It's my two-year-old's birthday,
今天是我两岁儿子的生日
but I'm not going.
但是我不能去
Why not?
为什么
Because I'm not welcome there.
因为我在那儿不受待见
He thinks that man's his father.
他以为那个男人是他父亲
Maybe that's okay.
也许没什么大不了的
All he knows of the world is what you show him.
他能见识这个世界 要感激的人应该是你
Oh, that's nice.
味道挺不错嘛
I know I've sometimes behaved to the contrary,
我知道我有时候跟你对着干
but I do admire your work.
但是我对你的工作十分敬重
That's nice to hear.
很高兴听你这么说
So tell me a trade secret.
给我透露一点行业秘密吧
How do you get them to do what you want them to do?
你是如何让人们按照你的意愿做事的
Aesop has a fable about the wind and the sun.
伊索有一则关于风和太阳的寓言
The wind and the sun had this competition
有一天风和太阳要一较高下
to see if they could get a traveler's coat off.
看谁能脱掉一个旅人的外套
So the wind blows fiercely on him,
于是风对着那个旅人猛烈地吹
but the traveler just pulls his coat tighter.
但那个旅人把衣服越裹越紧
But the sun shines down on him,
但是太阳对着那个旅人照射
warmer and warmer,
越来越热
and the traveler just takes it off.
然后旅人就自己把衣服脱掉了
And the moral is?
那么寓意是什么
Kindness, gentleness and persuasion win
友好 温和 劝告 可以大获全胜
where force fails.
强迫却无济于事
You know, Aesop did that in probably 10 lines.
你知道伊索可能只用10行就写完了这个故事
He's very economical.
他总是惜字如金
So what you're saying is you want my coat.
那你意思是说 你想要我的外套
72nd and Broadway.
百老汇大街和第72大道交汇处
Thank you.
谢谢
Where do you live?
你住哪儿
Only around the corner.
很快就到了
Really?
是吗
Yes.
是的
But I'm just going to take you to your door.
但是我只把你送到门口
And why is that?
为什么呢
Because that's as far as I can go right now
因为目前我只能到此为止
and I'm not ready to say good night.
我还没有准备好说晚安
That's not what I expected.
我想要的可不是这个
Hello, Francine. Hello, Don.
你好 弗朗辛 你好 唐
Daddy!
爸爸
What's he doing here?
他来这儿干什么
It's okay.
没事的
Here you go. Say hi to daddy.
来 向爸爸问好
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
We have everything.
我们拥有一切
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表