剧集 | 记忆神探(2011) | 导航列表
I knew Gene Lustig.
我很了解金·卢斯蒂格
He was one of the most positive, vibrant people
他是我见过的最积极向上
I have ever met.
充满活力的人
He gave me hope when I had none,
在我绝望时是他给了我希望
and that's not easy to do.
那不是件容易的事
He didn't commit suicide.
他没有自杀
Three fingers are broken,
三根手指骨折
each between the first and second knuckle.
都在第一和第二指关节之间
Also...
而且
I found topsoil in his scalp and under his shirt collar.
我在他的头皮上和衣领下发现了土
Absent your flower pot theory, I came up with nothing.
除了你的花盆理论 我想不到别的了
His neighbor said he had some kind of health problems.
他的邻居说他身体不太好
Did you find anything?
你有什么发现吗
Jumped right out at me.
显而易见
He had cancer.
他有癌症
Cancer?
癌症
See those little white dots?
看到那些小白点了吗
Radioactive tubes.
放射性导管
Brachytherapy.
短距放射疗法
Prostate cancer.
前列腺癌
Exactly. Treated early,
没错 及早治疗的话
the success rate is...
熬过十五年后
95% after 15 years.
存活率是95%
So then that would not be a reason
所以这不应该是
for him to jump off a balcony.
他从阳台跳下来的理由
Right.
对
Oh, Carrie, I'm so sorry.
凯莉 我很抱歉
Al told me you knew him.
艾尔告诉我你认识他
Were you his student?
你是他的学生吗
More like his object of study.
应该说是他的研究对象
I can't imagine you being a lab rat.
真想不到你还做过小白鼠
I was difficult.
我那时过得不好
I tried to chew through the bars on my cage.
我曾经试图把笼子咬坏
Look, I know I'm not the detective on this,
我知道自己不是负责这案子的探员
but I'm with you.
但我站在你这边
Your friend had help going over that balcony.
你的朋友不是自己翻过阳台的
Carrie!
凯莉
Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you.
抱歉 我不是故意吓你的
That's okay.
没关系
May I call you Carrie?
我能叫你凯莉吗
Yeah, sure, sure.
可以 当然
Great. Come on.
太好了 来吧
I want to tell you all about
我想给你讲讲
this little study I've dreamed up. Okay.
我想出的这个研究 好的
No needles, no electrodes, I assure you.
不用针头 不用电极 我向你保证
Oh, well, that's... that's a relief.
那可真让人轻松许多
Just simple questions to gauge
只是通过简单的问答来评估
the capacity of your marvelous mind.
你那非凡记忆力的容量
I don't know about "marvelous".
我不觉得它有多非凡
Save the modesty for Terry Gross.
不用太谦虚[美国电视制♥作♥人]
This is science.
这是科学
Next week, I want to have you meet the others.
下周我想让你去见见其他人
Others?
其他人
Yeah, the other study subjects.
对 其他研究对象
Oh, did you think you were alone?
你觉得只有你一个人是这样吗
It's okay.
没关系的
You can go.
你可以走了
I'll take good care of him.
我会好好照顾他的
Thanks, Jo.
多谢了 乔
Nothing on the surveillance video from Lustig's building.
卢斯蒂格住处的监控视频里没发现什么线索
The camera in the lobby shows him entering alone.
大厅的摄像头显示他是独自进来的
No cameras at all in the basement or garage.
地下室和车♥库♥根本没装摄像头
Any prints off the flower pot?
花盆上提取到指纹了吗
CSU has to reassemble it first.
犯罪现场小组得先把它拼起来
We're talking pellets.
都摔成碎屑了
I wouldn't hold your breath.
我不想吊你们胃口
Well, it looks like the ex-wife's clean.
看起来他的前妻是清白的
Friends say the divorce was amicable,
他们的朋友说他们是和平分手
and she's been in Europe for five weeks.
而且她已经在欧洲待了五周
So she's out of the picture.
那她就洗脱嫌疑了
But I wouldn't come to you without something.
但我不会空手来找你们
Been digging around at the university.
在大学里做了些深入调查
Meet Alwyn Pierce.
认识一下埃尔文·皮尔斯
Assistant Professor of Neurology at Algonquian.
阿尔贡金大学的神经学助理教授
Former graduate student of our Dr. Lustig.
曾是卢斯蒂格博士的研究生
Something of a prodigy.
是个天才
Lustig had high hopes for this lady.
卢斯蒂格对这位女士寄予很高的希望
Apparently she had high hopes, too,
很明显她对自己也报有很高的希望
but they never panned out.
但没能成功
According to some of the faculty members I spoke to,
据我问过的一些教职工说
she was pretty difficult.
她过得很艰难
Just last month, she was denied tenure.
就在上个月 她申请终身教授被拒了
How'd she take it?
她什么反应
Not good.
不太好
It all blew up at a faculty meeting a week ago.
一周前的教工会议上她爆发了
She accused Lustig of rigging the vote.
她指控卢斯蒂格操纵投票
Did she? She did.
她真这么想 真的
And according to folks at that meeting, she really went off.
据在场的人说 她发了很大的火
They had to call campus security.
他们不得不把保安叫来
Alwyn?
埃尔文
Alwyn Pierce?
埃尔文·皮尔斯
Carrie Wells. Yeah, we met years ago,
凯莉·威尔斯 我们几年前见过
in Gene's first HSAM study.
在金的首个超忆症研究中
Yes, I know. I remember.
对 我知道 我记得你
Lieutenant Al Burns.
我是艾尔·彭斯队长
Of course.
原来如此
You're here because of Gene.
你们是为金而来
You guys worked together for a long time.
你们共事了很长时间
This must be hard for you.
他的死一定让你很难过
It is.
是的
Though we understand
但我们查出
you two had your differences lately.
你们俩最近有些分歧
Perhaps, but professional squabbles
也许吧 但专业上的分歧
seem irrelevant at times like these.
跟此事无关
As opposed to a week ago,
但一周前可不是这样
when professional squabbles
你们的专业分歧
led to you being escorted from a faculty meeting
导致你在教工会议上
by four security guards.
被四个保安押走
I worked with Gene for ten years.
我和金共事了十年
And I felt I earned his support.
我以为已得到了他的支持
Instead, he blackballed me.
然而他却投票反对我
So draw your own conclusions about our "differences".
你们自己理解一下我们的分歧是什么吧
Why would he blackball you?
他为什么要投票反对你
I have no idea.
我不知道
If he were alive, you could ask him yourself.
如果他活着 你们可以自己问他
You know, we don't need to ask him.
我们不需要问他
According to a transcript from the tenure committee,
根据终身职位委员会的会议记录
Gene thought your work displayed--
金认为你的工作表现是
and I don't think I'm getting this wrong--
如果我没记错的话
"A shoddy methodology
"近乎欺诈的
bordering on fraudulent".
以次充好的方法"
Now, that... that had to hurt.
那可真是不好听
That was a joke.
那就是个笑话
Especially since his work
尤其是当他的工作
was sloppy and mediocre.
草率而平庸的时候
I was a part of Gene's work.
我参与过金的工作
There was nothing mediocre or sloppy about it.
那可一点都不草率和平庸
Where you were between the hours of 6:00 and 7:00 this morning?
今早六点到七点你在哪
Wait a minute.
等一下
I got denied tenure,
没能拿到终身教职
剧集 | 记忆神探(2011) | 导航列表