Recently, my advertising agency
近日 我广♥告♥公♥司♥
Ended a long relationship
结束了与幸福时光香烟的
With lucky strike cigarettes.
长♥期♥合作关系
And I'm relieved.
这让我如释重负
For over 25 years,
在过去的25年里
we devoted ourselves to peddling a product
我们致力于对烟草商品的广♥告♥宣传
For which good work is irrelevant,
但是 烟草广♥告♥做的再好也是徒然的
Because people can't stop themselves from buying it."
因为一旦染上烟瘾 不需要广♥告♥宣传 也会忍♥不住购买♥♥
"The product that never improves,
吸烟百害而无一利
Causes illness and makes people unhappy.
有损健康 徒增悲伤
But there was money in it.
但烟草业利润丰厚
A lot of money.
相当可观的利润
In fact, our entire business depended on it.
实际上 我们整个公♥司♥的运作资金都靠之维系
We knew it wasn't good for us,
我们都知道这样做是不对的
But we couldn't stop.
但我们却无法停手
And then, when lucky strike moved
然后突然间 幸福时光香烟把
Their business elsewhere,
代理权给了别的广♥告♥公♥司♥
I realized
我突然觉得
here was my chance to be someone who can sleep at night
我终于可以放下包袱 坦然入眠了
Because I know
因为我知道
what I'm selling doesn't kill my customers.
我已经不再推销有损顾客身体健康的产品了
So as of today, sterling Cooper draper Pryce
从今天起 斯库德普广♥告♥公♥司♥
Will no longer take tobacco accounts.
将不再受理烟草广♥告♥业务
We know it's gonna be hard.
我们深知 公♥司♥将举步维艰
If you're interested in cigarette work,
如果您仍有意进行烟草广♥告♥宣传的话
Here's a list of agencies that do it well:
建议您与如下的公♥司♥联♥系♥
B.B.D.O., Leo Burnett, McCann-Erickson,
天联广♥告♥公♥司♥ 李奥贝纳广♥告♥公♥司♥ 麦肯广♥告♥公♥司♥
Cutler, Gleason & Chaough and Benton & Bowles."
C.G.C广♥告♥公♥司♥ 以及本顿&鲍尔斯广♥告♥公♥司♥
"As for us, we welcome all other business,
而我们 欢迎其他行业有识之士前来洽商
Because we're certain that our best work is still ahead of us.
因为我们将继续以卓越超凡的作品 与您共创辉煌
Sincerely, Donald F. Draper,
诚挚的 唐纳德·德雷柏敬上
Creative director, sterling Cooper draper Pryce."
斯库德普广♥告♥公♥司♥ 创意总监
Good morning, Don. Stan.
早上好啊 唐 早上好 斯坦
Good morning.
早安
Good morning. Any calls?
早上好 有电♥话♥来吗
Oh yes, quite a few.
是的 很有几个
Mostly reporters and citizens,
以记者和市民为主
Dr. Miller. Anyone else?
还有米勒博士 还有别人吗
Someone named Emerson Foote
还有个叫埃默森.福特的
And people from those agencies you mentioned.
还有你报上提到的那几家广♥告♥公♥司♥的人
They're looking for you.
他们在等你呢
Can you get Dr. Miller?
给我接米勒博士的电♥话♥
Somebody used your name to end our business in the newspaper.
有人盗用你的名字在报纸上破坏我们的生意
It's not you, is it? It's suicide!
不是你写的吧 是不是 这简直是自取灭亡
It's insane! How the hell could you do this?
真是疯了 你怎么能这样做呢
Why would you do this? Because someone had to do something.
你为什么样这么做 总得有人做点什么的
You put the company name on it.
但你是以公♥司♥的名义写的稿子
You should've consulted us.
你应该事先征询我们的意见的
Why? To evaluate its strengths and weaknesses?
为什么 权衡一下利弊吗
To knock it down to risk versus reward? It's done!
还是计算风险和收益的比例 一切都结束了
And I slept last night for the first time in a month.
昨晚我睡了这个月以来的第一个安稳觉
You slept? Really?
你居然还睡了 真的假的
You weren't smiling, thinking about the taste of shit
你难道不是想着今天早上我们看到报纸时
That would be in everybody's mouth over breakfast today?
那惊诧震惊 目瞪口呆的表情而狂笑整夜吗
No one asked you to euthanize this company.
没人让你终结这个公♥司♥的命运
What did you expect, for us to pat you on the back?
你还指望我们拍拍你后背夸你几句
Don't you realize the clients are all going to think
你不觉得我们的客户们会觉得
You could turn on them at any minute?
我们随时都有可能背叛他们吗
I'm not going to explain to you what I did.
我懒得跟你们解释我的所作所为
It's an ad for this agency.
我这是在给公♥司♥做广♥告♥
If you don't understand it,
你们要是不懂的话
then you shouldn't be in this business.
就枉在广♥告♥业混了这么多年了
You humiliated us by not putting our names on it.
你没有列出我们的名字 是对我们极大的羞辱
You left us with this hypocrisy.
你让公♥司♥披上一层伪善的羞纱
So deny it! I did what I thought was best for the company.
你们大可否认 我完全是为公♥司♥着想
You can either back me or not.
你们支不支持我随便
You did what was best for you,
你只不过是在为你自己着想
Because you're impatient and childish.
你这个武断 幼稚的家伙
You had a tantrum on a full page in "The New York times."
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》给了你一整个版面来泄私愤
So no one is happy about this?
这么说你们都觉得我错了
I don't know. It's good enough to be the reason
我不清楚 如果公♥司♥继续每况愈下
This place went down anymore.
倒可以以此作为借口
Excuse me. Yes?
打扰一下 什么事
Um, there's someone calling from senator Kennedy's office.
肯尼迪议员办公室来电♥话♥找您
Robert Kennedy wants to speak with you.
罗伯特·肯尼迪想跟您谈谈
Please hold for the senator.
请稍候 电♥话♥正在转接给议员
Is this here Don Draper?
请问是唐·德雷柏吗
Yes. This is Bobby Kennedy.
是我 我是波比·肯尼迪
How are you this lovely morning?
你今天早上过得可好
I'm well. Thank you, senator.
挺好的 谢谢您 议员先生
Bobby please. Listen,
叫我波比就行
I just wanted to say that I admire your fortitude and vigor
我很欣赏你过人的胆识和魄力
Sanding up to what I consider to be
敢于挺身而出
One of the great menaces to this civilization as we know it.
向文明社会的毒瘤宣战
That's very flattering. I have one question:
您过奖了 我想问你一个问题
Does your company represent secor laxatives?
贵公♥司♥代理赛可通便剂的广♥告♥吗
Yes. Yes, we do.
是的 是我们在代理
Well, are you going to be writing anything against them?
那你不准备写点反对泻药的广♥告♥吗
Because I want to make it clear
我想明确地表示
That I am
我本人
Firmly anti-laxative.
坚决反对使用泻药
Who the hell is this?
你♥他♥妈♥的到底是谁
Teddy Chaough.
我是泰德·赵
Thanks for sticking my name in there with the big boys.
多谢你把我们公♥司♥和那些大公♥司♥的名字列在一起
A full-page ad in "The times. "
在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》上做了整版的广♥告♥
What did that run you?
你中了什么邪了
A little mix-up there. That was Eunice Kennedy.
搞混了 打电♥话♥的是尤妮斯·肯尼迪[肯尼迪总统的妹妹]
Keep joking. You're cynical and craven.
继续开玩笑吧 你这个愤世嫉俗的懦夫
Tobacco put a roof over your head
是烟草业让你发家致富
And it fed your children. And then it killed my business.
让你有钱养家糊口 也正是它毁了我的事业
I never thought you had the stomach for a partnership.
我一直都觉得你不是当合伙人的料
I'm no longer a part of this agency.
从今天起我跟这个公♥司♥没有任何关系
You there, get my shoes.
喂 你 过去把我的鞋收好
Bert, calm down.
别激动 伯特
I will not.
你让我怎么冷静
We've created a monster.
我们造就了这样一个怪物
I've already informed the other partners.
我已经通知了其他股东
I'll need your contribution by close of business, as it were.
你必须按规定上交停业的补偿金
You know this could work.
你知道这个广♥告♥会有用的
Do you realize I've just moved my family back here?
你应该知道 我刚刚把我的家人接到这边来
I'm terribly sorry about that.
我真的万分抱歉
Did you get Dr. Miller?
与米勒博士联♥系♥过了吗
Yes, but you were on with...
是的 不过当时...
You were on the phone. She said she'd stop by later.
当时你正在通话中 她说等会过来
Okay, that'll be all.
好了 没事了
By the way,
还有
I loved the letter.
我喜欢那封信
I love that you stand for something.
我欣赏你挺身而出的魄力
Megan, that's not really what it's about.
梅根 不是你想的那样
I know that part.
我懂你想要表达的意思
I know it was about "He didn't dump me. I dumped him."
就是说 不是烟草公♥司♥抛弃了我们 是我们抛弃了他们
I just love that you did it.
我很钦佩你的作为
It feels different around here.
让我对公♥司♥有了一种全新的感觉
Thank you.
谢谢
So who else called? Everyone who's anyone.
还有谁打了电♥话♥ 都是非常重要的人
Smokey the bear, Smokey Robinson,
美国林务局 斯莫吉·罗宾逊[蓝调歌♥手]
Chiquita banana, aunt Jemima.
契基塔香蕉公♥司♥ 杰米玛食料
Is he gonna quit smoking?
他会戒烟吗
You're an idiot.
你真蠢
I heard from all my clients this morning...
我从我的客户那里听说
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表