I thought you were gonna get rid of him. Or did you go crazy there for a second?
我以为你要解雇他呢 还是你刚才失智了一小会?
I don't know,i just... I just couldn't.
我不知道 我只是...我就是做不到
Yeah,i think it's his eyes.
是啊 我想是因为他的眼睛
It's like they're looking right into my soul.
就像他们看穿了你的灵魂一样
That's what mom said.
妈妈也这么说
Women used to say that about my eyes.
女人们曾经说我的眼睛是这样
Really?'Cause now they're kind of milky and bloodshot.
真的 现在有些浑浊而且充血
Actually,the one on the right is starting to look a little lazy.
实际上右边那只看起来有点懒散了
You know,you're right.
知道吗? 你说得对
Okay,okay,that's enough.
好了好了 够了!
Come on,charlie,you can't expect to compete with a guy half your age.
拜托 查理 你不能指望自己 和一个是你一半岁数的小伙子竞争啊
I am not competing.
我才没有和他竞争
Well,you shouldn't,because it's perfectly natural.
你也不该去竞争 因为这是很正常的
Each generation passes the torch on to the next.
每一代人都把火炬传给下一代
The child becomes the hunter,the hunter becomes the revered elder.
孩子成长为猎人 而猎人成为受人尊敬的老人
When you're too old to chase the buffalo,
当你老得追不动野牛了
it's time to stay back with the old women and make necklaces.
你就应该呆在家里 与老女人一起做项链
Necklaces?
项链?
Or weave blankets,tend the fire, teach the kids to whittle...
或者织毯子 照顾火种 教孩子们如何切肉...
Buffaloes are cool,too. They're like bad-ass cows.
野牛也很酷 它们就像脾气很坏的奶牛
Charlie... Yeah,hi.
查理... 嗨
I was just in the neighborhood, and i thought i'd drop off your soup thermos.
我在附近 正好把盛汤的水瓶还给你
Thanks.What did you do to yourself?
谢谢 你对自己都做了什么啊?
Me?Nothing,nothing.
我? 没什么 没什么
I was just doing a little work outdoors, got some sun.
我只是做了点户外工作 晒了些太阳
What's up with your teeth?
你的牙怎么了?
Oh,i just brushed 'em real good.
我只是刷得特别干净而已
So,can i come in? Oh,gee,charlie,i really...
那么 我能进来吗? 哦 查理 我真...
Wish you would've called.
真希望你先打个电♥话♥来...
Ser harper...
哈珀先生...
I was,how do you say...
我在...怎么说呢...
About to sleep with my girlfriend?
正要和我的女朋友上♥床♥?
Okay,about to.
没错 是"正要"
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
I would understand if you fired me.
如果你要解雇我 我能理解
Hey,it's no big deal,pal.
嘿 没什么 伙计
This is the natural course of events.
这是自然规律嘛
You're the next generation young, vibrant,good-looking,
你是下一代 年轻 活力 帅气
you can buy chloe expensive jewelry...
你能给Chloe买♥♥昂贵的珠宝...
I cannot buy her expensive jewelry.
我不能给她买♥♥买♥♥昂贵的珠宝...
Oh,right,that's me.
哦 对了 那是我
What do you say,chloe-- want to go shopping?
Chloe 你意下如何? 去购物吗?
I'll go get my purse.
我去拿包
And yeah,you're fired.
而且...没错 你被解雇了
Charlie,when are you coming back to bed?
查理 你什么时候回床上来?
Soon. How soon?
很快 多快?
I'll be right up,baby.
我马上来 宝贝儿
Okay...Let me see if i got this right.
好了...我来总结一下
You bought diamonds for the girl you were trying to get rid of
你给本来想要甩掉的妞儿买♥♥了钻石
in order to win her from the handyman you fired.
是为了将她从一个你 解雇掉的零杂工手里赢回来?
I'm sensing some judgement here.
我感觉到你想批评我
You're very astute.
你还挺机敏的嘛
Okay,first of all,i got fernando another job.
好吧 首先 我为Fernando找了另一份工作
But the most important thing to remember is,i won.
但是要记住的最重要的事情是... 我赢了!
You're a lecherous old guy who bought a young woman's
你是个好色的老头子 靠年轻女性
affection with shiny baubles.
对于闪亮物件的喜好收买♥♥了他们!
True.But i won.
没错 但是我赢了!
Are you sure we cannot open up a window?
你确定不能把窗户打开吗?
No,i like it hot.
不 我喜欢热一点
Okay,well,time for the victor to reap the spoils.
好了 是胜利者享用战利品的时候了
Oh,charlie,aren't you ashamed?
哦 查理 你难道不脸红吗?
Alan,you know the difference between you and me?
艾伦 你知道我们两个有什么不同吗?
Yeah, I wouldn't fire the handy man before he finishes it.
我知道 不同之处就是我不会在 阳台♥完♥工前就解雇零杂工!
Hey, I can see your teeth from up here.
嘿 从这里都能看到你的牙!
剧集 | 好汉两个半(2003) | 导航列表