See, I started this evening
在追踪一个异常能量数据
chasing an unusual energy reading.
我跟着那个信♥号♥♥ 很明确地
I followed that signal, loud and clear,
到了尼亚加拉发电厂
to the Niagara Generator.
那为什么我现在还能
So why am I still detecting it
在这辆火车上 在你身上探测到它
on board this train with you?
不管是什么东西 交过来
Whatever it is, hand it over.
这是我这辈子在这世界上见过的
This is one of the most miraculous things
最不可思议的事物之一
I've seen in my life.
这是一个我想要解开的谜团
It's a mystery I intend to solve.
以及我并不打算将它交给一群陌生人
And I have no intention of handing it to total strangers.
这些陌生人刚救了你的命
Strangers who just saved your life.
不论你发现了什么 那东西让你身处险境
Whatever you found is putting you in danger.
对 你们二人皆是 你能接受这点吗
Yeah. Both of you. You all right with that?
我赞同特斯拉先生
I agree with Mr Tesla.
如果有人能搞明白它 那定是他
If anyone can make sense of this, it's him.
好吧 如果你不把它交出来
Well, then, if you won't hand it over,
那我们别无选择
you leave us no choice.
我们不会让你们离开我们的视线
We're not letting you out of our sights
直到我们搞明白是怎么回事
until we've worked this out.
好了 那个实验室在哪呀
So, where's this lab, then?
真开心啊
Now, this is a bit of all right.
纽约的镀金时代
Gilded Age New York!
现代世界从此开始
This is when the modern world begins!
新点子 新科技 新摩天大厦
New ideas, new technologies, new skyscrapers.
有更多的人快速致富
More people getting rich quick,
也有更多的人陷入贫穷
and more poor people than ever before.
我一直想来纽约 看看时代广场
I always wanted to visit New York, see Times Square.
那你来得有点早
Yeah, bit early for that.
-帝国大厦 -还没有
- Empire State Building? - Not yet.
-中心公园 -有的
- Central Park? - Yeah!
那个公园有很久了
Now, that has been around for ages.
你能听见有人在喊吗
Can you hear yelling?
拒绝死亡电流 拒绝交流电
No to the death current, no AC!
拒绝死亡电流 拒绝交流电
No to the death current, no AC!
拒绝死亡电流 拒绝交流电
No to the death current, no AC!
他们是谁
Who are they?
抗♥议♥者们
Protesters.
他们在抗♥议♥什么
What are they protesting about?
-我 -他在那里
- Me. - There he is!
你知道你在做什么吗
Do you have any idea what you're doing?
-你无♥耻♥ -他很危险
- Shame on you! - He's dangerous!
-回你的火星 -还要死多少人
- Go back to Mars! - How many more people have to die
你才能承认你的那些机器不安全
before you admit your machines aren't safe?
我的发明没有伤害过任何人
My inventions never hurt anyone!
是真的吗 你上个发明引发了一场地震
Isn't it true your last invention caused an earthquake?
那只是微震
Those were only mild tremors.
你为什么要在长岛制♥造♥武器
Why are you building weapons on Long Island?
特斯拉先生没有制♥造♥任何武器
Mr Tesla isn't building any kind of weapon
也不会回答任何问题
or going to answer any questions!
-让让 -外国疯子 你不属于美国
- Excuse me! - Foreign lunatic! You don't belong in America.
没错
Yeah!
我是美国公民
I'm an American citizen!
而你们正在非法入侵我的实验室
And you are trespassing in front of my lab.
我 疯子
Me? A lunatic?
天才甩他们脸上 他们都认不出来
They wouldn't recognise genius if it hit them in the face.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
当然好
Absolutely, yeah.
他们的想法不会影响到我
Their opinions do not affect me.
他一会儿就好
He'll just be a moment.
你们继续进去看看吧
Why don't you go on through?
特斯拉的实验室
Tesla's lab.
一定会非常独特
This is going to be something special!
说实话
I won't lie.
我原本期待更多
I was expecting more.
我们逛逛看
Well, let's have a look about.
特斯拉 他是跟那些特斯拉车有关吗
So, Tesla - is he something to do with the cars, then?
那确实是因他命名的
Yeah, well, they're named after him.
他是个很有名的发明家 对不对 博士
He's a famous inventor, ain't he, Doc?
是吗
Yeah?
那他都发明了什么
And what did he invent?
那个 他发明了...
Well, he invented the, erm...
那个啥啥 博士跟他们讲下
The whatchamacallit. Tell 'em, Doc.
尼古拉·特斯拉在二十世纪前就设计出了它
Nikola Tesla dreams up the 20th century before it happens.
在出现X光前 特斯拉有阴影照相
Before you have X-rays, Tesla has shadowgraphs.
在你们有无人机前 特斯拉有自动机
Before you have drones, Tesla has automatons.
在马可尼拿到无线电专利之前
Before Marconi gets the patent for radio,
他们得先从特斯拉那里拿走它
they have to take it from Tesla
因为是他先发明的
because he invents it first!
他对交流电的研究
His work on alternating currents
助全世界都通上了电
helps electrify the world.
此时此刻的他 该是亿万富翁
He should have been the first billionaire by now,
要是他没有撕毁他的合同
if he hadn't have torn up his contract.
他不擅长经商
Business isn't his strong point.
博士
Doctor.
我想你想看看这个
I believe you wanted to see this.
这就是你在发电厂里找到的吗
Is this what you found in the generator?
发出了那奇怪的能量 但为什么
Giving off all that energy - but why?
你看到它是如何自己移♥动♥了吗
You see how it moves independently?
我想 按照我的话说 这就是"遥控"
I believe this is something I like to call "Remote control".
遥控 这个是你想到的
Remote control? You came up with that?
我想这应该是类似原理操控的
I believe this is operating on a similar principle.
如果我们能找出它的目的
If we could just work out its purpose...
我知道这是什么
I know what it is.
这是塔萨露珠
It's an Orb of Thassor.
但我不知道为什么它在这里
But I've no idea what it's doing here.
塔萨是古老种族之一
The Thassor were one of the ancient races.
非常棒的讲故事者 发明家 探险家
Amazing storytellers. Inventors, explorers.
他们制♥造♥了这些露珠
They built these orbs
作为一种可以在星空间传送信息的途径
as a way to spread information, to send out among the stars
以分享他们的遗产 哪怕他们早已不在
as a way to share their legacy long after they were gone.
为什么有人想要杀了我们拿到这个
Why would someone try to kill us to get their hands on that?
我不知道
I've no idea.
也许我能找出原因
But maybe I can find out.
我觉得它被人篡改了功能
I think it's been repurposed.
但我不知道它现在做什么用
But I can't work out what it's doing instead.
这全都不对 像这样精心设计的东西
This is all wrong! Something this elegant
不应该发出如此噪声
shouldn't be giving off this kind of noise.
它的能量读数爆表了
Its energy readings are off the charts!
这设备可以探测能量 这是你自己的设计吗
That instrument detects energy? Is-is this your own design?
我做的 主要用的勺子
I made it! Mainly out of spoons.
你是位发明家
You're an inventor!
我的确做出了点成果
I have my moments.
我就知道
I knew it!
那么 你明白这是什么感觉
So... So you can understand how it feels -
当你有一个想法 想让它成真
you know, when you have an idea and...and to make it real.
我觉得没有比这更刺♥激♥的了
I don't think there's any greater thrill!
的确如此
I couldn't agree more.
你刚才提到外星人
You... you spoke of aliens.
你知道大家都对此嗤之以鼻
People, you know, laugh at the very idea!
-但你不是 -显然我不像其他人
- But not you. - Well, apparently, i'm not like other people.
感受到没有人能和你
It can be difficult, you know,
用同样的思维理解世界 真是太难受了
to feel no-one else sees the world the way you do.
就像是你与这个世界
It's like you're, er...
格格不入
Out of place.
没错
Yeah.
我以为 我以为总会有改变
I... I thought... I thought things would be different.
当我初来美国
You know, when I first arrived in America,
我手里只有四分钱 在路上遭遇了抢劫
I had four cents to my name - I was robbed on the journey -
但我依然想着 这是个开始
but still I thought, "This is the beginning!"
我会在这里功成名就 我的想法不会被扼杀
剧集 | 神秘博士 | 导航列表