剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
我是来说服你重回大学的
Well, I'm here to convince you to come back to the university.
你的才华应该用在科学的进步上
A mind like yours needs to be working on the advancement of science.
我已经那么做了50年
Well, I did that for 50 years.
现在让黄瓜保持爽脆我就很满足了
Now I'm content just keeping these cucumbers crunchy.
但弦理论领域有令人振奋的新东西呢
But exciting new things are happening in string theory.
你难道不想置身其中吗
Don't you want to be a part of that?
把生命再投入到学术的无尽仓鼠轮里吗
Wasting years scrambling away at the academic hamster wheel?
总是得担心
Constantly worried
你一生研究的终点是条死路
that your life's work is just one big dead end?
的确 某些研究道路最后通向死路
Sure, some paths of research may not pan out,
但我们应该另辟蹊径啊
but we still have to try, right?
应该吗
Do we?
-当然 -我不知道耶
- Of course. - I don't know.
爱因斯坦把他最后30年的光阴用在
Einstein spent the last 30 years of his life
大统一场论上 最后一无所获
on the grand unified field theory and got nowhere.
我觉得不算一无所获啦
Well, I wouldn't say nowhere,
不过他的确是也没解开
but I suppose he never did crack it.
直到今日 也没人解开
And to this day, no one has.
的确
True.
其实 他人生大多数的成就
In fact, most of his major accomplishments occurred
都是在他年轻时达到的
when he was a young man,
而我跟你绝对不是那年纪的人了
which you and I most certainly are not.
有时候我望向镜子 会想"那是谁啊"
Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think, "Who is that?"
你想来给这些黄瓜撒个水吗
Would you like to give these cucumbers a spritz?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
你们这里卖♥♥酒吗
Do you sell liquor here?
你要找我吗
You wanted to see me?
其实我昨天就想找你
Actually, I wanted to see you yesterday,
但你昨天不在学校
but you weren't in school.
被你发现啦
You noticed that, huh?
我最近常常都发现到了
I've noticed it a lot lately.
跟我实话实说吧
Level with me, son.
是酒瘾还是毒瘾
Is it drinking? Drugs?
其实是去打工了
Actually, it's work.
我好像没有这事的小手册
Oh. I don't think I have a pamphlet for that.
青少年怀孕
你确定你没给女生惹上麻烦吗
You sure you didn't get a girl in trouble?
你总有一天会 先拿着吧
You will at some point, just take it.
我老板最近同意让我多上一点班
My boss has been letting me pick up some extra hours.
你也不能就这么不上学啊
You just can't ditch school.
我之后又不去上大学
It's not like I'm going to college.
高中文凭也很重要啊
Son, a diploma's important.
重要在哪
Why?
我去打工好歹能有实际工作经验
At least at work I'm getting actual experience
还能赚到钱
and making money.
你难不成是想要辍学吗
Well, you saying you're gonna drop out?
看来是吧
I guess I am.
你♥爸♥爸知道这件事吗
Does your father know about this?
不知道
No.
你不觉得应该先告诉他吗
Don't you think you should tell him?
我不是很想说
I don't really want to.
你不去跟他说 那我就要去说了
Well, if you don't tell him, I'm going to.
那真是帮我省了事
That'd be great.
你真是太好了
You're the best.
万一呢
You never know.
你打扮地好漂亮啊
You look nice.
惨了 我们不会是要去教堂吧
Oh, no, are we going to church?
不是 我跟你♥爸♥爸今晚要去约会
No, your father and I have a date night.
为什么 你们生三个了还不够吗
Why? Don't you have enough kids?
约会不是那个意思
That is not what date night means.
小乔治在家吗
Georgie here?
他在房♥间里
He's in his room.
怎么了
What's going on?
-乔治 -大戏又要上演了
- George? - Oh, good, more drama.
你是有什么毛病啊
What the hell is wrong with you?
到底怎么了嘛
What is going on?
他想要辍学
He's dropping out of school.
什么 你想都别想
What?! Oh, no, you're not.
这又不是什么大事
It's not a big deal.
你听好 这事可大了
You better believe it's a big deal.
你绝对得读完高中 谈都没得谈
You are finishing high school, end of discussion.
我的人生我做主
It's my life.
我的房♥子我做主
It's my house.
如果你不去上学 你就不准住这里
If you're don't go to school, you can't live here.
等等 我们也不能赶他出去啊
Hold on, we are not kicking him out.
不赶个大头鬼
The hell we're not!
我现在就收拾东西
I'll pack right now.
别收了 你不用搬走啊
Stop, you don't have to go.
当然得走 我的房♥子我说了算
Yes, he does. My house, my rules.
这也是我的房♥子啊
It is my house, too.
-是吗 -那当然
- Oh, really? - Yes, really.
戴尔在这里吗
Is Dale here?
在啊 怎么了
Yeah, what's up?
我想跟他好好"聊两句"
I would like to have a word with him.
好过跟我聊 你随意
Better him than me. Have at it.
戴尔 玛丽火气十足
Dale, Mary coming in hot!
你煽动小乔治辍学了吗
Did you tell Georgie to drop out of school?
什么 没有啊
What? No.
他要辍学的事绝对跟你有关
Well, he did, and you had something to do with it.
没有吧 他来跟我抱怨学校
Well, no, he was just complaining about school
我说我当年辍学了而已
and I told him I dropped out.
戴尔
Dale,
你知道他很崇拜你
you know that he looks up to you.
他的确是很崇拜我啊
He does, doesn't he?
所以你得告诉他
Which is why you need to tell him
他这是在犯大错误
that he is making a big mistake.
我做不到
Oh, I don't think I can do that.
为什么做不到
Why not?
我没觉得他犯了什么错啊
Well, I don't believe he is.
你凭什么这么觉得
How could you say that?
我当年也辍学 现在还不是好好的
I did it, worked out fine.
能麻烦你帮忙我说两句吗
Will you back me up here, please?
我同意他说的话
I agree with him.
你同意吗
You do?
你同意啊
You do?
对啊
Yeah.
对啊
Yeah.
那孩子很有销♥售♥的天赋
The kid's a natural salesman.
学校又加强不了他这点
I mean, school's not gonna help with that.
所以你不介意你外孙抛弃前途
So, you are fine with your grandson throwing his life away
好一辈子卖♥♥鱼竿跟棒球棍吗
so that he can sell fishing rods and baseball bats?
不好意思 那些鱼竿
Excuse me, those fishing rods provided
可是给我跟家人带来了很不错的生活
a nice life for me and my family.
你哪有什么家人
What family?
你离了婚 孩子跟你断绝往来
You're divorced, and your kids don't talk to you.
帮我说两句
Help me out here.
有高中毕业证也不会让他混得更好
A diploma would not have made his life better.
谢谢 如她所说
Thank you. What she said.
她真的站他那边吗
She really took his side?
我不想谈这个
I don't want to talk about that.
我还以为你俩今晚要约会
I thought you two had date night.
我也不想谈这个
I don't want to talk about that, either.
小乔治为什么不和我们吃饭
Why isn't Georgie eating with us?
不聊这个 聊任何别的都行
Let's talk about anything else.
那现在应该是讲物理笑话的好时候
Ooh. Perhaps this is a good time for a physics joke.
并不
It isn't.
这正是物理酷的地方 时间是相对的
That's the cool thing about physics, time is relative.
好了 我要讲了
Okay, here we go.
为什么海盗会怕他的鞋宽小于"H"码
Why was the pirate worried that his shoes were less than "H"?
粒子位置和动量的不确定性乘积不能小于普朗克常数H
因为海盗得走木板桥[普朗克常数]
Because he had to walk the Planck.
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表