It's Koothrappali.
我叫库萨帕里
I have to tinkle.
我得去嘘嘘了
And so, instead of bowing to pressure,
于是 我没有屈服于权贵
and going to that pointless soiree,
去参加那个毫无意义的社交晚会
I stayed right here and did a load of whites.
而是待在家里 把衣服都洗了
Well, normally I respect your macho rebellious attitude
通常我会赞许你那反♥社♥会♥的大男子气概
toward "The Man,"
不听你们领导的
but, in this case, I think you've made a foolish mistake.
但这回 我觉得你犯了个愚蠢的错误
Unlikely.
不可能
But make your case.
但请你说完
Keeping in mind that your critical attitude
请记住 您那批评的语气
is ruining our Saturday night together,
正毁坏咱们周六夜晚的美好时光
and I'm not above minimizing your window.
我都没有把你窗口最小化
Sheldon, like it or not,
谢尔顿 不管你喜不喜欢
until you manage to upload your intelligence
在你能把你的智慧
into a self-sustaining orbiting satellite,
上载到一颗自给自足 装备着高速互联网
equipped with high-speed Internet and a cloaking device,
和隐形设备的轨道卫星上之前
you will be dependent on other members of the human race.
你还是需要依靠其他人类同胞的
That's it. Prepare to be minimized.
够了 我要把你最小化了
I'm not finished.
我还没说完
All scientists have to fund-raise, Sheldon.
谢尔顿 所有科学家都要去募集资金
How do you think I paid for my lab?
你觉得我的实验室靠的是什么资金
I went to Saudi Arabia and met with a prince
我去了沙特阿♥拉♥伯 遇到个王子
who had an interest in neurobiology.
他正好对神经生物学感兴趣
Your lab is funded by some Middle-Eastern dilettante?
你的实验室靠中东业余爱好者资助的么
Technically, Faisal is my fianc?
更准确地说 法伊萨是我未婚夫
But I do have a state-of-the-art two-photon microscope
但我现在有最高端的双光子显微镜
and a place to stay in Riyadh for the winter.
冬天去利雅得(阿♥拉♥伯半岛中部的城市)还有个住所
Well, that explains those puzzling camel race photos
终于明白你Facebook上面那些诡异的骆驼比赛的照片
on your Facebook page.
是哪里来的了
And consider this:
你这么想
without you to make the case for the physics department,
如果物理学院没有你出面
the task will fall to people like Leonard and Rajesh.
募捐的重任就落到莱纳德和拉杰那种人头上了
Are you trying to scare me?
你唬我么
'Cause you're succeeding.
你成功了
Well, then prepare to be terrified.
等着更恐怖的吧
If your friends are unconvincing,
如果你的朋友们没有足够说服力的话
this year's donations might go to,
今年的捐款可能就被
say, the geology department.
地质学院卷走了
Oh, dear, not the dirt people!
不要吧 那些烂泥研究员
Or worse-- it could go to...
或者更糟糕
the liberal arts.
也可能给人文学院哦
No!
不要
Millions of dollars being showered on poets,
几百万的捐款都在那些骚人墨客
literary theorists and students of gender studies.
身上打了水漂
Oh, the humanities!
噢 人文啊
On the bright side, I don't think President Siebert
往好处想 我觉得希伯特校长再也不会
will be making us go to any more fund-raisers.
让我们参加任何募捐活动了
It was so much easier at my bar mitzvah.
受戒仪式都没这么痛苦
The old people just came up to you, pinched your cheek
那些老家伙也就捏捏你的小脸蛋
and handed you a savings bond.
就把储蓄债券给了你
Oh, don't be such gloomy Gusses.
别这么闷闷不乐嘛
Look at the size of these shrimp!
看这的虾有多大
At what point do we start calling them lobsters?
到多大就可以叫做龙虾了
Face it, Raj, we crashed and burned tonight.
承认吧 我们搞砸了
Oh, you didn't do that badly.
没那么糟糕啦
Mrs. Latham, the first machine I turn on in the morning
莱瑟姆女士 我每天早晨第一个打开的机器
is the helium-neon laser, 'cause it needs to warm up.
是氦氖激光器 给它预热
I no longer care, dear.
亲爱的我不关心
But don't worry,
别着急
I really enjoyed meeting you this evening.
今天晚上见到你们很高兴
You're kidding. That was good for you?
别开玩笑了 哪里值得高兴了
'Cause I was sweating through my T-shirt.
我出了一身汗了
Excellent! There's nothing I like better
最好不过了
than making smart people feel ill at ease.
我最喜欢调戏聪明人了
Why?
啥
Oh, I don't know, it's one of the fun things
你有了钱之后
you get to do when you have lots of money.
就喜欢找这种乐子
Watch.
看着
Hey! Who said you could eat that shrimp?
谁让你吃这里的虾了
See? Fun.
有趣吧
No, no, no, I'm just here for your money.
不不不 我只是来要钱的
I don't want to shake anyone's germy hands.
我不想握任何人的带菌手
Explain it to them, Siebert.
希伯特 快跟他们说清楚
I must confess
我必须承认
I don't understand you, President Siebert.
我不懂你什么意思 希伯特校长
First you say you want me to appear at your fund-raisers,
你一开始说你想要我出席你的筹款会
but now you say you never want me to go
现在你又说你再也不想让我
anywhere near your fund-raisers.
接近你的筹款会
Forgive me, but that sounds like a mixed message.
不好意思 但您这意思有点混乱呀
Here we go again.
又来了
If there's simply no talking to me,
如果你懒得跟我讲话的话
why did you call?
那干吗还打电♥话♥给我
I'm sorry, someone's on the other line.
对不起 另一条线上有电♥话♥进来了
Why don't you see if you can organize your thoughts,
你何不组织一下你的语言
and we'll try again later.
我们晚点再聊
Cooper-Hofstadter residence. Go for Cooper.
库珀和霍夫斯塔德家 简称库珀家
Good morning, Mrs. Latham.
早上好 莱森太太
Well, yes, of course I remember you.
当然 我当然记得你
A woman well past her prime
一个通过把死去丈夫得来的
seeking to augment her social status
不义之财都捐赠出去以提高自己的
by doling out her late husband's ill-gotten gains.
社会地位的女人
So, how much money are you going to give me?
那你准备给我多少钱
I'm not crazy -- my mother had me tested.
我不疯 我妈带我检查过的
Well, if you're not going to give me money,
如果你不准备给我钱
then why are you calling?
那你打电♥话♥来干嘛
She wants to talk to you.
她要跟你讲话
Who's crazy now?
到底谁才是疯子
Hello, Mrs. Latham.
你好 莱森太太
Yes, I live with him.
是的 我跟他住在一起
I don't...I-I really don't know why.
我不 我也不知道为什么
Tonight? Sure, that'd be great.
今晚吗 好的 没问题
Okay, I'll see you then.
好的 到时见
Bye.
再见
She wants to have dinner and talk about my research.
她想跟我共进晚餐 谈谈我的研究
An entire dinner to talk about your research?
就你那点研究还用得着整个晚餐的时间来讨论吗
Where you going, the drive-thru at Jack in the Box?
你们去哪吃 免下车的魔术盒快餐[美国快餐店]吗
Well, wherever we're going,
不管去哪都好
she's sending a car to pick me up.
她会派车来接我
Okay,
好吧
- I see what's happening. - What?
-我明白了 -明白什么了
My stature intimidates her,
我的境界吓到她了
so she's using you to get to me.
所以她就利用你来接近我
Crafty old gal.
狡猾的老师太
Excuse me, but you are not the only
不好意思 但你并不是这间公♥寓♥里唯一
distinguished scientist in this apartment.
一名出色的科学家
I've been published in peer-reviewed journals,
我在同行评审刊物里发表过论文
I received a Dissertation of the Year award
我在实验粒子物理学方面获得过
for experimental particle physics.
年度专题论文奖
No, that can't be it.
不 不可能
And since you seem
还有你似乎忘了
to have forgotten, the reason we live together
咱俩住在一起
is we're best friends.
是因为咱俩是死党
And I got your back, Jack.
我会挺你的 杰克
- That was a great meal. - I'm glad you enjoyed it.
-晚餐棒极了 -很高兴你喜欢
The only time I eat this well is when my mom's in town
我唯一一次吃得这么好 就是我妈来看我
- and she takes me out to dinner. - Is that so?
-然后带我出去吃饭那次 -是吗
You kind of remind me of her.
你跟她有点像
She enjoys making people uncomfortable, too.
她也喜欢把人弄得不自在
Well, you remind me of a boy I dated in college.
你让我想起我在大学时期的男朋友
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表