an inelegance to the quadrupole normalization of Smoot's data.
挖槽
Damn.
有时候我真希望自己能造出一个时光机
See, sometimes I wish I could invent a time machine,
这样我就可以回到过去
so I could go back and prevent myself
阻止自己不要冲动
from acting so rashly.
或者是汲取教训 以后说话之前先过过脑子
Or moving forward, you could think before you speak.
你说得对
I suppose so.
但我看时光机还比较有可能实现
But the time machine thing is probably more likely.
可是我有时候无法意识到
My problem is that I don't always know
我已经太出格了
when I've gone too far.
如果你愿意的话 我可以帮你
Well, uh, if you like, I could try to help you out.
让你知道你已经越界了
You know, and maybe let you know if you're crossing a line.
你是指 约定一个暗号♥吗
Oh, you mean, like, with a code word? ?
好呀 闭嘴这个词如何
Sure. How's "Shut up"?
很好 大家经常都叫我闭嘴
That's perfect. People say it to me all the time,
没人会听出来的
no one will suspect.
-你有空吗 -有空 怎么了
- Hey, got a minute? - Sure. What's up?
伯纳黛特说
Uh, Bernadette said
你不喜欢这本书
you weren't crazy about the book.
书很好
No. It's great.
我只是不想让任何人看到
I just don't want anyone to ever see it
阅读或知道这本书的存在
or read it or know it exists.
但这本书说不定会对我有帮助
But this could be really good for me,
你懂吗 终于可以出版我的美术作品
you know? Finally get my artwork published.
而且 这真的是一本可爱的书
And-and come on, it's a, it's a cute story.
你说得轻巧
Oh, easy for you to say.
没人会觉得你是个懦夫
No one's gonna think you're a coward.
你开玩笑吧 前几天
Are you kidding? The other day
漫画书店里一个气球爆♥炸♥了 我吓吐了
in the comic book store, a balloon popped and I threw up.
你就不能把我的名字去掉吗
Can't you just take my name off it?
不能 出版商感兴趣的唯一原因就是
No, uh, the only reason the publisher's interested
这书是一个真实的宇航员写的
is 'cause a real astronaut wrote it.
如果我们稍微改动一下呢
Well, look, what if we made a few changes?
当然可以
Uh, sure, yes.
-你有什么想法 -也不是什么大改变
- What-what do you have in mind? - Well, nothing major.
你看看封面 上面写着
But see here on the cover, where it says
"瑟瑟发抖的小" 要是就写 比如说
frightened little, what if... I don't know
就不写这几个字
It didn't say that.
那就只是《宇航员》了
So, it would just be The Astronaut?
你说得对 这样就不吸引人了
Yeah, you're right. That doesn't quite pop.
那就改成...《勇敢的宇航员》
What about... The Brave Astronaut?
看 这个名字就非常不错啊
See, that's got some zip to it!
好吧
Okay.
还有这一页 画着哭泣的我
And here on this page, where I'm crying.
不如改成 我在赤手空拳
What if, instead, I'm... punching a meteor
把一颗流星爆锤到太阳上
into the sun with my bare fists?
所以你有超能力了
So you have superpowers?
你这个主意我喜欢
I like the way you're thinking.
索恩教授
Professor Thorne?
霍夫斯塔德博士
Dr. Hofstadter.
你认识我妻子的 佩妮
Uh, you know my wife, Penny.
-当然 你好 -你好
- Sure. Hi. ?- Hi.
我们想跟你谈谈库珀博士
Uh, we wanted to talk to you about Dr. Cooper.
在你说不之前
Now, before you say no...
不
No.
那在你说不之后
Well, then, after you say no.
不
No.
听我说 谢尔顿很讨人厌
Okay, look, Sheldon's a pain in the ass.
但福勒博士人很好啊
But Dr. Fowler's really nice.
所以如果你取他俩平均值 数学
So if you average them out-- math...
就得出一个还行的人
...you got someone who's okay.
但诺贝尔奖比起为人 更注重研究成果
But more than the person, the Nobel is about the work.
你应该比任何人都明白这一点
You should understand that more than anyone.
没错 因为你对引力波的研究
Yes, because of your work on gravitational waves.
你了解我的研究
You know my work?
当然 但我说个不停 其他人说不上话了
I do. But I'm-I'm really hogging this conversation.
莱纳德
Leonard?
给他们次机会吧
Just give them a chance.
科学史上有很多难搞的人
Uh, science has a history of difficult people.
比如牛顿对莱布尼茨就很混♥蛋♥
Look at, uh, Newton, who was a jerk to Leibniz,
彼时牛顿打♥压♥势单力薄的莱布尼茨
而莱布尼茨 对所有人都很混♥蛋♥
and Leibniz, who was a jerk to everyone.
是啊 而且不用我说你也知道
Yeah, you know, and I don't need to tell you
引力波是时空弯曲中的涟漪
that gravitational waves are disturbances in the curvature of space-time.
又或是... 你居然参与制♥作♥了电影《星际穿越》
Or that the-- Hey, you worked on the movie Interstellar?
你觉得怎么样
So what do you think?
我觉得如果你到太空
I think if you were in space
不♥穿♥衣服 你就会死翘翘
without a shirt on, you'd die.
不 我有穿衣服
No, I am wearing a shirt.
不过是紧身衣 所以你能看见我的胸肌
It's just skintight, so you can see my pecs.
你何时长的胸肌
When did you get pecs?
昨天 在我叫斯图尔特加上去后就有了
Yesterday, when I made Stuart add them.
华仔 我喜欢另一个故事
Howie, what I liked about the other story
是因为它很真实
was that it was real.
但这个故事完全没发生过在你身上
I mean, nothing in this actually happened to you.
那又怎样 这是给孩子看的
So, it's a children's book.
猫咪也不会真的戴帽子啊
I mean, cats don't wear hats.
如果有人给你发绿的鸡蛋
And if someone gives you green eggs,
你只会坐在马桶上狂拉 求上帝跟你做交易
it ends with you on the toilet trying to make a deal with God.
但那个真实的故事很动人
But the real story was so sweet.
小宇航员内心很害怕
The little astronaut was afraid,
但他仍然上了太空 所以他才是勇敢的人
but he still went to space, and that's what made him brave.
但在太空 其他宇航员...
But in space, the other astronauts...
取笑他 他不想再重温那种经历了
made fun of him, and that's a thing he doesn't want to relive.
我能理解
I get that.
看来需要一个非常勇敢的人
I guess it would just take a really brave man
把像这样的尴尬故事分享给世人
to put an embarrassing story like that out into the world,
才能让内心有恐惧的孩子
just so it might help some frightened children
感到自己没那么孤单
not feel so alone.
你真会让人产生罪恶感啊
Wow. That is quite the guilt trip.
你确定你不是犹太人吗
Are you sure you're not Jewish?
我只是个很为自己丈夫骄傲的妻子
I'm just a wife that is so proud of her husband,
而且我不认为他有什么
and doesn't think that he has anything
好感到尴尬的
to be embarrassed about. ?
你的口气越来越不像犹太人了
You're sounding less and less Jewish.
我们刚听说是你们
Hey, we just heard that you're the ones
说服了这些诺贝尔获奖者出席
who convinced the Nobel Laureates to come.
-谢谢你们 -不客气
- Thank you. - You are welcome.
这是你们应得的
You guys deserve this.
是啊 别站这儿了
Yeah, now get out of here,
去找聪明人聊聊吧
go talk to some smart people.
-等一下 -对了 抱歉 我有时忘记
- Wait a minute. ?- Yeah, sorry. Sometimes I forget
你也很聪明 因为你太性感了
you're smart because you're so sexy.
-我能理解 -嗯
- I can see that. ?- Yeah.
库珀博士 福勒博士
Dr. Cooper. Dr. Fowler.
我刚正跟阿诺德教授说你们是在婚礼上
I was just telling Professor Arnold how you came up with
想出超不对称性理论的
super-asymmetry at your wedding.
这故事太棒了
It's a wonderful story.
确实是的
Ha, it really is.
我不会说这是我们婚礼最精彩的部分
I wouldn't say it was the highlight of the wedding,
因为有人叫我别这么说
because I've been told not to
不过具体原因我不太理解
for reasons I don't fully understand.
但他很理解宇宙是如何运转的
Uh, but what he does understand is how the universe works,
那才是重点
and that's what's important.
而不是他说出来的话
Not what comes out of his mouth.
我没参加过很多这一类派对
I haven't been to a lot of parties like this,
不过物理界打群架是什么样子的啊
but what does a physics rumble look like?
有点像愤怒的小鸡
Kind of like angry chickens. ?
又或是 像布偶打架那样
Or-or-or-or like, uh, when-when puppets fight.
库珀博士 福勒博士 很高兴见到你们
Dr. Cooper, Dr. Fowler, good to see you.
你们怎么会来这里
What are you doing here?
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表