by the Medford High Wolves.
说来好笑 我的高中校队也叫群狼队
Oh, that's funny. My high school was also the wolves.
怎么 不能提这事 好吧
No? Not now? Okay.
这事听起来很奇怪 但是
Look, t-this might seem strange, but, uh,
我们想如果你能正式地和你的论文道别
we thought it might help you get some closure if you had a chance
也许会对你现在的情况有帮助
to properly say good-bye to your paper.
没错 我们可以发表几句感想
Yeah, you know, we could say a few words,
你可以抒发一下它对你的意义
you could talk about what it meant to you
然后我们可以找个地方把它埋了
and-and we could bury it somewhere.
你是说为我们的理论办个葬礼
You mean have a funeral for our theory?
没错
Yeah.
太荒唐了
That's ridiculous.
我本来也这么认为 但我妈说也许会有用
I thought so, too, but my mom thought it might work.
贝弗利觉得会有帮助吗 那应该试试
Beverly thought it would help? We should try it.
你以为办法是我想的时怎么就...
Wha-- How come when you thought it was my idea...
莱纳德 拜托 不是任何事都围着你转
Leonard, please, this is not about you.
我们可以把它埋到公园里
I guess we could bury it in the park.
你是指狗狗上大小号♥
Yeah, where dogs do their business
然后其他狗狗去闻的地方吗 得了吧
and other dogs sniff that business? I don't think so.
你想怎么做呢 谢尔顿
What would you like to do, Sheldon?
只有一种送别仪式适合
The only fitting send-off:
维京葬礼
a Viking funeral.
你是指把它推进湖中心
You mean, like, push it out into a lake
然后用点着火的箭射它吗
and shoot it with a flaming arrow?
这哥们懂行
This guy gets it.
用浴缸和火柴代替行不
How about a bathtub and a match?
用浴缸和点着火的箭行不
How about a bathtub and a flaming arrow?
用浴缸 火柴和一杯冰巧克力饮品行吗
How about a bathtub, a match and an ice-cold Yoo-hoo after?
成交
Sold.
你想说些什么吗
Would you like to say something?
好的 谢谢
Y-Yes, thank you.
我知道这只是个科学理论
I know this is just a scientific theory,
但对我来说 远不止此
but to me, it was more than that.
它用一种美妙的全新方式描述了宇宙
It described the universe in a new and beautiful way.
我希望我们生活在那个宇宙中
I want that to be the universe we live in,
但看样子不可能了
but I guess it's not.
艾米 你想射箭吗
Would you like to shoot the arrow?
挺美的 不是吗
It's kind of beautiful, isn't it?
是很美
Yeah, it is.
火离浴帘越来越近了
It's getting kind of close to the curtain.
在水里呢 没事的
It's in water, it's fine.
-看来我们都提出了错误的理论 -好了
- Looks like we both had theories that were wrong. - Okay...
你病了吗
Are you getting sick?
不是 我鼻子进了亮片
No, I have glitter in my nose.
只有鼻子吗
Just your nose?
那你算幸运的了
Consider yourself lucky.
我打算明天休假不上班
Hey, I'm gonna take tomorrow off
我们就有一整天时间排练了
so we can spend the whole day running the act.
其实 跟你一起排练魔术很快乐
You know what, it has been so much fun working on this with you, but...
-然而什么 -不是真正的快乐
- But what? - It hasn't.
我不去参加试镜了
I'm not gonna audition.
我拉扯大的孩子可不会轻言放弃
Hey, I didn't raise a quitter.
我又不是你养大的
You didn't raise me at all.
我明白你很害怕 我们战胜恐惧就行了
Look, I get that you're scared, but we just have to push past that.
我不是害怕 我不喜欢那套魔术
I'm not scared. I don't like the act.
它太浮夸了
It's over-the-top
又奇葩 耍爵士乐手势多过变魔术
and weird and has more jazz hands than magic.
你之前怎么不说呢
Why didn't you say something earlier?
因为你看起来很开心
You seemed like you were so happy,
然后等我想跟你坦白时
and then when I tried to say something,
你又好像准备河东狮吼
you seemed like you were so mad.
这事我又不是主角
Hey, this isn't about me.
我只是希望你能完成梦想
I just wanted you to have your dream,
而且我想一手掌控
and I wanted to control everything
你的造型和表演 这样你的胜利就属于我的了
about how you looked and acted so that your victory was mine.
你还真诚实
Well, that's honest.
但如果我要做这件事
But if I'm gonna go through with this,
就必须用我自己的方式
I have to do it my own way.
我尊重你
I respect that,
我也很欣慰 是我带领你走到这一步
and I'm glad that I helped lead you to this moment.
别再说成是你的功劳了
Stop trying to make this your victory!
你为什么在看这个
Why are you watching that?
我就想看看
I'm just looking to see
还有没有剩下你的打气录像
if there's anything left of your speech.
不重要 我记得自己说过什么
It's not important. I remember everything I said.
然后呢
And?
很鼓舞 只是听到我自己说出来会更有意义
It was good, it just would've meant more coming from me.
好了 都过来
All right, bring it in.
那是你♥爸♥吗
Is that your dad?
是的
It is.
我只看过他的照片
I've only seen pictures of him.
我知道我们落后很多
I know we're down, by a lot.
说实话
And if I'm being honest with you,
我们估计是不会赢这场了
we're probably not gonna win this one.
事实上 我们肯定会输
In fact, we're definitely not gonna win this one.
你想我关掉吗
Do you want me to turn it off?
但我们不会放弃
But we're not gonna quit, either.
如果我们真的输了
And if we do lose,
你们也得知道自己不是人生输家
you need to know that doesn't make you losers.
从失败中学到的自我认识和自我价值
You learn as much about who you are and what you're made of
一点不比从胜利中学到的少
from failing as you do from success.
甚至更多
Maybe more.
所以下半场你们可以自怨自艾
So you can spend the next half feeling sorry for yourselves,
也可以让他们尝尝地狱的滋味
or you can get out there and give them hell.
没错 地狱的滋味
Yeah! Let's give them hell!
别说这词 你妈可能会...
Oh-- watch your mouth, your mom might...
我记得那场比赛
I remember that game.
他们最后赢了吗
Did they win?
没有
Oh, no.
他们落后非常多
No, they lost so bad, the other team
对手甚至让他们的拉拉队员来射门
let one of their cheerleaders try to kick a field goal.
那番话很激励人心 可惜没起作用
Well, that was a nice speech. Too bad it didn't work.
也许起作用了
Maybe it did.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我一直表现得像是比赛结束了
I've been acting like the game is over,
但其实只打了半场而已
but it's only halftime.
还有很多物理比赛可以打
And there's a lot more physics left to play.
这是你人生第一次用运动作比喻吗
Wow, was that your first ever sports metaphor?
还真是
It was.
而且还是一记全垒打呢
And I think it was a home run.
两个比喻了
That's two.
真有意思
It's interesting.
我一直以为我爸和我的人生路途大不相同
I've always thought that my father's journey and my own were so different,
但他同样面对过失败和挫折
but he also faced failure and setbacks.
也许我们人生互相映射的地方比我想的要多
Maybe our lives mirrored each other more than I thought.
所以从一种角度来说
So, from one viewpoint,
你和你父亲的人生不对称
you and your father's lives are asymmetrical,
但从另一个角度来说 是对称的
but from another vantage point, they're symmetrical.
谢尔顿
Sheldon,
对称和不对称会不会是随观察者不同而变化
what if symmetry and asymmetry are observer-relative?
那意味着那篇苏联论文是对的
That would mean that the Russian paper was right...
但只是从一种角度来说
But only from one perspective.
如果从更多♥维♥度的另一角度来看
If we look at it from a deeper view in more dimensions,
我们的理论仍然成立
our theory still stands.
不只是成立 甚至有可能
Not only stands, I-it might be an even bigger idea
比我们原来提出的假设更宏大
than the one we were originally proposing.
去把电脑拿来 我们要修改论文
Go get your laptop. We have a paper to fix.
好的
Okay.
谢谢你 爸爸
Thanks, Dad.
我们会让他们尝尝地狱的滋味
We're gonna give them hell.
大家好 我是伟大的霍迪尼
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表