Well, if it isn't the three wise men. Hello, Dominic.
啊 三位贤者 多明尼 你好啊
I assume you're late because you've been in a fencing lesson...
你迟到的原因要不是因为击剑
...or have you taken up polo again?
就是又去打马球了
I'm not running late. I canceled this meeting, if you recall.
我没有迟到 我己经取消会议了
Your father insisted that we drive down here and keep it.
你父亲坚持我们到这里来开会
And when he barks, you jump.
他一声令下 你们就鸡飞狗跳
Have you seen the quarterly numbers? Yes, I have.
你看过季报的数字吗 看过了
We're 20 percent below projections.
我们比预测低了百分之二十
And your father wants you to take drastic action.
你父亲相信你会采取激进行动
I plan to.
我自有计划
Good, then I can inform him that you'll be cutting your work force.
很好 我会通知他你准备裁员
On the contrary. You can inform him I plan on increasing my work force.
刚好相反 我准备增加人力
By how much? Twenty percent.
增加多少 百分之二十
Lex, I've always enjoyed your unique sense of humor...
我一向欣赏你独特的幽默感
...but you can't be serious.
可是你不可能是说真的
You've got to spend money to make money.
你得靠花钱来赚钱
If we increase productivity and marketing while our competitors retreat...
如果我们在竞争对手退后时 增加生产力和行销
...when the sector bounces back, we'll corner the market.
等到类股一反弹 我们就会掌握市场了
Your father sent you to Smallville to turn the plant around.
你父亲把你送到小镇重振工厂
He sent me to Smallville because he'd rather surround himself with drones...
他送我到小镇 是因为他宁愿身边都是走狗
...than people who challenge his archaic business practices.
而不是挑战他古板商业实务的人
I'll be certain to tell him that. Please do.
我一定会告诉他 请便
Now, this meeting is adjourned.
好了 现在休会
By the way, Dominic...
顺带一提 多明尼
...tell your sister I said hi.
请向你妹妹问好
Lana, you're home early. Did they cancel cheerleading practice?
拉娜 你怎么提早回家 啦啦队练习取消了吗
Sort of. I quit.
可以这么说 我退出了
You loved being on the squad. What happened?
你很喜欢在啦啦队 怎么了
I just think there's more to life than memorizing cheers and shaking pom-poms.
我认为生活中有比背啦啦队词和摇绒球更重要的事
You just decided this out of the blue?
你突然决定退出吗
Some of the football players were caught cheating.
有些美式足球员作弊被抓到
Guys I know. I told Whitney how upset it made me...
我认识的人 我告诉惠特尼我不高兴
...he said it was no big deal, that people aren't perfect.
他说没什么大不了 没有人十全十美
I thought, "Why am I doing this, wearing a fake smile and stupid outfit...
我就想 我♥干♥么为了只求胜利在所不惜的人
...for people who will do anything to win a game?"
挂着一脸假笑 穿上愚蠢的服装
Well, you can't let a couple of bad apples spoil the experience.
你不能让一两个坏苹果破坏整个经验
You're part of a team, you're making friends.
你是团队的一分子 而且交了朋友
Aunt Nell, I don't want to go back.
妮尔婶婶 我不想回去
I want to try different things. What's wrong with that?
我想试试别的 这有什么不好
Nothing. It's just that you're on a good track.
没什么 只是你本来过得好好的
I want you to be happy.
我希望你快乐
What are you gonna do with this newfound freedom?
现在空出这些时间你打算怎么办
I thought I'd get a job, something part-time.
也许可以打工
Earn some extra money so I can go travel in the summer.
赚些外快 暑假可以去旅游
Well, I suppose I could always use some help around the shop.
我的店里总是需要帮忙
Thanks, but I'm not looking for help. I want to do this on my own.
谢谢 我不想求助 我想靠自己
Have you seen Lana? No, but there's your dad.
你有看到拉娜吗 没有 可是你♥爸♥在那里
Dad, I'm glad you're here. It means a lot to me.
爸 我很高兴你过来 对我很重要
I still don't support your decision, Clark. I'm here to see that no one gets hurt.
我还是不支持你的决定 我来这里是确定没有人受伤
Hustle it up, guys, come on.
大伙儿来吧
Come on, line it up. Kent, get in there at tailback.
快点排好 肯特 到那里当尾后卫
Blue, 32! Hut, hut, hut!
蓝色 32 加油
Kent, it's yours.
肯特 看你的
Yeah, Kent, it's yours.
肯特 看你的
Kent! Quit looking in the stands! Your dad's not coaching this team, I am!
肯特 别再看看台了 你♥爸♥爸不是教练 我才是
I didn't bring you out here to be a tackling dummy.
我不是叫你来这里当傻瓜的
Get angry, kick some butt!
打起精神 攻击别人
All right, guys, same play.
好了 同样的打法
Yeah, we got him.
我们会胜利
Blue, 32! Blue, 32!
蓝色 32
Hut, hut!
加油
All right, way to go, Kent! That's what I'm talking about.
肯特 打得好 这才像样
I don't know what that was. Yeah, Clark! Way to go, Clark!
我不知道那是什么 克拉克 好耶
How's my favorite football fan?
我最喜欢的美式足球迷怎么了
One of the players accused of cheating came forward...
一位被指控作弊的队员挺身而出
...and said you supplied them with the tests.
说你给他们试题
And what boy told you that little piece of fiction?
哪个人告诉你这个谎话的
I'm not at liberty to say.
我不能透露
I'm guessing you already went to the school board...
我想你己经去了学校董事会
...and asked them to suspend me. - You have a lot of friends in high places.
要他们开除我 你在高层有很多朋友
I should have. I coached most of them.
应该的 他们都是我调♥教♥出来的
You don't understand. I'm an institution.
你不明白 我就是机构
Who'd you think the school board was gonna believe...
你认为校董会相信一个想掩盖罪行
...some cheating little brat who's just trying to cover his own ass...
的作弊学生
...or the man who's been leading this school to victory for 25 years?
还是让学校连胜25年的人
They may not believe one, but if I can get all of them to step forward...
一个人他们可能不相信 可是如果我要他们都站出来
...the board will have no choice.
校董会就别无选择
They'll suspend you from coaching for the rest of your life.
他们会让你一辈子不能再当教练
You will not bring me down!
你不可能让我下台的
What the hell's going on here, coach?
这里怎么搞的 教练
Who the hell does he think he is?
他以为自己是谁
Where'd your dad go? He kind of had to get back to the farm.
你♥爸♥爸去哪里 他必须回农场
Go get help!
快去求助
Okay, thanks, bye-bye.
谢谢 再见
Principal Kwan's gonna be in the hospital till over the weekend.
关校长这周末会留在医院
Is he gonna be all right? He's got burns...
他还好吗 他有烧伤
...and suffered smoke inhalation, but he's gonna be okay.
而且吸入浓烟 但是没有大碍
Anybody see you, son?
有人看到你吗
Nobody saw me, Dad.
没有
I told the paramedics I wrapped my hands in my jacket...
我告诉医务员我把手包在夹克里
...when I pulled him out. - Lucky you were there.
把他拖出来 还好你在那里
Well, I kind of missed my ride.
因为我错过交通车了
Look, I saw you play, all right?
我看到你打球了
You could have easily hurt any one of those boys.
你很容易就会伤害那些人
But the point is, I didn't.
重点是 我没有
Why are we having this conversation? He's never gonna believe me.
我们干么谈话 他就是不相信我
By the way, coach gave me your old position.
教练派给我你以前的位置
You're looking at the starting tailback for this Friday's game.
你眼前正是这周五比赛的尾后卫
Don't everyone congratulate me at once.
不要挤在一次向我恭喜
How did he get to be so stubborn? Gee, I don't know.
为什么他这么固执 我不知道
Wait a minute. I was not like that when I was his age.
我在他这个年纪时才不是这样
No, you were the obedient son who always obeyed his father...
是呀 你总是听父亲的话
...and didn't run away one summer and try out for the Metropolis Sharks.
没有在某个夏天离家 尝试加入大都会的鲨鱼队
When did you go and join the other side?
你何时加入反方了
Jonathan, Clark hasn't been able to do anything normal his whole life.
强纳森 克拉克无法做任何正常的事
No play groups, no Little League...
不能跟别人玩 不能参加小联盟
...all because we were afraid he might hurt somebody.
全都因为我们害怕他会伤到人
He's a teenager now. Let's give him a shot.
他是青少年了 应该给他机会试一试
His gifts come with responsibilities.
他的天赋伴随着责任
This isn't about his gifts, it's about his judgment.
这不是关于他的天赋 而是他的判断力
You're telling Clark that you don't believe in him.
你告诉克拉克你不相信他
Of course I believe in him.
我当然相信他
What if he makes a mistake and somebody suspects the truth?
但如果他犯了错 引起某人怀疑呢
I mean, I do not want anyone coming on this farm...
我不希望有人到农场来
...and taking our son away from us.
把我们的儿子带走
If we don't start trusting him, nobody will have to take him away...
如果我们不信任他 不必别人带走
...he's gonna leave all by himself.
他自己就会离开的
You guys, it doesn't make sense. Cars don't just spontaneously combust.
说不通 车辆不可能自燃
The cops said it was faulty wiring. I've already got my headline:
警♥察♥说是电线短路 我己经拟好头条标题了
"Jockstrap Saves Principal From Burning Car!"
"下♥体♥弹力护身从燃烧车辆救出校长"
Will you lay off the "jockstraps" thing?
你放过下♥体♥弹力护身好不好
I can't believe Clark's been blinded by the Friday-night lights.
我不信克拉克被周五晚上的光线照瞎了
I joined a football team, not a cult.
我是加入美式足球队 才不是邪教
Next thing you know, I'll be joining the pom-pom brigade.
接下来我就要加入啦啦队了
I hear there's a spot open. Lana, what are you doing here?
我听说有个缺 拉娜 你在这里干嘛
Taking your order, I hope. What...? What is this?
记下你点的东西 希望如此 什么
Some sort of a cheerleading charity, like, be-a-waitress-for-a-night sort of thing?
这是啦啦队的慈善活动 还是当一晚女服务生
Yes it is, except for the cheerleading and charity parts.
没错 但是啦啦队和慈善活动不是
And tips are always appreciated.
总是欢迎给小费
So you're a waitress for real? Even got the perky nametag to prove it.
你真的在当服务生 甚至有名牌为证
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表