Normally I wouldn't waste my time meeting with a college freshman...
通常我不浪费时间 和大学新鲜人会面…
...groveling for an internship.
谈实习的事情
Well, thank you, Ms. Kahn. Bitterman!
坎恩小姐
Yeah, chief? Where's that piece on Senator Jennings?
是的,主编? 真宁斯参议员那篇报导呢?
I'm typing it up. I don't see your fingers moving.
我正在打 我没看到你在打字
Twenty minutes, or they'll be twiddling over the want ads.
二十分钟内交 否则就派你去打分类广♥告♥
Of course, chief.
是的,主编
Where was I? The internship.
我刚说到哪? 实习工作
Oh, right, right, right. You didn't get it.
喔,对,对 你没得到那份实习工作
What?
什么?
Well, then why am I here?
那我来做什么?
Curiosity. It's the backbone of any decent reporter.
好奇心 是任何一位优秀记者的主要特质
Have you got backbone, Sullivan?
你有吗,苏利文?
Yeah, I...
有,我…
You had a column here a couple of years ago, didn't you?
几年前你有一个专栏,是吧?
When I was in high school.
高中的时候
Well, that is quite an accomplishment...
挺了不起的嘛…
...to have your own byline when you're practically still in diapers.
还不成气候便有自己的专栏
I mean, a lot of reporters... Well, real reporters.
很多记者… 真正的记者…
Work for years before they can get that kind of a chance.
都得打拼好多年 才能得到这样的机会
I just wanted to meet the kid that could pull that off.
我只是想见见 有过这机会的小鬼
Thanks. Oh, well, don't thank me.
谢了 别谢我…
Thank Lionel Luthor.
你该谢李涅路德
He's the one who arm-twisted the old chief editor...
是他硬要我这老主编…
...into dropping your juvenile pablum into this paper.
替你在本报社安排一个专栏
I didn't ask Lionel to do that. Well, you didn't say no either, did you?
我没要求李涅那么做 你也没拒绝他,是吧?
You must've done something to piss Lionel off...
你一定哪里得罪了李涅
...because he got you fired.
因为他炒了你鱿鱼
I remember that day.
我记得那天
I believe we had cake.
那天还吃了蛋糕
Ms. Kahn, I don't expect to be given a column like last time.
坎恩小姐,我不期望自己能像 上次那样得到专栏
I will start from the bottom and work my way up...
我愿意从基层开始干起
...without any help or arm-twisting.
不用任何人帮忙或关说
All I want is the opportunity to prove myself.
我只想要一个证明自己实力的机会
Being a part of this world...
成为这一行的一分子…
...working at the Daily Planet...
在《星球日报》工作…
...it's always been my dream.
那一直是我的梦想
We all have to wake up sometime, don't we, Sullivan?
我们有时得醒来面对现实 是不是,苏利文?
By the way, we don't validate.
对了,停车费我们不负责
You know what, Ms. Kahn?
你知道吗,坎恩小姐?
I know you may be editor in chief now, but even you had to start somewhere.
你或许现在是主编 但你从前也是从小角色开始爬上来的
And I am not gonna give up until I get the same chance.
在得到相同机会之前 我不会放弃的
I started by being a damn good reporter.
我一开始就是很出色的记者
You want a break?
你想要机会?
Bring me a story.
交篇报导来
Okay, let's stop for a second.
先暂停一下…
In case you can't tell, I was completely freaked out.
我当时整个人吓呆了
Pauline Kahn had thrown down the gauntlet.
宝琳坎恩对我下挑战书
The woman had two Pulitzers. I had a high school service plaque...
这个女人得过两次普立兹奖 我在高中时得过服务奖牌…
...and absolutely no idea where my big story was gonna come from.
而且完全不晓得该到哪找大条新闻报导
Little did I know that 10 city blocks away...
谁晓得大新闻就在不远处
...it was about to bite me in the ass.
即将迎面而来
Well, more like the neck, but we'll get to that later.
或说是迎颈而来 这个稍后再谈
Welcome to the Tri Psi sorority house.
欢迎来到三合一姐妹会之家
I think that's Greek for "bimbos, bikinis and beer. "
我猜是 〝胸大无脑、比基尼、啤酒〞三合一
Pete's Pizza. Delivered in 28 minutes, piping...
彼特彼萨 28分钟内送达,烧烫…
...hot.
辣
Oh, my God, we are so starving.
喔,老天 我们好饿喔
Let's eat in the Jacuzzi.
咱们去热水池里吃吧
I really should be getting back.
我得回去了
I have two more stops.
我还有两家要送
Can't you stay?
你不能留下来吗?
Just for a little bit? Please?
留一下下? 拜托嘛?
Well, maybe just for a minute.
那再待一分钟好了
What about your pizza?
你们不吃彼萨吗?
You taste so much better than pepperoni.
你比腊肠还要可口
No! No! Oh, God, no!
不要啊!不要! 喔,天啊,不要!
Singing telegram.
口头电报来啰!
Hey. Clark, hi.
嗨
I just wanted to...
我只是想…
...come by and surprise myself. What's all this?
出其不意过来一下 这些是什么?
This is me packing.
这些是我的行李
Packing for what? For college.
到哪的行李? 上大学啊
I got late acceptance to Met U.
我收到大都会大学的入学通知
Congratulations.
恭喜你
Why didn't you tell me you applied to Met U?
你怎么没说 你申请了大都会大学?
Because I didn't wanna get my hopes up.
因为我不想给自己太多期望
You know, I applied so late, I didn't think I had any chance.
我很晚才申请 我以为我的机会不大
With your grades, they'd be crazy not to accept you.
你的在学成绩那么好 他们一定是疯了才不收你
Well, I got in just under the wire.
我是最后被录取的…
There aren't even any dorm rooms left anymore.
学校宿舍房♥间都没了
Where are you gonna stay? I can crash at chloe's.
你要住哪? 我可以和克洛挤一挤
But maybe I'll try a sorority.
或许可以试试加入姐妹会
I know how it sounds...
我知道那听起来很奇怪…
...but it's the only housing near to campus...
但那是离校园最近的住宿处
...I have any shot of getting into.
我唯一有落脚机会的地方
You know, Central Kansas University has plenty of housing still available.
中堪萨斯大学还有很多住宿房♥间
And... And they have you.
而且… 而且那里还有你
But they don't have any of the courses that I'm really interested in.
但是他们没有任何 我感兴趣的课程
Especially astronomy.
尤其是天文学
It's not gonna be that bad.
不会太糟的
We'll talk to each other on the phone all the time.
我们会经常通电♥话♥
Don't worry.
别担心
Nothing's gonna change between us.
我们之间不会有任何变化的
Welcome to the most prestigious and exclusive sorority...
欢迎加入大都会大学 最富声誉,资格限制最严格的…
...at Metropolis University.
姐妹会
We are the richest, we are the prettiest...
我们是最有钱的 也是最美丽的
...we are the best.
我们是最棒的
Over the next few days, many of you will be disappointed.
接下来几天 你们之中很多人很可能会失望而返…
But if you're insanely cool...
但如果你够酷 运气又非常好的话…
...and very, very lucky...
制片:鲍伯哈葛尔
...you might just be chosen to be a Tri Psi.
你就有可能被选中为三合一成员
And if that happens, it'll change your life.
如果那样的话 那将改变你的一生
Forever.
永永远远
Meet Buffy Sanders, president of the Tri Psi sorority.
见过巴菲山德斯… 三合一姐妹会会长
By the way, I've changed the names to protect the vapid.
顺带一提,为了保护这些无聊人士 我特地用了化名
In the final days of the Roman Empire...
罗马帝国末期…
...wealth and power...
只有钱与权…
...were the only things the emperor coveted.
能让帝王垂涎
What about the good citizens of Rome? What did they do?
那些守法的罗马人♥民♥呢? 他们当时怎么办?
Did they rise up? Burn their bras and their draft cards?
他们起而造♥反♥吗?群起抗♥议♥示♥威♥吗?
No. They went to the Colosseum.
没有…他们去了竞技场
They stood idle while an evil man destroyed their world.
当暴君摧毁他们的世界时 他们无所事事,视若无睹
In your lifetime, each of you may be faced with a similar situation.
在各位的生活里 你们或许会过到类似情形
The question is, will you leave your footprints on the history of time...
问题是,你会在历史上留名千古吗?
...or let them be washed away by the tides of more powerful men?
还是任由更强势的人将你淘汰掉?
Mr. Kent.
肯特先生…
What about you?
你会怎么做?
Me? I...
我?我…
LuthorCorp practically owns your hometown of Smallville.
路德公♥司♥等于是你家乡小镇的主人
What if you found out that Lex Luthor...
万一你发现莱克斯路德…
...the emperor of the company...
该公♥司♥的帝王…
...was a dangerous, unstable megalomaniac...
是个危险、阴晴不定 的自大狂…
...bent on destroying your world?
处心积虑想毁灭你的世界呢?
Would you have the courage to try to stop him?
你有勇气站出来阻止他吗?
I...
我…
Read chapter three for Monday. There'll be a quiz on the material.
星期一前念完第三章 我们将举♥行♥小考
Interesting lecture you've been giving.
你的讲课内容很有意思嘛,教授
I hope you've been taking notes. Just the highlights.
希望你做了笔记 只记了重点部分
You've been painting me as the poster child for corporate villainy.
你一直把我描绘成典型的恶商之子
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表