- Your head CT was clean. No signs of a bleed.
很可能只是偏头痛...
It was likely just a migraine...
在创伤后并不少见。
Not uncommon following a trauma.
护士很快就会为你办理出院手续。
The nurse will be in shortly with your discharge paperwork.
- 我不是假装生病的那种人,
- I'm not one of those people who pretends to be sick to,
那种为了满足自我或者骗钱的,
like, feed their ego or scam people out of money,
我发誓。
I swear.
- 我相信你。
- I believe you.
别人和我在一起时我通常能分辨出哪些人是正直的,
I can usually tell when someone's shooting straight
我觉得你就是言行正直的人。
with me, and I think you are.
- 谢谢。
- 但我得说...
- Thanks.
- But I will say...
你担心如果你不是在病痛时发声,
your fear that your message will lose its impact
传递出的信息就不具有影响力?
if it's not delivered from the trenches?
我不知道是不是真的这样。
I don't know if that's true.
要说真有什么的话,你给予了人们希望。
If anything, you give people hope.
- 我也曾考虑过,但如果我实话实说的话,
- I've considered that, but if I'm being completely honest,
这不仅仅是是关于发声。
it's not just about the messaging.
在我被确诊狼疮之前,
Before I was diagnosed with Lupus,
我是一个非常孤独的人,但...
I was pretty much a loner, but...
这个病,给我带来了有生以来第一次的
this disease, it gave me a community for the first time
社交群落,所以...
in my life, and...
如果他们知道我已经缓解...
if they know that I'm in remission...
- 你会觉得自己像个局外人。我理解你。
- You'll feel like an outsider.
Yeah, I get it.
但,你知道吗...
But, you know...
走一条不属于自己的路?
walking a path that isn't yours?
这也要付出不菲的代价。
There's a steep price to that too.
- 我明白。
- I know.
我讨厌对这些人说谎。
I hate lying to all these people.
- 是的,只是...
- Yeah, just...
- 斯科特医生?只是来告诉你一声,
- Dr. Scott?
Just wanted to let you know
你的病人已经出院了。
your patient's out of surgery.
- 谢谢你。
- Thank you.
- 去吧,没事,我很好。
- No, go ahead, I'm fine.
- 你确定?
- You sure?
- 是的。
- Yeah.
斯科特医生,谢谢你为我做的一切。
Thank you, Dr. Scott, for everything.
- 你知道该怎么做。
- You got it.
保重,坎迪斯。
Take care, Candace.
- 嘿,南茜!
- Hey, Nancy!
麦克尔怎么样了?
How'd Michael do?
护士没告诉我。
The nurse didn't say.
抱歉。
Sorry.
- 麻烦稍等一下。
- Just a moment, please.
- 伊莱恩,一切还好吗?
- Is everything all right, Elaine?
- 我想跟哈默医生说几句话。
- I just want to speak to Dr. Hammer.
- 哈默医生。
- Dr. Hammer.
过来一下。
Over here.
- 哈默医生,我很抱歉。
- I'm sorry, Dr. Hammer.
我并不是在为他找借口。我没有。
I'm not making excuses for him. I have none.
但我只是...想告诉你他从来没有这样过。
But I just... want you to know he has never been like this.
我...
I...
我不知道我所嫁的这个男人发生了什么。
I don't know what happened to the man I married.
我可以走了。
I'm ready.
- 我会联♥系♥你的,伊莱恩。
- I'll be in touch, Elaine.
哈默医生?
Dr. Hammer?
- 他们刚来的时候,伊莱恩说他最近一直
- When they first got here, Elaine said that he'd been
不太舒服。
- 吉姆?
out of sorts.
- Jim?
- 而且他失去了嗅觉。
- And that he'd lost his sense of smell.
当我推开他的时候,他似乎
And when I pushed him away,
he couldn't seem
无法找到平衡。
to find his balance.
我的天啊,我们不能让他们走。
My God. We can't let them leave.
- 什么?为什么?怎么了?
- What? Why? What is it?
- 我们必须马上把他们带回来。
- We have to get them back here right now, please.
- 好的。
- Okay.
- 嘿,麦克尔。
- 我记得你。
- Hey, Michael.
- I remember you.
手术非常顺利。
Surgery went very well.
- 嘿,麦克尔,我们要送你去儿科重症监护病房♥。
- Hey, Michael, we're gonna move you over to the PICU.
你的父母正在等着见你。
Your mom and dad are waiting to see you.
- 我有麻烦了吗?
- Am I in trouble?
- 我想他们只是很高兴你没事。
- I think they're just happy that you're okay.
- 但是,嘿,你今天或许学到了一些有关枪的事情?
- But, hey, maybe you learned something about guns today?
- 枪不是玩具。
- 没错。
- Not toys.
- Right.
我想说,你见过哪个超级英雄带枪的吗?
I mean, besides, what superhero do you know that has a gun?
我们不需要这些。
We don't need 'em.
- 如果你不在现场的话...
- You know, if you hadn't been there on the scene...
这孩子肯定会失血过多。
kid would have bled out, no question.
斯科特医生,是你救了他。
You saved his life, Dr. Scott.
- 我马上回来,好吗?
- Back shortly, okay?
- 她仍然想推迟手术。
- She still wants to wait on the surgery.
- 如果差点淹死在自己的血里都不能说服她...
- If nearly drowning in her own blood didn't convince her...
- 怎么会有人任由它走到这一步?
- How does someone let it get to this point?
- 我们的头脑有一种
- You know, the mind can have
神秘而深刻的能力
this mysterious and profound ability
可以说服我们推迟几乎任何事情。
to convince us to put off almost anything.
- 是啊。
- Yeah.
- 为什么呢?
- Why is that?
- 有一种说法是,我们有一种奇怪的思想倾向,
- One line of thinking is that we have this bizarre tendency
将我们和未来的我们分离。
to disassociate from our future selves.
在普林斯顿大学有个非常有趣实验
There's this really interesting experiment at Princeton
有两组学生
where two groups of students
被招募来喝一些称为
were recruited to drink what was described to them as
恶心、发臭的液体
this disgusting, foul-smelling liquid.
让他们选择
Now they were given a choice
他们能喝多少
about how much they could drink.
那组被告知必须当天饮用的学生
And the group that was told they had to drink it that day
只愿意喝一小点。
agreed to drink very little.
但那组被告知几个月后
But the group that was told to come back
再回来饮用的学生
in a couple of months and drink it
愿意喝下更多。
- 是这样。
agreed to drink much more.
- Right.
这样他们就可以缓一缓了。
So they can kick the can down the road.
- 对。
- 对。
- Right.
- Right.
好吧,那我们怎么解决这个问题?
Okay, so how do we solve the disconnect?
- 你得想办法让未来的她对她更...
- You gotta find a way to make her future self feel...
更具象化。
more tangible to her.
更真实。
More real.
- 在这里。
- There it is.
有嗅沟脑膜瘤。(可能影响额叶功能,造成精神问题)
An olfactory groove meningioma.
在我早年还是护士的时候,
I had a patient early on in my nursing days
有过一个这样的病人。
with this type of tumor.
它造成了整个性格的改变。
Caused a total personality change.
- 它对大脑有明显的
- It has a profound disinhibition effect
去抑制♥作♥用。
on the brain.
而且它靠近嗅觉神经,所以...
And its proximity to the olfactory nerve, that...
- 解释了吉姆为什么失去嗅觉。
- Explains Jim's loss of smell.
- 我去叫神经外科来会诊。
- I'll page neurosurgery for a consult.
- 你想去告诉他们详情吗?
- Do you want to deliver the news?
- 我想也许由朋友来说会更好。
- I think maybe it's better coming from a friend.
明白了。
Copy that.
- 吉娜。
- Gina.
我们想给你看一些东西。
We wanna show you something.
- 这是我吗?为什么...
- Is that me? What...
你是从哪弄到这张照片的?
Where did you get that picture?
- 你的朋友莉莎发给我们的。
- Your friend Liza sent it to us.
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表