A murderer? Why would they let someone like that stay here?
为什么他们让凶手住在这里
Because it happened 60 years ago, when he was 17. He served his time.
因为那是60年前的事 当时他17岁 他己经服了刑
They figured he was just a harmless old man
他们认为他只是一个无害的老人
who moved back to his hometown to die.
搬回家乡等死
Back in the '40s he was studying to be a concert pianist. He was up...
40年代时他本来要成为音乐会钢琴家
...for a full scholarship to the Metropolis Conservatory.
他想争取大都会音乐学院的全额奖学金
But his teacher recommended somebody else.
可是老师把它给了另一人
So he killed his teacher?
所以他杀了老师
No. He said the teacher killed his dream, so he killed the teacher's dream.
他说老师扼杀了他的梦想 因此他杀了老师的梦想
The man's son.
那个人的儿子
He's got three on the clock, he'd better hurry.
他还剩三秒 动作要快
Throw the ball! Throw the ball! Watch the blitz! Yes! Yes!
快丢球 小心防守 好耶 好耶
You got it!
要得
Damn it. Circuit breaker.
该死 电线短路
Evening. Sorry about the trouble. We got a faulty line about a mile down the road.
晚安 抱歉打扰 一英里外有根电线故障
I just wanted to make sure your circuit breaker hadn't been fried.
我想确保你的断路器没有烧掉
Anybody else at home? No, I'm divorced.
还有其他人在吗 没有 我离婚了
I saw the name on the account was Jim Gage.
我看到帐户名字是吉米·凯吉
Any relation to a Randolph Gage?
你和蓝道夫·凯吉有关系吗
Well, I'd say so. He was my father. Passed back in '93.
他是我父亲 1993年去世了
I remember reading his obituary.
我记得读到他的讣闻
It said he opened the first car dealership in Smallville.
他在小镇开了第一家车行
In 1935. You got a good memory. Thanks. I had a lot of time to kill.
1935年 你的记性真好 我有很多时间可以打发
We got three dealerships in three counties now.
我们在小镇有三家车行了
Sounds like your father left you a bright future.
看来你父亲留给你光明的前途
Are you gonna come in or not, Mr. Kent?
你到底要不要进来 肯特先生
How do you do that? When one sense goes...
你怎么知道 当一种感官不管用时
...the others get heightened.
其他感官就会更灵敏
I must admit, after yesterday, I thought I'd never see you again.
我必须承认 昨天之后 我以为再也看不到你了
Sit.
坐下
What you told me I can't get out of my head.
你的话让我挥之不去
Imagine how I feel. When it first started happening...
想像我的感受 第一次发生时
...I thought it was a curse.
我以为它是诅咒
I kept getting snapshots of things I couldn't control.
我一再浮现无法控制的事件片段
When did they start? When I first lost my sight.
它们何时开始的 当我失明时
It's funny. I woke up that morning like any other.
有天早上我像平常一样醒来
Then the meteors came.
然后陨石落下来
One hit a field behind my house, the flash burnt my optic nerves.
一个击中我家后面的田地 闪光烧坏了我的视神经
I'm sorry. It's not your fault.
很遗憾 不是你的错
It's amazing how one moment can change your life forever.
短短一刻永远改变了一生
My friends and family, they think that you're...
我的朋友和家人以为你是...
A fraud?
骗人的家伙
People are afraid of the unknown, Clark.
人们害怕未知
They only want to know if everything's gonna turn out all right.
只希望知道一切是否都安好
I can't guarantee that. What I can show you...
我无法保证 我能向你显示
...are signposts on your journey. What you do with them is up to you.
旅途中的一些线索 怎么做全看你自己
I've got so many questions in my life, I just want some answers.
我的生命有太多问题 只想获得一些解答
Closer.
靠近点
Now, take my hand.
握住我的手
No.
不
No!
不
No!
不
No.
不
You saw that too. Clark?
你也看到了
Clark, maybe you were having some kind of hallucination.
也许你有同样的幻觉
It wasn't a hallucination, it was a glimpse of the future. My future.
那不是幻觉 而是未来的瞥现
And you saw an endless graveyard.
你看到一大♥片♥坟场
Like I was the last person on earth.
就像我是地球上的最后生还者
Look, son, I don't know what you did or didn't see, but, come on...
我不知道你看到或没看到什么
...you gotta consider the source. - Your dad's right.
但是你得考虑来源 你说得没错
We don't know anything about her.
我们对她一无所知
I know she lost her vision in the meteor shower.
我知道她在那场流星雨中失明
And that makes it so that she can predict the future?
因此她能够预知未来
Is it so crazy? I'm hit by a car and I'm fine,
我被车子击中却没事
I walk through fire and I'm okay. What's next?
走过火堆也没事 接下来呢
You can't let this one image consume your whole life.
你不能让这个影像占据你的生活
What if it is my destiny, to outlive everyone that I love?
如果我的命运是看着 每个心爱的人死呢
I don't wanna be alone.
我不想孤伶伶一个人
Clark.
克拉克
I don't know what your future holds. I think this woman has the answers.
我不知道你的未来如何 我认为这个老妇人有答案
The only person who controls your destiny is you.
只是你才能掌握自己的命运
Well, right now I don't feel like I have control of anything.
直到目前我没有任何掌握
Cassandra Carver?
卡珊卓·卡佛吗
Do those expensive shoes come with a name?
那些昂贵的皮鞋有个名字吗
Lex Luthor.
莱克斯·路德
Of Luthor... Everything Incorporated?
路德家的一切 公♥司♥
More or less.
差不多
And what does the savior of Smallville want with an old, blind woman?
小镇救星对于瞎眼老妇人有何贵干
You seem to have made an impression on my friend Clark.
你让我的朋友克拉克很佩服
So you came to see for yourself.
因此你过来亲眼瞧瞧
Clark's not stupid. If he says you know things...
克拉克不是笨蛋 如果他说你知道事情
...there must be something that made him think that.
其中一定有原因
What gives me the feeling...
是什么让我觉得
...you're not here for stock tips, Mr. Luthor?
你来这里不是求股票明牌的
Please, call me Lex. I was hoping you could give me some insight into Clark.
我希望你能帮我指点一下克拉克的迷津
And you call him a friend, do you? He saved my life, but he's also a mystery.
你把他称为朋友吧 他救了我一命 但还是很神秘
Most people are.
大部分人都是
That's what makes them interesting.
这样才有意思
I'm willing to treat this as a professional service.
我愿意把它视为专业建议
Save your money, Lex. I can't tell you about Clark...
省省钱吧 我不能说出克拉克的事
...even if I wanted to.
即使我想也不行
I can only tell the future of the person I touch.
我只能算出我碰触的人的命运
I don't need to know my future.
我不需要知道自己的未来
Why? Because your father already has it mapped out for you?
因为你♥爸♥爸早就安排好了
I believe we make our own destiny.
我相信我们创造自己的命运
And don't you want a glimpse of what it is you'll make?
你难道不想看看 你在未来创造出什么吗
Maybe I'll see your friend Clark, or...
也许我会看到你的朋友克拉克
Maybe I'll see something else.
也许我会看到别的
Goodbye, Ms. Carver. It's been enlightening.
卡佛女士 再见 很有启发性
Come back again. When you're ready.
等你准备好了再回来
Chloe, what...?
克洛 什么...
She's not back yet.
她还没回来
Lana, what are you doing here? Chloe called me too. She said she had...
拉娜 你在这里做什么 克洛也找我 她说她有...
...some info on Harry. When I got here, I started looking around.
一些哈利的资料 我来这里后就四处张望
Found this.
发现这个
Chloe calls it the "Wall of Weird."
克洛称为《古怪之墙》
She believes everything strange in Smallville started with the meteor shower.
她认为小镇的怪事都是从流星雨开始的
How about you, Clark? Do you believe that?
你呢 你也相信吗
Yeah, I guess I do.
可以这么说
Does that include me?
也包括我在内吗
I'm up there with the three-headed calf and the monster from Crater Lake.
我和三头小牛及陨石湖的怪兽在那里
The stuff on this wall has nothing to do with you.
这面墙的东西和你毫无关系
Remember when you said people keep their darkest secrets hidden?
记得你说过人们把秘密藏在心里吗
Mine's out there for all the world to see.
我的却在墙上让大家观赏
It's hard when everyone knows your tragedy. They treat you differently.
每个人都知道你的悲剧 对你另眼相看
Like you're gonna break.
好像你会崩溃一样
I'm sure they just feel bad and wanna help. I know. But all they do...
他们只是觉得很难过 想帮忙 我晓得 可是他们做的...
...is remind you of the most painful moment of your life.
却是提醒你生命最痛苦的一刻
How would that make you feel, Clark?
你会做何感想
Like I wish I could go back in time and erase that moment forever.
希望回到过去 把那一刻永远抹掉
I thought high school would be different, that I could finally start...
我以为高中会有所不同
...putting it behind me. But everywhere I go, there it is.
终于可以把它抛在身后 可是它却无所不在
Maybe I should just accept my destiny.
也许我应该接受自己的命运
All I'm ever gonna be is a little girl in a fairy-princess costume who lost her parents.
我永远是一个穿着仙女服装 失去双亲的小女孩
I don't see you that way.
我不是这样看你的
I know you don't, Clark.
我知道你不会
You're the only one who doesn't.
你是唯一不会的
Clark, we got your message.
克拉克 我们接到你的留言了
Hey, where were you?
你到哪去了
I thought we were all supposed to meet at the Torch.
我以为我们约在《火炬》碰面
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表