And if that's true, then our job just got a lot harder.
我们不仅要寻找嫌疑人
We're not just looking for a suspect,
还需要找更多的受害者
we're looking for more victims.
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
-没关系 我等着接听呢 -我一直在排查
- It's okay, I'm on hold. - I've been looking at
我们近一年中还未结案的案子
all of our open cases for the past year.
没有一个能和象棋搭上边的
None of them seem to have anything to do with chess.
维加斯之外呢
What about outside Vegas?
你是觉得如果凶手和
You're thinking that if our killer is connected
王冠巡回锦标赛有关
to the King's Crown Tour,
也许我们在找的案子
maybe our cases that we're looking for
是在他们去过的其它城市里发生的
are in cities where the tour has stopped.
对 我现在就在等旧金山警局接听电♥话♥
Yeah. I'm on hold with San Francisco PD right now.
在 埃廷格警探
Yeah. Oh, Detective Ettinger.
是的 我在找二月十七日那周的
Yeah, I'm looking for unsolved murders
没结案的凶杀案
the week of February 17th.
对 尸体丢在由号♥码命名的街道上
Right, bodies found near numbered streets or avenues.
还有一点
Uh, there is one other parameter.
听起来有点荒唐 但是犯罪现场
It's gonna sound a little crazy, but, uh, the crimes would have
要与象棋搭上边
some sort of association with chess.
对 比如受害者可能是位主教
Yeah, like, the victim could be a bishop
或是牧师
or a priest
也可能是某种王后类似的
or maybe some kind of queen.
我知道这听起来很荒唐
I know it sounds crazy. Look, an-any help
无论你们找到什么 我们都会很感激的
that-that you could give would be greatly appreciated.
谢了
Thank you.
我还真不羡慕你这活儿
I do not envy you.
有难同当嘛
Well, misery loves company.
还有六个地方得打电♥话♥去
We... have six more cities to call.
罗素 你说对了
Russell, you were right.
那个假猫王并非第一个死于凶手手下的人
Our Elvis impersonator was not the killer's first victim.
我和摩根又发现了另外六起谋杀案
Morgan and I found six other murders
看起来和象棋有关 不在维加斯
that look to be chess-related-- not in Vegas,
不过所在的三个城市
but in the last three cities
正是那个象棋巡回赛之前造访过的
that the chess tour visited.
波特兰 旧金山和里诺
Portland, San Francisco and Reno.
在波特兰 一名女子死在了马背上
In Portland, a woman on horseback
还死了个流浪汉
and a homeless man.
代表骑士和兵
Knight and a pawn.
旧金山死了一个变装皇后和一个牧师
In San Francisco, a drag queen and a priest.
代表王后和主教
A queen and a bishop.
在里诺 又死了一个流浪汉和一个牧师
And in Reno, another homeless person and a priest.
另一个兵和主教
Another pawn and a bishop.
所有的尸体都被丢弃在
All the bodies were dumped at intersections
以数字和字母命名的街道交界处
of numbered and lettered streets.
现在有了七具尸体
So we have seven victims.
都与象棋有关
Seven chess murders.
但我不觉得凶手是冲着杀人来的
But I don't believe that the murders are capture-kills.
凶手不是在吃子
The killer is not eliminating pieces.
我觉得这几起谋杀是凶手在走棋
I believe that these murders are chess moves.
比如死掉的猫王 代表国王走到C1位子
Like our dead Elvis-- king to C1.
他不是要吃掉国王
He wasn't eliminating the king...
只是把国王移个位子
just moving him.
就是说这个连环杀手是在下棋
So we have a serial killer who's playing a game,
每次他走一步棋 就有人要死
and every time he makes a move, somebody dies.
没错 而且依我来看
Yeah. Well, based on what I can see,
这盘棋才刚刚开局
the game's just beginning.
我就知道你还得回来
I knew you'd be back.
你也是啊 马克斯
Same old Max.
你光是盯着那块棋盘
How many games have you played
都下了多少盘棋啦
just staring at that board?
何不坐下来 自己找答案呢
Why don't you sit down... find out?
我说过了
I told you.
我已经不下棋了
I don't play anymore.
你每天都在下棋
You play every day.
只是不在棋盘上下罢了
You just don't do it on a chessboard.
眼下我走的唯一一盘棋
The only game I'm playing right now
就是"擒凶"
is "Catch A Killer."
我有事相求
And I need your help.
这是一段棋谱
This is a list of chess moves.
我想知道下一步怎么走
I need to know what move comes next.
你已经知道了
You already know it.
就在这儿
In here.
我真不知道
I really don't.
我只知道我这边的走法
I only have one side of the board,
完全不知道对手的路数
and I don't know any of the opponent's moves.
还记得我多年前跟你说过的吗
Remember what I told you all those years ago?
你下的不是棋
Don't play the board,
是人
play the man.
格雷格 棋盘就是你对手的脸
Greg, the board is the face of your opponent.
看人下棋就能了解这个人
You can know a man just by watching him play.
你放下钱要单挑我那一刻 我就看透你了
I knew you the minute you put your money down to play me.
你根本不了解我
You don't know me.
你每天一放学就来这儿
You come here every day after school.
你不练橄榄球
You're not at football practice,
也不在停车场胡来
you're not in the parking lot getting high.
你不同于其他孩子
You're different from the other kids.
你思维独特 感受独特
You think differently, feel differently.
你想要的也不一样
You want different.
我想要什么
What do I want?
你想成为佼佼者
You want to be the best!
不过要称王称霸 你得先过我这关
But to be the best, you've got to go through me.
你先走
School's in.
得了 马克斯
Come on, Max.
我们现在不在公园里
We're not back in the park.
我不是来让你给我上课的
This isn't a lesson here.
现在是人命攸关的事
There are people's lives at stake.
这盘棋有人下过了
This game has already been played.
就在十六年前
16 years ago.
这是卡尔·施鲁特和特洛伊·帕克决赛时
These are the opening moves in the championship match
开局的几步棋
between Karl Schrute and Troy Parker.
卡尔·施鲁特 不就是这次比赛为了作秀
Karl Schrute-- that's the guy doing the dog and pony show,
同时和几个人对弈那家伙吗
playing simuls in this tournament here.
人总得养家糊口啊
Man's got to make a living.
好吧 那他的对手帕克呢
All right, what about, uh, his opponent, Parker?
特洛伊·帕克是继鲍比·菲舍尔后
Troy Parker was the greatest American player
美国最伟大的棋手
since Bobby Fischer.
后来他在九八年输了那场比赛
Till he lost that championship in '98.
之后他就一蹶不振
After that, he went off the rails.
人间蒸发了
Just disappeared.
九八年那盘棋
Back in '98...
帕克下一步怎么走的
what was Parker's next move?
主教走到E3位
Bishop to E3.
对了
Mm, yes.
其实帕克就毁在那步棋上了
It was Parker's fatal move, actually.
太大意了
A mental mistake.
他实力超群 不该走那步棋
Uncharacteristic for someone so gifted.
就因为那步棋让你占了上风
And it was that move that gave you the game?
没错
Yes, yes.
在那之前 我一直是举步维艰
He had me on the ropes until then.
他离胜利也就几步之遥了
Only a few moves away from victory.
那不仅仅代意味着那场对局的结束
And it wasn't just the end of the game. No.
也意味着他棋手生涯的结束
It was the end of him.
他自此成为一缕孤魂
The man became a ghost.
他会不会因那场对局而对你心怀怨愤
Do you think he might harbor any resentment toward you
甚至想要...
about the game or even try to...
策划某个能与你再次对弈的机会
engineer some kind of a rematch?
特洛伊·帕克是个文明人
Troy Parker was not a violent man.
好吧
Okay.
你能否想一想
So can you think of anyone else out there
还有谁可能会对你与帕克的那场对局
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表