so Sylvia and I had to eat enough
我和希维娅为了不负盛情
to keep him in good graces there.
不得不拼命吃
Are you feeling better?
你感觉好点了吗
I need to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
What's wrong?
怎么了
Well, I had a miscarriage
我流产了
a few days ago.
就在几天前
Are you okay?
你还好吗
Did you go to the doctor?
有没有去看医生
Yes.
去了
How far along were you?
怀了多久了
Six weeks.
六周
I wish you would have told me.
你该早点告诉我的
I guess I didn't know how you'd feel.
我当时不知道你会是什么感受
I didn't know what you'd want.
我不知道你想要什么
Megan, you have to know I'd want what you want.
梅根 你要知道我必定想你所想
Is that what you want?
那是你想要的吗
Of course it is.
当然是啊
But I don't know that it's even
可我甚至都不确定
the right time to have a conversation about it.
我们现在该不该谈这事儿
And I guess that's why I didn't tell you.
可能这就是我对你隐瞒的原因吧
But I should have.
但我应该告诉你的
Yes, you should have.
是的 你该告诉我的
Do you want to have that conversation?
你想谈谈这事儿吗
Whatever you want.
一切都随你
Now I can go to sleep.
现在我能安心入睡了
Good morning.
早上好
Where's Tammy? Leticia took her to the park.
塔米在哪儿 莱缇莎带她去公园了
Well, I'm off.
那我走了
Couldn't you just pretend?
你都懒得装一下吗
I let you have that apartment.
我允许你在城里租了公♥寓♥
Somehow I thought that there was some
我以为同意这事体现了
dignity in granting permission.
作为妻子的大度和高尚
All I wanted was for you to be discreet.
我只要你低调行事
She lives on our block!
她跟我们住同一个街区
Trudy, don't jump to conclusions.
特鲁迪 别忙着下结论
There's no way for me to escape.
我已经无处可逃了
To not be an object of pity
你在外肆意妄为
while you get to do whatever you feel like.
而我却沦为人们可怜的对象
I have never said no to you.
我一而再再而三地由着你
That is not true. What are we doing out here?
才不是呢 我们现在这样算什么
We're done, Peter. This is over.
我们结束了 皮特 到此为止吧
You want a divorce?
你要离婚吗
I refuse to be a failure.
我不想沦为婚姻失败的笑柄
I don't care what you want anymore.
你想要什么再也与我无关
This is how it's going to work.
你给我听好了
You will be here only when I tell you to be here.
除非我叫你来 否则你不得踏入这里半步
I'm drawing a 50-mile radius around this house
我限你滚出这房♥子50英里开外
and if you so much as open your fly to urinate,
哪怕你敢在这里面撒尿
I will destroy you.
我也会让你吃不了兜着走
Do you understand?
你明白了吗
You know what?
你知道吗
You're going to go to bed alone tonight
你今晚要独守空房♥了
and you're going to realize you don't know anything for sure.
然后你就会意识到自己有多么无理取闹
I'll live with that.
我甘愿
Good morning. Good morning.
早上好 早上好
So far this is all we have,
目前我们就这些资料
but I want you to find out everything you can on Heinz Ketchup.
不过我希望你尽力查出亨氏番茄酱所有资料
What?
什么
And this is not a joke.
这可不是在开玩笑
No. I can't do that.
不 我不能接
Why not?
为什么不能
It's a little bit of a secret,
那确实算是个小秘密
but it turns out they're taking meetings.
但我发现他们正在和广♥告♥公♥司♥接洽
I told you that secret and I shouldn't have.
那秘密是我告诉你的 我不该这么做的
Look, everybody's gonna know. We just know a little sooner.
大家迟早会知道的 我们不过先人一步
My friend told me that in confidence.
是我朋友私底下告诉我的
He's not your friend.
他不是你朋友
He's the enemy. Well, he doesn't know that.
他是竞争对手 他可不知道这一点
Maybe you need a friend more than you need a job.
或许你对朋友的需求胜过工作
I didn't know that. I'm in advertising.
我不知道这一点 我是做广♥告♥的
It's not that.
不是这个原因
It's just that it was a private conversation.
不过那是私人对话
What are you, his priest? This is how wars are won.
你是他的神父吗 出其不意才能制胜啊
Your friend's mistake was underestimating you.
你朋友错就错在低估你了
I hope ketchup makes the same mistake
我希望番茄酱那边也犯同样的错
so you can blow their mind.
你就能一鸣惊人了
So correct me if I'm wrong, Pete.
皮特 要是我说错了就指出来
I certainly will.
当然可以
You're suggesting that we forego
你建议我们放弃
this sparkling national ad campaign
夺人眼球的全国性广♥告♥宣传
in favor of hard-driving sales ads at the local dealer level?
而偏向地区经销商层次的硬性销♥售♥广♥告♥
Not exactly. We will still have a national presence
不全是 我们还是会做全国广♥告♥
with the sophisticated work that Don presented and you loved,
就用你中意的唐的那个创意
but we will increase sales with a surgical
不过我们会通过加大对地区性媒体的
and financial focus on local media.
人力财力投入来增加销量
That sounds good to me. Of course, I'm a little bit biased.
我听着不错 当然 因为我有点偏见
Why would we do that?
我们为什么要这么做
We feel it's best to have a plan that creates customers,
我们认为广♥告♥方案最好能招揽普通消费者
not just aficionados.
而不只是狂热的车迷
Don, are you really in favor of throwing our emphasis into radio?
唐 你真的赞成把重点放到广播上吗
Well, it's hard to argue with a more direct appeal to customers.
无可争议的是其对消费者的直接诉求
I mean, we can artsy up the image of Jaguar,
我是说 我们能提升捷豹的品牌形象
make it look romantic and stylish,
让它看起来更浪漫 气派
but isn't it better to
但是相比之下
tell people who are actually in the market for a car
直接告诉想要购车的人
that a Jaguar is available?
可以选择捷豹 不是更好吗
I think it's an exciting new angle
我认为这是一个
to use direct sales on a luxury vehicle.
销♥售♥名车的全新方式
I mean, forget about radio.
我是说 别管广播了
How about a mailer
发邮寄广♥告♥怎么样
or a circular in the Sunday paper?
或者登在报纸的周末特辑上
I don't know if that's what we had in mind.
我觉得这好像跟之前讨论的有出入
So this is your recommendation?
这就是你的建议吗
I think it's better to
我觉得比较好的做法是
think about someone in New Jersey
想象在新泽西州的某个人
driving in their current car
开着现在的旧车
and hearing that right around the corner
然后他在转角处听到
there's a Jaguar to buy at a low, low price.
捷豹正在低♥价♥出♥售♥
I bet the numbers would support that don't they, Harry?
我相信很多人都会动心的 对吧 哈里
That...
那个
is really statistics game.
真的需要数据来说明
You know what? I will have to double-check.
我得再去确认一下
Look, why are you limiting yourself?
为什么要把自己限制住呢
Wouldn't you rather cast a wide net
干脆广撒网
so you can sell Jaguar to the average guy?
把捷豹推销给那些普通人
You know, truck drivers, housewives.
比如卡车司机 家庭主妇
I was under the impression from the work you showed us
我还是欣赏你之前向我们展示的创意
that this would be a more elegant approach
用一种更加优雅的方式
that made the Jaguar seem rare because, let's face it,
来显示出捷豹的高贵 因为老实说
the gentleman who buys our car needs to be of some means.
买♥♥我们车的人 必须是有钱的能人才行
I am 100% positive that this approach moves cars.
我完全相信这个方法可以让车大卖♥♥
And not just Jaguars. This is proven to move all kinds of cars.
不光是捷豹 用在什么车上都大卖♥♥
Hell, even used cars. Am I wrong, Herb?
甚至是二手车 我说错了吗 赫布
No, he's right. It moves cars.
不 他是对的 那样确实会增加销量
Gentlemen, we appreciate the recommendation,
先生们 感谢你们的建议
but we believe we should stay with the proposal as first discussed.
但我们还是坚持我们的第一选择
And as persuasive as these arguments were,
尽管你们刚才的提案很有说服力
that is how we will continue to proceed.
我们以后会朝这些方向努力的
Let's not be too hasty.
我们不要匆忙下决定
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表