The inner sanctum.
里面的密室
Come in.
进
Commissioner.
警监
How'd you know where to find me?
你怎么知道我在这儿?
Baker told me you were here.
Baker说你在这儿
That's not supposed to happen.
她不该说
It's not her fault.
不是她的错
Sit down.
坐
I was the one who recommended Danny and Baez
是我推荐Danny和Baez
for the Medal for Valor.
成为勇气勋章候选人的
And you didn't tell me?
为什么不告诉我?
I knew how you'd feel about it.
因为我知道你肯定觉得别扭
Why didn't you just tell me this morning?
那今早为什么没告诉我?
Because I knew how you'd feel about it.
因为我知道你肯定觉得别扭
As I recall, you had plenty of problems with Danny when you were his boss.
我怎么记得你当Danny领导的时候也被他气得够呛
Yes, I did.
是没错
But never about his commitment or his courage.
可我从来没怀疑过他的忠诚和勇气
Yet you never submitted his name for a medal before.
你那时候也没推荐过他啊
Yes. That was an oversight.
这是我疏忽了
So, when you found out you were moving on,
所以你听说要升职的时候
you decided to do it then?
就决定做了?
Actually,
其实吧
I thought I was gonna get canned,
我当时以为自己要被开除了
so I thought I'd go out with a bang and right a wrong.
就觉得不如来个华丽退场再纠正之前做错的事
These medals are not to be used as a parting gift.
奖章不是拿来做分手礼物的
That's not what this is.
不是那回事
It's what it sounds like.
听起来就像是那回事
This is about what I think medals in general are partly about.
是我个人对大部分奖章意义的理解
It's about the officers' families.
是关于他们的家人
It's about them getting to see their spouse
是让他们有机会看见自己的配偶
or mom or dad as a hero.
或者父母成为英雄
I'm sorry. I won't approve your recommendation at this time.
抱歉 这次我不会通过你的申请
Sir,
长官
I get it that you don't want to show favoritism to your kids,
我知道您不想偏爱您的孩子们
but they also shouldn't be punished
可您是警监也不是他们的错啊
because their father happens to be the police commissioner.
他们不该因此受到惩罚的
Nicholas Bianco is a liar.
Nicholas Bianco是个骗子
Did you threaten him?
你威胁他了?
I don't threaten people.
我不威胁人
I actually follow through.
我做事可是有始有终的
What does that mean?
啥意思?
It means if I wanted to hurt him,
意思就是如果我想杀他
he'd be part of a landfill right now.
早给他埋垃圾场里去了
That kind of sounds a little bit like a threat to me.
我怎么听怎么觉得这就是威胁
I said "if""
都说了如果了
Do you know this guy?
认识这人吗?
No.
不认识
He tried to kill Nick Bianco.
他试图杀害Nick Bianco
Too bad. That he wasn't successful.
真倒霉 怎么就没弄死他
And this is my lawyer.
这是我律师
You have any more questions,
还有啥问题
call him, not me.
直接找他 别找我
Problem we're gonna have on this case, too many suspects.
咱破这案子最大的障碍就是嫌犯太多
The M.E. sent her report. The vic's name was Bruce Epstein.
法医报告来了 死者是Bruce Epstein
Lived in Astoria.
家住Astoria
He was hit with three precision shots to the chest,
胸前正中三枪
all within one inch of each other.
各隔一英寸
Bianco must've knew his way around a gun.
Bianco肯定很会使枪
Apparently so did Epstein.
Epstein也一样
His prints came back with a list of charges,
查他的指纹发现他案底很多
from gun possession to attempted murder.
包括非法持枪以及意图谋杀
But his last charges were dropped.
但最近一项罪名被撤销了
Why?
为啥?
Well, it looks like the person he was accused of attempting to murder
他意图谋杀那人
refused to testify.
拒绝作证
Refused? Or was threatened?
是拒绝还是被威胁了?
Let's find out.
查查就知道了
You take a look at that case I sent you?
你看我发你那案子了没?
Yeah, I did. So, Suzanne Taylor and her boyfriend,
看了 Suzanne Taylor和她男友
John McVeigh, tried to rob a 24-hour convenience store.
John McVeigh想要抢劫一家24小时便利店
McVeigh ended up shooting the store clerk to death.
最后McVeigh开枪打死了店员
According to the witness,
根据目击者证词
Suzanne Taylor was taking the cash from the register
店员流血致死时
while the store clerk bled to death.
Suzanne Taylor正忙着从收银机里拿钱
Taylor says she was never in the store
Taylor声称从未去过那家店
and didn't know what had happened
也不知道发生了什么事
until she was arrested with her boyfriend.
就这么跟她男友一起被逮捕了
Which contradicts the witness' and the boyfriend's statements.
这与店员跟男友证词矛盾
The boyfriend died of cancer in prison three years ago.
男友三年前因癌症死于监狱
Great.
好极了
So why is she being granted a 440 hearing now?
她为什么能通过440听证会?
Because the only witness,
因为证实案犯身份的唯一目击者
Carmen Thompson, who I.D.'d Taylor and McVeigh, was a crackhead.
Carmen Thompson是个吸毒者
And the detective on the case, Detective Stevens,
还有当时办案的警探Stevens
used her for three prior trials and two subsequent ones.
用她办过三个重案和之后的两起案件
You spoken to him yet?
跟他谈过没?
Over the phone.
电♥话♥里聊过
He's retired, living in Arizona.
他已经退了 住在亚利桑那
He said there were 900 murders that year.
他说那年发生了900起谋杀案
Neighborhoods like that, the people who tend to be outside late at night...
在那片地区半夜出门的人 都...
Crack addicts. I get it.
都是吸毒者 我懂的
But the same witness in six trials?
六个案子都用一个目击证人?
It does taint the witness.
确实会使证人有污点
And it taints him and me and the whole case.
现在我 他 还有这起案子 都有污点了
Did he have anything to say about that?
他说什么了吗?
He said, "Detectives don't decide who to prosecute."
他说 警探又不决定该起诉谁
Right. ADAs do.
好吧 是我们地检的工作
Which means it's my fault for not vetting the witness better.
所以没有事先检查目击者 都是我的责任
Erin, this was 12 years ago.
Erin 这是12年前的事了
There weren't even databases back then for witnesses.
那时候连目击证人的数据库都没有
This isn't about placing blame.
这不是该怪谁的问题
Oh, that's exactly what it's about.
这就是该怪谁的问题
Do you think there's a possibility that Suzanne Taylor is innocent?
你觉得Suzanne Taylor有没有可能是无辜的?
I think you had a sloppy detective.
我觉得该案警探不着调
That's not what I asked.
你没回答我的问题
You think there's a possibility that she's innocent?
你觉得她有可能是无辜的?
Yes, there is.
对 有可能
Victor Floros? Detective Reagan. This is Detective Baez.
Victor Floros? 我是Reagan警探 这是Baez警探
We need to ask you a few questions.
需要问你几个问题
Do I have a choice?
我有别的选择吗?
You can do it down at the squad room.
你可以选择在这儿回答 或者回分局再说
George, take over the register.
George 帮我看下收银机
Last year, you refused to testify against Bruce Epstein
Bruce Epstein去年试图谋杀你
for an attempt he made on your life.
但你拒绝作证
Yeah. So?
对 所以?
So, what happened?
所以出了什么事?
Why did you change your mind, decide not to testify?
你为什么改变主意不肯作证了?
Because I like breathing.
因为我觉得活着挺好
What are you talking about?
啥意思?
Look, as soon as we opened this place,
我刚把店开起来
the Mob sent someone over to meet me,
黑帮就派人过来
and tell me we had to pay them off just to stay in business.
要我交保护费 否则就让我开不下去
And did you?
你交了吗?
No. I refused.
没有 我拒绝了
That's when that guy Epstein comes to my place
之后那个叫Epstein的家伙就跑我店里
and shoots right through the window at me.
射穿窗户 朝我开枪
Are you sure it was him?
你确定是他吗?
Trust me, when you're looking at the wrong end of a gun,
相信我 有人拿枪指着你的时候
your vision becomes very clear very fast.
你的视线会变得无比清晰迅捷
So, you think Epstein is in the Mob?
你觉得Epstein是黑帮的?
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表