How'd you know I was running?
你怎么知道我要参选
I found this on my windshield in town.
我在挡风玻璃发现了这个
I have an overzealous campaign manager.
我有一位热心过头的总干事
I didn't realize you had political aspirations.
我不知道你有打算从政
I don't. I just figured I could make a difference.
我没有 只是想可以发挥影响力
Did you swing by for a campaign contribution?
你是来争取竞选献金的吗
Actually, I was wondering if you knew about the Talon.
其实我想问你知不知道塔龙的情况
You mean the fact that it's been empty the last two weeks?
你是说过去两星期没客人
Do you plan on helping Lana out? She's tried everything.
你打算帮拉娜一把吗 她己经试过各种方法了
She's doing an admirable job.
她的努力令人钦佩
Lf the Talon goes under... Clark...
如果塔龙破产... 克拉克...
...I won't subsidize a money-losing operation. The Talon has to find its own feet.
我不会补助一个赔钱的事业 塔龙必须自己站稳脚跟
Well, you could at least stop by and show some solidarity.
你至少可以过去一下表示团结
See? You're already working for your constituents.
你己经开始为选民喉舌了
You want some advice?
你要一些建议吗
I think you need a better slogan.
你需要一个更好的口号♥
Everybody's used this one, including me.
每个人都用过这个了 包括我
You ran for student office. Once.
你也选过学生职位吗 有一次
But my aspirations weren't very noble. Did you win?
可是我的动机不是很纯正 你赢了吗
Of course.
当然
Do you have any tips?
你有什么提示吗
You don't need my methods. You'll win on your own terms.
你不必用我的方法 你可以用自己的方式胜选
Competition's pretty stiff.
竞争很激烈
There's nothing wrong with a good fight. Remember...
好好打一仗并没有错 记着...
...the man of tomorrow is forged by his battles today.
明日之星是由今天的战役所铸造
Could I use that? I mean, "the man of tomorrow," for my slogan?
我可以用"明日之星"来做口号♥吗
Knock yourself out.
请便
"Clark Kent, man of tomorrow. " Kind of presumptuous, don't you think?
"克拉克·肯特 明日之星" 蛮放肆的 你不觉得吗
I like it. I thought you were bagging the election.
我喜欢 我以为你要退出选举
I had a change of heart.
我改变主意了
"Man of tomorrow. " Very catchy.
"明日之星" 很抢眼
Thank you. And thank you for the encouragement.
谢谢你的鼓励
You've got my vote.
我会投你一票
I could have my election rally at the Talon, help bring people by.
我可以在塔龙举♥行♥竞选集♥会♥ 吸引人潮
That sounds great. You know where to find me.
好呀 你知道哪里可以找到我
Bye, Lana. Bye.
再见 拉娜 再见
You're running because of Lana. Why am I not surprised?
你是为了拉娜参选的 真令人惊讶啊
I'm running because I think I can do a good job.
我参选是因为我可以做好工作
All right, Clark, whatever. Pete has faith in me and so does Lana.
好吧 随便 彼得对我有信心 拉娜也是
It's interesting that you don't. What do you stand for?
可是你却没有 你有什么主张
I stand for truth, justice and other stuff.
我主张真理 正义 等等
You wanna be a little more specific, tell me where you stand on the issues?
可以更具体一点吗 告诉我你对议题的立场
What issues do you wanna talk about? There's the plan to cut the arts budget...
你想知道什么议题 有计划删减艺术预算...
...the appalling nutritional value of cafeteria meals, the dress code...
餐厅食物的营养价值低劣 服装规定...
...and not to mention the student privacy issues with the locker searches.
还有搜索衣物柜造成学生的隐私问题
Slow down. I just decided to run last night.
慢着 我昨晚才决定参选的
Okay, well, I think the man of tomorrow needs to get a platform for today.
我希望明日之星在今天找到政纲
Okay, there's a girls' volleyball game this afternoon.
今天下午有一场女子排球赛
You can make an appearance, court the jock vote.
你可以出席 争取运动员选票
Keep Friday clear, there's a band concert.
周五空出来 有一场乐团音乐会
They suck, but you've got to be seen...
他们很烂 可是你必须露面
...as a friend of the arts. - What about my platform?
表示你对艺术的支持 我的政纲呢
Who cares? If people like you, they'll vote for you.
谁管呢 如果大家喜欢你 就会投给你
What am I gonna say in my speech? I don't know. I don't do speeches.
我的演讲要说什么 不知道 不是我负责的
See you at lunch. We can canvas the cafeteria.
午餐见 我们可以观察餐厅情势
Who do they think they are?
他们以为自己是谁
Stop!
停止
Not now. I have work to do.
现在不要 我有工作要做
Any chance you could help us hang some posters?
你有机会帮我们贴海报吗
Pete's convinced if he puts my name on enough wall space, I'll win.
彼得相信如果到处贴上我的名字 我就会赢
Besides needing to be an impartial member of the fourth estate,
除了要当第四权的公正会员
I'm doing my bee story.
我还要写一篇蜜蜂的报导
C.E.P. find anything new?
环境保护中心有什么发现吗
The swarms didn't migrate from any of their usual places.
蜂群不是从平常的蜂窝迁来的
Beekeepers all over the state have found their hives empty.
全州的养蜂人发现他们的蜂巢都空了
It's like the colonies just up and left.
就好像整群蜜蜂飞走了
That's weird. Bees are followers. They wouldn't desert their hive without reason.
真怪 蜜蜂很听话的 不会平白无故抛弃自己的蜂窝
My mom's addicted to Discovery Channel.
我妈妈很爱看发现频道
So how goes the platform? I haven't started working on it yet.
政纲怎么样 我还没开始想
I've been so busy meeting people. I even got invited to parties this weekend.
我忙着和人见面 这周末甚至被邀请参加派对
I can't believe it took one day for you to be compromised by the lure of popularity.
我不敢相信你只花了一天 就因为人气的诱惑而妥协
Remind me to pull your funding after I'm elected.
提醒我当选后抽你的补助金
Speaking of which, where's the latest edition?
最新一♥期♥写得怎么样
No, no, no! I'm not done proofing it yet.
不行 我还没有校稿
You shouldn't be looking at it yet. It's not done!
你不能看 还没有写好
Come on, I've been correcting your comma issues since your first laptop.
少来 我一直在改你的标点
You endorsed Paul? Clark, I had to be objective.
你支持保罗 克拉克 我必须保持客观
Paul's still in the race, and he'll be back by fall.
保罗还没退选 他会在秋天以前回来
It's great that you're all gung-ho and slogany now...
你现在这么热心竞选当然很好
...but the truth is, you only ran because Pete suckered you into it.
可是你是因为彼得怂恿才参选的
Paul has a clear stance on issues you have yet to articulate.
保罗对于你还说不清楚的议题 有明确的立场
It's nothing personal. I understand, Chloe.
跟个人无关 我了解
Hey, guys. Taking a break from the campaign trail?
从竞选行程喘一口气吗
It's amazing how many people at school I don't know.
真惊讶学校里有多少人我不认识
This is a pit stop. Wanted to take advantage of your two-for-one deal.
这是休息站 冲着你买♥♥♥二♥送♥一♥的优待来的
Figure that's the last step before I institute topless waitressing.
下一招就要祭出上空女服务生了
Well, here's to hoping it fails miserably.
敬这一招惨败
It looks like you have customers. They're here because Whitney forced them.
看起来你有顾客 是惠特尼逼他们来的
Yeah, I passed by the Beanery. They're kind of busy.
我经过咖啡店 人蛮多的
The owner stopped by. He said he's made it his mission
店主有过来 说他发誓
to run this place into the ground.
要让这里夷为平地
Then he had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't personal, just business.
他还有胆告诉我这跟个人无关 纯粹是在商言商
Why does everyone over 40 quote The Godfather?
为什么40岁以上的人 都爱引用《教父》的台词
I don't know, but it's really annoying.
不知道 可是真的很讨厌
So how's political life treating you? It's definitely a challenge.
政♥治♥生涯如何呢 铁定是个挑战
It shows you who your real friends are. How's your speech going?
显示谁是你的真朋友 你的演讲稿拟得如何
I haven't started writing it yet. Maybe I could help you with that.
我还没开始写呢 也许我可以帮忙
Come by tomorrow. We can work on it. Really?
明天过来 我们一起写 真的吗
That would be great. You sure you have enough time?
好极了 你有空吗
Look around.
看看四周
Unless Whitney can coerce the baseball team, I think I can squeeze you in.
除非惠特尼可以说动棒球队 我应该可以抽出时间
Glad to see business is booming.
很高兴看到生意蒸蒸日上
It's hard when even your regular customers blow you off.
老顾客也不捧场 实在很惨
I haven't been blowing you off. I've had my eye on the situation.
我没有不捧场 我有在注意
Waiting for me to fail. Most new ventures don't make it.
等着看我垮台 大部分的新事业都不会成功
Prepare yourself for that possibility.
准备接受那种可能性
I thought you didn't like to lose. I don't.
我以为你不喜欢失败 没错
But it's not my fight.
可是这不是我的仗
You have to know when to cut your losses. So, what do you suggest I do?
你必须知道何时收手 你有什么建议
The Beanery declared war. If you wanna hold on to this place, get creative.
咖啡店对你宣战 如果你想守住这里 就要动脑筋
Be willing to get your hands dirty.
愿意弄脏你的手
Don't worry, I'm not suggesting anything illegal.
别担心 我不是建议违法
To quote The Godfather, "It's time to go to the mattresses. "
引述《教父》的台词 "该是去床垫的时候了"
That movie should be banned from basic cable.
有线电视应该禁演那部电影
Don't ask.
别问
All right. Bye.
好的 再见
Felice, can I talk to you a minute?
菲莉丝 我能跟你谈一下吗
You've got 55 seconds left. Go.
你还有55秒 快说
I've made a decision.
我做了一个决定
You're planning on dropping out.
你准备退出
No, I've decided you need to drop out.
我决定你应该退出
Trust me, that's not gonna happen.
相信我 不可能的
In case you haven't heard, I'm the front-runner.
如果你没听说 我现在领先
That's because these drones wouldn't know a qualified candidate if they saw one.
那是因为雄蜂不会分辨合格的候选人
That's the problem with this place.
那是这个地方的问题
It's like a hive with two queens.
就像一个蜂窝有两个蜂后
Well, if you knew anything about nature,
如果你有点大自然的知识
you'd realize one always goes down.
就知道其中一只蜂后会被打败
You know what? You're a freak.
你真是怪胎
Okay, have it your way.
好吧 随你便
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表