At least there are things I'd like to do
至少还有一些事我非常想去做
One,
第一
Climb mount Kilimanjaro--
去爬乞力马扎罗山
Go anywhere in Africa, actually;
或者去非洲的任何地方都可以
Two, gain a modicum of control over the way I feel.
第二 控制自己的感觉
I want to wake up
我想清醒过来
I don't want to be that man.
我不想再继续消沉
Could you get that to el jefe?
把这杯递给老大
So Mountain Dew-- everything kind of fell apart there.
激浪那边 事情有点不顺
They don't like the work.
他们不喜欢我们的作品
Too bad.
那太糟糕了
Well, somebody showed a couple of bottlers the work
有人把我们的广♥告♥作品拿去给装瓶公♥司♥看了
And they don't like witches brewing things.
他们不太喜欢女巫那个创意
They don't like the occult in general.
他们不喜欢将神秘事物作为广♥告♥噱头
And you told them it's their hillbilly working a still?
然后你告诉他们 原来的乡巴佬广♥告♥依然有市场效应吗
I did, but the fact remains
我说了 但事实是
That in the world of sodie pop
在汽水界里
Pepsi is the tail and the bottlers are the dog.
百事一方独大 影响力足以撼动全局
They just want us to change the drawing.
他们要求我们务必更改广♥告♥图案
Except it's damaged goods.
除了那些次品
They're never gonna want to see that board again.
他们应该不会再想看到之前的广♥告♥作品了
Start over. I did it with Joey.
重做吧 我之前和乔伊一起做的
Do you want Stan to take over?
你想要斯坦来接手吗
You're spreading me awful thin.
我已经忙得抽不开身了
Do you want me to tell Joan to figure it out?
要我去叫琼来想办法解决这个问题吗
"it"? You don't even know what "it" is.
"这个问题"? 你都不知道问题出在哪儿
Miss Blankenship, get Joan in here.
布兰肯希普女士 叫琼过来
She startles when you do that.
你这么大声会吓到她的
I had an uncle who was blind.
我有个叔叔也是瞎子
She's not blind. She's recovering from cataract surgery.
她没瞎 只是还在白内障手术的康复期
What can I do for you?
请问有何贵干
A redo on Mountain Dew.
我们要重做激浪的广♥告♥
I want to make Joey full time for a couple of weeks.
我想让乔伊做为全职员工上几个星期的班
I'd have to double-check on his availability,
我得去问问他有没有其他安排
But are you sure he's the right fit?
你确定他是合适的人选吗
He did the first round. And we're redoing it.
第一次就是他做的 结果现在要重做
It's more complicated than that.
事情有点复杂
Well, this may not be the time or the place to bring this up but...
那个 现在说这个也许有点不合适 但是
What now? I've been hearing complaints about him.
又怎么了 我收到不少对他的投诉
Really? He's not a gentleman with the girls.
真的吗 他对女生不太尊重
Okay. One juicy story?
怎么个不尊重法 说来听听
I'll protect those concerned
我得保护投诉人的隐私
But it involves an extremely blue joke.
我只能说 他乱开下流玩笑
When? It doesn't matter.
什么时候的事 这有关系吗
Fine, you can tell it to me later.
好吧 我们一会儿再谈
Boys will be boys
他总归是个男人嘛
Of course,
当然
But I'm going to call in other books. There's too much to do.
我先去忙别的 事情太多了
I know the joke. This guy's balls are so big
我知道那玩笑 那孩子简直色胆包天
Are we done? Sure.
我们能走了吗 走吧
Can you tell Ray Charles to come in here and clean this up?
能叫雷·查尔斯进来把这里清理一下吗
And as soon as you get to hollywood,
一旦你真正踏足好莱坞
You find out that that myth is--
你就会发现一炮走红并非是神话
Well, it had some truth to it.
而是有事实根据的
There is instant fame.
一夜成名的确存在
What's this have to do with "Peyton Place"?
这和《冷暖人间》有什么关系
Well, we went down to the set
我们去现场探班的时候
And Ryan was doing this scene against another rival--
莱恩正在和一个人对戏
I can't tell you who-- and the guy was awful.
我不能说是谁 但那人烂极了
I start to hear him talk about a young fresh face,
我听到他说想启用新人
Wholesome but a little mischievous.
风度翩翩 但又要诙谐风趣
Am I crazy?
我疯了吗
I don't understand. You want to be an actor?
我没听懂 你想当演员吗
Does that sound like me? That's you.
我像是在说我自己吗 我是在说你
You could do it.
你可以成名的
I know the right people-- maybe not the big screen,
我有一些门路 想当电影明星可能有点困难
But the small screen definitely.
但去拍电视剧绝对没问题
I'm kind of down to earth.
我向来讨厌不切实际的幻想
You're so handsome. I showed them a picture.
你很帅 我给他们看了你的照片
How'd you get a picture?
你怎么会有我的照片
I sent one of those polaroids from the
我把上次圣诞派对的照片
christmas party to Bernie Kowalski.
寄了几张给伯尼·克劳斯基
Mr. Crane, I hate to interrupt you,
克雷恩先生 很抱歉打扰你
But I have Peggy Olson out here looking for Mr. Baird.
但佩奇·奥尔森要找贝尔德先生
Well, thank you for thinking of me.
好吧 谢谢你替我着想
You're too modest, you know that?
你太谦虚了 知道吗
What were you doing in there?
你在里面干嘛
Everyplace I've worked
我每到一个地方工作
there's always some old fairy who comes onto me,
总会有些奇怪的人找上我
but that was the weirdest by far.
但目前为止这个最扯淡
Yes, everybody wants you, Joey.
是啊 大家都喜欢你 乔伊
It happens a lot. What did you do to Joan?
习惯了 你对琼做了什么
I told her off. Well, you shouldn't have.
我让她少管我 你不该这么说的
She's important around here.
她可是这里的大人物
Let me tell you something about the big ragu.
我清楚明白地告诉你
We're creative and she's an overblown secretary.
我们是创意人员 她只是个过气的女秘书
Fine, don't listen to me.
行 你不听拉倒
There's a Joan in every company.
每个公♥司♥都有个琼这样的人
My mother was a Joan,
我妈就和她一样
Always telling everybody what to do.
总是告诉别人该干什么不该干什么
She even wore a pen around her neck
她甚至在脖子上挂了根笔
so people would stare at her tits.
好让人们注意到她的胸部
She's not your mother
她不是你母亲
and she and Lane basically run this place.
而且公♥司♥基本上由她和莱恩在打理
Okay, message received.
好吧 我知道了
Ugh, is it time to go yet?
我能走了吗
Glad you could make it.
很高兴你能来
Well, we were on our way to the theater anyway.
我们早打算去剧院 正好今天顺道过来
Ralph Stuben, this is my wife Betty.
这位是拉尔夫·斯特本 这是我妻子贝蒂
Pleased to meet you. I hope you don't mind.
很高兴认识你 希望你别介意
The congressman wanted me to do this immediately
议员先生迫不及待地想和我商谈公事
And he didn't want me to do it over the phone.
而且强烈要求当面谈
She doesn't mind
她不会介意的
And she's very discreet.
而且她是个很谨慎的女人
That's the curse of a political wife--
这就是当一个政客夫人的宿命
That and having to eat dinner with a lot of people you don't know.
不得不和一堆陌生人一起用餐
Betty's no stranger to public service.
贝蒂很擅长应对社交场合
So what show did you see?
你们看了什么表演
Why don't we get a drink at the bar?
我们先去喝一杯吧
It'll only be a minute.
恐怕还得稍等一会儿
Thank you.
谢谢
So are you a Felix or an Oscar?
你比较像菲利克斯还是奥斯卡
Like most men I'd rather be an Oscar,
和大多数男人一样 我也想当奥斯卡
but I'm probably a Felix.
但我其实更像菲利克斯
Every date feels like a first date with you.
每次和你约会都像第一次一样
Is that good or bad?
这是好事还是坏事啊
It's just I know you must be seeing someone else.
我知道你肯定同时在和别人交往
And don't say no, because it'll just hurt me more.
别否认 那样我只会更伤心
Look, I'm here with you right now.
听着 我现在和你在一起
We're on a date
我们在约会
And I thought we were getting to know each other.
我以为我们已经开始了解对方了
It doesn't just accumulate.
感情不能总是这样缓慢积累
It takes intense, prolonged contact.
应该激烈一点 需要长时间的接触
Don't you want to be close with anyone?
你难道都不想和谁亲近吗
I do.
我想
I know we're from different generations
我知道我们两个之间有代沟
But I'm going to need more from you.
但我需要你付出更多一点
We are from different generations,
我们的确有代沟
Because I don't remember women pushing this hard.
因为我的印象中 女人从来不这么主动
And I'm not seeing anyone.
而且我没有和别的女人约会
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表