I don't have a name tag.
我没有姓名标签
I guess they forgot about me.
我想是他们把我忘了
Well, they got mine wrong.
他们把我的名字写错了
I'm Dotty.
我叫多蒂
I mean I'm not a dotty person.
我不是说我很古怪[Dotty意译为古怪]
That's my name.
那只是我的名字
Hello, Dotty.
多蒂 你好
So there's no reason to be anxious.
没必要紧张
We have to enjoy the fact that
我们要乐于享受
we're all getting paid not to work for a little bit.
偶尔不工作也能拿工资
But don't worry, that's our little secret.
但是别担心 这是我们的小秘密
And I'd like you to think that this is just a bunch of your friends,
你们大家要觉得这只是一伙朋友
as if maybe this is a sorority
就像妇女联谊会一样
Or a bridal shower... with tea.
或者新娘的婚前派对 一杯清茶
Or just a bunch of us celebrating, say,
又或者是我们一群人
Allison's birthday at my apartment.
在我的公♥寓♥庆祝艾莉森的生日
You shouldn't be surprised,
你们不必诧异
looking around the room,
看看这屋子
that we're here to talk about
我们在此谈一谈...
Beauty.
美
What are the things we all do to keep ourselves beautiful
平时我们都怎么保持美丽容颜
or simply to enhance it?
或者使自己更美丽
Please pass a Danish.
麻烦把丹麦点心递给我
You don't have to raise your hand.
大家不必举手 请直接发言
Anyone?
有人来开个头吗
I can say it.
我抛砖引玉一下
I have a routine.
我老是有个习惯
I brush my hair 100 times
就是梳头一百次
Just like I did when I was a little girl,
我还是个小女孩儿的时候就这么做的
But of course only the night before I have it set.
当然只是在我做头发之前
Very cute. Can you imagine?
有意思 你能想象吗
Your financial future's in the hands
你未来的钱途可就掌握在
Of a roomful of 22-year-old girls.
这一屋子二十二岁的女孩儿手上
Not mine.
不是我的
Okay.
好的
Sometimes I watch my weight.
有时候我会注意一下♥体♥重
No one's hungry?
没人想吃吗
I'd like a Danish.
我也想吃丹麦点心
I don't use Pond's if that's what you're asking.
我不用旁氏冷霜 如果你是想问这个的话
Mmm, that's okay.
嗯 不要紧
I'm of French extraction and my mother has beautiful skin.
我有法国血统 我妈妈皮肤很好
She never washes her face.
她从来不洗护皮肤
She's not dirty. She uses water, but nothing else.
当然不是说脏 她只用清水洗脸
And you do what she does?
你跟她一样吗
What does she do?
她具体怎么做的
She stands at the sink and she runs the water
她站在洗脸台前 把水打开
Until it's just the perfect temperature-- not too hot.
把水温调到合适 不能太烫
And she splashes it on her face
然后她把水洒在脸上
And she pats her cheeks with her fingertips.
用指尖轻轻拍打脸部
And she looks at herself?
然后她就照镜子吧
Yes, she does.
是 没错
She's amazing.
她棒极了
I sit at my vanity
我坐在梳妆台前
and I have this night cream--
涂抹晚霜
my boyfriend laughed at me.
我男朋友就笑我
What was so funny about it?
有什么好笑的
It was just, you know, one time.
因为 有一次
At christmas eve we were staying up late
平安夜的时候 我们玩到很晚
And we were playing house, I guess.
好像是在玩过家家
You shouldn't do things for them.
女人不该为男人苦心保养容颜
They don't appreciate it.
他们根本不会感激你的付出
You don't think they appreciate you being beautiful?
你觉得你变漂亮了他们也无动于衷吗
We broke up a year ago.
我们一年前分手了
Actually, I don't know what he noticed,
我不知道他注意到什么了
But it wasn't me, I guess.
但我想肯定不是我
It's worse then they notice, sometimes.
有时候他们注意到你 才更加糟糕
Allison, please continue.
艾莉森 请继续
It-- it's nothing.
没 没什么
Are you in there? Yes.
你在里面吗 在
I asked your girl to inform me of your arrival.
我跟你秘书说了 让你回来了就通知我
She's in that group.
她在开会
Did you speak with Tom?
你和汤姆谈过了吗
I'm sorry. It didn't happen.
不好意思 没谈成
The opportunity passed.
我错过了机会
Well, then we shall endeavor to recreate it.
那我们应该想办法再创造机会
Perhaps lunch today?
今天午饭怎么样
I'm afraid Roger has already informed Pond's
恐怕罗杰已经跟旁氏那边说
that this was attended to.
这件事已经办妥了
That's sloppy.
真够草率的
I have a lunch, but I'm seeing him tonight.
我已经吃了午餐 晚上再约他吧
Dame it.
该死的
Lane.
莱恩
I just found out I'm going to be a father.
我刚知道我要当爸爸了
Well now, that should take the sting out of all of this.
恭喜啊 真是个难得的好消息
I suppose.
我想是的
Uh, I apologize.
抱歉
That's the very best news.
应该是个天大的好消息
Congratulations. Thank you.
祝贺你 谢谢
And I just kept thinking
我一直在想
"Why does he stare at other girls?"
"他为什么要盯着别的女孩看"
Well, men do that, but
当然 男人爱这么做 但
But does he look at me that way?
但他会这样盯着我看吗
And we're not married, so who am I?
而且我们没结婚 那我算什么呢
How the hell did this get so sad so fast?
她们怎么会这么快入戏
Shh! I know I'm speaking for everyone here.
嘘 我知道我说的也是大家的心声
You can't think it has anything to do with how you look, Dotty.
这与你的相貌没有任何关系 多蒂
You can only do your best with what god gave you.
上帝赐给你一张脸 你只能尽力使它好看一些
What about makeup?
那化妆呢
I feel like it doesn't matter what I see.
自己觉得好看没用
It matters what he sees.
他觉得好看才行
I feel like I gave him everything
我感觉我为他付出所有
and I got nothing.
却毫无回报
I could see she was gonna crack.
早料到她会崩溃
Allison?
艾莉森
Are you all right, dear?
亲爱的 你还好吗
It's okay. She'll be all right. Should I
别紧张 她会没事的 我是不是该...
If she wanted to be around us, she would've stayed.
如果她想人陪 就不会走开了
Sarah, what do you do that makes you feel good about the way you look?
莎拉 你是如何让自己自信面对容颜的呢
I feel kind of responsible. Do you mind?
我觉得应该去看看她 可以吗
Is there any kind of ritual?
有什么"独门美容秘笈"吗
I think my strategy was right.
我觉得我的广♥告♥创意是对的
They just want to get married
女人们就想结婚
And they'll buy anything that'll help.
而且不惜在这上面花钱
Are you all right? Oh, it's you.
你没事吧 是你啊
Come with me.
跟我来
People cry in these things all the time-- grown men.
女人总是为了男人伤心流泪
I was in a bunch when I first started working here.
刚来这儿时大家都是这个样子
I'd say half the time somebody cries.
我敢说半数人哭泣都是因为这个原因
Really?
真的吗
I think it just feels good to talk.
跟人谈谈心就没事了
I can't even say anything
我什么都不能说
because I know he's right out there,
因为我知道他就在外面
right through the glass.
就隔着那玻璃坐着
Who?
谁
I don't know how you stand it.
不知道你是怎么熬过来的
The way he turns on the charm one minute
他一下温柔无比
and then yanks it away.
一下又当什么事都没发生过
How can you even talk to him?
你到底怎么跟他交流
Don?
唐
Would you stop it?
别装了行吗
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表