First I want to assure you
首先我向你保证
that no one at my agency knows about this meeting.
公♥司♥里没人知道我们这次会面
I appreciate that. I'm here to help.
有劳你费心了 我来这儿就是为你排忧的
I have my own thoughts,
我有一些想法
but how would you describe your...
但是你有何...
well, your current frustrations?
...眼下之忧
During the war, Heinz was all about beans,
在战争期间 豆制品是亨氏的主打产品
but now, obviously, ketchup is king.
但是现在 明显番茄酱成了主打
I'm happy for the company,
我为公♥司♥感到高兴
but I'm afraid we've become the fading older sister.
但是我担心我们成了明日黄花
So ketchup, chili sauce and soup
总的来说 番茄酱 辣椒酱和汤的广♥告♥
end up over at D.D.B.
交给了恒美广♥告♥公♥司♥来做
And vinegar, sauces and beans end up at Ketchum MacLeod.
醋 酱汁和豆制品广♥告♥则交给了凯麦广♥告♥公♥司♥
I don't know why I'm disappointed,
我不知道我为何如此失望
I asked for straightforward.
我要求他们有所长进
I just thought they would talk me out of it.
我以为他们能让我满意 消除我的担忧
They obviously don't know what kind of client you are.
他们明显不了解你是哪类用户
Well, I've been working a long time.
我在商场上已经摸爬滚打很多年了
I know that despite the public's imagination,
我明白不管消费者怎么想
food is cyclical. I don't mean seasonal.
食品是有周期的 我指的不是季节周期
But I mean literally there's a time for beans
我的意思是 某些时间段豆制品很畅销
and there's a time for ketchup.
另一些时间段 番茄酱则成了宠儿
But I don't have that time,
但是我没有时间去等
so I want to force the issue...
所以我想扭转销♥售♥周期
You know, something inventive.
你知道的 利用创意的火花
Humor worked with pickles,
将幽默手法用于泡菜广♥告♥大获成功
but pickles are funny.
确立了泡菜的滑稽形象
The way beans are funny, we can't use that.
但我们不能依法炮制豆制品的广♥告♥
We have to fight it, actually.
实际上 豆类广♥告♥应该杜绝这种幽默
Well, it's very possible
很有可能
that Heinz beans don't need to be funny,
亨氏的豆制品不需要滑稽的形象
because they're a food, not a condiment.
因为大豆是食品 不是调味品
They're substantial. You know,
是一种实实在在的物质 你知道的
I'd love to have that conversation.
我也想继续和你谈下去
and the reason I agreed to meet with you is
我之所以答应和你见面
because I hoped it would spark something,
是因为我希望得到一些灵感
and maybe six to eight months
或许6到8个月以后
from now you can call me with a humdinger.
你可以为我带来一个绝佳的创意
How about six days?
给我6天怎么样
No. No, this is my point.
不 不 问题的关键在于
I want to move, but there's a lot that goes with it.
我也想做出改变 但是要牵扯的东西太多了
There's a breaking-in period... that's months.
各方的磨合期 可能要几个月
That's true but... I'm sorry to be so blunt,
这样说没错 但是 恕我直言
but I don't know that your company will be here in six months.
但我不知道你们公♥司♥6个月以后还在不在
I do.
我保证还在
That's what I'm hoping.
真如此则甚好
That's why my answer is not "No,"
所以我没有一口拒绝与你的合作
It's just "Not now."
只是现在谈合作 为时尚早
So where's the harm in coming in and hearing some ideas?
那么你来听听我们的创意也不碍事吧
Because I can't afford to move my business
因为我不能冒险让自己的公♥司♥
A third time in two years. I just can't.
在两年内换三次广♥告♥代理商 真的不能
I see. So that's where we are.
我懂了 那么今天到此为止
Hold on.
请留步
Raymond, I will have an exciting idea.
雷曼德 我会想出有创意的点子
I happen to know that.
这点我很清楚
Would a discounted commission
如果我们给你一些折扣
make up for the break-in period?
会有助于你们度过磨合期吗
I bet I could get a date with your mother right now.
我虽年迈 但魅力不减 约到你母亲不成问题
Well, you can see why I don't want to let this go.
你应该明白 我不能轻易放弃你这样的客户
Look, Don, you're a hell of an idea man,
听着 唐 你是创意大♥师♥
But let the account boys do this part.
这种事 应该让客户部的人来做
I wish you the best of luck.
祝你一切顺利
Thank you. It was really great to meet you.
谢谢 很高兴与您会面
Excuse me, waiter.
服务员 请过来一下
Sally, Bobby!
萨丽 博比
You're filthy.
先去洗手
Can I take it away from him?
我能把他的勺子拿掉吗
The spoon or the screaming... take your pick.
听他敲还是听他哭闹 你看着办吧
I want two hot dogs.
我要两个热狗
Your eyes are bigger than your stomach.
别贪心 能吃多少吃多少
How come we never eat with Henry?
我们怎么从来没和亨利一起吃过饭
First of all, he works until late
首先 他工作到很晚
and you're always saying "I'm hungry."
而且你们一直闹肚子饿
Second of all, you don't eat the same food.
其次 你们吃的东西也不一样
I'll try new food.
我可以尝试点新的食物
Would you like to eat with Henry?
你想和亨利一起吃饭吗
Why don't Bobby and Gene eat first
我们可以让博比和吉恩先吃
and I'll wait to eat with you and Henry?
然后我等着你和亨利一起吃
Okay.
好吧
Let me think about it.
让我考虑下
Okay.
好吧
You're paying me to assess your situation,
你们雇我来评估你们现在的经营状况
but I could've told you from three blocks away
但是我可以清楚明白地告诉你们
that signing new business... no matter what the size...
签下新客户 不管大小
is of the essence.
才是你们的当务之急
Not only because your billings have shrunk by 50%,
不仅仅因为你们的代理额锐减了50%
but because there's not much time before you'll be perceived
而是因为再过不久 你们就会被外界认为是
as stagnant...
停滞不前了
Worse, decaying.
甚至 是在衰退
Listen, doctor, we know there's a black spot on the X-ray.
听着 博士 我们都很清楚公♥司♥目前的困难之处
You don't have to keep tapping your finger on it.
你也不必一直戳我们的痛处吧
I recommend that you do what you do best...
我建议你们做你们最擅长做的广♥告♥
Cigarettes. You understand the F.T.C.
香烟广♥告♥ 你们了解联邦贸易委员会的规矩
You understand the surgeon general.
也深知卫生局的行事风格
You have a team in place
你们有现成的团队
with account management and media expertise
精通客户管理以及媒体策划
which is up and running.
这些都运作正常
And, of course, you have Don.
当然 你们还有唐
You are a certain kind of girl,
你们好比这样一种女子
and tobacco is your ideal boyfriend.
烟草是你们的理想男友
Can you get us a date?
那您可以当回月老吗
Philip Morris is introducing a new brand for young women,
菲利普·莫里斯公♥司♥正准备生产一款年轻女士专用香烟
hoping to have it on the market in 18 months,
希望18个月之后将其推向市场
And they'd like a new agency on it from the ground floor.
他们希望能有一家新广♥告♥公♥司♥全权代理
How much is it? Close to $5 million.
生意额有多大 接近500万
It's a start.
东山再起的大好机会
Wonderful.
很好
And what stage of the process has your influence bought us?
那么您的影响力会为我们带来怎样的好处
A meeting.
与他们会晤的机会
No one else has one.
其他公♥司♥做梦也没有这样的好事儿
We will listen more than we will speak.
那我们就悉听尊便
Like a good girlfriend.
这才是模范女友
Sounds great. I concur.
听起来不错 我同意
All I'm saying is we should
我认为我们应该
be going after something as big as what we had.
追寻像以前那样的大资客户
It'd cost a fortune to pursue
冒进是要付出代价的
when one is in review.
我们还处在恢复期
They're impossible to pry away.
有些事情只能慢慢面对
Our day-to-day payroll will be beyond us by the next billing cycle.
我们在下个结算期就付不起工资了
We should start thinking about reducing staff
我们该开始考虑裁员了
And subletting the square footage.
还有 把办公场地租一些出去
Why even have an office?
我们还要办公室干嘛
Why don't we just work out of a cab?
干脆在出租车上办公算了
And where does that leave me?
那我该怎么办
Trying to get my calls returned
靠赛可通便剂的购买♥♥力
with all the buying power of Secor Laxative?
决定我到底能不能收到那些人的回电吗
We gave him Don and a finder's fee.
我们付他中间人佣金 还让唐供他差遣
He should've aimed higher.
他应该找个更大的客户才对
I just left Geyer for this.
我离开盖尔广♥告♥公♥司♥投奔到这儿
Do you think those clients are in love with me?
你们以为我手上那些客户非我不要吗
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表