We were talking about the early days.
我们谈到早年的时候
Now, what was involved in adopting Clark?
你们是怎么领养克拉克的
Well, it was... It was just like any normal adoption, I guess.
那跟...跟一般领养没什么两样
Can you take me through the process? Did it takes weeks or months?
你能把过程细节告诉我吗 过程需要几周还是几个月
Did you guys use a lawyer, or did you go through an agen...?
你们聘了律师 还是透过中介...
Shoot. I'm out of tape.
该死 我的带子用完了
That's okay, I've got some extra C-90s in my car.
没关系 我车上还有些90分钟的带子
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
Chloe's researching your life for a school project?
克洛为了学校的作业研究你的一生吗
When did that happen? We just got the assignment today.
什么时候的事 我们今天分配的作业
I didn't know she was gonna go Mike Wallace.
我不知道她要学名嘴华勒士
We don't mind talking about you...
我们不介意谈论你
...but if she starts asking questions about the adoption...
但如果她开始问领养的问题
What about the adoption?
领养又怎么了
Is there something I should know?
是否有些事情我应该知道
Well, of course, we had to make up a story...
当然 我们得编个故事
...but it's more complicated than that.
但其实更复杂
Let's just say it's a subject we would rather not have anyone explore.
姑且说这件事情 我们不希望任何人追究
Sorry. Am I interrupting?
对不起 我打断你们了吗
Clark, now that you're finally spinning in my orbit...
克拉克 既然你终于走进我的半径
...I have a couple of pertinents for you too.
我也有些相关的事问你
Actually, this is just a pit stop for me.
事实上 我只是路过
I'm on my way to meet Lana to work on my paper.
我正要去找拉娜准备我的报告
You know, Clark, not to strike a paranoid note, but are you avoiding me?
别怪我多疑 但你是不是在逃避我
Tomorrow, I promise.
明天 我保证
Okay, this isn't an official question...
好吧 这不是个正式的问题
...and I don't want you guys to take it the wrong way...
我也不想要你们会错意
...but has your son always been this strange?
但你们的儿子是不是一直这么古怪
How does it feel? Feel?
觉得怎么样 觉得
To single-handedly bring the Talon back
赤手空拳把塔龙
from the brink of becoming a parking garage?
从沦为停车场的命运回来
It's nice, you know, being counted on, having responsibility.
为人信赖 负有责任 感觉很好
People treat you differently. Like you won't break.
人们以不同的方式待你 好像你永远打不倒
Finally feel like I'm shedding that fairy-princess costume.
我终于感觉我正在脱去童话公主的戏服
Lex, what are you doing here? Contractor called.
莱克斯 你来这儿干嘛 承包商打电♥话♥来
Said he had an estimate, wanted me to meet him here.
说他估了价 要我到这儿跟他见面
What the hell?
怎么了
Are you okay?
你还好吗
Yeah. I came in the back door and some guy jumped me...
我从后门进来 有个家伙突然跳上来
...and forced me to let him in and bashed me over the head.
强迫我让他进来 然后猛打我的头
Did you see his face?
你看到他的长相了
No.
没有
Look.
瞧
That wasn't there when I locked up. I'll go call the police.
我锁门的时候它不在那儿 我去叫警♥察♥
Lex, your name's on it.
莱克斯 你的名字在上面
Zero consequences.
零后果
How you holding up?
你还好吗
I was fine... until it showed up.
我还好...直到它出现之前
Yeah, stupid question.
是啊 蠢问题
What kind of a sick person would do a thing like that?
哪个病态会做那样的事情
I don't know.
我不知道
But I've never seen Lex so freaked out before.
不过我从未见过莱克斯吓成这样
Join the club.
欢迎加入我们
That guy warned me. He said everything Lex touches ends badly.
那家伙警告我 他说莱克斯碰过的事情都没好下场
How much do we really know about him and his past?
我们到底对他和他的过去知道多少
I want you both to know how truly sorry I am about this.
我要你俩知道我对此事非常遗憾
I promise this won't affect the grand opening.
我保证这不会影响开幕式
We're going to be infamous before we even open the doors.
我们还没开张就恶名狼籍了
Do you know who he is? The guy in the... You know.
你知道他是谁吗 那个在...你知道
Max Kasich. And yes, I knew him a long time ago in Metropolis.
马克斯·卡席屈 很久以前我在大都会认识他
Do you have any idea who might have done this to him?
你知道谁会对他做这样的事
Not at all.
毫无头绪
What about your old friend Jude Royce?
你的老朋友朱♥德♥·罗依思
I doubt it could have been him, Clark. Why?
我看不会是他 克拉克 为什么
Because he's been dead for three years.
因为他己经死了三年了
The only information I got from the Kents...
我从肯特那儿得到的唯一的消息
...was the earth-shattering admission that Clark hates peas.
就是这个天大的秘密 克拉克讨厌豆子
A body part shows up at the Talon and all you can talk about is Clark?
一具尸体的残骸出现在塔龙 而你只会谈克拉克
Where are your priorities? Lex Luthor must be mixed up in this.
你分不分事情的轻重 莱克斯·路德一定跟此有关
I know you've got issues with the Luthors... More than issues.
我知道你跟路德有过节... 岂只有过节
You know what they did to my family.
你知道他们对我家人做了什么
One piece of investigative information at a time.
线索一条条的来
Now, about Clark... Chloe, what do you want from me?
现在 关于克拉克... 克洛 你到底要我怎么样
In a world of designer water, Clark's from the tap.
在这群人中克拉克是最低的
I know, but you've known him the longest. All I need is just a little anecdote...
我知道 但你认识他最久 我只要一点轶事就行了
...just a small piece of information from Clark's deep, dark past.
只要从他那深邃而黑暗的过去的一件小琐事
Well, there was something back in the first grade.
在他一年级时有过一件事
Thank you! That's more than I've uncovered the past two days.
谢谢你 这比我过去两天发现的更有意思
Now, please, let's continue.
现在 拜托 让我们继续
There was a bully three grades ahead.
有个比他长三年的家伙总是以大欺小
This dude was determined to pound dents into every kid.
这家伙笃定要每个孩子脸上挂彩
One day it was my turn. He was just about to take my head off...
有一天轮到我了 他正准备要摘掉我的脑袋
...when Clark jumped between us. - So Clark ran interference?
克拉克跳到我们中间 所以克拉克管了闲事
Now, as kind as that sounds, Pete...
虽然这很好心
...I don't think it falls into the "something amazing" test.
我不认为这是"大惊奇"竞赛的料子
What test? I'm not finished.
什么竞赛 我还没说完
Clark didn't just push Braindead, he put him through a door...
克拉克不只是推了那阿达一把 还把他摔出门外
...as in splinters and broken hinges.
跌在门板碎片和门栓之中
How he did it, I still have no idea.
我到现在还不知道他是怎么做的
Guy was at least twice our size.
那家伙的个子比我们起码大一倍
Clark, any comments?
克拉克 你有意见吗
Well, we were, you know, 6 years old.
我们 你知道 只有6岁
Twice our size was three feet tall.
比我们大一倍也不过是6尺高
If you need more ancient history, ask the source.
如果你还要更多的陈年往事 问他本人吧
I've got an appointment at the student store.
我在学生商店跟人有约
Have fun.
玩得开心
And so the mystery that isn't Clark Kent deepens.
所以不是克拉克·肯特的奥秘更神秘了
Mystery? Yeah.
神秘 是啊
Since you continue to play obstructionist...
既然你总是碍手碍脚
...I've had to find information through other means.
我只好用其他方法来挖情报
I found that your adoption was done through Metropolis United Charities...
我发现你的领养是透过大都会联合慈善中心
...but this is the strange part. They were in business for six months...
但这正是奇怪之处 他们开业了6个月
...and from what I can tell, yours is the only adoption they handled.
而且你的领养是他们唯一处理的手续
I can't believe you did this, Chloe.
我不敢相信你这样做 克洛
You didn't know? I just assumed that your parents would have told you.
你不知道 我以为你的父母会告诉你
I mean, weren't you interested? Why would I be?
我是说 你不感兴趣吗 为什么我会
My biological parents are either dead or didn't want me.
我的亲生父母不是死了 就是不想要我
You're prying into my private life. I was just trying to be thorough.
你在介入我的私生活 我只是想做事做彻底
This is a class project. I spent an hour yesterday with Lana, that's it.
这是学校的作业 我昨天只是跟拉娜花了一个钟头
That's all I needed. I'm not some mystery for you to solve.
我需要的己经足够了 我不是什么你要解开的迷团
Clark, I...
克拉克 我...
Talk to me, Mr. Raines.
跟我说话 莱恩司先生
According to the doorman, Kasich never made it to the apartment in Metropolis.
根据门房♥说 卡席屈没有回到大都会的住所
What about Royce? His parents died when he was young.
罗依思呢 他年幼时父母就去世了
Car accident. He was an only child, inherited everything.
车祸 他是独子 继承了一切
And Amanda Rothman? Have you tracked her down yet?
阿曼达·罗丝曼呢 你找到她了
She moved, left no forwarding address.
她搬家了 没有留下新地址
When's the last time you spoke to her?
你上一次跟她说话是什么时候
About three years ago. I'll go wider, but it could take some time.
大约三年前 我会尽量挖 但得花些时间
It'd help if you tell me what's going on.
你最好能告诉我是怎么回事
No, it wouldn't. You're my head of security.
不会的 你是我的保安头子
You find her and warn her she could be in danger.
你去找她 警告她会有危险
That's all you need to know.
你需要知道的就是这些
Make a path. Police. Excuse me, excuse me. Police.
让路 警♥察♥ 借过
Who are you? Detective Sam Phelan, Metropolis P.D.
你是谁 山姆·法蓝警探 大都会警局
Are you what passes for security in this zoo?
你就是在这动物园装保安的人
Yeah. Don't go anywhere. We'll talk.
是啊 别走开 我们要谈谈
Thank God you're here. Lex, Lex.
感谢老天你在这儿 莱克斯
You really put your foot in it this time.
你这次是真的搅上了
Tell me exactly what happened.
告诉我到底发生了什么事
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表