This convention instructs the Democratic National Committee
本次全国大会将指导民♥主♥党全国委员会
that it shall include in the call for the 1972 convention
为1972年的总统候选人提名大会
the following addition to section one--quote
遵守第一章的规定 以下为引用
it is the further understanding...
各位党员务必认识到...
Should I pack your swim trunks?
要我帮你把泳裤也打包吗
What?
什么
They're supposed to be debating the war.
他们应该就战争展开辩论才对
They can debate it all they want,
他们想辩论什么都行
they just can't come out against it.
就是不敢公开反战
Then no one will vote for Humphrey.
那没人会投给汉弗莱的
Over Nixon?
跟尼克松比都不行吗
They can't have the whole convention without talking about the war.
他们不可能整场大会都闭口不谈越战吧
30 seconds after prime time, they'll start the debate.
黄金时段30秒后 他们就要展开辩论了
Cops have been hassling protesters all day.
警♥察♥一整天都忙着应付抗♥议♥者
Also not in prime time.
那也不会在黄金时段新闻中播的
You're so cynical.
你真是愤世嫉俗
Come over here.
到我身边来
Come with me.
跟我一起去吧
We'll go back to Disneyland.
我们可以重游迪斯尼乐园
From what I remember, something amazing happened there.
我记得 我们在那里留下了美好回忆呢
I made the biggest mistake of my life.
我在那儿犯下了我这一生中最大的错
That's true.
那倒是
You know I'd come if I could.
你知道我如果能去 一定会去的
You'll have fun.
你会玩得开心的
Just stay away from actresses.
别去勾搭那些女演员们就好了
Do they have them out there?
那里还有女演员吗
I hate actresses.
我好讨厌女演员
Kenny said that this te he went to a floor
肯尼说他这次去的楼层
in the Chevy building he'd never been to before.
是整个雪佛兰大楼中他从没去过的一层
He said it was like "Get Smart."
他说就像是《糊涂侦探》剧中那样的
Just a bunch of doors in procession.
一扇扇的门在两侧林立
And he met the man
而且他见到了那个
he believes to be the source of our current torture.
他认为造成我们痛苦的"罪魁祸首"
What's his name?
他叫什么名字
Same as the rest of them-- Jack something.
跟其他人的信息一样不清晰 杰克什么的
Apparently his feelings were hurt
显然他觉得有点受伤
because we haven't kissed his ring.
因为我们没有猛拍他的马屁
Well, I'd be happy to go there and help soften him up.
我很乐意亲自前往 一举把他拿下
If anyone's going, I'm going.
如果真要派人去 那也该是我去
But you can't because you're going to Los Angeles for
但你去不成 因为你要去洛杉矶
what again?
干什么来着
I'm going to pay them a visit immediately.
我即刻动身去拜访一下他们
We don't want to miss our flight. Are we going?
我们可别错过飞机 我们还不走吗
Right after the partners' meeting.
要等合伙人会议开完之后
Are we done here?
都说完了吗
Sweetheart, could you step out?
亲爱的 你能出去一下吗
This morning I received an envelope addressed to
今早我收到一封信 地址写的是
Sterling Gleason and Pryce.
斯特林&格里森&普莱斯公♥司♥收
From who? It doesn't matter.
谁寄来的 那不是重点
They don't know our name
他们不知道我们的公♥司♥名
because we don't know our name.
因为我们自己也搞不清
Aren't we SCDPCGC?
我们难道不是SCDPCGC吗
Not officially.
并未正式确定
Well, I'm tired of the conversation
我真是烦透了和别人的对话
that goes along with my business card.
全都在讨论我名片上的公♥司♥名
I know that no one has observed
我知道反正没人好好遵守
the memo that requested specifically
备忘录上明确规定的
that all seven letters be used when answering the phone.
在接电♥话♥时务必把七个词的公♥司♥名说全
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Cutler Gleason and Chaough?
斯特林&库珀&德雷柏&普莱斯&卡特勒&格里森&赵
It's a mouthful.
真是太绕口了
SCDPCGC is a mouthful.
SCDPCGC也很绕口
But CGCSCDP is not.
但"CGCSCDP"就很顺口
I don't agree. We've each lost a partner.
我可不敢苟同 我们都失去了一个合伙人
Why don't we each lose a letter?
不如双方从公♥司♥名中各砍去一个字吧
SCDC.
SCDC
What do the Cs stand for? Not Campbell.
那两个C代表什么 反正不是"坎贝尔"
Cooper and Cutler.
库珀和卡特勒
Pardon me?
你把我置于何地
Well, SCDCC sounds like a stutter and looks like a typo.
SCDCC听着像是口吃 看着像是印刷错误
Very well, if it puts this to rest,
很好 如果能让你们停止争吵的话
I will gladly withdraw my name
我很乐意隐去我的名字
along with the other deceased parties in this conversation.
以及你们所提到的其他已逝的合伙人
Bert, don't be a martyr.
伯特 别主动牺牲自己
Want to throw away both of these brands?
要不把两个公♥司♥名都扔了吧
Just leave it alone. We'll get a bigger front door.
就这样算了吧 我们弄个大点的正门
Well, of course you like it. You're at the front.
你当然会喜欢了 你的名字靠近前面
I'm at the end. I'm at the end.
我在最后 我才是排在最后的
Well, I move to table this.
我建议暂时搁置争论
You have fun in Detroit.
祝你在底特律过得开心
And you have fun with Manischewitz.
也祝你和曼尼舍维的人谈得开心
Any special instructions?
有什么特殊指导吗
Yeah, the guy in charge,
有啊 那个管事的家伙
just pick an eye and stick with it.
只要紧紧盯着他的眼睛就行了
Very well, but it's my belief that
很好 但我觉得
any further delay in choosing our name
迟迟在公♥司♥名一事上做不出决定
will take it out of our hands
最终只会导致我们失去决定权
and leave it up to the world.
让世人随便乱叫出一个
You know Sunkist is still only doing print work?
你知道新奇士仍然还只做纸质印刷广♥告♥吗
I'm cutting you off.
我要让你歇一歇[把你删掉]
You're two ahead of me.
你名字在我前面两位呢
No, from work.
不 是不让你工作
Come on. We're executives.
拜托 我们是高层执行人员
Leave the drudgery to Ted Chaough
把苦差事留给泰德·赵
and the rest of the underlings.
和其他那些下属去做吧
Did you prepare at all?
你有做准备吗
Sunkist, Carnation,
新奇士 三花公♥司♥
the avocado people.
那些种鳄梨的乡下人
My biggest job in these meetings
我在这些会议中最重要的任务
is to keep them from saying "Golly" Too many times.
就是防止他们说太多次"妈呀"
Carnation has 27 million in billings.
三花公♥司♥的单子值2700万
I don't think the guy in charge ties his pants with a rope.
我可不认为他们的老板会用麻绳当裤带
I didn't say that. But I guarantee they all have a certain regard
我没那么说 但我保证他们对大城市来的
for two gentlemen from the big city.
两位先生会特别尊敬
You mean they won't trust us?
你是说他们不信任我们
I mean they don't trust themselves.
我是说他们根本不信任自己
I don't know if you realize it,
我不知道你意识到没有
but we are big New York admen
但我们是纽约来的广♥告♥人
from an agency with seven letters in its name.
连公♥司♥名都有七个字母
That means under no circumstances
也就是说不论任何情况下
are you to trot out that drawl you do when you've had too many.
你都不能表现出喝多时的那种漫不经心
Be slick. Be glib. Be you.
老练点 圆滑点 做自己
Well, I'm usually informed.
那我得先做功课
We're conquistadors.
我们是征服者
I'm Vasco da Gama and you're some other Mexican.
我是瓦斯科·达·伽马 你是某个墨西哥人
We're gonna land there,
我们在那里登陆
buy whatever they've got for the beads in our pockets.
用我们新奇的小玩意儿 尽可能地攫取财富
Our biggest challenge is to not get syphilis.
我们最大的挑战就是不沾染上梅毒
Cathy.
凯西
Another round.
再来一杯
And send one to the pilot.
给飞行员一杯
...hours of acrimonious debate,
...经过数小时激烈辩论
the Democratic National Convention has rejected a plank
民♥主♥党全国代♥表♥大♥会♥否决了
advanced by Democratic doves
民♥主♥党鸽♥派♥的提案
calling for an unconditional end to all bombing of North Vietnam.
此提案要求无条件停止对北越的轰炸
What's going on?
怎么了
They delayed till noon and then they rejected it.
他们推迟到中午 然后否决了
Rejected what? The peace plank.
否决了什么 和平提案
Chance to have a platform against the war.
建立一个反战平台的机会
Then let me clarify my question.
那我再澄清一下我的问题
What's going on with the work for Manischewitz?
曼尼舍维的广♥告♥怎样了
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表