Lex has spent a considerable amount of time and capital researching the crash...
莱克斯花了很多的资金与时间 研究那个出事的地点...
...and I was wondering if you knew why.
我在想 也许你知道原因何在
Look, the truth is, Lex Luthor was driving like a maniac.
喂 事实就是 当时莱克斯·路德开车像疯子一样
His car went off the bridge into the water...
他的车子冲出桥外落入水中...
...my son jumped in, risked his life to save him, that's the end of the story.
我儿子冒着生命的危险 跳下去救他 就这样
You wouldn't know why he commissioned an in-depth profile...
这么说 你不了解 他为何针对...
...into you and your family.
你跟你家人做出很详尽的档案
I have no idea.
完全不知道
Fair enough, Mr. Kent. Thanks for your time.
很好 肯特先生 感谢你的回答
Just out of curiosity, what were Lex's findings on the crash?
我很好奇 莱克斯在那个地方有何发现
Whitney, is that you?
惠特尼 是你吗
It's Clark Kent, Mr. Fordman.
是克拉克·肯特 弗德曼先生
Lana.
拉娜
Well, where's Whitney? I haven't seen my son yet.
嗯 惠特尼在哪里 我也还没见到我儿子
Don't worry, he'll be here soon.
放心 他很快就会来了
Where is Whitney? I don't know.
惠特尼人呢 我不知道
His mom said he'd be here.
他妈妈说他会过来的
Clark, how's Whitney's dad?
克拉克 惠特尼的爹还好吗
He's hanging in there. That's good.
他还撑得住 太好了
You remember this? It's my first fishing rod.
你还记得这个吗 那是我的第一支钓杆
You used to practice casting it out in the paddock all day.
你以前用这钓杆 整天在牧场上练习抛绳
I remember. In fact...
我记得 其实...
...I remember I used to have to pry it out of your hands
我记得我得从你手中抢走这钓杆
to get you to go to bed.
才能打发你上♥床♥去睡觉
Dad, what would you say if we could be sitting in the deluxe box...
爹 咱们不如坐在豪华包厢里...
...next Sunday watching the Metropolis Sharks?
欣赏大都会鲨鱼队比赛 好吗
I'd say the Milk River's changed quite a bit.
我敢说米尔克河的变化很大了
Think about it.
考虑一下
No worms, no cold mornings, no eating canned peaches.
不用虫饵 不用忍♥受寒冷的早晨 不用吃罐头桃子
Wait a minute. Did Lex Luthor arrange all this for us?
等一等 这一切是莱克斯·路德为我们安排的吗
Clark, this morning I had a surprise visit from one of Lionel Luthor's people.
克拉克 今天上午有个意外访客 是李涅·路德的人
Did you know Lex Luthor
你知不知道 莱克斯·路德
was having us investigated after the bridge accident?
在那次桥边意外后调查过我们
Yeah, but Lex said that was all in our past. He promised.
对 可是莱克斯说一切都过去了 他答应过的
You knew and you didn't tell me?
你早知道了却没告诉我
Because I knew you'd react like this.
因为我知道你会有这种反应
I thought we had an understanding.
我还以为我们早有默契
How am I to protect you if you won't give me the facts?
如果你对我有所隐瞒 那我怎么保护你呢
I don't need protection. When it comes to your secret you do.
我不需要保护 与你的秘密相关 就得保护
When you get older, you'll understand my apprehension...
等你长大一点 你就了解我对...
...about the Luthor family. - Stop treating me like a kid.
路德家族的看法了 不要把我当小孩子
I'm not 7 anymore,
我又不是7岁的孩子
I'm not casting lines in the paddock.
不是那个在牧场抛钓杆的小孩子
I don't even like fishing, the only reason I do it is because it makes you happy!
我根本不喜欢钓鱼 我钓鱼纯粹只是想让你开心
That didn't come out right.
我这样说不对
No, son, I think it did.
不 儿子 我想你该说
Pepper?
小胡椒
Pepper.
小胡椒
I brought you a white rose.
我给你带来白玫瑰
You've lived so long with pain. Sometimes don't you wish it would just end?
你痛苦太久了 有时候 你会不会希望结束生命算了
Oh, yes.
哦 是的
I can't go on, not like this.
我无法像这样活下去
It'll all be over soon.
很快的 一切就会结束了
I promise.
我保证
Where's Dad?
爹在哪里
He wanted to get an early start, said he had a lot of work to do today.
他想早点出去工作 他说他今天事情很多
He's avoiding me, isn't he?
他想避开我 对不对
I'm not gonna play referee. You two need to work this out.
我不想当裁判 你们两个人自己去设法解决
We will. First we'll have a week of uncomfortable silence...
会的 我们会先冷战一星期...
...then we'll talk about something trivial. And then we'll move on.
然后再说一些有的没有的化解 然后才能回归常态
Avoiding it and hoping the problem goes away isn't dealing with it.
回避问题 希望问题自己消失 不是处理的方法
You know how stubborn he can be. I know how stubborn you both can be.
你知道他有多固执 我知道你们两个都很固执
I don't want you to drift apart...
我不希望你们愈走愈远...
...like he did with his father. - I thought they were close.
就像他跟他父亲一样 我还以为他们很亲
They were, but they kept things from each other.
他们是很亲 可是他们不对彼此坦白
When your grandfather passed away...
你祖父过世后...
...there was a lot your dad didn't get to tell him, a lot he regrets.
你爹很遗憾 他有很多话没有说出来
I just don't want to see history repeat itself.
我不希望看到历史重演
Chloe, I just got your note.
克洛 我刚收到你的纸条
I can't believe it. I just saw Mrs. Sikes yesterday.
怎么会 我昨天才见过希克斯太太
I know. I'm sorry, Clark. What happened?
我知道 我很遗憾 克拉克 出什么事了
The official story is, there was a fire. But all they found were her ashes.
官方的说法是 有火灾 他们也只找到她的灰烬
And the unofficial? Spontaneous combustion.
那非官方的说法呢 自体燃烧
She thinks the old lady just burst into flames.
她觉得那老太太就是化为火焰
"October 1978. Joyce Maslow
"1978年10月 乔丝·马斯娄
was dancing in Elizabeth, New Jersey...
在纽泽西州的伊利莎白跳舞时...
...when flames burst from her head and back, enveloping her.
火焰突然从她头上 背后冒出 将她吞蚀
In seconds she was a human torch, consumed before her horrified boyfriend. "
很快的她就化为人体火炬 在她男友面前香消玉殒"
You don't have to look so happy. I'm not happy, I'm intrigued.
你也不要显得这么高兴 我不是高兴 我是着迷
Which means you're still gonna look into it.
也就是说 你还是会调查的
Am I that transparent? Yes.
那么容易看穿我吗 没错
Mr. Kent?
肯特先生
Clark isn't here. Actually, I came to see you.
克拉克不在这里 其实 我是来找你的
I was wondering if you're planning on coming to the game next Sunday.
不晓得下星期天 你要不要去看比赛
I'm going fishing, Lex, I don't know what my son is doing.
我要去钓鱼 莱克斯 我不知道我儿子在搞什么鬼
The tickets were meant as a gift. I'm sure your intentions were noble.
那两张票是礼物 我相信你的意图是高贵的
That's not fair. I don't think you understand
这是不公平的 你不了解
how I regard Clark and your family.
我有何等重视克拉克与你们这一家
Yes I do, I understand perfectly well.
我了解 我完全了解
We're just the pawns in your eternal chess game with your dad.
我们只是你与你爹这场漫长棋赛的小棋子罢了
Do you have a family photo? Yeah, I've got lots of family photos.
你有家庭照吗 有 我有很多家庭照
The only picture of my father and me
我跟我爹唯一的合照
appears in the LuthorCorp annual report.
就只有出现在路德企业的年报之上
Is this the part where I'm supposed to feel sorry for you?
这是我应该为你感到抱歉的部分吗
No, I just want you to understand...
不 我只是希望你能了解...
...if I'm guilty of anything regarding your family, it's envy.
若说我对你家有任何罪过的话 那就是嫉妒了
If you're so envious of my family, then why do you feel the need...
如果你那么嫉妒我的家庭 那你为什么...
...to investigate it behind my back?
得在我背后调查我家呢
I wanted to know what happened the day of the accident.
我想了解发生意外那天 到底发生什么事情
I had a theory and it was false.
我本有一种推论 后来发现是错的
I was totally up-front with Clark about it.
我早就跟克拉克坦白过了
That's what this is about.
问题就在这里
Clark wasn't upfront with you. He's a good kid.
克拉克没跟你坦白说 他是一个好孩子
I don't want that to change. Neither do I.
我不希望他变了 我也是
You know...
你知道...
...from the day I first met Clark, all you've ever seen is the name Luthor.
在我遇到克拉克之前 我看到 只有路德这两个字
Well, so far you haven't given me a reason to see anything else.
到目前为止 我在你身上 也没看到别的东西
See that Kansas State game last week?
上星期有看到堪萨斯州的比赛吗
What are you doing here, Clark? Lana send you?
你在这里做什么 克拉克 拉娜派你来的
I told her you'd see it coming a mile away.
我跟她说 你在一里之外就可以看出来了
Hey, I'm not angry.
嘿 我没有生气
So, you've come to find out why the heartless son...
这么说 你是来盘问 这个没心没肺的儿子...
...hasn't gone by the hospital to visit his dying father.
为什么没去医院探视他垂死的父亲
Something like that.
可以这样说
I remember how my dad used to say how he'd be there the day...
我记得我爹常说 有朝一日 他将会破除万难赶去...
...I threw my first pass for the Sharks.
亲眼目睹我为鲨鱼队传出第一球
He said it so often, I actually believed it. He still could.
他常说 我真的相信他 他还是可以去的
My father was the strongest man I ever knew.
我父亲曾是我心目中最强壮的人
He lettered in three sports at State.
他曾赢得三项最佳运动员的荣誉
When I see him there in the hospital so weak...
当我见到他 那么虚弱的躺在医院里...
...it kills me because that's not my father.
我真的很难过 因为我的父亲不是那样的
Whatever you do, for a long time to come,
无论你怎样 长♥期♥以来
your father is gonna be there to support you.
你父亲总是能在你身边支持你
I'll only have a memory of my dad.
我记忆中的爹只有一个形象
And I don't want that memory to be...
这个记忆我不希望被...
...of that sick man laying there in the hospital.
被躺在医院的那个病人所取代
Now I get it.
现在我明白了
It's just... I'd take the man over the memory any day of the week.
只不过...我不会排除这一个星期的记忆
Clark, I've been looking all over for you. Look what I found in the Daily Planet.
克拉克 我一直在找你 你看我在《星球日报》找到的
"Body Disappears From Metropolis Morgue"? Yeah, but look at the photo.
"尸体在首都太平间失踪" 对 看看这照片
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表