霍华德刚宣布
to propose marriage to Bernadette.
他想向伯纳黛特求婚
I don't understand.
我不明白
The original piece of gossip indicated an impending breakup.
八卦一开始不是说他们要分手吗
I know.
就是说啊
The group consensus is that his proposal
我们一致认为他的求婚
will be met with an humiliating, soul-crushing rejection.
将遭到让他丢脸心碎的拒绝
Everyone was set a-twitter.
大家的心情都紧张得要命
Although oddly, no one tweeted.
虽然很奇怪 却没人发微薄
It's not surprising that the story
我并不奇怪这个故事
has captured the attention of our little circle of friends.
已得到我们小小朋友圈里人的注意
Are you familiar with Meme Theory?
你了解模因理论吗
I'm familiar with everything, but go on.
我什么不了解啊 但继续
Meme Theory suggests that
模因理论认为
items of gossip are like living things
八卦内容就像生物
that seek to reproduce using humans as their host.
力图利用人类作宿主迅速繁殖
I'm no stranger to memetic epidemiology.
我很清楚模因传染病学
At Johnson Elementary School,
在我就读的约翰逊小学
the phrase "Shelly Cooper's a smelly pooper" spread like wildfire.
"谢耳朵是坨臭耳屎"这话就传播迅猛
I should think so.
我想也是
That's gold.
这句话真是绝了
Your meme hypothesis does intrigue me.
模因假设并不吸引我
How might we examine this more closely?
不如我们更近地检测下
Do you have any ethical qualms regarding human experimentation?
想用人类作实验 你一点都不觉得内疚吗
It's one of the few forms of interaction with people
这是极少几项跟人类相互交往
that I don't find repellent.
不让我讨厌的
We need to fabricate a tantalizing piece of gossip.
我们需要假造一则诱人的八卦
And a second non-tantalizing piece to use as a control.
再造一则不诱人的八卦作为实验的控制组
Then we'll track its progress through our social group
然后追踪它在我们社交圈的发展情况
and interpret the results through the competing academic prisms
通过几项相互矛盾的理论来解释结果
of memetic theory, algebraic gossip and epidemiology.
如模因理论 代数八卦和传染病学
Look at you, getting me to engage in the social sciences.
看看你 居然让我开始研究社会科学了
You're a vixen, Amy Farrah Fowler.
你真坏 艾米·费拉·福勒
Oh, hey, Amy. What's up?
嘿 艾米 有事吗
Sheldon and I engaged in sexual intercourse.
我和谢尔顿上♥床♥了
In other news, I'm thinking of starting an herb garden.
还有 我想种个百草园
Mum's the word. Gotta go.
要保密哦 我走了
Oh, hey, Raj, what are you doing here?
拉杰 你在这干嘛
I just felt like drinking alone,
就想一个人喝喝酒
because I'm deep and dark.
因为我深沉黑暗
So, uh, Howard's not here?
霍华德没来吗
No. It's just one of those times when it's just you and me.
没 又是只有我和你了
Like when the three of us went to the movies,
就像上次我们仨去看电影
and you and I waited outside the bathroom
因为红蔓卷绳糖和樱桃可乐
while Howard threw up Red Vines and Cherry Coke.
霍华德躲在厕所里吐 咱俩就在外面等着
Do you remember that?
你还记得吗
Yeah.
记得
Me, too.
我也是
Good times.
真是美好时光
16 wants to order appetizers.
16桌要点头盘
- Oh, thanks. - This was nice.
-谢谢 -刚才的时光也很美好
What the hell are you doing?
你到底在这干嘛
Howard is your best friend, and that is his girlfriend.
霍华德是你最好的朋友 而那是他女友
You should be ashamed of yourself.
你真该为自己感到羞耻
I was when I came in,
我来的时候的确是
but it's amazing what liquor does to guilt.
但美酒穿肠过 美人心中留
Besides what you might not know
还有你可能不知道
is Bernadette is planning on breaking up with Howard.
伯纳黛特正准备跟霍华德分手呢
Well, I know that. How do you know that?
我知道 你又怎么知道的
My sister told me.
我妹妹说的
Oh, that gossipy bitch.
那个八卦的婊♥子♥
No offense.
无意冒犯
None taken.
我不介意
You should hear how she talks about you.
你真该听听她背后怎么说你的
Okay, listen,
好吧 听着
just because Howard and Bernadette are having problems,
就算霍华德和贝纳黛特之间出了问题
does not mean you should be here sniffing around.
你也不应该在这四处打探
What can I do? I can't stop thinking about her.
我能怎么办 我脑子里想的都是她
All right, try thinking about this--
好吧 试着想想这个
Sheldon and Amy had sex.
谢尔顿和艾米上♥床♥啦
Shut your ass!
闭上你的狗嘴
Yeah, it's true. Amy told me.
是真的 艾米亲口跟我说的
How did that even happen?
怎么可能发生这事呢
Did they know that's what they were doing
他们干的时候
when they were doing it?
知道自己在干嘛吗
I-I guess they just figurd it out at some point.
我猜他们应该是灵机一动 于是激♥情♥喷涌
I can't believe old Smelly Pooper finally got laid.
真不敢相信老处♥男♥臭耳屎终于开♥苞♥了
Hope you're hungry.
希望你饿了
Interesting.
有意思
A friendly sentiment in this country,
这个国家表示友好的方式
cruel taunt in the Sudan.
在苏丹却是残酷的奚落
It's a lesson in context.
不同语境的教训啊
Will Amy be joining us for dinner?
艾米会来跟咱们一起吃饭吗
Yes, I believe so.
应该会来吧
Good, good.
好 很好
Everything... okay between you two?
你们俩 还好吧
Yes.
当然
Why do you ask?
你问这个干嘛
No reason.
没事随便问问
I was just talking to Raj,
我刚跟拉杰聊天
and he mentioned what a lovely glow she has these days.
他觉得艾米这几天容光焕发得不得了
Did he mean as if she'd been out in the sun,
他是说那种容光是因为照料百草园时
tending an herb garden without wearing a hat or sunblock?
没戴帽子或擦防晒 而被太阳晒成的吗
No.
不是
That's not what he meant.
他说的重点不是这个
Well, we may never know.
那我们就不得而知了
As my mother would say,
正如我母亲常说
the Asians are an inscrutable folk.
亚洲人高深莫测呀
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.
不好意思 我还有工作要忙
Yeah, you do.
你忙你忙
You dog, you.
小坏蛋 装毛呀装
Did you get that?
你听见了吗
Every word.
一字不差
Our false gossip meme
我们谣言八卦模因
appears to have reached node lambda.
好像已经到达目录树中的节点表达式了
This is moving faster than we thought.
传递得比我们想象中要快
Agreed.
同意
It appears the rate of gossip transmission
似乎谣言的传播速率
is proportional to the number of nodes squared.
与节点数量的二次幂成比例
I must say, Amy,
艾米 我不得不说
pretending to have intercourse with you
假装跟你上♥床♥
is giving me a great deal of satisfaction.
让我的身心得到了极大的满足
Slow down, Sheldon. I'm not quite there yet.
慢点 谢尔顿 我还没啥感觉呢
- Pass the soy sauce. - sure
-帮我递下酱油 -好的
Bernadette just asked about my sexual encounter with you.
贝纳黛特刚向我打听咱俩上♥床♥的事
The meme has reached full penetration.
模因全面插入[penetration也有阴♥茎♥插入的意思]
Pun intended?
故意用的双关语吗
No. Happy accident.
不是 无心插柳柳成荫
This is remarkable.
这次成果显著
Took less than 24 hours.
还不到24小时
I should let you know
我应该告诉你
that she asked for details about our dalliance.
她还问了咱俩调情的细节
Interesting.
真有意思
So it went beyond the mere fact of coitus
人们开始不满足于"上♥床♥"的字面意思
to a "blow by blow," as it were.
发展到要咱俩"越吹越爽"的细节了
Pun intended?
故意用的双关语吗
I'm sorry. What pun?
抱歉 什么双关
Not important.
不说这个了
I described your lovemaking as "aloof, but effective."
我把你的做♥爱♥方式概括为"冷淡却高效"
I wish you hadn't done that.
但愿你没有说出口
That's going to make me a chick magnet,
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表