It's nice running into you.
很高兴在这碰到你
I don't know what to say.
我都不知道说什么好了
That's very flattering.
真是受宠若惊
Well, that's how I meant it.
恰好如我所愿
Johnny Walker. Rocks.
威士忌加冰
The bartender here listens to me.
这下他可以听到了
May I help you? Are you Joan Harris?
有何贵干 你是琼·哈里斯吗
I am. We're from madam Inga's.
正是 我们是女子美容院的
You are to receive massage, manicure and pedicure.
我们是来为您提供按♥摩♥和修甲服务的
Can we? I didn't order this.
我们能进来吗 我没有预定这些服务
It's a gift from a friend, tip included.
这是您的朋友送给您的礼物 小费已经付过了
What friend? I'm not allowed to say this.
哪个朋友 这个我们必须保密
In Greece right now? Make no mistake,
当今希腊政局风云变幻 相信我
That's a revolution.
这是一场大革命
We are a hair away from everything falling apart in every society.
我们的社会正濒临崩溃瓦解的边缘
It's so tenuous.
简直不堪一击
All these corporations just throw their money at everyone
所有的企业都把钱财投向人♥民♥
to keep the status quo intact
来维持现状的安稳
'cause the people outnumber them.
因为人♥民♥群众犹如汪♥洋♥大海
But in the blink of an eye, they could overturn everything.
转瞬间 他们就能使一切天翻地覆
It's an illusion that America's so organized
虽然当今美国一切看上去井然有序
That it could never happen over here.
似乎不会发生这样的事 但那只是假象
Are you from Brooklyn? I am.
你是布鲁克林区人吗 是的
Me too. I don't hear it.
我也是 我听你的口音不像
One more drink and it'll come out.
再多喝一杯 我的口音就原形毕露了
Okay.
好吧
What am I talking to you about corporations for?
我居然跟你谈企业 真是多费唇舌
You must deal with them all the time. I guess.
你肯定成天和企业打交道 是的
Vick chemical, American tobacco,
维克化工 美国烟草
But most of them are family businesses...
但大部分都是家族企业
Samsonite, Fillmore auto parts,
新秀丽 菲尔莫尔汽车零部件公♥司♥
Sugarberry...
舒格伯利火腿...
Fillmore auto parts is worse than a corporation,
菲尔莫尔根本算不上什么企业
What with the boycott and all. What boycott?
他们遭到了强烈的抵♥制♥ 什么抵♥制♥
The Southern stores won't hire Negroes.
他们在南方的分店不肯雇佣黑人
Says who?
谁说的
It was in "The Voice." It was in a couple of places.
《时讯之声》上说的 四处都在流传
I don't think that's true. I would've heard that.
我觉得这只是谣言罢了 不然我肯定会知道的
It is true.
这是千真万确的
That doesn't seem like them.
这不像他们的所作所为
I'm sure they're perfectly nice for racists, you know.
我很确定他们对种族主义者持亲善态度
And obviously your company has an investment in looking the other way.
而且你们公♥司♥碍于合作关系 肯定不会在意这些
Well, it's a complicated idea.
老实说 情况本身就很复杂
But in advertising,
但是在广♥告♥业
we don't really judge people.
我们不会去评判别人
We try and help them out of these situations.
我们只会帮助他们解决问题
Certainly we would try and stop this.
当然我们也会尽量避免这种情况的发生
If it's true, it's not good for their business.
如果这是真的话 对他们的生意发展将十分不利
Jesus, I don't even know where to start.
天啊 我都不知说什么好了
You would've done a campaign for Goldwater?
你难道替戈德华做过竞选策划吗
You kidding? That would've been spectacular.
开什么玩笑 真那样的话简直太棒了
Did you vote for him? Of course not.
你投票给他了吗 当然没有
Civil rights isn't a situation to be fixed with some P.R. Campaign.
民权可不是靠一些公♥关♥活动就能得到维护的
It's an inequality that the world has its eyes on.
全世界都可以见证美国公民权利的不平等
I know.
我知道
But I have to say
但是我不得不说
most of the things Negroes can't do
很多黑人无法享受到的权利
I can't do either
我也享受不到
and nobody seems to care.
但却没有人在意这个
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
Half of the meetings take place over golf, tennis, in a bunch of clubs
半数的会议都在是一些高级俱乐部召开的
where I'm not allowed to be a member
那种地方根本不吸纳女性会员
or even enter.
甚至规定女性不得入内
The university club said the only way I could eat dinner there
校友俱乐部甚至声明 如果我要进去享用晚餐
was if I arrived in a cake.
唯一的办法就是藏在蛋糕里面进去
There's no Negro copywriters, you know.
但是你要知道现在还没有黑人广♥告♥文案
I'm sure they could fight their way in like I did.
我相信如果他们像我一样奋斗也能争取到
Believe me, nobody wanted me there.
相信我 公♥司♥所有人都希望把我排挤出去
All right, Peggy.
好了 佩奇
We'll have a civil rights march for women.
我们将为女权而斗争
I have a really early day.
我今天劳碌一整天了
It was nice to see you.
很开心见到你
Wait. Hey hey hey. I'm just saying
等等 嘿 我只是说
they're not shooting women to keep'em from voting.
他们不会为了阻止女性投票而将她们射杀
That's all.
仅此而已
Oh, Jesus. I'm really sorry.
天呐 我真的很抱歉
I'm much better on paper.
我比较擅长用文字来表达我的想法
You're opinionated and you're criticizing me.
你固执己见 而且你一直在指责我
That's not what I'm doing. This is discourse.
我没有啊 我只是在表达看法
I knew I shouldn't have let Joyce leave.
我就知道不该让乔伊斯走开的
Have a good night.
玩得愉快
A three-letter word for a flightless bird.
不能飞的鸟 打三个字母构成的词
Emu.
食火鸟
Nope. It starts with an "L."
不是 是"L"开头的
The hell it does.
管它什么鬼东西
Good morning, Mr. Draper.
早上好 德雷柏先生
Could I get some coffee?
给我泡杯咖啡
And let me know when Dr. Miller arrives.
米勒博士来了的话 通知我一下
It's hard... the way she breezes past me.
恐怕很难办到 她总是悄无声息地从我身边走过
She's pushy, that one.
她有一股冲劲儿
I guess that's what it takes.
我猜那也是职场女强人所必须的
Morning. Good morning.
早上好 早上好
And thank you. For what?
谢谢你 谢我什么
That was very thoughtful.
你的礼物十分体贴
I knew I was rubbing you the wrong way,
我知道我的话让你不舒服了
So I thought, why not have someone rub you the right way?
所以我想 应该找人让你舒服一下
I brought you bear claws.
我给你带了点熊爪糕
Caroline won't let me have one
卡罗琳不会让我吃的
unless it's on the end of a real bear.
除非那是真的熊掌
Well, anyway. Joanie.
那就这样吧 琼妮
It'll be okay. People love to say that.
一切都会好的 人们都爱说这句话
Look, I know you're having a tough run.
听着 我知道你正经历艰难时期
Let me get you a meal, Hmm?
让我请你吃顿饭 怎么样
Take your mind off things?
让你忘掉不开心的事
Of course.
当然可以
I forgot for a second
我一时间忘记了
that you're incapable of doing something nice
你若对人投之以桃
without expecting something nicer in return.
必会让人报之以李
I didn't mean anything by it.
我可没这个意思
Honest.
真的没有
Just thought you could use a night out.
我只是觉得你应该出去轻松一晚
Thank you. I'm fine. Good.
谢谢 我很好 那就好
What are you doing here? I wrote something.
你来这儿干什么 我写了些东西
I kind of wrote it for you.
是特意为你写的
I would love it if you read it.
希望你能好好看看
"Nuremberg on Madison Avenue"?
《对麦迪逊大道的纽伦堡审判》
What is this? It's what I was trying to say last night,
这是什么 这是我昨天晚上想说的东西
but without, I don't know, my abrasive tone.
但语气可不像昨晚那般咄咄逼人
Read it. Right now in front of you?
看看吧 立刻当着你的面看吗
Nah. Take your time. I'll wait over here.
不用 你慢慢看吧 我就在这儿等着
I have a lot to do.
我有很多事情要做
I came all the way up here. I want to know what you think, okay?
我大老远地跑来 就是想知道你是怎么想的
These domesticated suburbanites
那些过惯了安逸生活的居民
still have a primitive desire to get their hands dirty.
依然有着自己动手的原始欲望
But they have become so removed from nature that they can't.
但长♥期♥的现代化生活让他们的动手能力严重退化
They don't know how to hunt or swing a hammer
他们不知道如何狩猎 如何使用锤子
Or fix their cars.
或者修理他们的汽车
You mean like these two.
你是说像他俩这样吗
Actually, no. I'm from Vermont
事实上 我会的 我来自佛特蒙州
And Don's a competitive fly fisherman.
而唐是个垂钓高手
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表