Who is Don Draper?
唐·德雷柏是怎样一个人
Excuse me?
你说什么
Who is Don Draper?
唐·德雷柏是怎样一个人
What do men say when you ask that?
一般人会怎么回答这类问题
Well, they usually take a minute to think about it
他们一般会想上一小会
Then they do something cute.
然后给出个有趣的答案
One creative director said he was a lion tamer.
一个创意总监说自己是个驯狮员
I don't want to do that.
我没兴趣效仿他们
In the third person? I don't know.
要用第三人称吗 随便
Knockout wife, two kids, house in Westchester.
貌美的妻子 两个孩子 威彻斯特的房♥子
Take the train... maybe you take your car
交通工具是火车 有时可能是汽车
Now that you can afford it.
你完全负担得起
And who told you that?
谁告诉你这些的
Anything?
想出答案没
I mean, now's your chance.
这可是你自我展示的好机会
Well, as I said before, I'm from the Midwest.
如我所说 我来自中西部
We were taught that it's not polite to talk about yourself.
我们受到的教育是 谈论自己是不礼貌的行为
Obviously your glo-coat floor wax commercials
很明显你的彩衣地板蜡的广♥告♥
caused a bit of a squeal,
取得了很不错的反响
On the creative side anyway.
至少创意方面是如此
What made you think of this idea?
你的灵感从何而来呢
I wanted it to be indistinguishable from the movies.
我希望它能达到像电影那样的宣传效果
I wanted people to be watching it and say,
想让观众在观看时发出感慨
"What's happening in the story right now?"
"这故事现在发展到哪一步了"
Oh, it's something else.
哦 原来不是这样啊
"It's not an ad."
"这不是一则广♥告♥"
At least not for the first 30 seconds of it.
至少前三十秒不是
Very good then.
如此甚好
I think I have all I need.
采访完毕
It's only a few hundred words, but on the bright side,
报道只有几百词 不过好消息是
The picture may be bigger than the article.
你照片的版面或许会比文章大
Oh, uh, you all should meet.
容我引见一下
This is Jack Hammond from "Advertising age."
这位是《广♥告♥时代》的杰克·哈蒙德
Roger sterling and Pete Campbell.
这二位是罗杰·斯特林和皮特·坎贝尔
I hope we're not interrupting this crisp
但愿我们没有叨扰您的雅兴
and engaging portrait you're painting.
不会妨碍您的访谈大作
Steady there.
稳住
What happened there? Korea.
您的腿怎么了 朝鲜战争
We're grateful for your sacrifice.
我们对您的牺牲表达无限的敬意
Peter. Jack.
皮特 杰克
Well, it's nice to meet you all.
很高兴见到你们
I'd love to bend your ear when I finish my book.
我的书写完以后 可能还得去请您赐教呢
Certainly.
客气了
Don, it was a pleasure.
唐 感谢您接受采访
I look forward to the article. We all do.
我很期待这篇报道 大家都是
My Uncle lost his leg hitching a trailer.
我叔叔在乘拖车时摔坏了一条腿
Used to ask me to scratch his toes.
他以前常让我挠他的脚趾
He didn't have any. We don't have time, Roger.
实际上他根本没有脚趾了 时间紧迫 罗杰
One quick pop, Louise.
小酌一杯
All right where is this party?
好吧 会面安排在哪里
The Sheraton? A wooden leg...
喜来登酒店 假肢
They're so cheap they can't even afford a whole reporter.
他们太穷酸了 连个四肢健全的记者都雇不起
I'm Peter Campbell and I'm assuming you're Jim.
我是皮特·坎贝尔 我想您就是吉姆了
And this must be Murray.
这位一定是默里了
Bob... Murray stayed in Portland.
我是鲍勃 默里留在波特兰了
Too bad. Missing jackhammer season.
真不巧 他要错过这一季的狂欢了
Roger sterling.
罗杰·斯特林
And you must be Donald draper. Don.
你一定就是唐纳德·德雷柏了 叫我唐
Bob.
鲍勃
We're very very excited you had time to meet with us, Don.
唐 您能抽空和我们会面 真是不胜荣幸
Murray told us Y&R had done glo-coat.
默里说彩衣地板蜡的广♥告♥是扬&罗必凯公♥司♥做的
Turns out everybody in New York except him knows it's you.
事实证明 除了他 全纽约都知道是你的杰作
And I think they're a little jealous.
我觉得他们是在嫉妒你
Can't tell who the client is here.
简直分不清谁主谁宾了
I know a little,
我对你们的情况略知一二
but what we need to know...
不过我们还得知道...
What Don needs to know is
唐也还需要了解的是
What exactly is your concern?
你们究竟面临怎样的难题
I must say I'm getting tired of saying this today.
我得说 今天这话题让我不胜其烦
Next time just have one meeting.
不如下次一锤定音吧
We at Jantzen have had a steady 25% bite of the apple.
我们在詹特伦泳装公♥司♥有25%的固定股份
But the two-piece is most of our concern.
不过分体式泳衣是我们最关注的部分
You have a great bikini. I've spent some time with the catalogue
你们的比基尼极棒 我研究过你们的产品目录
and I would say no concerns at all.
你们完全不必担心
It's not a bikini.
那不是比基尼
A bikini is underwear you wear to the beach.
比基尼是你去海滩时穿的内衣
We make a two-piece bathing suit.
我们生产的是分体式泳衣
We're a family company.
我们是家族企业
And nowadays it's tough to make a dent
如今 如果你的广♥告♥不做的花哨一点
If your ads don't look like a girlie magazine.
就很难抢占市场份额
Do you want women who want bikinis to buy your two-piece
你是希望那些想买♥♥比基尼的女人去买♥♥你们的分体泳衣
Or do you just want to make sure women who want a two-piece
还是只想确保那些本打算买♥♥分体泳衣的女人
don't suddenly buy a bikini?
不会突然去买♥♥比基尼
My lord. That question just tied a knot in my brain.
天啊 这问题我一时还真反应不过来
Our competitors get bigger
我们的对手越发展
The smaller they make that swimsuit.
他们做的泳衣就越暴露
We don't do that.
我们不想那样做
We would like to find a way without playing in the gutter.
我们希望另辟蹊径 不依靠这种低俗的手法
And that's just who our customers are.
我们的目标受众也不是那种人
Right now.
暂时而已
I love how they sit there
我就爱他俩坐在那里
like a couple of choirboys.
装得像唱诗班男童一样清♥纯♥
You know one of them's leaving New York with V.D.
等他们离开纽约时 肯定有一个会染上性病
Where the hell have you been?
你跑哪去了
What's the problem? Don!
出什么事了 唐
Can you give me a minute?
能等我一下吗
I don't mind waiting.
我无所谓再多等会儿
How'd it go? Get back to work.
谈得怎么样 专心干♥你♥的事
How was your interview?
采访进行得如何
Count to 100 and buzz me.
数到一百然后叫我
You missed Geoff Atherton.
你放了杰夫·阿瑟顿的鸽子
He came here expressly to see you.
他专程来这里见你的
I'm sorry, I didn't know he was coming and I don't know who that is.
很抱歉 我不知道他是谁 也不知道他要来
You have no idea how tiny this place looks to a stranger.
你无法想象这地方在外人眼里有多小
Did you tell him about the second floor?
你没和他说其实有两层楼吗
I refuse to be any part of that charade.
我才没兴趣编这种谎话
I wanted an office downtown.
我想把办公室设在市中心
We overspent. We could have got a lot more for our money.
但是超支了 本来能拿到更多钱的
And we could have had a conference table.
本来还能买♥♥个会议桌
Atherton thought the lack of a conference table was deliberate.
阿瑟顿以为不买♥♥会议桌是我们有意为之
He felt that a...
他觉得...
Circle of chairs demands a conversation.
众人围坐一圈更易于谈话
About why there is no table.
谈为什么连个会议桌都没有吗
They loved you.
他们喜欢你
What exactly is the problem?
你到底哪里不满意
Well, first of all they're prudes.
首先 他们太保守了
Second of all
其次 我们离开时
Y&R were standing in the hallway when we left.
扬&罗必凯广♥告♥公♥司♥的人正准备进去
You've been on a cattle call before.
你又不是第一次和人抢客户
When the competition was fair.
那也得是有希望抢到的客户
Every hour of my time has to be accounted for
我在这呆的每一个小时
In the growth of this company.
都得想办法为公♥司♥挣钱
Get me in a room where I have a chance.
我不想在这种没希望的事上浪费时间
In the end it's going to come down to big versus small.
归根结底 这种竞争的实质就是公♥司♥大小的较量
There's two firms in the middle.
处于中间地位的有两家公♥司♥
Kenyon & Eckhardt, and D'Arcy.
K&E公♥司♥和达美高公♥司♥
They'll cancel each other out.
他们会把对方踢出局的
Y&R has six floors of creative.
扬&罗必凯公♥司♥的创意人员有六层楼那么多
They can throw bodies at this account for weeks.
他们有打持久战的资本
We don't have that kind of firepower. We don't have to.
但我们没有 我们也不需要
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表