以确定你脑部活动最旺盛的时段吗
I did that one summer.
我曾经在某个暑假试过
Ah, youth.
美好的童年啊
No, I experienced some distressing symptoms last night,
不是 我昨晚产生了一些奇怪的症状
so I'm checking my vital signs every hour.
所以我每个小时都在检查自己的生命迹象
I'd be happy to create a chart
我很乐意帮你做个图表
and participate in a differential diagnosis.
进行一下差异分♥析♥
Oh, that sounds like fun.
好像挺好玩的嘛
All right.
开始吧
What were the symptoms?
你有哪些症状
Elevated heart rate, moist palms, dry mouth
心跳加速 手心出汗 口干舌燥
and localized vascular throbbing.
还有局部的血管抽动
Localized to what region?
局部是哪
Ears and genitalia.
耳朵和生殖器
Interesting.
有意思
Not body parts that usually team up.
是两个通常不会放一起说的器官
What about environmental factors?
那环境因素呢
Describe the scene for me.
形容一下当时的情景
I was sitting in a restaurant with Penny and Bernadette,
我跟佩妮还有伯纳黛特一起在餐馆
drinking water -- carbonated as it was a special occasion.
喝水 而且喝的是碳酸水 因为那是特殊场合
Penny's friend Zack stopped by and said hello
佩妮的朋友扎克过来打了个招呼
and I said "hoo."
然后我就说"呼"[和"谁"同音]
Who?
谁
Zack.
扎克
Then why did you ask?
你知道是扎克还问
- Ask what? - Who.
-问什么 -问"谁"呀
Zack.
扎克
All right, let's start over.
好吧 重头来一遍
What did you say when Zack walked in?
扎克走过来后你说了什么
- "Hoo". - Zack.
-"呼"["谁"] -扎克
Why do you keep saying "Zack"?
你为什么一直说"扎克"
Because you keep saying "who."
因为你一直问"谁"["呼"]呀
I'm not saying "hoo" now.
我现在可没说"呼"
I said "hoo" last night.
我是昨晚说的"呼"
And the answer was Zack, correct?
答案就是扎克 对吧
There was no question.
我没问问题啊
I simply said "hoo."
我只是说了"呼"
All right, I think I have enough to go on.
好吧 我不纠结了
Possible explanations for your symptoms are,
你以上症状的诱因
in descending order of likelihood:
根据可能性降序排列的结果如下
hyperthyroidism, premature menopause,
甲亢 过早绝经
hosting an alien parasite or --
外星人附体 或是
and I only include it for the sake of covering
以下这个结果纯粹是为了涵盖所有
absolutely all bases -- sexual arousal.
可能因素 那就是性冲动
Where would I have picked up an alien parasite?
我在哪儿被外星人附的身啊
There you are.
找到你了
Let me ask you a question. What are you most afraid of?
问你个问题 你最怕什么
I don't know. Um...
我也不知道
nuclear war.
核战
Accidentally being buried alive.
不小心被活埋了
Any of those movies where you get that phone call
或者是像那种电影情节一样 突然接到一个电♥话♥
that says you're going to die.
电♥话♥那头的人说你就要死了
And then you do.
结果你还就真挂了
No. Something very specific
不是这些 是某个
that we both know you,
咱俩都知道你
Rajesh Koothrappali, are terrified of.
也就是拉杰·库萨帕里 害怕的东西
Well, type two diabetes runs in my family.
我家的确有二型糖尿病史
The thought of losing a toe...
糖尿病后期会掉脚趾的
Spiders! You're afraid of spiders!
是蜘蛛 你怕蜘蛛
What the heck is this?
这是什么
A jar with a big spider in it, of course.
当然是装着一只大蜘蛛的罐子啦
Bravery test.
勇敢度测试
First one to take his hand out is the sidekick.
先把手拿出来的人就是跟班
Are you crazy?
你疯了吗
Perhaps.
也许吧
Are you scared?
你怕了吗
No. But it's a stupid test.
没有 但这测试很白♥痴♥
Oh, really? What if the Earth was in danger
是吗 要是地球危在旦夕
and the only way to save it was
而唯一拯救的方法就是
to stick your hand in a jar with a spider?
把你的手伸进装着蜘蛛的罐子里呢
Oh, yeah? What if the Earth was in danger
是吗 要是地球危在旦夕
and the only way to save it was to take a shower
而唯一的拯救办法就是
in the locker room and let other guys see you naked?
在更衣室里洗澡 还被人看到你的裸体
Oh, come on. That's never gonna happen.
得了 这事没可能发生
Put your hand in the jar
快把手放进罐子里
or forever be revealed as my sidekick.
不然你就一辈子做我跟班吧
All right, I will.
好吧 这就放
How did you get so brave all of a sudden?
你怎么一下子胆儿这么肥了
It's easy.
简单
The spider's crawling up your arm.
蜘蛛都爬到你手臂上了
Get it off! Get it off!
快把这货弄下来
Please, Raj!
快点 拉杰
Please.
别愣着
My blood work shows thyroid function normal.
我的血检表明甲状腺功能正常
Cortisol levels normal.
皮质醇水平也正常
How about your follicle-stimulating hormone levels?
那你的垂体卵泡刺♥激♥素水平呢
Sheldon, I am not going through menopause.
谢尔顿 我还没到更年期
Are you sure?
你确定吗
You said that with the testy bark of an old biddy.
你这口气听着像个暴躁的欧巴桑
I think we need to face the cold, hard truth:
我觉得我们得面对一个残酷的现实
I was sexually aroused by Penny's friend Zack.
我被佩妮的朋友扎克性唤起了
Hang on. I don't know
慢着 我觉得
that we've given the alien parasite hypothesis
我们还没考虑过外星人附体的可能性呢
a fair shake.
这个合理假设
Let's look at this logically.
我们还是有点逻辑吧
I have a stomach; I get hungry.
我有胃 所以会饿
I have genitals; I have the potential for sexual arousal.
我有生殖器 所以也可能会有性冲动
A cross we all must bear.
这是我们必须承受的负担
You know, in difficult moments like this,
每次我遭遇这种艰难时刻
I often turn to a force greater than myself.
我总是借助更强大的力量约束自己
Religion?
宗教信仰吗
Star Trek.
《星际迷航》
Did you see Star Trek: The Motion Picture?
你看过《星舰迷航记I》吗
- No. Don't. - It's terrible. However...
-没有 -别看了 烂得要死 但是...
in it, we learn that
在这部电影里我们知道
when Spock finds himself drawn off the path of logic
当史波克发现自己丧失了理性逻辑
by feelings bubbling up from his human half, he suppresses them
而被他人类那部分的情绪所影响
using the Vulcan mental discipline of Kolinahr.
他就用瓦肯族科里纳心律原则压抑自己
Are you suggesting we live our lives
你的意思是 我们的人生要受
guided by the philosophies found in cheap science fiction?
不入流的科幻作品里的思想的影响吗
"Cheap science fiction"?
不入流的科幻作品
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Using Kolinar to suppress my anger at that last comment.
用科里纳规则来压抑我因为上个评论所产生的愤怒
Is it possible that your concern for me at this moment
你现在对我这么在意
is motivated by nothing more than simple jealousy?
会不会就是因为嫉妒作祟
I hadn't considered that.
这我倒没想过
Give me a moment.
稍等片刻
All right, I've considered it.
好了 我想过了
- And? - I reject it.
-然后呢 -驳回这一说法
You reject it because you don't feel jealousy,
是因为你没感觉到嫉妒
or because you are suppressing jealousy?
还是因为你压抑掉了
I think I'll eat my lunch at home.
我想我还是回家吃午餐吧
That's not your lunch, Sheldon;
那不是你的午餐 谢尔顿
those are the cadaver brain specimens.
那些是尸体的大脑标本
As they were incorrectly sliced,
就因为你切片切得不对
you can see how I could mistake them for my sashimi.
害得我都把它们当成生鱼片了
- Hello. - Hey.
-你好 -好啊
Isn't tomorrow your usual laundry night?
你不是都明天洗衣服的吗
The supermarket was out of my regular fabric softener.
我常用的柔软剂超♥市♥卖♥♥光了
If this one under-or over-softens,
如果这一款过柔或不够柔
I'll need time to make things right.
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表