You're the most hirable man on Madison Avenue.
你是麦迪逊大道最炙手可热的广♥告♥人
I'm not at that point yet.
还没到跳槽的地步吧
Okay.
好吧
Where's Trudy? Her mother's got her all worked up.
特鲁迪呢 她妈妈带她出去走动走动
She made such a stink.
她在这儿坐立不安
And that thing's at least another day away.
估计还有好几天才能生
Can I see her?
我可以见她吗
Have you been drinking?
你是不是喝酒了
You need to calm down.
你得冷静下来
I was at a ballgame when Trudy was born.
特鲁迪出生的时候 我还在看球赛呢
Go about your business.
去忙公事去吧
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Could I speak with you candidly?
我能跟你坦白说吗
Always. I'd like to think I'm more to you than a typical father-in-law.
当然 我很希望对你来说我不只是岳父而已
You are. That's the problem. It's about business.
的确 这就是问题所在 是关于业务的
There's no business in here, son.
现在不谈公事 孩子
We may have lost Lucky Strike.
我们可能失去幸福时光香烟了
I'm sure this agency was a thrill,
我就知道新公♥司♥只是昙花一现
but you've had your folly.
你一时失误才会选择加入
That's not right, Tom.
不是那样的 汤姆
I haven't stayed at Vick Chemical for 28 years because I love it.
我留在维克制药28年 不是因为我爱那里
It's because I have a family.
而是因为我要养家糊口
Any minute here, you will too.
很快 你将面临同样的境况
This still can work. I'm not rooting against you.
公♥司♥或许可以度过难关啊 我没说不行啊
You've got my account, for god's sake.
无论如何 你还手握我这个客户呢
It's just...
只是
You're a frequent topic at C.G.C.
在C.G.C广♥告♥公♥司♥ 大家常提到你
Apparently you were a tough act to follow
显然 你的工作成绩是他们望尘莫及的
when we moved Clearasil over there.
克利拉思转到那边以后立刻暴露无遗
Ted Chaough? I hate him.
泰德·赵吗 我很讨厌他
He's a good guy.
他是个好人
He's not interested in me. He's just trying to hobble Don.
他并非真的对我有兴趣 他只是想借机让唐难堪
There's no reward in going down with the ship.
同归于尽无利益 识时务者为俊杰
I have an agency. I'm a partner.
公♥司♥也有我的一部分 我是合伙人
I found him.
我找到他了
He was down at the candy machines dozed off.
他在糖果机那里打瞌睡
Can I see her? No.
我可以见她吗 不行
She finally went to sleep.
她好不容易睡了
Why don't you just go back to the candy machines and we'll wait?
不如你再回糖果机那里打个盹儿 我们继续等
I'm sorry about that.
我很抱歉
The air conditioning guy's supposed to be there at 8:00.
冷气工人应该八点会到
I guess I'll see you then.
期待下次再会
You don't want me to go?
你不希望我走吗
I want you to do whatever you usually do.
你就像平常一样过日子就行了
Hey, I don't usually do anything.
我平常什么都不做
Really?
真的吗
Can't you tell by how badly I'm leaving?
你看不出我不擅长离别吗
I'm not letting you leave.
我不会让你离开的
What about your air?
你的冷气怎么办
You're unbelievable.
你简直让人欲罢不能
I'm sorry. I'm not usually like this.
真抱歉 我通常不是这样的
Hello? I just walked out of there.
你好 我刚走出他的办公室
It's over.
没救了
I see. Since his father got sick,
我知道了 自从他父亲病了之后
the board took over. There's no point in talking to them.
权力都落到董事会手里 跟他们谈纯粹是浪费时间
He said we did good work.
他说我们的广♥告♥做的非常出色
Our clients need to hear this from us.
这话应该说给我们的客户听
I know, Bert. Don't wait for me.
我知道 伯特 别等我了
I'm standing by Lee's receptionist.
我正站在李公♥司♥的接待处
I didn't want to have to pay for the long-distance call.
我可不想付长途电♥话♥费
Very well then.
很好
Lane Pryce isn't coming back.
莱恩·普莱斯不会回来了
That's my guess.
我猜是宣布这事儿
I think they'd do that in a memo.
那种小事 根本不会如此劳师动众
I got $5 that says Cooper's retiring.
我出五块 赌库珀要宣布退休
No champagne?
没有香槟吗
I'd say he's got cancer.
我猜他可能得了癌症
It's in bigger print now.
字体都放大了
Everyone? If we could have your attention, please?
各位请安静 有要事宣布
Bert.
伯特
"We have called this meeting of our nearest and dearest
此次召集全体员工共同出席大会
to let you know of a change in the agency.
旨在通知公♥司♥的一项巨变
After 30 years of consummate service,
经过30年的愉快合作
American tobacco has reluctantly decided
美国烟草公♥司♥艰难地做出决定
to consolidate their business
实行业务大合并
at Batten, Barton, Durstine and Osborn".
并将所有广♥告♥业务转投天联公♥司♥
Damn it.
该死
"So what does this mean to you?"
这对各位来说意味着什么呢
Now Donald Draper partner, creative director.
现在有请唐纳德·德雷柏 公♥司♥合伙人 创意总监
Pete Campbell and Ken Cosgrove
皮特·坎贝尔跟肯·科斯格罗夫
will handle calls to clients.
会负责打电♥话♥给客户
Those are the only calls we want made with this news.
除了他们 这一消息我们将不对任何人泄露
Now we've had a pretty good year.
公♥司♥本年度业绩蒸蒸日上
We've gained more accounts than we've lost, a lot more,
我们争取到的新客户 比失去的旧客户多的多
Because our work is thoughtful and effective--
因为我们的广♥告♥作品构思新颖 效果显著
Even Lucky Strike said so
连幸福时光都这么说
which means that nothing should change.
这意味着一切仍将如常
Nothing will change.
不会有任何改变
We're gonna push ourselves shoulder to shoulder
我们将一起肩并肩度过这个难关
and we're gonna overcome this and succeed tenfold
取得比以前更辉煌的成就
and it will be exhilarating.
最终的胜利必将鼓舞人心
Joe?
乔
As Don said, nothing is going to change.
如唐所说 一切如常
There's only a small modification in policy.
但公♥司♥规章制度上会做一些小调整
Anything out of the ordinary
一切特殊事件
must be approved by myself, Joan Harris or Lane Pryce.
必须征询我 琼·哈里斯和莱恩·普莱斯的意见
and that said, inquiries as to paychecks and advances...
比如 薪资或是升迁之类的事宜
What's going on? That's the head of accounting.
发生什么事了 那是会计部领导
What do you think's going on?
你觉得发生了什么事
Any questions?
有任何问题请现在提出
Nothing?
没有吗
Okay. If you want to talk to me individually,
好吧 如果有人想私下里找我谈谈
I'll be in my office.
我在办公室恭候
What happened? We lost Lucky Strike.
出什么事了 我们失去了幸福时光
Jesus.
天啊
But it sounds like everything's under control.
但听起来一切似乎还在掌控之中
I've got to go to a meeting.
我得去参加个会议
Peggy, Freddy, Danny, Stan-- in my office.
佩奇 弗雷迪 丹尼 斯坦 来我办公室
We're in some trouble here.
公♥司♥现在有大♥麻♥烦了
Creative needs to be on its toes.
创意人员要引起警惕
Is it a "Last hired, last fired" Sort of thing?
一旦要开除员工 是不是会拿新人开刀
You're in this room. That's all I can say.
至少现在还没开除你 我只能这么说
Now, myself and the other partners,
我和公♥司♥其他合伙人
will be out there beating the bushes for new business,
会去积极寻找新客户
But creative's job is to hold on to what we have.
而创意人员的任务就是留住老客户
That means client's ideas should seem better than they normally do.
也就是说 我们要比平常更重视客户的意见
For the next few weeks the only words you know
接下来的几周 你们必须面对客户时只能说
Are "Yes, sir." yes, sir.
遵命 先生 遵命 先生
That means, Stan,
这意味着 斯坦
you babysit that Samsonite shoot every day.
你必须每天去监督新秀丽的广♥告♥拍摄工作
Peggy, the Playtex presentation is still set for tomorrow.
佩奇 倍得适的广♥告♥展示将在明天如期举♥行♥
I'll bring in my notes. I can prep you in 10 minutes.
我去拿我的笔记 大概在10分钟后可以做简报
No. You're still gonna do it.
不 还是由你来做
It'll look desperate if I'm suddenly involved.
如果我突然参与 会让他们觉得公♥司♥已经穷途末路了
So what about it then? Be successful.
那该怎么做呢 只许成功 不许失败
I'm not worried.
我一点都不担心
Okay. Let's skip the gossip out there.
好了 废话不多说了
Get to work.
都去忙吧
Peggy?
佩奇
you're not worried?
你不担心吗
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表