剧集 | 数字追凶(2005) | 导航列表
Well, then, maybe he can explain
因为这些数字对我而言
all this stuff to you, 'cause all these, these numbers,
完全是天书
I-I, it's over my head.
真有趣 我不这样想
It's funny. I don't think it is.
这些数据和这个
It's oddly similar
有着相似性
to this work,
也就是你用自己名字
which you posted
发表在棒球统计网站上的
on a baseball stats Web site
计算方程式
under your own name.
只有他用这些缩写
He's the only person using these abbreviations,
并且很有效果
and it works.
他的分♥析♥很精奇的计算出了
His analysis
类固醇的使用情况
accurately spots steroid use.
数学天才啊
Good Will Hunting.
你说对了 好吗?
Yeah, you got me, all right? Yeah,
这是我的杰作
this is my work, and that is
并且也是那样运用的
exactly what it does, but,
但是我从没有给Vick Johnston发过邮件
I never e-mailed it to Vick Johnston.
我从没有给任何人看过
I never showed this to anybody.
为什么没有呢?
Why? Why didn't you?
这可是统计学上的突破
It's a significant statistical breakthrough.
在虚拟棒球赛中就是重要优势啦
It's a significant advantage in fantasy baseball--
前提是其他人不知道
if nobody else knows about it.
技术员检查了他的电脑
Tech went through his laptop.
给Johnston的邮件
It's not the source of the e-mails
不是该电脑发出的
that Johnston received.
是的 我可没有看出什么动机
Yeah, see, I mean, I don't see a motive.
即使是他在勒索他的话
I mean, even if he was blackmailing him.
我很怀疑 因为他很惊奇地发现
Which I doubt. He was genuinely surprised
他的方程式在这些邮件里面
to see his work on those e-mails.
那为什么有人闯进他家呢?
Yeah, but what about the break-in at the apartment?
可能是在寻找类固醇的分♥析♥资料
It could be they were after his steroid analysis.
我们仍然不知道
That still doesn't tell us who gave
是谁给Vick Johnston
Vick Johnston a lethal dose
致命的Thoracyclene
of Thoracyclene, though.
知道是哪里生产的吗?
We know yet where they were manufactured?
没有 还在调查 -好的
No, still waiting. All right.
我们得利用这孩子
We just gotta get a handle on this kid.
我觉得他对我们很冷淡
You know, I don't see him opening up to any of us,
但是也许和某人很亲近
but... he might with someone else.
Epps教授 我收到了你的留言
Um... Dr. Epps, I got your message.
最近怎么样 Oswald?
Yeah, how you doing, Oswald?
请到我办公室来吧
Why don't you follow me in my office.
好的
Yeah. All right.
我不肯定你的律师
So, you know,
是否告诉你
I wasn't really sure
我打了电♥话♥
that your attorney would tell you that I called.
是的 他不想让我和你谈
Oh, yeah. No, he doesn't want me talking to you
他认为你只是在
He thinks you're just gathering
为FBI收集信息
information for the FBI.
是的 他说对了
Yeah, well-- he's right.
但FBI只想了解谁还知道你的方程
But the FBI just wants to know who knows about your work.
仅此而已
That's all.
我已经告诉过他们了
Well, I mean, like I already told them,
没人知道
nobody else knows.
我让你来还有其他原因
There is another reason I wanted to talk to you.
你的分♥析♥方程
Um, your analysis
很了不起
is amazing.
真的
Really.
十分深奥
It's deep.
深奥?
It's deep?
哇
Wow. Um...
深奥很好 对吗?
Deep's good, right?
深奥 很复杂
Deep-- yeah, complex.
也很优雅
Elegant, yeah.
我猜你这样想的
That's, well... I guess you would know.
呃
Um...
这都涉及微积分 对吧?
This stuff is all calculus, right?
我想你在高中学过微积分 对吗?
Yeah. Guess you studied calculus in high school, right?
没有 我上学时可没学过
Oh, no, no, we didn't have it in my school.
我是从图书馆里面学的
No, I learned from, like, library books,
其他虚拟玩家的作品
uh, stuff other fantasy leaguers did.
这么说你是自学的?
So you're self-taught?
我想是吧
I guess so.
这真是太厉害了 呃
That's qu... that's quite an accomplishment. Um...
你想过来学校
You ever think about coming to a place like this
研究数学吗?
to actually study math?
好啊 但是
Well, yeah, but...
我是说 伙计
I mean, dude,
我还没有通过自学考试
I don't even have a G.E.D.
伙计 你根本就不需要
Dude, you don't even need one.
说实话 单凭你的杰作
No, seriously, you could get admitted
你就可以被录取
on the strength of your work alone.
至少你可以考虑将其出版
You should at least consider publishing your findings.
哦 不 我得守住我的好东西
Oh, hell, no. I gotta keep my best stuff secret.
我就是这样赢的
I mean, that's how I win.
科学在于分享
Science is about sharing knowledge.
这也是我不是
One more reason I'm not
科学家的原因 -你是的
a scientist. Yeah, you are.
你创建理论 分♥析♥理论
You come up with theories, you test them,
发现新的东西
you make new findings.
也许我放弃了
Well, maybe I'll have
我的诺贝尔奖
to dust off a shelf for my Nobel Prize.
嗨 -嘿 爸爸
Hi. Oh, hey, Pop.
你知道Charlie在哪儿吗?
You know where Charlie is?
是的 他在学校
Yeah, he's in school.
我今天下午的
Oh, listen, I had two meetings
两个会议取消了
cancel on me this afternoon.
你想玩球吗?
Yeah. You want to play?
我也希望 但是不行
Yeah, I wish. I can't.
我必须处理案件
I-I gotta, I gotta deal with this case.
哦 是的
Oh, yeah.
那个棒球手
The ballplayer.
好吧
Yeah.
真是可怜
It's very sad, isn't it?
他抛下了妻子和两个孩子
He left a wife, two kids.
知道谁杀了他吗?
You have any idea who killed him?
不 我还不知道作案动机
No, I can't figure out a motive.
也许是勒索
Maybe blackmail, but...
但是勒索者不会杀人的
the thing is, blackmailers rarely kill, so...
怎么了?
What?
嗯?
Hmm?
你在干嘛?
What are you doing?
没什么
Nothing. I just...
我在Rangers队的时候 228次击球36次全中
My last year with the Rangers, I hit .228 with 36 RBIs.
有了类固醇 260次击球会有50次全垒打
With steroids, I woulda hit .260 with 50 ribbbies.
全被我的替补抢了 那家伙
So my backup did. The guy winds up
现在在职棒打球
in the majors, you know?
那样就是作弊了
Uh, that would be cheating.
如果大家都这样 还算作弊吗? -是的
Yeah, I mean, is it cheating if everyone does it? Yes.
我们都要懂得放弃 Donny
We all give up things, Donny.
是吗?
Yeah?
你放弃了什么?
What'd you give up?
我不知道
I don't know. I...
我在欧洲徒步旅行的时候
One day I was backpacking around Europe,
毫无计划 毫不慌张
no plans, no worries,
享受着自♥由♥
all the freedom in the world.
随后我就有了家庭
Next thing you know, I got a family
欠了抵押款 每年只有两星期假期
and a mortgage and two weeks vacation every year.
你后悔吗? -没有
You regret any of it?- No
但是我想念所放弃的东西
剧集 | 数字追凶(2005) | 导航列表