blood spattered onto the wall, forming a line pattern.
谢谢
Thank you.
沃纳医生 几周前你用强♥奸♥检测包中的
Dr. Warner, you evaluated a tox screen
毒性测试仪为玛丽埃尔做过毒性测试
done on Mariel as part of a rape kit several weeks ago.
-是的 -你发现很多
- Yes. - And you found multiple
作用相抵触的药物和营养物质
counteractive medications and supplements.
-是的 -副作用包括
- That's right. - Side effects include
癫痫的高发性 眩晕 失去判断力
a higher risk of seizure, confusion, lack of judgment.
是的 但是在谋杀的时间点
Yes, but at the time of the murder,
她已经排毒好几天了
she had detoxed for several days.
你见过像这样的代理性佯病症的病例吗
Have you ever seen a case of Munchausen by Proxy like this?
在十五年里遭受药物伤害
With 15 years of prescription abuse?
-没有 我没见过 -所以你不知道这种长♥期♥
- No, I haven't. - So you don't know the effects
药物伤害的副作用是什么
that this type of long-term abuse could have,
也不知道需要多久才能排除体内的毒素
or how long it might take to fully detox.
我不知道
No.
谢谢
Thank you.
申请重述 法官大人
Redirect, Your Honor.
沃纳医生 根据尸体的姿势
Dr. Warner. From the position of the body,
击打的次数 飞溅的血迹
the number of blows, the blood spatter.
以你专业的观点 你觉得这是正当防卫吗
In your opinion, is this consistent with self-defense?
不像是
Not likely, no.
-检方陈述完毕 -米格拉尼女士呢
- People rest. - Ms. Miglani?
我方传伊丽莎白·奥维特医生出庭
We call Dr. Elizabeth Olivet.
奥维特医生 你在玛丽埃尔知道
Dr. Olivet, you examined Mariel
她的母亲被确诊患代理型孟乔森综合征后
48 hours after she was informed
四十八小时内为她做了检查
her mother had been diagnosed with Munchausen by Proxy.
-是这样吗 -是的
- Is that right? - Yes.
那么那时候她已经发现她母亲
So after she found out that her mother
曾强制她服用药物
had force-fed her medications,
让她遭受多种痛苦
subjected her to multiple and painful
以及不必要的医学治疗和手术
unnecessary medical treatments and surgeries,
这些都严重地摧毁了她的童年吗
had in effect, destroyed her childhood.
-是的 -你是否察觉出
- Yes. - Did you find
她有创伤后应激障碍 情绪波动 精神分♥裂♥等症状呢
she was suffering from PTSD, mood imbalances, dissociation?
是的 但我的诊断结果不变
Yes, but that didn't alter my conclusion
玛丽埃尔是可以分清是非黑白的
that Mariel knew right from wrong.
她知道自身行为的后果
She was aware of the consequences of her actions.
她不是很怕她的母亲吗
Wasn't she terrified of her mother?
害怕自己无法逃脱她的控制吗
Afraid she'd never escape her control?
她表达了类似的情绪是没错
She expressed some of those feelings, yes.
但是她同时也对她的母亲抱有极度愤怒的情绪
But she also expressed extreme anger and rage at her mother.
辩方出示D号♥证物
Defense exhibit D.
取自于精神疾病诊断与统计手册
A copy of the DSM-5
DSM-5(第五版精神疾病诊断与统计手册):本版为最新版本
于2013年5月由美国精神医学学会APA出版,
是一本在美国与其他国家中最常使用来诊断精神疾病的指导手册。
还有代理型孟乔森综合征的相关文章
and articles on Munchausen by Proxy
玛丽埃尔在谷歌♥搜索了以上信息
that Mariel had Googled that day.
请你读出重点被标注的部分
Can you read the highlighted section?
「尽管已经有多例代理型孟乔森综合征」
"Despite the number of cases of Munchausen by Proxy,
「得到了评估和治疗」
"That have been evaluated and treated,
「有效的治疗方案仍然是研究的盲区」
there is little research on effective treatment."
还有这个 辩方E号♥证物
And this, defense exhibit E.
纽约州宣判手册上
The state of New York sentencing guidelines
过失致人危险罪
for reckless endangerment.
这也是玛丽埃尔的母亲被起诉的罪名
The crime that Mariel's mother had been charged with.
我已经标记了最低刑罚 是多少呢
I've highlighted the minimum sentence, which is?
-一年 -所以在玛丽埃尔得知
- One year. - So after Mariel found out
孟乔森综合征是治不好的之后
that there is no treatment for Munchausen's.
在发现其最低刑罚
After finding out the sentence
可以低至一年之后
could be as minimal as one year.
就在她的母亲违反了保护条例
A few hours after her mother
企图拔掉她的输液管的
had violated an order of protection
几个小时之后
and tried to pull out her IV.
有没有可能玛丽埃尔
Is it possible that Mariel
已经不再相信司法系统能保护自己
lost faith in the system to protect her,
并感到她别无选择只能选择自保了呢
and felt her only option was to defend herself?
自己救自己一命
To save her own life?
是有可能的
It's possible, yes.
没有问题了
Nothing further.
巴尔巴先生
Mr. Barba.
没有问题 法官大人
No questions, Your Honor.
玛丽埃尔确实用医院的电脑
Mariel did use the hospital computer
搜索了代理型孟乔森综合征
to research Munchausen by Proxy.
-她上了多长时间的网 -几个小时
- How long was she online? - A few hours.
但辩方居然声称
And the defense claims
这算是她精神错乱的表现吗
that's part of her emotional disturbance?
就当有一个陪审员信了 还有别的吗
All it takes is one juror, what else?
她在谷歌♥上就搜了这点内容
Well, that's it for her Google searches,
不过她还看了「小美人鱼」
but she did watch "The Little Mermaid"
-三天内看了七次 -这能说明什么啊
- seven times in three days. - What does that mean?
她的同学 科迪 那个十九岁的自闭症男孩
Well, her classmate, Cody. The 19-year-old with autism.
-我们没起诉他 -玛丽埃尔觉得
- We didn't charge him. - Well, Mariel thought
她就是小美人鱼
that she was the Little Mermaid,
科迪是她的艾瑞克王子
and that Cody was her Prince Eric.
最高法庭
第二十九审判庭
一月五日 星期五
我这一辈子 都想做个正常人
My whole life, I wanted to be normal.
像个正常女孩那样 但是我却一直在住院
Like a real girl, but I was always in the hospital.
病恹恹的 很累
Sick, tired.
食物也不好吃
Food didn't taste good.
我连上厕所都很困难
I had trouble using the bathroom.
我不能走路 脑子里也一团浆糊
I couldn't walk. I couldn't think clearly.
-你现在感觉如何 玛丽埃尔 -我觉得自己好多了
- How do you feel now, Mariel? - I'm getting healthier.
一天一天地变强 我觉得自己充满希望
Stronger every day. I feel like I have hope.
你发现你的母亲故意让你患病后
How did you react when you found out that your mother
感觉如何
had made you ill?
一开始 我不敢相信
At first, I couldn't believe it.
但是我发现自己正在恢复时
But then when I started to feel better,
才意识到这是真的
I realized it was true.
我很伤心 但我有爸爸陪着
I was sad, but I was with my dad,
所以我就一直没去想她的事
and mostly I didn't want to think about her anymore.
跟我说说
Tell me about the day
你去你母亲公♥寓♥那天的情况吧
you went to your mother's apartment.
我心情挺好的 起床后
I was having a good day. I was up.
自己随意走走
Walking on my own.
结果我妈突然来了
Then my mom came in,
她又喊又叫
she was yelling.
想把我的输液管拔♥出♥来♥
She tried to tear my IV out.
-警♥察♥就把她拉走了 -你当时作何感想
- The cops took her away. - How did that make you feel?
我很怕 觉得我永远无法摆脱她了
Scared, like I'd never get away from her.
所以我爸离开房♥间后
So when my dad left the room...
我偷偷溜了出去
I snuck out.
我从他的卡车里拿了一个锤子
I got a hammer from his truck.
去了我妈的公♥寓♥
I went to my mom's apartment.
你当时的目的是什么
What did you intend to do?
我就想告诉她别再来打扰我了
To tell her to leave me alone.
-接着怎么了 -我告诉她别再管我了
- What happened? - I told her to stay away.
她说这是不可能的
She said that would never happen.
陪审团一定会同情她
That the jury would feel sorry for her
不会让她坐牢的
and not put her in jail.
我无论如何都无法让她离我远点
That there was nothing I could do to keep her away from me.
接着你做了什么
Then what did you do?
我肯定是扬起了锤子
I must have swung the hammer.
我只记得当时非常害怕
I just remember feeling so afraid.
觉得自己永远无法自♥由♥ 真的
Like I'd never be free, ever.
谢谢你 玛丽埃尔
Thank you Mariel.
没有问题了
Nothing further.
玛丽埃尔
Hi, Mariel.
看你这几天过得这么难受
I'm very sorry for what you've been through
我很难过 我真的不愿意
in your life, and the last thing I want to do
让你更加痛苦 但是我能否
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表