But truthfully, Krista, if
you don't address this stuff,
当你下次跌入谷底时,
next time you hit a low,
结果可能不会像今天这样。
it might not turn out
the way it did today.
- 还有那些你为之奉献生命的孩子...
- And all those kids that
you've dedicated your life to...
他们会没有你在他们身边为之奋战。
They won't have you around
to fight for them.
- 不,但我不能让他们失望!
- No, but I cannot
let them down!
这真的很难。
And it gets really hard.
坚持下去真的真的很难。
It's really, really hard
to just keep going.
听着,这不是第一次了,好吗?
Look, this wasn't
the first time, okay?
这不是第一次了。
It's not the first time.
- 我也是这么猜想的,
- I thought that that
might be the case,
这就是为什么我想
which is why what
I would really like to do
让你到心理科住院检查,
is get you checked into
our in-patient psych clinic,
几天就好。
just for a few days.
帮你找到方向
Help you get your bearings,
探讨一些策略
start to talk
about some strategies
来帮助你解决这些问题。
to help you out
with this stuff going forward.
你觉得怎么样?几天就好。
What do you say?
Just a few days.
有时我们都需要休息一下。
We all need a break sometimes.
你知道吗?你只是...
You know?
You just...
你不能给予你所没有的。
You can't give
what you don't have.
好吧。
Okay.
- 所以你吃了药来提高血糖
- So you took the pills
to hike your blood sugar
因为你知道糖尿病是一个排除条件。
because you knew diabetes
was an exclusionary factor.
- 你不想参加药物试验。
- You don't want
to join the trial.
- 布兰登,你到底在想什么?
- Brandon, what were
you thinking?
你可能会严重伤害到自己。
You could have
seriously hurt yourself.
- 我很抱歉,妈妈。只是...
- I'm sorry, Mom.
It's just that...
我知道你在这件事上是不会让步的。
I knew you weren't
going to budge on this.
我这一生都在被
I've spent my whole life
步步监控,小心翼翼地活着。
being careful, being monitored.
我错过了太多太多。
I have missed out on so much.
如果我开始参加药物试验,
And if I start another trial,
我就不能在伦敦上大学了。
I'm not gonna be able
to go to college in London.
- 布兰登,我觉得你妈妈只是
- Brandon, I think that
your mom is just concerned
担心你会再次陷入病危。
that you'll have another crisis.
- 我...我理解。
- I... I get that.
但我比任何人都清楚我的身体状况,
But I know my body
better than anybody,
我知道我能自己掌控。
and I know I can handle it
on my own.
- 我知道你现在可能不理解,
- I know you may not
understand this now,
但我所做的都是对你最好的。
but I am only doing
what is best for you.
对不起,亲爱的。
I'm sorry, honey.
伦敦暂时是去不成了。你得参加药物试验。
London's gonna have to wait.
You are doing the trial.
- 我们去准备你们的出院文件。
- We'll go get your
discharge paperwork ready.
- 谢谢。
- Thank you.
- 我同情那孩子。
- I feel for that kid.
这真的应该由他来决定。
This really should be
his decision.
- 像这样耍滑头并不能
- Pulling a stunt like that
doesn't instill
让人信任他能照顾好自己。
a ton of confidence in his
ability to look after himself.
- 这是另一个问题。你听到他说的话了。
- It's a separate issue.
You heard him.
他感到绝望。
He felt desperate.
- 但是这个临床实验装置
- But this clinical trial device
可能会改变布兰登的人生。
could be life-changing
for Brandon.
它会管理好他的剂量,
It'll administer his doses
这样他就不用监控自己了。
so that he doesn't
have to monitor himself.
长远看来,玛丽给了他更多的自♥由♥。
Marie's giving him
more freedom in the long run.
- 我认为她是想把他留在家里。
- I think she's trying
to keep him at home.
- 行吧,好吧,同不同意,
- Yeah, well, agree or disagree,
都不是我们说了算,好吗?
it's not our call, is it?
- 你妈妈刚签了你的出院文件。
- Your mom's just signing
your discharge paperwork.
你还好吗?
How you doing?
- 这太疯狂了。
- This is crazy.
I'm gonna be 18
我还有不到6个月就18岁了。
in less than six months.
我妈她...
My mom is...
她就是不能理解。
She just doesn't get it.
- 我听到你说的了。
- I hear you.
- 我能怎么办?我能做什么?
- What can I do?
What can I do?
- 还有一个办法。
- There is one thing.
- 嘿,马塞尔医生。
- Hey, Dr. Marcel.
- 嘿,泰勒医生。进展得怎样?
- Hey, Dr. Taylor.
How's it going?
- 它已经...
- 嗯?
- It's going.
- Yeah?
事实上,不是这样的。
Actually, no, it's not.
你听到了我和阿彻医生
Listen, you overheard
my conversation with Dr. Archer
关于摩托车手肖恩的对话?
in regard to Sean
the motorcyclist's care?
- 是的。我想我听到了一些东西。
- Yeah.
I caught some stuff, I think.
- 我只是...我无法摆脱这种感觉,
- I just... I can't shake
this feeling
我认为也许还能挽救肖恩的胳膊。
that we still might be able
to save Sean's arm.
但阿彻医生可能是对的,
But Archer is probably right,
是吗?
right?
- 老实说,任何一方都有道理,
- Well, there's an argument
for either side, honestly,
但在我看来,
but for my money,
I would have gone
我会按你的建议来做。
with what you suggested.
- 你会这么做。
- 是的。
- You would have.
- Yeah.
你的想法一点也不蠢。
There's nothing dumb
about your idea.
但我觉得你已经知道了。
But I have a feeling
you already know that.
我们需要去楼上吗?
好的。
We have to go upstairs?
Great.
- 我只是...我不想惹恼任何人。
- I just... look, I didn't
want to ruffle any feathers.
阿彻是急诊科的主任。
Archer's the chief of E.D.
而我都算不上是个医生。
and I'm, like, barely a doctor.
- 不,实际上,你就是个医生,
- No, actually,
you are a doctor,
而且是非常精明能干的。
and a very sharp one at that.
听着,我明白工作政♥治♥和权力架构,
Look, I understand work
politics and power hierarchies,
所有这些东西,
all of that,
但你下次对某些事充满激♥情♥的时候
but the next time
you're feeling passionately
不要害怕,坚持下去。
about something,
don't be afraid to stand by it.
我早就认识到,有时候你得在被尊重
I learned early on,
sometimes you gotta choose
和被喜欢之间做出选择。
between being respected
and being liked.
- 你说没有床位是什么意思?
- What do you mean
you don't have a bed?
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表