剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
heartfelt emotion.
不是我的强项 还是用恐惧感收尾吧
Eh, not where I shine. I'll end on fear.
不好意思 如果我有一篇稿子
Excuse me, if I had an expose
能揭露这所大学领导层的真♥相♥
that's going to rip the lid off this university's leadership
能照清它腐♥败♥的核心
and shine a light on its rotten core,
我该把这篇稿子交给谁
who would I turn that in to?
你可以给我
You can give it to me.
我更想把它给一个
I'd feel more comfortable giving it
不太可能用它卷大♥麻♥烟抽的人
to someone who's less likely to roll it up and smoke it.
我是编辑 所以要么给我要么走人
Well, I'm the editor, so it's me or nothing.
好吧
Very well.
我把这篇百年不遇的独家内♥幕♥给你
I'm handing you the scoop of a lifetime.
好的
Okay.
就像你们这类人总说的 我觉得你会爱惨它的
As your people say, I think you'll dig it.
小乔治
Georgie.
你来这干什么
Hey, what are you doing here?
我知道后面房♥间的事了
I know about the room in the back.
你知道我是否知情吗
Do you know whether or not I know?
知道
Yes.
那就好 省了我们不少功夫
Okay, that's gonna save us a lot of time.
好什么啊
It is not okay.
你现在就给我辞职
You are quitting right now.
我为什么要这么做
Why would I do that?
因为我是你妈 你这么做是错的
Because I am your mother, and it is wrong.
我是在为你妈工作 她说没事
Well, I'm working for your mother, and she says it's okay.
我是为上面那位办事的
And I answer to a higher power,
祂也说这是错的 所以我赢了 走吧
and He says it's also wrong, so I win, let's go.
妈 拜托你别小题大做
Mom, please don't make a big deal out of this.
所以这后面有一个非法赌场
Oh, so there is an illegal gambling room in the back,
这不算大事吗
and it's no big deal?
这后面有赌场吗
There's a gambling room back there?
离这里两个街区有座教堂
And there is a church two blocks down,
你可以去那
so maybe try that.
去后面小巷进 通关密语是"干衣纸"
Just go around to the alley. The password is "dryer sheet."
这不是玩笑
This is not a joke.
我担心你的灵魂
I'm worried about your soul.
我没赌博 也没人会受害啊
I'm not gambling. No one's getting hurt.
小乔治 我知道你那么想
Georgie, I know you think that,
但这事的确对人有害
but this does hurt people.
人们想怎么花自己的钱与我无关
It's not my business what people do with their money.
也跟你无关 所以你少管
And it ain't your business, either, so butt out.
第二天
The next day,
我早早去了大学 取我出版好的文章
I got to campus early to get a copy of my article,
新鲜出炉
hot off the presses.
通常 我不喜欢手上沾到报纸上的墨
Normally, I don't like getting newspaper ink on my hands,
但这次值得
but this was worth it.
而且 我有湿巾
Plus, I had Wet-Naps.
我的揭露文章呢
Where's my exposé?
我没发表
I didn't run it.
什么 为什么
What? Why?
你把整件事都怪在大校长的头上
You're blaming this whole thing on a grand chancellor.
根本没有这号♥人
There's no such person.
当然有 他是哈格迈尔校长的老板
Of course there is. He's President Hagemeyer's boss.
她没有老板 她就是校长
She doesn't have a boss. She's the president.
不 她有 我们曾试着反抗过他
Yes, she does, and we've been trying to fight him,
但他不肯让步
but he won't budge.
大校长吗
The grand chancellor?
你用这种语气念 他听起来就像编的
Well, when you say it like that it sounds made-up.
那你怎么念
How would you say it?
大校长
The grand chancellor.
我被骗了
I've been had.
现在不行 我在打电♥话♥
Not now, I'm on the phone.
你是在跟大校长谈话吗
Oh, are you talking to the grand chancellor?
一个我知道并不存在的人 就像你的节操一样
Who I know doesn't exist, just like your integrity.
我再给你回电♥话♥
Uh, I'll-I'll call you back.
别相信她
Don't believe her!
你不能就这么闯进我的办公室
You can't just barge into my office.
你也不能当着我的面撒谎
And you can't just lie to my face.
我可以 我也这么做了
I can and I did.
我要开始叫你
Well, I'm going to start
哈格骗子校长
calling you President Hage-liar,
我觉得这个外号♥会流行的
and I think it'll to catch on
因为既真实又巧妙
because it's both true and clever.
听着 我知道你很不高兴 但你让我别无选择
Look, I know you're upset, but you left me no choice.
我就知道你会为减课的事烦得我蛋疼
I knew you'd be a pain in the ass about these cuts.
注意文明用语 还有 减课
Language, and also, these cuts
在很多方面都有不利影响
are detrimental on so many levels.
对学校来说没有
Not to the university.
听我说
Look...
我担此职位 有时就必须做出艰难决策
My job means sometimes making very hard decisions.
很抱歉我骗了你
Now, I'm sorry that I lied to you,
但我也没乐在其中 这能让你好过些吗
and-and if it helps, I didn't enjoy it.
你明明超暗爽的
Yes, you did.
好吧 是啦
Yes, I did.
大校长这么荒谬的说辞
I mean, grand chancellor?
我真是鬼话连篇 菊生...
I really pulled that one out of my...
心生妙计
...bottom.
我也是会说谎的
Well, I can lie about things, too.
我有没有把你的论文扫到地上
Did I knock your papers on the floor?
并没有
No, I didn't.
我有没有推走你的订书机
Did I move your stapler?
也没有
No, I didn't.
我有没有掰断你的铅笔
Ooh, did I break your pencil?
有哦
Yes, I did.
玛丽 问你个小问题
Hey, Mary. Quick question.
我为什么能透过报纸看见你
Why can I see you through my newsletter?
真不好意思 我得撤掉其中一则广♥告♥
Oh, sorry, I had to remove one of the ads.
另一面有什么重要内容吗
Was there anything important on the other side?
只是佩佩做葡萄沙拉的食谱
Just Peg's recipe for her grape salad.
加入了蛋黄酱和椒盐脆饼 想吐
With the mayonnaise and the pretzels. Barf.
你还好吧
Everything okay?
我觉得我这个妈当得太失败了
I feel like I'm a failure as a mother.
什么
What?
为何这么说
Why?
小乔治辍学了
Georgie dropped out of school,
现在他在赌场打工
and now he's working in a gambling room.
我拼命想让他走上正途
I tried so hard to keep him on the right path,
现在却觉得我只是把他推得越来越远
and now I feel like I'm just pushing him away.
青少年都是叛逆的
Hey, teenagers rebel.
我小时候在埃尔帕索
When I was a kid in El Paso,
经常和朋友跨过边境
we used to cross the border
去那边通宵喝酒热舞
to drink beer and dance the night away.
你父亲不是牧师吗
I thought your father was a pastor.
他是 但那并未能阻止我
He was. It didn't stop me.
很难以想象欸
It's hard to imagine.
我爸发现他宝贝儿子在墨西哥夜♥总♥会♥
I'm sure my father felt the same way
随着《周六夜狂热》名曲热舞时 肯定也这么想
when he found his little jefe doing the hustle en la discoteca.
你想象这画面 但配上70年代的烫卷发型
Just picture this, but with a big ol' '70s perm.
我就像个草头娃娃
I looked like a Chia Pet.
♪ 狂热起舞 ♪
♪ Do the hustle. ♪
我还是很难相信她居然骗我
I still can't believe she lied to me.
你得明白人生的一个道理
Look, here's something you should know about life:
是人都会说谎
People lie.
无人例外吗
Everybody?
基本是的
Pretty much.
我不喜欢这样
Well, I don't like it.
这未必是坏事
Mm. It's not always a bad thing.
撒谎什么时候会是好事
When is lying good?
比如有时你不想别人难受时
Like when you're trying to spare someone's feelings.
我宁可所有人都坦诚内心
Oh, I'd rather everybody just be honest.
好吧
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表