So did I.
我也这么以为的
They're excited to see where you are in six months.
他们非常希望六个月后再与你们商谈合作
Six months means never.
六个月后就是再也没有机会的意思
They're letting us die.
他们是在让我们等死
I thought this was a sure thing.
我还以为这是板上钉钉的事了
Down the road perhaps.
或许以后吧
There's no reason to be discouraged.
不必因此灰心丧气
The wind is blowing ice cold out there.
凄凄惨惨戚戚啊
We can't even get a meeting with a damn tobacco account!
我们连跟他妈的烟草公♥司♥会面的机会都没有
Take it inside.
到里面谈吧
You're an asshole, you know that?
你知道吗 你是个混账
Mr. Crane, out.
克雷恩先生 出去
They can't even dignify us with an excuse?
他们连编个理由给我们留点面子都不行吗
They don't need an excuse. It's because we're desperate.
他们不需要编理由 因为我们已经穷途末路了
They can smell it on us. We reek of it,
他们能嗅到 我们全身上下都是死亡的气息
like some sweaty salesman knocking on his last door!
就像大汗淋漓的推销员 上门乞求别人
Because we're going after scraps.
因为我们在追逐垃圾客户
What about United Airlines, General Motors?
为什么不找联合航♥空♥ 通用汽车
Do you think that's easier?
你觉得那会比较容易吗
Than what? You have a plan?
不然呢 你有别的主意吗
I'm out there beating the bushes every day for anything.
我每天在外面披荆斩棘 不放过任何机会
You should try it. Just out of caution, I met with the bank.
你试试看 提醒各位一下 我跟银行谈过了
They've agreed to extend our line of credit,
他们同意延长我们的还款期限
but they would like us to post some collateral.
但需要我们呈上一些担♥保♥物
You went to the bank? There's a vote of confidence.
你去了银行 真是对公♥司♥信心十足啊
$100,000 each from the senior partners
高级合伙人 每人出10万美金
and $50,000 from Mr. Campbell and I,
坎贝尔先生和我一人出5万
would buy us six months or so.
可以给我们六个月的时间
Provided we make a drastic reduction in staff.
此外 我们必须大幅度裁员
$50,000? Absolutely not.
五万元 没门
It's an obligation of your contract.
你的合约上规定了这是你的义务
All we need is a bridge to cold and flu season
我们只需要度过当前的困难时期
and Vicks will take us to the holidays.
维克制药可以让我们柳暗花明
Sugarberry Hams will pick up. Samsonite...
舒格伯里火腿也会跟上 新秀丽
It's a hardship for me as well, but it's a necessity.
对我来说也同样困难 但这确实是必行之举
We should move. We should never have been here.
到此为止吧 我们不该谈论这些事的
You think we look desperate now?
你觉得我们现在看起来穷途末路了吗
Well, if you figure it out, you know where to find me...
你们达成共识了 再来找我
For a little while anyway.
片刻的清静也好
And then I was floating over town...
然后我飞过城镇上空
Standing straight up, not like superman.
直直地站着 不是像超人那样
Only it wasn't Ossining, it was London...
只是 当时不是在奥斯宁 是在伦敦
Like Mary Poppins.
就像《欢乐满人间》里那样
Do you want the backwash?
你想要最后一口吗
I fly in some of my dreams.
有时候我也会梦到自己在飞翔
It feels like being in the ocean.
感觉像是在大海里畅游一样
I just felt like I was going to heaven,
我感觉像是我要上天堂了
except I don't believe in it.
虽然说我不信有天堂这回事
You don't? Then what happens when you die?
你不信吗 那你死后会怎么样呢
Nothing? It doesn't really bother me,
什么都没有吗 我从来没为这个问题烦恼过
except for it's forever.
但其永恒却令我犯愁
When I think about forever, I get upset.
只要想到永恒 我就心情不好
Like the Land O'Lakes butter.
就像蓝多湖的黄油广♥告♥里
Has that Indian girl... sitting, holding a box.
那个印第安女孩 坐在那 拿着一个盒子
And it has a picture of her on it, holding a box,
盒子上的图案 就是她坐在那儿拿着一个盒子
with a picture of her on it, holding a box.
盒子上就是她自己坐在那儿 手里拿着盒子
Have you ever noticed that?
你发现了吗
I wish you wouldn't have said that.
真希望这些话你没说过
Sorry.
对不起
I have to go.
我得走了
Yeah, I should too.
我也得走了
I'll save my Fritos for you.
我会带玉米片给你吃的
May I speak with you? Are you busy?
我可以跟你谈谈吗 你在忙吗
No. Do you want one?
不 你要来一杯吗
No.
不用
Philip Morris set up the meeting
菲利普·莫里斯先定下与我们的会面
then told Leo Burnett about it to leverage a sweeter deal.
然后将之告诉李奥贝纳 以期在商谈中占到更多便宜
So they used us.
原来是他们利用了我们
Is that supposed to make me feel better?
我该因此感觉好受一点吗
Everyone at Burnett is already
李奥贝纳公♥司♥的所有人
bragging about how we never even got a meeting.
都在嘲笑说 我们连会面的机会都没有
What do you want?
你想怎么样
I want to know why I'm being punished,
我想知道 为什么连我也跟着倒霉
for being the only business left around here.
全公♥司♥就剩我手上这点儿生意了
We're all being punished. I don't have that kind of money.
我们都受到牵连了 我没那么多钱
Pete, I'm doing everything I can. Give me a room.
皮特 我正尽我所能力挽狂澜 别给我添乱了
Miss Olson to see you.
奥尔森小姐想见你
Come in!
请进
Everybody's waiting in the conference room.
大家都在会议室候着呢
For what?
何事
Well, we were all gonna leave when you left,
如果你另谋高就的话 我们也打算走人的
But you didn't go, so what should we do?
但是你没有离开 那我们该怎么办
I don't care. What happened?
随便吧 出什么事了
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
没什么 什么事都没有
What are we gonna do?
那我们要怎么做
Peggy, it's not your problem.
佩奇 不用你操心这些
I know, but I have been thinking about the company
我知道 但是我也在思考公♥司♥的前景
And I was wondering what you thought about...
我在想 不知你有没有想过...
You know, why don't we just change our name?
比如 给公♥司♥换个名字不就行了
If this was a dog food, we'd change the name.
以前做狗粮广♥告♥ 我们大胆提倡客户改名
We can't start over. We just started.
我们没法重新来过了 我们才刚刚起步
You always say "If you don't like what they're saying about you,
你常说 如果不喜欢别人对你的评价
Change the conversation." to what?
不如换个话题 换成什么样的
What they're saying about us is true.
他们说的都是事实
So there's nothing we can do?
那我们就这样坐以待毙?
Sure there is. We're gonna sit at our desks
当然有事做啦 我们要继续稳坐办公桌后面
And keep typing while the walls fall down around us,
任天崩地裂 墙到房♥塌 也要继续创作
Because we're creative,
因为我们是创意人员
The least important most-important thing there is.
排除一切干扰 潜心创作 才是创意人员的本色
You can't slam the door like that.
怎么能那样摔门呢
Why didn't you call me back?
你怎么不回我电♥话♥呀
The bank called. Something about a loan application?
银行打电♥话♥到家里来 关于什么贷款申请
They called here? Yes.
打到家里来了 是的
You have something you want to tell me?
你想告诉我点什么吗
It's not important.
没什么大事
To think you still want to surprise me
没想到结婚五年了
after five years of marriage.
你还想着要给我浪漫的惊喜
When can I start looking?
我什么时候可以去看♥房♥♥呢
I'm so in love with Greenwich.
我非常向往格林威治镇的住♥宅♥呢
We're not buying a house, Trudy.
特鲁迪 我没想买♥♥♥房♥♥子
The partners each need to put in a lump sum
合伙人必须共同出资
to keep the payroll we have going,
来保证公♥司♥的正常运作
So people don't lose their jobs.
以此避免大裁员
What? How much?
什么 要多少钱
Well, it's $50,000
5万美元
And we have $22,000 in the bank,
但是我们银行账户里面只有两万二了
Not counting the baby gifts...
不包括父母留给宝宝的钱
Which will remain for the baby.
那笔钱得留给宝宝以后用
It's all for the baby,
那些钱都是为宝宝准备的
for Tammy to have a yard to run around in.
我们得保证塔米有一个可以自♥由♥玩耍的院子
Central park was good enough for me.
我觉得去中♥央♥公园玩耍就不错呀
When you bet big and lose, you don't double down.
你已经赌输了 还指望加倍下注翻本吗
It's in my contract.
合同就是这么规定的
I'll lose my partnership.
否则的话我就失去合伙人身份了
You'll lose your stateroom on the Titanic?
你以为那是什么宝贵职位吗
You are forbidden to give anything more to that company.
我不准你再向公♥司♥投一分钱
You don't get to forbid me!
你有什么权利限制我
Lower your voice!
声音放小点
And don't even think about asking my father.
还有 别指望跟我父亲借钱
"Why I'm quitting tobacco.
我为何放弃烟草客户
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表