who might have an unhealthy interest
怀有病态的执着
in your old match with Parker?
对那场对弈回味无穷的人
I can think of hundreds of people
随便都能指出好几百号♥
that cannot stop talking about that match.
至于"病态的执着"
And as far as "unhealthy interest,"
我一周前收到某个疯子寄来的一封信
I get a letter a week from some crackpot.
是吗
Really?
那你最近还有收到吗
Have you, uh, received any recently?
我刚到酒店的时候
You know, I did receive an odd missive
确实收到了一封奇怪的信件
when I first arrived at the hotel.
但我没多想
I didn't think twice about it.
是怎么样的信
What kind of missive?
就是一张向我祝好的纸 里面包着棋子
It was a note wishing me well, wrapped around a chess piece.
有点像是手工制♥作♥的
Um, it was sort of, mm... handmade.
是一枚主教
It was a bishop.
-你还留着吗 -应该还在
- Do you still have it? - I believe so.
除非他们已经清过垃圾了
Unless they've emptied the trash.
我处理了那只送给卡尔·施鲁特的手工主教
I processed the hand-carved bishop sent to Karl Schrute.
那不是手工雕刻的 连手工塑形都算不上
It wasn't hand-carved so much as it was hand-sculpted.
用纸胶做的
Made from paper-mache?
将厕纸 肥皂和水混合之后的产物
A curious stew of toilet paper, laundry soap and water.
听着颇为简陋
Okay. That sounds improvised.
制♥作♥者一定闲的蛋疼
By someone with a lot of time on his hands.
比如说 一名犯人
Say, a prison inmate?
这只主教里面的肥皂
The laundry soap in our bishop
是用伊利州立监狱内的硬质水
is specifically formulated to work with the hard water
按照一定比例揉出来的
at Ely State Prison.
干得漂亮 那么...
Good work. All right,
我们需要将参加象棋巡赛的人员名单
so we need to cross-reference the list of people who attended
与伊利监狱的人名做交叉比对
the chess tour with the population of Ely, right?
已经比对过了
Already done.
我查到了一个人 有他的照片和名字
I have a face and a name.
你太能干了
You are on fire.
李·克罗斯比
"Lee Crosby."
你就只是安静地坐着
So you're just gonna to sit there?
都不打算问问为什么会被带到这来吗
Not gonna ask why you're here?
你想说的时候自然会说
You'll tell me when you want to.
还是其实你自己心里有数
Or maybe you already know.
这是七路公交车的
That's a photo
行车记录仪拍摄到的照片
from the dash-cam of a Number 7 Bus.
证明了你前天晚上
It shows you two nights ago
有出现在C街和五街的转弯处
on the corner of Avenue C and 5th.
距离这里只有四个街区
Four blocks away from here.
开局真大胆
A bold opening.
相当的咄咄逼人
It's aggressive.
我一般在对手做了大动作之后
I usually find when an opponent leads
才会出杀手锏 这样对手就无力回天了
with a big move, they don't have much of a game to back it up.
我们不是在下棋 克罗斯比先生
We're not playing chess here, Mr. Crosby.
而且事实是...
And the fact of the matter is,
我们办法多的是
we have plenty.
现在是到了我该请律师的时候了吧
I guess this is the part where I call my lawyer.
一小时五百块...
Five bills an hour--
我还是选择省点钱 乖乖配合警方
I say save the money, indulge the cop.
我们知道你因非法持有毒品
We know you spent five years
在伊利监狱里服役五年
at Ely for possession,
大部分时间都花在了戒毒项目上
and that most of that time was spent in a rehab program
因此学会了下国际象棋
that taught you how to play chess.
一些狱友皈依了上帝 而我醉心于皇家游戏
Some inmates find God. I found the Royal Game.
你知道我们深入调查后发现什么吗
You know what we keep finding?
到处都有你
You.
波特兰 旧金山 里诺
In Portland, San Francisco, Reno.
象棋巡赛的所有赛点
All stops on the chess tour.
发现尸体的城市
Cities where bodies have been dropping.
就像在棋盘上走棋
Like little chess moves on a board.
我得承认 我对象棋
Admittedly, I am a bit insane...
是有点太过着迷
about... chess.
是 我是跟着巡回赛一路过来
Yes, I have been following the tour,
但我只做过半夜乘公交之类的事
but, like, riding buses at night.
别的我什么都没干
That's all I've been doing.
你知道特洛伊·帕克 对吧
You know who Troy Parker is, right?
象棋界不世之才的陨落
有所耳闻
Heard of him.
你在伊利定了十几本有关他的书
At Ely, you ordered over a dozen books on him.
包括他关于对弈的书
Including his book on the game.
在我看来这算是痴迷了吧
Sounds like an obsession to me.
你一定清楚他曾经走过的每一步棋
I bet you know every move this guy's ever made.
我猜你甚至觉得自己的技艺远高于他
I bet you even think that you're better than him.
帕克曾战无敌手 未尝一败
Parker was the best, at the top of his game,
但他犯了一个错误 下错了一步棋
but he made a mistake, a single bad move,
就招致了自己的毁灭
and it was his undoing.
我不会因为同样的错误被你们抓包的
Won't catch me making that same error.
这点我可以向你们保证
Promise you that.
你一路跟着象棋锦标赛
You've been following the chess tour.
尾随施鲁特 试图让他
You've been dogging Schrute, trying to get him
和你来场一对一的比赛
to play you one-on-one.
想要和施鲁特对局的人数不胜数
There's a lot of people that want to play Schrute, okay?
没有谁像你一样
Everyone is not obsessed
还对他的老对手
with his old adversary, Troy Parker,
特洛伊·帕克这么痴迷了
the way that you are.
如此痴迷...
So obsessed...
以致于你要重现他们九八年的比赛
that you're replaying their match from '98.
而且你把比赛升华了 克罗斯比先生
And you've taken it to a whole another level, Mr. Crosby.
你在杀人了
You're killing people.
出于某种病态扭曲的幻想
In some sick, twisted little fantasy.
你说得对
You're right.
我很想扮演施鲁特
I would love to play Schrute.
天呐 我真想重新下一次
God, I would love to replay
他跟帕克那场著名的比赛
his famous match with Parker.
你也不用说"和帕克一样好"
And you can forget about "As good as Parker,"
因为我比他更好
because I am better.
我有他决不会有的东西
I got something that he never had.
-是什么 -杀手本能
- What's that? - Killer instinct.
这只是我们间的秘密
And this is just between you and me.
我不是凶手
I'm no killer.
你怎么想
What do you think?
他是我们要找的凶手吗
Is he our guy?
他有那种傲气
Well, he's got the arrogance.
狂妄自大
Delusions of grandeur.
格雷格说他脾气也很大
Greg said he's got quite a temper, too.
好了 我们申请搜查证的时候
All right, let's have Crawford sit on him
让克罗福德审他 查查他的住处
while we get a warrant, check out his place.
是啊 我们肯定要查出更紧密的证据
Yeah. We're definitely gonna need something more
才能将他和某个受害者联♥系♥起来
to connect him to one of the victims.
怎么了
What is it?
又有一步新棋出来了
Another move has been played.
你好 萨拉
Hey, Sara.
怎么回事
So what's going on?
我想我们又有一个象棋杀手的受害者了
I think we have another chess killer victim.
下一个弃尸现场应该在
The next body dump was supposed to be
E街和三街附近
near Avenue E and 3rd.
是的 我知道 但你得看看这个
Yeah, I know. But, uh... you need to see this.
受害者的名字是克里斯·夏特洛克
Victim's name is Chris Shatlock.
我发现他的钱包被丢在地上
I found his wallet tossed on the floor.
工作证显示他在四王酒店表演晚宴秀
Work card says that he does a dinner show at the Four Kings.
来看看
Take a look.
保安发现了他
Security guard discovered him.
剑从后面穿到前面
Run through from back to front.
在后座找到了他的制♥服♥
Found his uniform in the back.
过来看看
Take a look.
他是圆桌骑士
He's a Knight of the Round Table.
骑士吗
A knight?
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表