剧集 | 繁文琐事 | 导航列表
Were you scared?
害怕
Yeah.
我感觉出来加里也害怕
I see that in Gary.
他努力隐藏自己的害怕
H-He tries to hide it,
但即使他这么做
but even though he's in remission,
他看起来还是很害怕
it's like he's afraid...
恐惧还是会回来的
That it's gonna come back.
你也是这样吗
Is it the same for you?
只要我能尽可能地像他
As much as I can be similar to Gary.
敬乔恩
To Jon.
还有敬这么多年他进 电梯
And to that tradition he started on the elevator
的传统方式
all those years ago.
我 我不要敬这个
I-I... I'm not drinking to that.
我每周花四十个小时为保险公♥司♥
I spend 40 hours a week
衡量人的生命值多少钱
valuing people's lives for insurance companies.
这些我们一起度过的时间真♥他♥妈♥的狗屁不值
The time that we spend together isn't worth a damn thing.
- 兄弟 - 认真的吗
- Dude. - Really?
算一下 一场曲棍球比赛的平均时长是
Do the math... Average length of a hockey game
2个小时19分钟
is 2 hours, 19 minutes,
乘上这10年来的41场主场比赛
times 41 home games for 10 years...
这意味着我差不多花了950个小时坐在乔恩身边
That means I spent almost 950 hours sitting next to Jon,
但我却不知道他为什么会抑郁
and I had no idea that he was depressed.
你知道吗 你呢
Did you? Did you?
你不知道 你想知道为什么吗
No. You want to know why?
因为我们不说话
Because we don't talk.
不 我们说话
Yes, we do.
不 埃德 我们不说话
No. Ed, we don't.
上次我们进行深度交流
The last time we said anything deep
是我们坐电梯的时候
was when we were in that elevator.
我们在成为朋友后反倒
We were more honest with each other
没有之前那么坦诚了
before we were friends.
那时候的我们
Now we do this.
肩靠肩地坐在一起
We sit shoulder-to-shoulder like guys,
就像我们现在一样
like we're doing right now.
真♥相♥是 可悲的真♥相♥是 是
And the truth, the very sad truth, is that...
我们根本不了解对方
we don't really know each other.
我敢打赌你俩不知道我眼睛的颜色是什么
I bet you two don't even know what color my eyes are.
喝吧
Yeah. I'll drink.
敬我们以为的一切
I-I'll drink to whatever we thought this was.
我宁可觉得你是得了癌症
Think I liked you better with cancer.
加我一个
Me too.
你有自己的房♥子
You have your own place?
没错
I did.
我和另一个投资者开了一家餐厅
I opened a restaurant with an investor.
很多年前的事了
It was years ago now.
但是她租的地方太大了
But she rented way too big a space.
我们都付不起租金
We just... couldn't make the rent.
我第一次见到乔恩的时候
The first time I ever met Jon,
他帮助我解决了这个难题
he helped me get out of that lease.
我甚至不知道他是谁
I didn't even know him.
我想说 他更像是在帮罗马
I mean, he was doing it more as a favor to Rome,
但 但还是
but... but still...
哇
Wow.
因为乔恩 我不会放弃
And because of Jon, I'm not giving up.
某天我会再开一家自己的餐厅
I'm gonna open up my own place again someday.
这次 我要做的很好
And this time, I'm gonna do it right.
拿上你的外套
Grab your coats.
谢谢你提醒我 这太冷了
Oh, I'm so glad you said that. It's freezing out here.
我们要去来一次公路旅行
No, we're gonna go on a road trip.
我要给你们看个东西
I need to show you something.
是什么
What is it?
是乔恩在死之前做的最后一件事
It's the last thing Jon did before he died.
听着 加里 我知道你喜欢把事情往坏的方面想
Look, Gary, I know you like to go dark,
但是我需要这本来就很可怕的事
but I need this to not be
不那么可怕
as horrible as it is,
因为我一直在想也许我可以做点什么
because I keep thinking that maybe I could've done something.
比如什么呢 艾德
Like what, Ed? Like...
比如如果你再抱我一次他可能就不会死
Like maybe if you hugged him one more time, he'd still be alive?
你的抱抱有魔法啊 你是谁啊
You have magic hugs? Who the hell are you?
很明显我是一个比你
Well, apparently, someone who's a little more
更重感情的人
in touch with his emotions than you are.
玩得愉快 老兄
Enjoy the game, bro.
应该很好玩
Should be a good one.
也许约翰的死是一种警醒
Maybe Jon's death is like a wake-up call, you know?
他总这么说
It's like... It's like he always said,
凡事皆有因
"Everything happens for a reason."
你开玩笑吧
Are you kidding?
我们的朋友自杀了
Our... Our friend offed himself.
你啥意思
Wh-What are you saying?
我们如果活得更好一点 他就不会白死
If we live better lives, he wouldn't have died in vain?
也许吧
Maybe.
好吧
Yes. Okay.
我跟你说 这不可能 艾德
Well, I got news for you, Ed... That's not gonna happen.
因为我们还是会一样的生活下去
'Cause we're not gonna live any differently.
你自己说你很你的工作
You hate your stupid job... Your words...
但是你不想辞职
But you won't quit
因为执导愚蠢的比萨广♥告♥
because directing asinine pizza commercials
赚的钱多
pays way too much money.
你和你的老婆无法忍♥受彼此
You and your wife can't stand each other,
但是你永远无法离开她 永远也不能
but you'll never leave her... Not ever...
因为你不敢自己赌一把
Because you're too afraid to take a chance on yourself.
人们总说要换一种活法
People always say they're gonna live differently.
你猜怎么着 我们会有两周时间活得与众不同
And you know what? We will... For exactly two weeks.
然后我们会回到原来的生活方式
And then we'll go right back
做我们一直做的破事
to doing the same crap that we've always done.
我爱上了一个人
I'm in love with someone.
什么
What?
她是我学生家长
She's a... the mom of one of my students.
我们的恋爱是个意外
We did not mean for it to happen.
但是我爱她 她也相信我
But I love her, and she believes in me.
我要离开凯瑟琳
And I need to leave Katherine,
但是我得确保西奥不介意
but I just have to make sure everything's okay with Theo first.
我也很爱啤酒
And I'm in love with beer.
介意我先走一步吗
Mind if I go ahead of you guys?
- 抱歉 - 没事伙计们
- Sorry 'bout that. - It's all right, fellas.
听我说 艾德 你要离婚我很激动
Look, Ed, I'm thrilled that you are getting out of a marriage
这是我体内最毒的事情
that is more toxic than anything that's ever been in my body,
但是你得挺身而出结束
but it's your need to credit ending something
两年前就该结束的事
that should've ended two years ago
直到我们的朋友从混凝土跳水板上跳下
to our friend jumping off a concrete diving board.
不仅如此
Listen, it's not just that.
我七年滴酒未沾是事实
It's the fact I haven't had a drink in seven years
因为那个站在电梯上的朋友
because that same friend stepped onto an elevator...
别说电梯的事了
Knock it off. Knock it off with the elevator crap, man.
你觉得如果我没遇到你们我会怎么做
What do you think I would've done if I hadn't met you guys?
说真的
Seriously.
我可能跟其他三个傻♥逼♥做朋友
I would've become friends with three other schmucks.
你自己看看 这儿到处都是棕熊队的粉丝
I mean, look around. There are Bruins fans all over the place.
盖里
Gary...
一个战胜了癌症的人怎么能看不出
how does a man who beat cancer
事出皆有因
not see that maybe there is a reason that things happen?
我把话说清了
Let me be very clear.
首先 不是上帝治愈了我的癌症 是科学
First of all, God didn't cure my cancer. Science did.
其次 不是我没有癌症 艾德
Secondly, it's not that I don't have cancer, Ed.
是我现在没得癌症
It's that I don't have cancer right now.
这周拍的片子一切正常
The all-clear screening I got this week
给了我再活
just gives me permission
三个月的许可证
to hold my breath for another three months!
我真厉害
Hooray for me.
该死约翰 你真的是
Damn it, Jon. You had...
人生完满
剧集 | 繁文琐事 | 导航列表