剧集 | 19号消防局(2018) | 导航列表
我知道大家今晚很累了
I know it's been a long night, team,
而且还要值一个很长的班
and we have a long shift ahead of us,
- 但是我希望大家知道 - 戴安
- but I want you all to know that -- Diane.
杰克 没事的
Jack. Don't worry.
我早上快速测了新冠
I got a rapid test this morning,
我很健康的
so I'm clean as a whistle.
你们这是 她这是
- Uh, what are y-- What is she --
我让她来的
I asked her to come.
我们面对了死亡 大家都很悲伤
There's been a death, and you are all grieving,
所以我让她来的
so I asked her to come.
抱歉 你
I'm sorr-You me-
你带了一位心理咨♥询♥师
You brought in a therapist
来帮我们消化乔治·弗洛伊德的死亡吗
to help us process the death of George Floyd?
是的
I did.
我感觉无力帮忙大家
I feel powerless to help,
所以至少可以用这种方式帮忙
and this felt like something I could do.
不会有很多消防局局长
There are not many fire captains
把一个国家危机的时刻
who would treat a moment of national crisis
当成内部灾难来对待 但她是
like an internal tragedy, and your captain is.
我尊重这一点
I respect it,
所以我很荣幸来帮忙
so I'm honored to be here to help however I can.
我不需要大家聊弗洛伊德的事情
I don't need you to talk about Mr. Floyd.
我也不会逼你们跟我倾诉
I'm not gonna make you talk to me at all.
这不是强制的
This isn't mandatory.
只是如果需要 我就在
I'm just here if you need me.
你很大胆 你也在努力
You're bold, and you're trying.
正确与否 今天你都努力了
Right or wrong, you tried something today.
尝试帮忙了
You tried something to help.
谢谢
Thank you.
我爱你
I love you.
你怎么做到的 就是
How do you do it? I mean, how do you --
我知道你肯定跟大家一样
I-I-I know you have to be as shaken up as I am,
所以你
so how do you --
- 我的工作吗 - 是的
How do I do my job? Well, yeah.
你上午去救火了
You fought a fire this morning.
你怎么做到的
How did you do it?
忍♥住痛苦 该干嘛干嘛
I pushed my pain aside and did what had to be done.
我也一样啊
Same.
我看到迪恩·米勒的事情了
I saw what happened to Dean Miller.
他要告警♥察♥局
He's suing the police department,
他这么做也是对的
and he's right to do it.
但是呢
But?
但是我很不舒服
- But, uh -- uh, it -- it makes me uncomfortable.
因为他是消防员
Because he's a firefighter
所以我们就该缄口不言 乖乖坐好吗
and we're supposed to shut up and look pretty?
不 因为警♥察♥寻常把我拦下来
No, because when the police
让我跟动物一样
made me lie down on the street like an animal
躺在地下的时候
during a routine traffic stop --
你没有告
You didn't sue.
我没做什么努力
I didn't do much of anything at all.
我确实大吼了 但是
- I did yell, you know, whi-- which was...
我感觉自己很虚伪
I feel like a hypocrite.
- 很虚伪 - 对 我有两个孩子
A hypocrite? Yeah. I have two kids.
我们上次见面之后我又多了个儿子
I have a new son since we last spoke.
- 恭喜啊 - 谢谢
Congratulations. Thanks.
- 你还有的休息吗 - 他都18了
You get any sleep? Well, he's 18, so, you know...
虽然我不是因为照顾他没办法休息
While I'm not losing sleep because of him --
但是因为他彻夜难眠
You're losing sleep over him.
没错
Yeah.
我和我妻子
Anyway, m-my wife and I, we --
跟他做了那个谈话
we gave "the talk"
解释了一下年轻的黑人
and explained that young Black men
在面对警♥察♥的时候
don't get to behave any old way they want
不能跟以前一样表现了
when dealing with the police.
我们说 安全回家是最重要的
We told them to do whatever it took to get home safe.
但我跟警♥察♥冲突的时候
But when I had a run-in with the police myself,
我吼了那位长官
- I -- I-I yelled at that officer
就在他转身回车里的时候
as he got into his car.
如果我儿子这样吼警♥察♥
I mean, if my boys had yelled at a cop like that, I --
你会生气吗
You'd be upset with them?
我当然会生气
Well, hell, yes, I'd be upset!
但我也会骄傲
But I'd also be proud.
因为他们做的是对的
- U-- Because they'd be right.
我是对的
You know, I was right.
米勒是对的
Miller was right.
但是不可以的
But y-you can't do that.
不能吼警♥察♥的啊 因为
You can't yell at a cop because, you know, w--
因为他们有枪啊
because they've got a gun, you know?
他们有权力啊
They're given authority.
他们可以
- They have the power t--
你有孩子吗
D-Do you have kids?
三个青春期小孩
Three teenagers.
好 所以你懂那种
Oh, wow. Okay, so, you get just how frustrating
绞尽脑汁 又挫败 又愤怒
and infuriating it is to pour every ounce
想要把他们一个个
of energy and brain power you have
都变成自信的年轻人
- into them to -- to try and mold them
让他们真的相信
into confident young men --
自己可以
to make them honestly believe
无所不能的感觉吧
that they can accomplish anything,
去努力工作 昂首挺胸
- to -- to work so hard to get them to s-stand tall
不因自己的肤色而自卑
and feel good in their own skin --
但是也要告诉他们
only to then have to tell them that
正是因为我们的肤色
because of the color of that skin,
所以在警♥察♥面前
they have to shrink
我们得装孙子
when in the presence of a police officer.
你跟他们说了吗
Do you tell them that?
你说了要装孙子吗
Do you tell them to shrink?
没
No.
我没有说要装孙子
- No, I -- I don't tell them to shrink.
我告诉他们昂首挺胸
I tell them to stand with dignity,
但是要大事化小小事化了
and I tell them to de-escalate.
我跟他们说 在任何对峙冲突的情况下
I-I tell them that in any confrontational situation,
他们都要努力小事化了
their job is to de-escalate.
但这应该是警♥察♥的职责啊
But it should be the cop's job.
你说得对 确实
You're right. It should.
所以我理解一下啊
So, let me just make sure I have this straight.
你生自己的气 因为那个警♥察♥那样对你之后
You're mad at yourself that you didn't do more
你没有做出更多努力
after that cop treated you that way,
你生自己的气也因为 被那样对待之后
and you're mad at yourself that you didn't do less
你也没有小事化了
after that cop treated you that way.
因为米勒做了更多努力
Because Miller's doing more,
也因为你想让你儿子们可以少点努力
and because you want your boys to do less.
就是
Look...
我好累了 你知道吗
I'm exhausted, you know?
我好烦要在一个这样的世界中生存
- I'm exhausted by navigating a -- a w-- a world
好像我和我儿子都是坏人 是威胁
- that sees me and -- and my kids as a threat.
真的
- I mean, it's -- it's this --
这种持续不断的担心
it's this constant nagging worry
永远不会消散
- that -- that never goes away.
我真的努力忘掉这一切
And i-if I do manage to forget and just --
就简单的活着
you know, just exist...
但是一看新闻
...a comment or a look
又一个黑人在街头被杀
or the news that a man has been killed in the street
我又被提醒要小心再小心
reminds me that I have to be careful.
而为了担心这些事情 我已经没有办法
- And -- And it steals all of my mental and emotional energy
把精力和关注给我我老婆
that I should be giving to my wife
我孩子 和我的健康了
and my kids and my health.
你健康出问题了吗
Is something going on with your health?
作为一个黑人 就是有生命的危险的
Being Black in America is a life-threatening condition.
除了这个没啥
Other than that...
剧集 | 19号消防局(2018) | 导航列表