我向法庭提了动议让我来做
Aaron opposed it, but he agreed to do whatever the judge said.
亚伦反对 但他同意不管法官怎么说他就怎么做
Appears that Aaron has changed his mind.
看来亚伦改变了主意
What if...
如果
They discover something? I mean, it could happen.
他们发明了什么 我的意思是 这有可能发生
I am not a horrible person, Mr. Barba.
我不是个坏人 巴尔巴先生
If it wasn't the only thing to do...
如果这不是唯一可以做的事
His doctors say that he has no brain activity.
他的医生说他的大脑没有任何活动迹象了
He is a lump of flesh.
他不过是一块肉
My beautiful lump of flesh,
我的一块漂亮的肉
he should get the peace
他理应得到平静
that we all deserve.
我们都应该得到
He can't see. He can't hear.
他看不见 听不见
I mean, go. Go look at him.
你去看一看他
He is all but dead already.
他其实已经死了
You saw him.
你见过他
You can't tell me...
你不能告诉我
That he's nothing.
他什么都不是
Glad I'm not the judge.
很庆幸我不是法官
Maybe I'll stay a cop.
也许我会继续做警♥察♥
It's not right that a guy like that goes to prison.
让这样的一个人去坐牢是不对的
Well, the law says it is.
但是 法律说他应该坐牢
Sometimes the law sucks.
有时候法律糟透了
I concur.
我同意
You think we should lock him up?
你们觉得我应该把他关起来吗
My dad always said he wasn't scared of being dead,
我爸总说他不惧怕死亡
he was scared of dying.
他只是害怕等死
That kid is dying every day.
这个孩子每天都在等死
He's taking his folks with him.
他的父母和他一起在等死
She wants to talk to him.
她想和他说话
Come on.
来吧
I just... I couldn't.
我只是 我不能
I know.
我知道
Aaron.
亚伦
Christ.
天哪
Nobody's forcing you to prosecute.
没人逼你提起诉状
If I don't, I'm telling the world
如果我不起诉 我就是在昭告天下
that baby Drew has no rights.
德鲁宝宝没有人♥权♥
What about his right to die?
那他死亡的权利呢
Unfortunately, that's not in the Constitution.
很不幸 宪法里没有这条
Okay, uh, let's find out
好吧 让我们查一下
if daddy's little excursion yesterday
昨天爸爸带他去玩的这一圈
caused the baby any harm.
有没有给他造成伤害
So you can let Aaron go with a clear conscience.
这样你就有良知可以放亚伦走
So I can prosecute, and maybe get some sleep
这样我就可以起诉 也许在未来的十来年里
in the next decade or so.
还能睡得着觉
Oh, I was just coming to say hi.
我就是来打个招呼
My first wife made me promise
我的第一任妻子让我发誓
to never eat at my desk.
绝对不在办公桌上吃饭
I thought it was good advice.
我觉得这是个好建议
Sit.
坐
I just wanted to thank you for your kind words yesterday.
我就是想感谢你昨天的那些美言
All of them true. All of them heartfelt.
都是真话 都是出自我的真心
Sit.
坐吧
Eat. I'm good.
吃吗 不用
This is still my jurisdiction
这里依旧是我的管辖区
and people do what I say, or they pay the price.
人们得按我说的做 不然就要付出代价
It was a wonderful service.
昨天的仪式办的很好
Although I did think it was odd
虽然我觉得奇怪
that none of your dad's family members spoke.
你父亲的家庭成员没有一个上台发言
I'm the only family member left.
我是剩下的唯一一个家庭成员
Res ipsa loquitur.
不言而喻
We didn't speak that much when he was alive,
他活着的时候我们也不怎么说话
so I figured, what good will it do now?
所以我觉得 现在说还有什么意义
It must've been tough growing up with Saint Ben.
被圣人本带大一定很艰难
A great man is not necessarily a good one.
伟人不一定是一个好人
Did you know, that he had everybody over to his place
你知道吗 当你第一次投球时
the first time you pitched?
他把所有人都请去了他家
I thought his heart stopped
我认为他的心跳都停止了
when that bastard ruined your no-hitter.
当那个混♥蛋♥毁了你的无安打赛局
I think he secretly became a Cubs fan.
我觉得他偷偷成为了小熊队的球迷
That's treason. That's what I told him.
那是背叛 我也是这么告诉他的
He had the Chicago Law Journal
他订了芝加哥法律杂♥志♥
delivered to his desk every day.
每天送到他的办公桌上
He scoured it looking for your name.
他翻一遍来找你的名字
I wish he would've said something.
我真希望他说过什么
There's always a spot here for you, Peter.
这里永远有你的一席之地 彼得
I appreciate that, but I'm only staying
非常感谢 但我只待到
long enough to settle my dad's affairs.
把我父亲的后事处理好
You give Mark Jefferies my best,
给马克·杰弗里斯带去我的问候
and tell him we still have better hot dogs.
告诉他还是我们这里的热狗更好吃
We don't pay you to think, we pay you to work.
我们雇你来不是思考的 是来工作的
Sure, I'll have one.
当然了 我也来一杯
You know, I always wish the law was more like chemistry.
我总是希望法律像化学一样
You heat up water to 212 degrees,
把水加热到一百摄氏度
and the son of a bitch boils.
这个混♥蛋♥就完了
Sans bias, sans judgment.
没有偏见 没有评判
Sans conscience.
没有良心
So what's so interesting out that window?
窗外有什么有趣的东西
My father...
我的父亲
Almost seven years ago, Dad went into a diabetic coma,
大约七年前 我父亲糖尿病发作昏迷了
and he was on life support for six weeks.
有六周的时间他靠设备维持生命
Ah, I'm sorry. No, don't be.
很抱歉 不 不用
He was not well-liked. By anyone.
他不招人喜爱 谁都不喜欢他
Especially me.
尤其我
Still, I was at the hospital every morning before work,
即便如此 我每天早上上班前都去医院
and every night, until the nurses threw me out.
每天晚上也去 直到护士把我赶出来
The doctors said that there was nothing they could do for him.
医生告诉我说已经回天乏术
There was no brain activity.
他没有大脑活动了
They highly recommended that we end it.
医生们强烈建议我们结束他的生命
And I said, "No."
我说「不行」
Where there's life, there's hope."
「只要还活着 就有希望」
I could've eased his suffering, but I didn't.
我原本可以减轻他的痛苦 但我没有
And I told myself that it's because
我告诉自己 这是因为
Father Mike wouldn't approve.
麦克神父不批准
I'm sure he wouldn't. I was selfish.
我想他也不会 我很自私
I hated the man.
我恨我父亲
But still, I didn't want the burden
尽管这样 我仍旧不希望
of being the reason that he took his last breath.
他咽气是因为他变成了负担
I was selfish.
我太自私
I let him suffer.
我任由他受罪
Prosecute Aaron Householder.
起诉亚伦·豪斯霍尔德
For doing the same thing that I did to my dad?
原因是我对我父亲做了同样的事吗
The law is what the statute says it is.
法律是有明文规定的
It's a shame.
很遗憾
No matter how hard we try, we can't legislate morality.
不管我们有多努力 我们无法给道德立法
We're not in the compassion business, Rafael.
我们不是用同情心来做这一行的 拉斐尔
Sure.
是啊
Why not?
为什么不呢
Cut a deal.
跟他达成协议
Offer him probation.
给他缓刑
Go to church.
去教堂
Say three Hail Marys.
念三遍圣母经
Then come back here and finish off that bottle.
再回来把那瓶酒干掉
I thought Aaron would be here.
我以为亚伦会在这里
Uh, he just went out for coffee.
他刚出去喝咖啡了
I love to just look at him.
我喜欢就这样看着他
He's beautiful.
他真美
Yeah. Yeah.
是啊 是的
He is.
他很美
We heard from the judge today.
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表