How'd you get my dad to sign that contract?
你是如何让我爸签下合约的
Oh, you must be the Kent boy.
哦 你一定是肯特家的小孩
I'm a good businessman. No hard feelings?
我是一个杰出的生意人 不会对我有敌意吧
I spent the morning delving into the exotic world of agriculture equipment...
我花了一上午的时间 在研究农耕设备的花花世界...
...and it seems that Kyle and Rickman were partners in the '80s.
在80年代 凯尔与瑞克曼似乎是合作伙伴
They sold farm equipment? Yeah...
他们卖♥♥过农场设备 对...
...they were salesmen of the year three years running,
他们是年度最佳销♥售♥代表 蝉联三年
'89, '90, '91.
也就是89 90 91年
The next year, Rickman started his own company,
到了次一个年度 瑞克曼就开始自己的公♥司♥
and Kyle went Walden.
凯尔则开始隐居生涯
I wonder what happened? I don't know...
我很好奇 当时发生了什么事 我不知道...
...but I found this story in the Smallville Ledger.
但是我在《小镇日志》发现另一个故事
"Salesmen trapped in car after meteor shower. "
"推销员在流星雨之后受陷车内"
I'm guessing whatever's going on
我猜 无论有什么事情
started that sunny October day, 12 years ago.
八成是从12年前那个晴朗的十月天开始的
Let's go ask him. Wait, you know where he is?
我们去问他 等一等 你知道他在哪里
Where's Kyle?
凯尔人呢
Who?
谁
I think I know where he went.
我想我知道他去哪里了
I appreciate the help,
我很感激你们的相助
but I'm done here.
不过 我己经不能待在这里了
We know Rickman was your partner.
我们知道瑞克曼曾经是你的伙伴
It was a million years ago.
那是几百年前的事了
What happened to you guys in that meteor shower?
你们在流星雨的时候发生什么事了
Trust me, you're not the only ones that were affected by it.
相信我 你们不是唯一受到影响的人
What's going on with you and Rickman?
你跟瑞克曼发生什么事情了
How did he get my dad to sell our farm?
他为何能让我爸卖♥♥了我们的农场
You know, until that day,
你知道吗 在那一天之前
we were the worst salesmen to ever carry a catalog.
我们一直是业绩最糟的推销员
All that changed after they pulled us out of that car.
但在我们从那部车子被救出之后 一切就改观了
With a handshake we could get people to do whatever we wanted them to do...
只要握一下手 我们就可以让别人听我们的话行动...
...buy a tractor, stand on one leg.
例如 买♥♥下牵引机或单脚站立
You had the power of persuasion?
你们有说服别人的力量
How long does it last?
这种神力会持续多久
Until the person does what I tell them to do.
直到完成使命为止
It could be two minutes, two hours.
可能是两分钟或两小时
Then they come out of it without a memory.
然后他们就会清醒 完全不记得做过什么
What happens if they can't do it?
如果他们没办法执行 又会怎样
They keep trying unless they're forcibly snapped out of it,
他们会一试再试 除非有人强制打断
like your friend Whitney.
就像你朋友惠特尼那样
Well, it sounds good in theory,
嗯 理论上好像很有道理
but how about you prove it?
不过 你能证明吗
Chloe. What?
克洛 什么
The guy lives in a crappy trailer.
这家伙住在一部破拖车里
If he has this power, he'd use it to sell these sculptures.
如果他有那种神力 他早就用来贩卖♥♥这些雕刻作品了
It's dangerous.
太危险了
I'm used to living on the edge.
我早己习惯在刀口上过日子了
You have feelings for Clark, don't you, Chloe?
你对克拉克有感情吧 克洛
You see him, and you want him.
你一看到他就渴望着他
All this time, you've been hiding it.
你一直在压抑自己的感情
Now you can show him.
现在 你可以表现出来了
Okay, come on, I'm ready.
好 来吧 我准备好了
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
怎么 你为何用那种眼神看我
And why is my mouth minty?
我的嘴巴为什么有薄荷味
Let's just say he proved his point.
我们就当做他己经证明到了
Oh, God, did I just...?
哦 天哪 我刚才是不是...
Don't worry, it was fine.
放心好了 刚才还不错
Well, now that the party trick's over, I gotta hit the road.
嗯 既然压轴好戏己经结束了 我也得上路了
Wait, you have these gifts,
等一下 你有这种天赋能力
but you hid in the woods. Why?
可是却躲在森林里 为什么
Because I was scared that I wouldn't be able to control it...
因为我害怕 我无法控制这股能力...
...and I'd wind up like Bob. - What happened between you two?
我怕会跟鲍伯一样 你们之间发生什么事
Why does he want to kill you? He knows that I know his secret...
他为什么想杀你 他知道我了解他的秘密...
...and I threatened to expose him if he built a plant here.
而且我曾威胁他 只要他在此建厂 我就揭发他
Yeah, but he's been destroying communities like this for years.
对 可是这些年来 他己经摧毁很多社区了
How come you let him get away with it? I wanted to be left alone!
你为何放过他 我只是不想被♥干♥扰
If it wasn't here, it wasn't my problem.
不是发生在此 就不是我的责任
My dad lost our farm because of you.
你没说 我爸才会失去我们的农场
Do you know what it's like to have to hide because of who you are?
你能了解 因为自己的能力 而必须躲藏起来的感觉吗
Yes, I do.
是的 我了解
But when you have a gift,
可是 当你有天赋的能力
you can't just hide in a hole and hope it goes away.
就不该只是躲起来 期待那种能力消失
How did you get in?
你怎么进来的
Oh, your guard at the front gate let me through. He's a great guy.
哦 你大门口的守卫让我进来的 他是个好家伙
I didn't realize we had a meeting.
我不知道我们有安排会面
We don't. I come with an olive branch.
我们没有 我是来求和的
You can call off your lawyers.
你可以撤掉你的律师团了
I'm dropping the Kent farm as a proposed site.
我打算放弃肯特农场作为建厂地点
What's the matter? Losing your touch?
怎么了 失去你的战斗力了
No, I've just decided Smallville really isn't worth the hassle.
不 我只是觉得小镇并非值得如此大费周章的地方
At least I know where I'm not wanted.
至少我了解 这是不欢迎我的地方
Okay, then. Thanks for stopping by.
好了 那么 感谢你顺道来访
Well, since you won, how about it? Truce?
嗯 既然你赢了 那就停战休兵如何
What's going on?
什么事情
I'm with Kyle. He wants to go public about Rickman.
我跟凯尔在一起 他要把瑞克曼的事公诸于事
No kidding? What does he know?
不是开玩笑的吧 他知道什么呢
Enough to bring him down.
足够撂倒他了
All right, I'm coming to pick you up. Where are you?
好吧 我过去接你们 你们在哪里
I called friends at the Planet and the Inquisitor.
我己经打电♥话♥给在《星球》跟《调查家》的朋友了
Would you be willing to talk to them?
你愿意跟他们谈谈吗
I'll do what I have to to stop him.
我会尽全力阻止他
Get in. I have to fill up if we're going to Metropolis.
进车子里 如果我们要进城的话 我得先把油加满
Thanks, Lex.
谢了 莱克斯
Lex?
莱克斯
What's going on?
搞什么
Rickman's got to him!
瑞克曼对他施法了
Clark, you have some explaining to do.
克拉克 你得说个清楚了
What just happened?
刚刚发生什么事了
I have my suspicions.
我也很怀疑
I hate to think that you failed to get the job done.
我真是没想到 你的任务失败了
Relax, failing isn't something I do.
放心 我的字典里没有失败二字
Just in case.
以防万一
I always knew you were keeping secrets from me, Clark.
我早就知道你有事瞒我 克拉克
But I never thought they were this good.
不过 我没想到有这么劲爆
Clark, you know that guy you're trying to protect?
克拉克 你知道 你想保护的这家伙是谁吗
I'm gonna shoot him now.
我现在就要枪杀他
Lex.
莱克斯
There you are.
你出现了
Don't do this. I'm your friend.
不要这样 我是你的朋友
Oh, please. You think I don't see the way your parents look at me...
哦 拜托 你以为我没注意到你父母看我的眼光吗...
...the way half the town looks at me? You're no different.
以及这镇上的人看我的眼光 你跟他们没两样
Friendship's a fairy tale, Clark. Respect and fear are the best you can hope for.
友情是童话故事 克拉克 能期待的顶多是尊重跟害怕
Rickman's doing this to you. What if he did?
你受到瑞克曼的影响了 那又怎样
You hate Rickman. You can learn a lot from someone you hate.
你讨厌瑞克曼的 从讨厌的人身上总是可以学到东西的
Hello, Bob.
哈啰 鲍伯
Lex!
莱克斯
I always was the better salesman.
我一向是那个比较行的推销员
Are you okay?
你没事吧
I saw you get shot, Clark.
我看到你中枪了 克拉克
Don't worry. Just don't hide in the woods like I did.
放心 只要你别像我一样躲在林子里就行了
You got a gift. Use it to do great things.
用你的天赋来做伟大的事情吧
I think I'll do the same with mine.
我想我也会善用我的能力
I can't believe each one of these bruises was a bullet.
我很难相信这些瘀痕 就是子弹的痕迹
Sorry. Guess that answers that question.
抱歉 我猜 问题己经获得解决
It's weird. I get shot at, and the bullets are fired by my best friend.
太诡异了 我最好的朋友开枪打我
What do you think happened to Kyle? I don't know...
你觉得凯尔会怎样 我不知道...
...but I think he's out in the world trying to make a difference now.
不过 我觉得他现在应该是想在世上有一番作为吧
Hi, I hope I'm not interrupting.
嗨 希望我没打扰到你们
No, come on in.
没有 进来吧
We'll be outside.
我们在外面
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表