剧集 | 星际旅行:原初(1966) | 导航列表
Like this one.
但是那些蛋也还活着,她照看着它们
But the eggs live, she cares for them,
保护它们,当它们孵化后
protects them. And when they hatch,
她就是它们的母亲,成千上万个孩子的母亲
she is the mother to them, thousands of them.
这个生物是她整个种族的母亲
This creature here is the mother of her race.
霍塔是智慧的
The Horta is intelligent,
和平的,性情温顺的生物
peaceful, mild.
她不反对和你们共享这颗星球
She had no objection to sharing this planet with you
直到你们闯进了她的孵化室,开始破坏她的蛋
till you broke into her nursery and started destroying her eggs.
那时,她就会像所有母亲那样
Then she fought back in the only way she knew how,
用她唯一知道的方法报复
as any mother would fight
当她的孩子身处险境时
when her children are endangered.
我们都不知情,我们怎么能知道呢?
We didn't know. How could we?
但是你说,如果这些蛋孵化出来
But you mean if these eggs hatch,
就会有成千上万的这种生物
there will be thousands of those things
在这里生存?
crawling around down here?
这里是它们生活的地方
This is where they live.
它们开拓通道,靠溶解岩石,获取营养物质
They digest rock. They tunnel for nourishment.
而且它们是最没攻击性的生物
And they are the most inoffensive of creatures.
它们没有恶意
They harbour ill will toward no one.
现在,看,我们可以生产钚介钼
Now, look, we have pergium to deliver.
是的,我知道了
Yes, I know.
给你循环泵
Here's your circulating pump.
嗯,你原来抱怨这颗星球
Now, you've complained that this planet
是一座矿产珍宝屋
is a mineralogical treasure house
如果你有设备能够开采的话
if you had the equipment to get at it.
嗯,先生们,霍塔在岩石中穿梭移♥动♥
Well, gentlemen, the Horta moves through rock
就像我们在空气中移♥动♥,而且它们留下了通道
the way we move through air, and it leaves tunnels.
它们是这宇宙中最伟大的天然矿工
The greatest natural miners in the universe.
看起来我们可以达成协议
Seems to me that we could make an agreement,
以作权宜之计
reach a modus vivendi.
它们开拓出通道,你们采集矿产进行生产
They tunnel, you collect and process,
你们的生产产生盈利会增加无数倍
and your process operation would be a thousand times more profitable.
听起来很不错,如果事情真能那样发展的话
Sounds all right, if it'll work.
除了一件事情
Except for one thing.
霍塔受伤很严重
The Horta is badly wounded.
它或许会死掉 - 它不会死
It may die. - It won't die.
天啊,吉姆,我开始觉得自己都能“治愈”雨天了
By golly, Jim, I'm beginning to think I can cure a rainy day.
你能帮助它吗? - 帮助它?我把它治好了
Can you help it? - Helped it? I cured it.
你用了什么方法?
How?
我让星舰给我传送下一百磅热混凝土
I had the ship beam down a hundred pounds of that thermo-concrete.
你知道,就是我们用来建造应急避难所的那种东西
You know, the kind we use to build emergency shelters out of.
主要成分就是硅
It's mostly silicon.
所以我就把它倒到伤口上
So I just troweled it into the wound,
在伤口愈合之前,它就像是一张创可贴
and it'll act like a bandage until it heals.
来看一看,和新的一样
Take a look. It's good as new.
史波克先生,我需要你再次和霍塔交流
Mr. Spock, I'm gonna have to ask you to get in touch with the Horta again.
告诉她我们的提议
Tell her our proposition.
她和她的孩子们可以任意挖掘通道
She and her children can do all the tunnelling they want,
我们的人会移走矿物
our people will remove the minerals,
双方都不会干扰对方的活动
and each side will leave the other alone.
你觉得她会答应吗? - 舰长,提议看起来很合逻辑
Do you think she'll go for it? - It seems logical, captain.
霍塔有很好的逻辑性
The Horta has a very logical mind.
在和人类进行密切交流后
And after close association with humans,
我发现我的好奇心增强了不少
I find that curiously refreshing.
舰长,星舰准备脱离轨道
Ship ready to leave orbit, captain.
已经驶入预订航线 - 很好,史波克先生
Course laid in. - Very good, Mr. Spock.
首席工程师范登堡在频道一待命
Chief Engineer Vanderberg standing by on channel one.
好的,你好,首席?我是寇克
Fine. Yes, chief? Kirk here.
舰长,只是想告诉你那些蛋已经开始孵化了
Just wanted to tell you the eggs have started to hatch, captain.
那些小家伙做的第一件事就是去挖掘通道
The first thing the little devils do is start to tunnel.
我们已经勘探到了新的钚介钼矿了
We've already hit huge new pergium deposits.
我害怕告诉你我们发现了
I'm afraid to tell you how much gold and platinum
多少黄金、铂和稀土元素
and rare earths we've uncovered.
我听到这个很高兴,首席
I'm delighted to hear that, chief.
一旦霍塔妈妈告诉她的孩子们要去找什么
Once Mother Horta tells her kids what to look for,
你们都会富甲一方的
you people are going to be embarrassingly rich.
你也知道,霍塔心肠不坏
You know, the Horta aren't so bad
只要你习惯了和他们在一起
once you get used to their appearance.
是的,真的是那样,寇克,谢谢你做的一切
Well, that's about it, Kirk. Thanks for everything.
这是我们的荣幸,首席,寇克,通话结束
Our pleasure, chief. Kirk, out.
真好奇
Curious.
范登堡首长说的关于霍塔的话
What Chief Vanderberg said about the Horta
正是霍塔妈妈对我说的话
is exactly what the mother Horta said to me.
她发现人类的面目很有攻击性
She found humanoid appearance revolting,
但是她认为她会习惯的
but she thought she could get used to it.
嗯,她做到了,是不是?
Oh, she did, did she?
嗯,告诉我,她是不是碰巧对你的耳朵做过评价?
Now, tell me, did she happen to make any comment about those ears?
没有
Not specifically.
但是我确实有了明确的印象,她觉得耳朵
But I did get the distinct impression she found them
是人类最有吸引力的部位
the most attractive human characteristic of all.
我不忍♥心告诉她只有我有这么独特的耳朵——
I didn't have the heart to tell her that only I have--
她真的喜欢你的耳朵吗?
She really liked those ears?
舰长,霍塔是具有相当高智慧
Captain, the Horta is a remarkably intelligent
和无可挑剔品味的敏感生物
and sensitive creature with impeccable taste.
因为她称赞了你
Because she approved of you.
真的,船长,我的谦逊——
Really, captain, my modesty--
史波克先生,不要做经不起推敲的言论
Does not bear close examination, Mr. Spock.
我发现你越来越像人类了
I suspect you're becoming more and more human all the time.
你…
You...
舰长,我不能再在这里受侮辱了
Captain, I see no reason to stand here and be insulted.
以曲速率2前进
Ahead, warp factor 2.
剧集 | 星际旅行:原初(1966) | 导航列表