然而我所崇拜所信任的老师
and a teacher that I looked up to,
占了我的便宜
that I trusted, took advantage of me.
你还记得这个吗 卡尔老师
Do you remember this, Mr. Karr?
杰森
Jason?
我留着它以提醒自己我们间发生的事情
I saved it as a reminder of what happened between us.
申请排除这句证词 答非所问
Move to strike. This is not responsive.
现在休庭
We're in recess.
请给她提供点医疗救治
Let's get her some medical attention, please.
卡尔夫人
Mrs. Karr.
你们应该看看这些
There's something you should see.
杰森在地下室藏着一盒
Jason kept a box of papers
他当老师时收集的文章
from his teaching days in the basement.
我在法庭上见过伊夫林后
After I saw Evelyn in court,
我去下面看看那里有什么
I went downstairs to see what was in there.
这是九五年的「帕卡德文学期刊」
"Packard Literary Journal," From '95.
看看第十五页
Look at page 15.
是首诗
It's a poem.
你为什么要拿给我们看
Why are you showing this to us?
你知道这在法庭上对你丈夫很不利
You know this could hurt your husband's case.
当伊夫林出现在我的诗歌♥课上时
I was three years out of college
我才大学毕业三年
when Evelyn was in my poetry class.
你听过她的证词了
You've heard her testimony.
你做过她宣称的那些事吗
Did you do the things she claims you did?
我必须好好解释这个
I need to explain this.
我那时年轻且不成熟 而伊夫林
I... I was young and immature, and Evelyn...
我确实对她有好感
I had real feelings for her.
我知道现在听起来有点变♥态♥ 但我那时只有二十四岁
I know that sounds creepy now, but I was just 24 years old,
而且我对她心动了
and I developed a crush on her.
而如今我回首往事 我知道没有任何借口可以解释
And when I look back on it now, I know that there's no excuse
我的所作所为 无论我有多少好感
for... for my behavior, whatever my feelings were.
我利用了职权之便 那就是错误的
I took advantage of my position of power, and that was wrong.
对此我真的真的很抱歉
And for that, I am truly, truly sorry.
但我从来没对伊夫林施暴
But I never used physical force to get Evelyn
以发♥生♥关♥系♥ 从来没有
to have sex with me. Never.
当她同你在酒店房♥间对峙时
Did you explain this to her
你有解释过这一点吗
when she confronted you in that hotel room?
我试过 那也是我那晚
I tried to. That's why I agreed
同意见朱莉的原因 去向她道歉
to go see Julie that night, to say that I was sorry.
你能向我们说明那次会面如何影响了你的生活吗
Can you describe for us how that encounter impacted your life?
在我被阉♥割♥后 我接受了整形手术
Well, after I was maimed, I had plastic surgery
以重建我的下♥体♥
to reconstruct my scrotum.
现在我只有假体睾丸
I have prosthetic testicles.
余生都将接受激素替代治疗
I'll be on hormone replacement for the rest of my life.
我还做噩梦
I have nightmares.
而且每次我往下看时
And every time I look down there,
我都会再次意识到
I, uh... I'm reminded all
我将永远不会有孩子
over again that I'm never gonna have children.
我永远都不可能抚养自己的孩子
I'm never gonna be able to raise a family.
你需要休息会吗 杰森
Do you need a moment, Jason?
一个人竟然能对别人做出这种事
That someone could do this to another human being...
我知道我在帕卡德时的行为很恶劣
I know that I behaved badly when I was at Packard,
而且我将在余生中为之后悔
and I will regret that for the rest of my life.
但是难道我还没受够苦吗
But haven't I suffered enough?
当你在帕卡德教书时
When you... when you taught at Packard,
那里有一份学生文学期刊
there was a student literary journal.
那属实吗
Is that correct?
是的
Yes.
然后学生们就能
And so the students would...
就能向杂♥志♥提供他们自己的写作成果 对吗
would submit their writing for inclusion in the magazine?
是的没错
That's correct.
好吧
Okay.
我想将此标为检方七号♥证物
I'd like to have that marked as People's Seven
以便记录
for identification.
能请你为陪审团读下第十五页上的那首诗吗
Could you read the poem on page 15 to the jury, please?
要求排除 你想干什么
Move to strike. Where is this going?
这即将会水落石出的 法官大人
It'll become readily apparent in short order, Your Honor.
我会给你点自♥由♥度 巴尔巴先生 但赶紧说重点
I'll give you some latitude, Mr. Barba, but get to it.
谢谢
Thank you.
请大声读出这首诗 卡尔先生
Please read the poem aloud, Mr. Karr.
从标题读起
Start with the title.
「螺丝锥」
"Corkscrew."
「周五下午永将不同」
"Friday afternoons will never be the same,
「金色阳光流动不再」
"No golden sunlight streaming
「树上鸣鸟亦无歌♥吟」
"Or songbirds serenading in the trees.
「唯有廉价酒的拙劣味道」
"Just the rank taste of cheap wine
「和天花板棕色的污迹」
"And the brown stain on the ceiling
「麻木且天真地伪装」
"As numb and naive I lie,
「被钉在你肮脏的地板上」
"Pinned to your filthy floor
「而你汗津津地手握螺丝锥」
"And you, corkscrew in your sweaty fist,
「碾碎了我的灵魂」
crush my soul."
作为一名前任语文老师
As a former teacher of literature,
你能总结认为这首诗的作者
could you conclude that the author of this poem
经历了暴♥力♥下的性行为吗
had personally endured an act of sexual violence?
大家都知道诗歌♥里充满了想象
Everybody knows that poems are feats of imagination.
投影或者隐喻的元素
Projections, or metaphors.
是的 先生 那首诗是谁写的
Right. Who wrote that poem, sir?
伊夫林·邦迪
Evelyn Bundy.
什么时候
When?
九五年四月
April, '95.
没有问题了
Nothing further.
介意吗
You mind?
我就那么好猜吗
Am I that predictable?
本来就是
You are...
但这个案子很困难
but this is a tough case.
听着 我
Listen, I'm...
在考虑达成认罪协议
considering offering a deal.
卡尔接受和伊夫林·邦迪所同意的处罚 入狱四年
Karr does the same four years Evelyn Bundy agreed to.
你证实了那是暴♥力♥强♥奸♥
You proved forcible rape.
如果她切了他的手指 或戳进他的眼睛
If she cut off his finger, if she poked him in the eye...
那不应该有所区别
It shouldn't make a difference.
我们不生活在真空中
We don't live in a vacuum.
我能向你保证陪审团里有七个人
I can assure you, the seven guys on that jury,
对卡尔的痛苦感同身受
they feel Karr's pain.
而且如果卡尔不是被阉♥割♥了而是得了癌症
And if Karr wasn't castrated, if he had cancer...
-那不是一♥码♥事 -本来就应该是的
- It's not the same thing. - It should be.
那我们为什么还要这么做呢 拉斐尔
Why do we do this, Raphael?
因为下一个被强♥奸♥的女孩需要知道
Because the next girl who gets raped needs to know
实现正义的人会是我们
that that person is us.
不论什么情况
No matter what.
最高法♥院♥
第十七审判庭
十月九日 星期一
如今的问题成了什么是公正
The question then becomes, what is justice?
或者更详细地说一名犯人
Or more precisely, exactly how much retribution
到底应受多少处罚
does a criminal owe?
一名受害者能够怎么样去报复
How much vengeance does a victim deserve?
当然我们可以在卷帙浩繁的法律条文中翻找出答案
Sure, we can pore over volumes and volumes of legal doctrine,
但当冲动真的来临时
but when push comes to shove,
相比学术问题 答案更接近本能
the answer is way more visceral than it is scholarly.
这是人类的天性 刻印在我们身上
It's human nature. It's hard-wired into us,
就像吃饭睡觉一样
like eating and sleeping.
你遭遇了不幸 你需要报复某人寻求平衡
You're wronged. You need to wrong someone back.
确定的是 某种意义来说
To be sure, Evelyn Bundy already took
伊夫林·邦迪夺走了杰森·卡尔的眼睛
Jason Karr's metaphorical eye.
而现在 巴尔巴先生还想要
Now what Mr. Barba wants
你们拿走他的一只耳朵
is for you to throw in an ear as well.
但那是公正吗
But is that just?
我们寻求公平的天性
Our innate sense of fair play
告诉我们如果让杰森承受
tells us that to cause Jason to suffer
比他眼下所经历更多的惩罚
any more than he already has
就等于让伊夫林得到
would be tantamount to giving Evelyn
比她应得的更多的公正
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表