that I'm planning to, but if I ran, you think I'd have a shot?
不是我想参选 可是我参选 你觉得我有机会吗
Yeah, right after I'm elected head cheerleader.
等我当选啦啦队长之后
Clark Kent for president?
克拉克·肯特选会长
Oh, don't worry, I'm pulling my name out tomorrow.
别担心 我明天会除名的
I think this is a terrific idea. You do?
我认为这是好主意 真的
You always say that you don't get a chance to shine because football is off-limits...
你总是说你没机会发光 因为你不能打美式足球
...maybe this is your opportunity. - I assumed you'd say no.
也许这是你的机会 我以为你会说不的
Student government is such a public thing.
学生会非常公众取向
It doesn't require you to use your gifts...
不需要你运用天赋
...and it's a school activity you can make your own.
而且是你可以做主的学校活动
Hey, what's the matter, son? You don't look too happy about this.
怎么了 你好像不太开心
Hey... Hey.
嘿
I've always tried to stay out of the spotlight.
我总是想避免成为众人的焦点
Well, nobody's saying you have to run.
没有人说你一定要选
You can quit if you want, but remember, quitting's a very hard habit to break.
你可以退出 可是别忘了 退出会习惯成自然
No pressure.
没有压力
Wow, the place is...
哇 这地方真是...
Empty?
很空
Deserted?
被遗弃
Vacant?
没人
Well, I was searching for a euphemism to say that, but... yeah.
我想找比较委婉的说法 可是没错
The Beanery's tried to put us out of business since we opened.
打从一开张 咖啡店就想打♥压♥我们
I have tried coupons, price cuts, even ads in the Ledger...
我己经试过折价券和减价 甚至在《记事报》登广♥告♥
...so far nothing's worked. At this rate, we'll have to close the doors in a month.
目前没有起色 照这样看来 一个月内就要关门了
Have you spoken to Lex? He's an investor, I'm sure he can help.
你和莱克斯谈过吗 他是投资者 一定能帮忙
He's been uncharacteristically silent.
很反常 他一直不吭声
Besides, this is my battle to win or lose, and I am determined to win.
而且 这是我自己的战争 我决定要打赢
Speaking of which, I hear you've got a battle of your own on your hands.
说到这里 我听说你也有仗要打
Oh, yeah, the election. I'm not really running.
喔 选举 我没有要参选
That's too bad. I think you'd make a great class president.
真可惜 我觉得你可以做个好会长
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 真的
You're honest, people trust you. And you have this innate sense of justice.
你很诚实 大家相信你 而且你有天生的正义感
I can see it on your face how upset you get
如果你认为有人受到不公平待遇
when you think somebody's being mistreated.
我从你的眼神看得出来
You see all that in me? Yes, I do.
你真的看到这些吗 真的
Clark Kent for president.
克拉克竞选会长
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表