剧集 | 救世(2017) | 导航列表
高速动能撞击下 小行星很可能只是被撞裂成几块...
kinetic impact could just as easily smash our asteroid friend into several pieces...
一个麻烦变成了十个麻烦
Now you've turned one problem into ten.
行星雨来袭 每一颗都可能造成灾难性破坏
It's raining asteroids, each of which may cause cataclysmic damage.
看来你有更好的主意
I take it that you have a better idea?
你们第一个想法方向是对的:
You had it right the first time:
用引力牵引机
the gravity tractor.
发射探测飞船 执行近天体探测飞行任务
Send it up, do a fly-by,
靠引力牵引机的质量将小行星拉离轨道
the mass of the GT pulls the asteroid off its trajectory.
干脆利落
No muss, no fuss,
-也不会有人员伤亡 -达瑞斯
- no loss of life. - Darius,
我刚说了 我们技术
I just said, we don't have
-还不达标... -尚未
- the technology... - Not yet.
我们只缺一个电磁驱动器
All we need is a working EM drive,
我能造一个
and I can build it.
电磁驱动器
An electromagnetic drive?
你疯了
You're insane.
这话我听过很多次了
You're not the first to say so.
电磁驱动器到底是什么
What exactly is an EM drive?
利亚姆
Liam?
火箭只能携带有限的燃料
A rocket can only carry so much fuel.
对吧 靠燃气产生的推力能推动火箭急剧前进
Right? So you get one big initial push from the thrust,
但这个力很快就会消失
and that's as fast as it's ever gonna go.
但如果是电磁驱动器
But with an EM drive,
推力小 但却是持续的
the force is small but it's constant,
让火箭一直保持加速状态
so it keeps accelerating,
速度越来越快
getting faster and faster as it goes.
用电磁驱动 只需几小时就可以到达月球 而不是几天
With an EM drive, we can get to the moon in hours instead of days,
几周就可以到达火星 而不是几个月
to Mars in a few weeks instead of months,
而对于这个小行星
and to our asteroid friend here,
应该足以及时把引力牵引机送上去...
with just enough time for a gravity tractor...
你们最初想法没错...
You had it right the first time...
让人类免于灭绝
To save us all from extinction.
电磁驱动器还没人造出来过
No one has ever built a working EM drive.
这违背了牛顿物理学基本法则
It violates the laws of Newtonian physics.
牛顿物理学当初也违背了亚里士多德物理学
And-and Newtonian physics violated Aristotelian physics
法则就是用来打破的
back in the day, you know, laws were made to be broken.
我可以跟你们一直讨论
I-I could drone on about
导航波理论和量子真空涨落
pilot wave theory and quantum vacuum fluctuations,
但我们还有大概181天可活
but seeing as we have approximately 181 days left to live,
我觉得赶紧去做那破玩意比较好
I'd rather just go off and build the damn thing,
如果你不介意的话
if you don't mind.
"做那破玩意"要花费多少
And what would it take to “build the damn thing”?
二十亿美元
$2 billion.
作启动资金
To start.
申请这么一大笔资金需要国会审批
Okay, a request that large would have to go through congressional oversight.
白宫那边不希望我们惊动国会
The White House doesn't want us raising any red flags in Congress.
泄露任何消息
Any leak, at all,
以免造成大范围的恐慌和混乱
could cause widespread panic, anarchy.
何况无法证明该方案的可行性
Especially when there's no proof that this thing actually works.
之前说曼哈顿计划需要十年
They said the Manhattan Project would take ten years.
但实际两年就完成了
They did it in two.
他们召集全世界最聪明的人
They got together the greatest minds on Earth,
他们做成了因为他们没有退路
and they did it because they had to.
很抱歉 但没时间再搞官僚主义了
I'm sorry, but this is no time for bureaucracy.
达瑞斯说他有一个能拯救所有人的计划
Darius is saying he has a plan to save us all,
那就让他去做
so let him do it.
至少我们试过了
Or at least try.
好吧
All right.
一半
Half.
我能帮你争取一半资金
I'll get you half.
再过六个月 世界都要化为废墟了
The world's going to be reduced to a ball of ash in six months
但不 咱们还是得按规矩办事...
but no, let's all play but the rules...
-达瑞斯 别说了 -我同意和五角大楼合作
- Darius, stop. - Yeah, well, I agreed to work with the Pentagon.
还以为这是双向合作
I thought it'd be a two-way street.
他刚给你搞定了十亿资金
He just got you a billion dollars in there.
-这可不是小数目 -你说过你会尽你所能
- That's something. - You told me you'd do whatever it takes.
那给我需要的
Get me what I need.
好 你还需要什么
Fine, what else do you need?
一百公斤浓缩铀
100 kilos of enriched uranium.
那不如向他们要一千公斤吧
Let's make it 1,000 while we're asking.
你疯了
You're insane.
为什么大家都说这句话
Why does everyone keep saying that?
这不是事实吗
It's kinda true.
没有相关授权码
No one is going to approve the transfer of
不可能随便让你转移放射性炸♥弹♥制♥造♥用材
radioactive bomb-making materials to you without asking questions that we can't answer.
正是这样 格雷斯
Exactly, Grace.
官僚主义会在小行星撞地球之前先害死我们
Bureaucratic red tape will kill us before the asteroid ever gets here.
我们得比政♥府♥想得更远
We need to think bigger than the government does
行动得更快
and move a hell of a lot faster.
那你有什么建议
So what are you suggesting?
你我都清楚哈里斯是少有的几个
We both know Harris is one of a handful of people
拥有核材料转移权限的人之一
with access codes that would allow for the transfer of nuclear material.
不 他绝不会同意的
No, he'll never agree to this.
我知道
I know.
你是想让我背着他转移铀
So you want me to go behind his back.
背叛我的上司
Betray my boss.
你的"上司"
Your "Boss"?
这是叛国
It's treason.
这就是你发挥作用的时候了 格雷斯
This is where rubber meets road, Grace.
不是想帮我一起拯救人类吗 不是吗
You want to help me save the human race or don't you?
所以 想要拯救世界
So, in order to save the world
我们需要现在还没到手的十亿美元
we need a billion dollars we don't have,
我们拿不到的铀
uranium we can't get,
和目前还不存在的技术
and technology that doesn't even exist?
形势真不错啊
So far, so good.
如果超人在漫画第二页就抓到反派
If Superman caught the villain on page two,
那还有什么意思
what fun would that be?
意思 你就为了好玩吗
Fun? That's what this is?
达瑞斯 卫星小组还需要五分钟
Darius, the satellite team needs five minutes
通信小队发来了设计规格书
and the telecom group sent design specs.
加快进程 你有门卡吗
Push everything. You have the TID?
有了这 在坦兹大厦通行无阻
This opens up any door at Tanz.
基本上是
Almost any door.
所以这三个不可完成的任务...
Hey, so about those three impossible tasks...
在你眼里是路障 在我看来是挑战
You see roadblocks, I see challenges.
但是牛顿第三定律
Well, no, Newton's third law
可不是路障 而是堵墙
isn't a roadblock, it's a brick wall.
我有个小组研究电磁驱动已经有三年了
I've had a team working on EM drive for three years.
我们进展顺利 现在只需有人帮助完成最后冲刺
We've made progress, I just need help to expedite it over the finish line.
-谁的帮助 -马尔科姆·克罗夫特
- What kind of help? - Malcolm Croft.
我教授
My professor?
他一直在研究电磁驱动理论
He's been experimenting with EM drive theory.
我知道 但他擅自离岗 失踪了
Yeah, I know, but he's gone, he's gone AWOL.
比起他本人 我们更需要他的研究成果
It's not so much him we need as his research.
可能我们缺的就是那部分
It may be the missing piece.
我朋友迪亚哥是克罗夫特的助教
Well, my buddy Diego was Croft's T.A.
我可以问问 看他都了解些什么
I can call him and see what he knows.
你要做的比这更多
Oh, you'll do better than that.
-你要去趟波士顿 -是吗
- You're going to Boston. - I am?
直升机在外面等着呢
Helicopter's waiting out back.
-直升机 但我... -讨厌飞机 我知道
- Helicopter? But I... - Hate airplanes. Yeah.
-是直升机 -不 我不喜欢飞
- Helicopter. - No, I hate sky.
直升机还可能会掉出来 我更愿意坐火车
You know, and the potential to fall out of it. I like trains.
那你去搭蜗牛好了
Yeah, why don't you just saddle up a snail?
但世界末日可不会等的
It's not like the fate of the world's hanging in the balance.
-这是... -一些周转资金
- This is... - Some walking-around money.
迟早能派上用场
You never know when it's gonna come in handy.
-你要去哪儿 -去找十亿美元
- Where are you going? - To find a billion dollars.
既然不能满足达瑞斯完成任务所需
Why bring Darius in if you're not gonna give him
为什么要拉他入伙
everything he needs to get the job done?
剧集 | 救世(2017) | 导航列表