"Greyhound. The cure for the common bus."
"灰狗巴士 引领巴士业的革命"
"Lay-z-boy. The cure for the common chair."
"懒汉躺椅 引领座椅业的革命"
"Budweiser. The cure for the common beer."
"百威啤酒 引领啤酒业的革命"
"Manufacturers Hanover Bank.
"汉华实业银行
The cure for the common... Bank."
引领 银行业的革命"
How about "Alka-seltzer. The cure for the common cold"?
那阿卡赛尔感冒药呢 引领感冒药的革命吗
"The cure for the common cold"
"引领感冒药的革命"
Is the idiom I'm playing off.
我力图用这个习语为广♥告♥语增色
It's an idiom. Did you know that?
是个习语吗 你知道吗
So other than your summer internship at Needham,
那么 除了在恒美广♥告♥公♥司♥的暑期实习
do you have any actual advertising experience?
你还有没有广♥告♥方面的相关经验
The cure for the common chair.
"引领座椅业的革命"
That's Roger's favorite.
罗杰对这条广♥告♥语赞赏有加
Roger Sterling.
罗杰·斯特林
He's the guy I shook hands with when I came in.
我进来的时候还和他握了手呢
What did Roger think of this ad?
罗杰觉得这个广♥告♥怎么样
What, are you kidding me? Everybody loves that.
什么 你开玩笑吧 大家都喜欢这条广♥告♥
It's the opposite of what you expect.
出人意料 独特新奇
That's what I'm interested in.
我就希望制♥作♥这样的广♥告♥
Why is it in your book?
你为何将这些广♥告♥夹在书里
I've got a bunch of them in there--
类似的我还有很多
Marlboro Man, Maidenform.
万宝路香烟广♥告♥ 美顿芳内衣广♥告♥
I like to put in work that I admire.
我喜欢搜集我喜欢的作品
Don't you ever tear things out of magazines?
你们从来不从杂♥志♥上面撕广♥告♥吗
Yes, but I don't put them in my book.
会撕 但从不夹在自己收藏本里
Well, you know what they say:
有句话是这么说的
"Aspiration's as good as perspiration."
雄伟的抱负与辛勤的汗水一样重要
That's not how it goes.
我不敢苟同
Look,
听着
I'm a 24-year-old kid.
我是个24岁的新人
I want to be in the ad game.
一心想投入广♥告♥业
I know I've got a lot to learn, but I'm a hard worker.
我知道任重道远 但是我勤奋刻苦
I'd sweep up the floors around here.
我甚至愿意在此打杂扫地
I don't know if Roger told you that.
我不知道罗杰有没有跟你说到这个
He did talk to you, didn't he?
他有跟你打过招呼吧
He did.
是的
It was really a pleasure to meet you, Danny.
很高兴能见到你 丹尼
I wish you the best of luck. Best of luck in...in what?
祝你好运 什么好运 哪方面的
What do you mean? You trailed off.
你什么意思 你刚已经拒绝我了
We'll let you know.
我们到时会通知你结果的
Do you know a good place to eat around here?
你知道这附近有什么好餐厅吗
Tell my secretary you're hungry
跟我秘书说你饿了
and see what she suggests.
看她给你什么建议
I don't work for you.
我又不是你的下属
Are we on "Candid Camera"?
我们这是在做《偷♥拍♥》真人秀吗
I don't want to jump on his grave or anything,
我不想对他落井下石 幸灾乐祸
But there's no way he's 24.
但是他绝对不止24
I'm 25.
我都25了
What's his connection to Roger?
他和罗杰什么关系
Besides being delusional?
你是说除了异想天开的后台关系吗
He's Jane Seigel's cousin.
他是简·西格尔的堂兄
It's a relief to see someone worse than me and really know it.
看到有人还不如我 真是如释重负
Don't get used to it.
不要习惯于这种自满
Well, you know, I look at Glo-coat
你知道吗 我看着彩衣地板蜡的广♥告♥
and see how far everything's come--
看到自己一路走来所取得的进步
You know, my work.
我是说 我的作品
Glo-coat.
彩衣地板蜡
You finish something, you find out everyone loves it
当你完成某件作品 发现众人也都十分喜爱
right around the time that it feels like someone else did it.
但这时你又觉得 成就似乎属于别人
Is that your speech for the Clios?
这就是你为克里奥广♥告♥奖准备的演讲词吗
They don't have speeches.
颁奖仪式不设演讲环节
We're going to win.
我们会一举夺魁的
Just because it got nominated
我的作品获得提名
doesn't mean they're going to give me an award.
并不意味着他们一定会给我颁奖
Aren't you excited?
你现在一定很激动吧
I try not to think about it.
我尽量不去想这事儿
Then you must be excited.
那你一定是很激动
Well, it'd be good for the agency.
得奖至少对公♥司♥有好处
Grey doubled their value in five years
精信广♥告♥公♥司♥在五年内市值翻倍
and it was all based on awards.
就因为他们得了克里奥奖
You got anything on Vicks?
维克斯广♥告♥有进展吗
Actually, it's Vick Chemical.
严格来说 是维克制药公♥司♥
Answer the question.
直接回答问题就是了
We're very behind.
进度十分落后
Your new art director has been waiting for synchronicity,
你聘请的新美指 工作态度十分被动
which involves me coming up with a bunch of ideas,
他要等我想出一些广♥告♥创意
chasing him down
然后找到他
and having him draw all of them and lose them.
让他全部画出来 再剔除掉不合适的
He's your new art director too, and you have a deadline.
他也是你的美指 而且你的工作是有规定期限的
And don't think you can spend Monday
不要以为你周一交不出作品
hiding behind corners and trying not to make eye contact.
躲在角落里避免与我对视 就万事大吉了
I will find you.
我会找到你的
I'm not the problem. You are,
问题不在我身上 就在你身上
because Stan is talented and more experienced.
斯坦才华横溢 经验更加丰富
You need to learn how to work with him, not the other way around.
你得学会如何适应他 而不是让他来适应你
Well, good luck this afternoon.
那么 祝你下午好运
You're not supposed to say that.
你不应该这么说的
Oh. Well, break a leg.
总之 祝你好运[俚语]
Charlie Chaplin was very lonely.
查理·卓别林太寂寞了
That tramp-- too much of a sad sack.
他那流浪汉形象 太不中用了
Laurel and Hardy-- they were better,
劳莱与哈代要好一点
Except Hardy was so mean to Laurel. I hated that.
除了哈代对劳莱太刻薄了 我不喜欢
Why am I talking about silent movies?
我♥干♥嘛要谈无声电影呢
I suppose as part of the chapter on your childhood?
我想那应该是你童年记忆的一部分吧
That part of my book is getting bigger and bigger.
关乎童年的回忆一日胜过一日
Why is that?
为何会这样呢
Who is it?
哪位
I thought I should come in and tell you this in person.
我想我应该亲自过来告诉你
That kid-- a very very cute prank.
那小子 简直是胡闹嘛
Caroline-- to be continued.
卡罗琳 刚刚的话题下次接着聊
That's a good idea.
你很聪明嘛
I've been to the Clios before.
我以前参加过克里奥颁奖典礼
We're gonna want to show up prepared.
我们一定要准备充分 体面地出席
His book...
他的收藏本
...It was filled with old ads.
里面贴满了老广♥告♥
Plagiarism-- that's resourceful.
剽窃嘛 天下广♥告♥随便抄
He had five originals--
他有五个原创广♥告♥
They were all the same thing. I told him to be himself.
全部一个样 我告诉他要展现自我
That was pretty mean, I guess.
他哪有什么自我 我真是太刻薄了
So when does he start? The first of never.
他什么时候开始工作 世界末日吧
Well, you haven't been married for a while,
你离婚已经很长时间了
So you've probably forgotten how these transactions work.
你可能忘了其中的利害关系
If I don't hire Jane's cousin,
如果我不雇佣简的堂兄
It's probably going to cost me a personal gift expenditure
为了讨好她 我可能得大出血 买♥♥份礼物
of between $500 and $1,000.
大概五百到一千美元吧
When are we leaving? Right after Life Cereal.
我们什么时候出发 新生活麦片的会议之后
To new business...
祝财源滚滚...
And victory at the Waldorf.
在华尔道夫酒店的颁奖仪式上大获全胜
I mean it. You deserve it.
我说真的 你受之无愧
So I can s show you what's popular, what's unique,
我可以向你介绍流行款和个性款
and the only thing I ask is that you call me Don.
但我只要求你一件事 叫我唐就行
Well, Don, I can't say I know my furs that well.
好吧 唐 我必须承认 我对皮草不是很了解
I know my mother had a chinchilla--
我知道我母亲有一件栗鼠皮大衣
I was always on the verge of a romantic relationship with it.
我总是幻想那就是我的爱人
Is this for your mother?
是给你母亲买♥♥的吗
I bet you never hear that.
你一定没见过儿子给母亲买♥♥的吧
I don't. Would you like to give me a price range?
的确 您大概想要什么价位的
Well, that's an interesting question. I have a unique problem.
这个问题有意思 我有个特殊问题
I need to spend a lot but be careful not to spend too much.
衣服的价位不能太低 但又不能太高
Not a unique problem. I don't want to be forward,
这可算不上特殊问题 我不想多管闲事
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表