Here I would prosper, my ideas would live!
改变世界需要时间 你必须要耐心
Changing the world takes time. You have to be patient.
我试了 但你看到外面那些人
I try. But you saw them outside.
他们 他们眼里我像是个危险而疯狂的人
They... they talk as if I was dangerous or mad, or...
那就证明他们是错的
So prove them wrong!
先生 这封信刚刚送来 来自摩根先生
Sir, this was just delivered - it's from Mr. Morgan.
太好了
Excellent.
摩根先生是沃登克里弗项目的投资者
Mr Morgan is the investor behind my Wardenclyffe project.
有他相助 我们
With his help, we...
-他要撤资 -什么
- He's pulling the funding. - What?
我 没有资金我无法完成沃登克里弗项目
I, er... can't complete Wardenclyffe without it.
我永远不能证明我的发明是有用的
I'm never going to be able to prove it works.
那是谁
Who's that?
那是哈罗德·格林 爱迪生的人
That was Harold Green - one of Edison's men.
你说托马斯·爱迪生 灯泡的发明者吗
As in Thomas Edison? Light-bulb guy?
行了
All right.
我们都知道爱迪生 你没听说过的是特斯拉
We all know Edison. It's Tesla you've never heard of.
-他就站在那里呢 -对啊 抱歉
- He's literally standing right there. - Yeah - sorry, son.
爱迪生 爱迪生 果然是爱迪生
Edison, Edison. Of course it's Edison.
他在我事业的每一步都插了一脚
He's plagued me every step of my career!
爱迪生抢先一步弄出了一种
Edison champions a rival form of electric current
与特斯拉先生的交流电相对的电流
to Mr Tesla's AC.
直流电 当然了 他能抢先弄出
Direct current - of course, he would champion
那种又慢效率又低的东西
something so slow and inefficient.
那个人是个骗子和小偷
That man is a liar and a thief.
你们是说托马斯·爱迪生要夺走塔萨露珠吗
Are we saying Thomas Edison is after the Orb of Thassor?
别傻了 爱迪生的人如何能拿到
Don't be daft - how's Edison's men going to get their hands on
一把"支留"爆破枪
a Slymurian laser blaster?
是志留 我们去找出缘由
Silurian. Let's go and find out.
你们三个呆在这里守护露珠
You three stay here and guard the Orb.
你们俩跟我来
You two - with me.
是时候去拜访托马斯·爱迪生先生了
Time we paid a visit to Mr Thomas Edison.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
爱迪生电灯公♥司♥
交流电是科学中已知最致命的力量
AC is the most deadly force known to science.
为了公众安全
For the public's safety,
尼亚加拉发电机应该被关停
the Niagara Generator should be shut down.
那让我猜猜
And let me guess.
取而代之的就是一台爱迪生发电机了
An Edison Generator built in its place.
你说的一点不错
Couldn't have put it better myself.
托马斯·爱迪生 我们需要谈谈
Thomas Edison, we need to talk.
-如我刚才所说 -我们就在这里谈
- As I was saying... - We could talk here,
但我觉得你想去更私密的地方
but I think you'd prefer to go somewhere more private.
你想预约时间的话
You want to make an appointment,
去找我的秘书
speak to my secretary.
外星武器
Alien weapons.
你是怎么把它们弄到手的
How are you getting your hands on them?
外星武器
Alien weapons!
你找错发明家了 女士
You have the wrong inventor, ma'am.
尼古拉·特斯拉才是大谈去火星的人
It's Nikola Tesla's been talking to Mars.
我可是脚踏实地
I keep my feet on the ground.
那 你认不得这个吗
So... you don't recognise this?
我们进去谈
Let's take this inside.
他搞的阵仗不小啊
This is some set-up he's got.
这个人我肯定听说过
See, this guy I've definitely heard of -
他一定是美国最有名的发明家
he's got to be America's most famous inventor.
没错 但他绝不是个害羞的人啊
Yeah. But not exactly a shrinking violet, is he?
你看看 整个厂房♥里到处都是他的名字
I mean, he's plastered his name all over the shop!
爱迪生带来光明
四处显摆自己的成就
Talk about tooting your own horn!
我一辈子都从未见过这种东西
I have never seen anything like this in my life.
这是你的设计吗
Is it your design?
专利在谁手上
Who has the patent?
这可不是商机
This isn't a business opportunity -
有人试图用它射杀我们
someone tried to shoot us with it
就在我们发现你的一位雇员
just before we caught an employee of yours
偷♥窥♥尼古拉·特斯拉的时候
spying on Nikola Tesla.
有人试图从他那里偷取什么
Someone's trying to steal from him,
而他好像挺确定那人就是你
and he seems pretty sure it's you.
是嘛
Does he, now?
女士
Ma'am,
我会时时盯着我的对手 但我不会去偷
I may keep an eye on my rivals, but I do not steal.
我没必要这么做
I have no need to.
我名下有上千份专利
There are a thousand patents in the Edison name.
你可能已经在楼里看到了
You might have seen it on the building.
特斯拉可不是这么看的
That's not how Tesla sees it.
他对过去耿耿于怀
He's sore about the past.
在他初来这个国家的时候
You know, I gave him a job
我在厂房♥里
when he first arrived in this country
给了他一份工作
on the factory floor.
结果他落到每天靠挖土挣两块钱
He ended up digging ditches for two bucks a day.
特斯拉吗
Tesla?!
那个穿的可以直接去歌♥剧院的人吗
Dapper dude who dresses for the opera?
他怎么会落到去挖土呢
How did he end up digging a ditch?
他听说我会给
He heard me say I'd pay 50,000
把我的发电机修好的人五万块钱
to the man who could fix my generator.
他日以继夜地花了一年时间
He worked on that thing day and night for a year.
而他做到了
And he did it.
而你 作为一位名声颇好的商人
And you, being the upstanding businessman,
我猜你付了全部款项吧
paid every last cent, I presume.
我给他涨了十块钱工资
I offered him a ten-buck raise.
他退出并且自力更生去了
He quit and chose to dig.
真是个不懂美式幽默的家伙
Man just didn't understand the American sense of humour.
我以为你会有更多的东西
I thought you'd have more stuff.
比如你的发明草稿 设计蓝图
Sketches, blueprints, you know. For all your inventions.
都在这儿了
All in here.
在所有设计之前
Before anything else, I...
我在想象中创造
I build things here.
跟我说说沃登克里弗计划吧
Tell me about this Wardenclyffe project.
想象一下
Imagine if, er...
不管你在何处 你都能收听音乐
Wherever you were, you were able to hear music
收听一位伟人的演讲
or, er, the speech of a great leader, or, er...
为遥远的区域绘制地图
Conjure a map of what lay beyond.
这就是我设立沃登克里弗的目的
That's what I propose with Wardenclyffe -
人类自♥由♥地共享知识
all of human knowledge shared freely.
听起来真像未来
Now, that sounds like the future.
是啊
Yeah. Yeah...
这将改变世界
It will change the world.
为什么其他人意识不到呢
Why can't anyone else see that?
肯定会有人资助你的项目的
There must be someone who'll invest in it.
如果有的话 我也找不到他们
Well, if there is, I can't find them,
没有钱 我就没有能量来源
and, er, without the money, I have no power source,
而没有能源
and without power...
先生 如果我可以
Sir, if you'll just permit me...
别动 接地线圈必须分离
No! No, the grounding coil goes in separately.
-我说了别碰 -对不起
- I said don't touch! - Sorry.
是吗 一边呆着
Really? Go over there!
我感觉事情不对劲
Something's wrong.
我才该说这句话
Oh, I should say.
我们已经兜圈子太久了
We've done this dance for long enough.
你们到底对我的人做了什么
Now, what have you done with my man, huh?
别装傻 特斯拉在尼亚加拉作秀的那天
Oh, don't play dumb. He was keeping tabs
他还在监视着
on that dog-and-pony show of Tesla's at Niagara.
现在他却悄无声息了 就在你出现的那天
Now he's gone quiet - the very day you show up
指手画脚的
pointing the finger.
相信我 爱迪生先生
Trust me, Mr Edison -
我们不是你该担心的人
we're not the people you should be worried about.
他才是
He is.
快到我后面
Behind me!
哈罗德 他怎么了
Harold? What's the matter with him?
这不是哈罗德·格林
That's not Harold Green.
没有人类读数 这是什么 不是鬼上身
剧集 | 神秘博士 | 导航列表