彭伯顿博士说他当初论文是剽窃来的
Kripke says he plagiarized his thesis,
而且他还能证实这件事
and that he can prove it.
这在诺贝尔奖委员会面前可不好看
Wow. Well, that's not gonna sit well with the Nobel Committee.
等等 我觉得用某些人以前在学校时做的事
Hang on. I don't think it's fair to use something
来攻击他们 这样不太好吧
someone did in school against them.
放轻松 都说了不是说你
Relax, he said it's not you.
是吗 我觉得如果某人是骗子
I don't know. If someone's a cheater,
那无论是多久以前做的 都应该被人戳脊梁骨
they should be held accountable no matter how long ago it was.
你这样说的就有点太神经病了吧
Okay, now you just sound crazy.
所以你真的觉得他们应该用这招吗
So you really think they should do this?
这不止会把彭伯顿
It wouldn't just knock Pemberton
退出诺贝尔奖 还会把他的事业一次炸没
out of Nobel contention, it would blow up his whole career.
那我要说 嘣炸
To that, I say kaboom!
不 我是说这样不好
No, I meant it's a bad thing.
不 不 我同意博纳黛特
No, no, I agree with Bernadette.
如果彭伯顿作弊了
If Pemberton cheated,
也许他就不配拥有自己的事业
maybe he shouldn't have a career in the first place.
世界上还有好多人没有剽窃呢
There's plenty of people that didn't plagiarize.
当然也有少部分人这么做过 全是因为
And a few of us who did, but it's only 'cause
《红字》这本书太枯燥了
The Scarlet Letter was so boring.
是作者纳撒尼尔·霍桑的代表作
我很喜欢《红字》呢
Aw, I love The Scarlet Letter.
我就是受那本书的影响开始迷恋坏女孩的
Th-That's where I got my taste for bad girls.
这事怎么会如此难抉择
Ugh, why is this decision so hard?
也许是因为你虽然想赢
Maybe because you want to win,
但内心深处你知道这样做有失荣誉
but deep down you know it's not the honorable way to do it.
否则你早就义无反顾地去做了
Otherwise, you would've done it already.
这话听起来很有道理
That's really wise.
没错 不过也可能只是印度口音给它加分了
Yes, but it may just be the Indian accent.
你觉得不揭发彭伯顿这件事
Do you think by not exposing Pemberton
我们做得对吗
we're doing the right thing?
当然
Of course.
除非你觉得我们做得不对
Unless you think we're not doing the right thing.
你为什么会觉得我不认为
Why would you think that I don't think
我们做对了呢
we're doing the right thing?
你可能会想 如果好人总是坚持
You might think that if good people hold themselves
不切实际的高道德标准
to unrealistically high ethical standards,
他们可能会输给不择手段的竞争对手
then they might lose out to their unscrupulous competitors.
你是这么想的吗
Is that what you think?
才怪
No.
我是想如果你觉得我们
No, I just thought if you thought we weren't
做得不对 那么你的依据可能是这个
doing the right thing, that's why you might think that.
如果我的确这么想
Well, if I did think that,
你可能会指出
you might point out that people who claim
那些为了赢而做坏事的人也是坏人
it's okay to do bad things to win
哪怕他们找了多冠冕堂皇的理由
are bad people no matter what they tell themselves.
而我指出的这一点是非常正确的
And I'd be right to point that out.
因为你是个非常好的人
Because you're a good person.
我好爱和你聊天
I love talking to you.
就像和自己自问自答 不过是用女孩的声音
It's like talking to me, but with a girl voice.
我只是说 这个奖是谢尔顿和艾米应得的
I'm just saying, Sheldon and Amy deserve to win,
而这表示有时会需要做一些必须做的事
and sometimes that means doing what you got to do.
你不觉得当个堂堂正正的君子更好吗
Don't you think it's better to take the high road?
没错 军队也不该配枪
Yeah, and instead of guns,
换成可以发射心愿的糖果拐杖风味更佳哦
armies should carry candy canes that shoot wishes.
所以你为了得到自己想要的东西
So what's the worst thing you've ever done
做过最坏的事是什么
to get something you wanted?
我才不会告诉你呢
I'm not gonna tell you that.
别这样 我也把我的事讲给你听
Oh, come on. I'll tell you mine.
对对对 因为你的事肯定
Right, 'cause yours is gonna be
能跟我的一样坏吗 行
as bad as mine. Okay.
拜托 就告诉我吧
Come on, just tell me.
好吧
Okay, fine.
我们刚认识时 还有另一个起司蛋糕工厂的
When we first met, there was another waitress
女服务员觉得你很可爱
at The Cheesecake Factory who thought you were cute,
所以我告诉她你患有各种各样的肝炎 从A型到Z型
so I told her you had all the hepatitises, A through Z.
肝炎没有26种类型
There aren't 26 hepatitises.
没错 如果她够聪明想到这一点
Well, if she was smart enough to know that,
她也不会还在奶酪蛋糕工厂工作了
she wouldn't still be working at a Cheesecake Factory.
她还在那里工作吗 是哪一个啊
Oh, she still works there? Who was it?
这有什么关系吗
Why does it matter?
你说得对 这事无关紧要 因为我找到了最好的那个
You're right, it doesn't matter 'cause I got the best one.
是苏珊吗
Was it Susan?
干嘛 因为她个子高吗
Why? Because she's tall?
晚安
Good night.
真不敢相信
Can't believe it.
明明谢尔顿最喜欢在别人违规时告状了
Sheldon loves telling on people when they break the rules.
对 也许他改变了
Yeah, well, maybe he's changed.
他改变个屁 上周自动售货机
He hasn't changed. Last week, when the vending machine
给我掉下来2袋薯片 他打电♥话♥给我妈了
gave me two bags of chips, he called my mom.
这也没有毁掉你的生活啊
Well, that didn't ruin your life.
但他毁了我的一天
Well, it ruined my day.
我不得不给我妈通电♥话♥ 随便一提
I had to talk to my mom, who, by the way,
她现在是多角恋者了 想想就开心
is-is polyamorous now, so that's fun to think about.
我挺为谢尔顿和艾米自豪的
Look, I'm proud of Sheldon and Amy.
他们想凭自己的实力赢得这场比赛
You know? They want to win this thing on their own merits,
而不是在对手背后插刀
not by knocking out the competition.
但如果他们没能赢呢
Yeah, but what if they don't win?
彭伯顿和坎贝尔已经成功地
Uh, Pemberton and Campbell have done an amazing job
把他们的名字和超不对称性联♥系♥起来了
of associating their names with super-asymmetry.
他们现在势头正劲
They have all the momentum right now.
我也不愿意看他们输
I don't like the idea of them losing either,
但这是他们的选择 不是我们的
but this is their decision to make, not ours.
也许这是我们的选择
Maybe it is ours.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
谢尔顿和艾米不想曝光彭伯顿
Well, I-if Sheldon and Amy don't want to expose Pemberton,
并不代表其他人不可以替他们做吧
that doesn't mean someone else can't do it for them.
他们不需要知道这件事
They'd never have to know.
真的吗 你会做这种事吗
Really? You'd do that?
他们理应获得诺贝尔奖
They deserve the Nobel.
我可不会让两个骗子从他们手上夺走这份荣誉
I'm not gonna let two frauds steal it from them.
如果这会让我弄脏自己的手 那就弄脏吧
And if that means getting my hands dirty, so be it.
你笑什么
What's so funny?
刚意识到我还从没见过你弄脏自己的手呢
Just realized I've never actually seen your hands dirty.
好吧 霍夫斯塔特 这就是你要的证据
All right, Hofstadter, here's all the proof you need.
-很好 谢了 -要记住
- Great, thanks. - Just remember,
你拿走这个信封 就没有回头路了
once you take this envelope, there's no turning back.
万一我打开看了以后决定不用它呢
What if I look at it and decide not to use it?
我没想到这个做法
I had not considered that.
真是不得不服你
Got to hand it to you,
你可真是把事情搞无聊界的一把手啊
you got a real talent for making things boring.
谢了
Thanks.
你看 你又来了
Hey, look at that, you did it again.
你好 莱纳德
Hi, Leonard.
什么 没什么啊
What? Nothing.
你还好吧
You okay?
不不 你好
Uh, no, you are.
你知道吗 起司蛋糕工厂里
So guess what. There was a waitress
曾经有个女服务员
at The Cheesecake Factory back in the day
对我有好感
who kind of had a thing for me.
博纳黛特之外的人吗 这听起来不可能呀
Other than Bernadette? That does not sound right.
对天发誓
Honest to God.
那么是谁
Oh, well, who was it?
这无关紧要 我的婚姻很幸福
It doesn't even matter. I'm happily married.
关键点是女人 "们" 觉得我有魅力
The point is women-- plural-- find me appealing.
好吧 好吧 我们想想看吧
Okay. Okay, well, well, let's see.
我们知道这不可能是佩妮
Okay? We-we know it wasn't Penny,
-也不可能是苏珊 -等等
- we know it wasn't Susan... - Wait.
我们怎么知道不是苏珊呢
How do we know it wasn't Susan?
因为她有某种喜欢的类型
Uh, because she had a type.
什么类型
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表