剧集 | 救世(2017) | 导航列表
本来想找厕所 迷路了
I got lost on the way to the loo.
我带你出去
I'll help you find your way back.
利亚姆 大厅有你的访客
Liam, you have a visitor in the lobby.
我吗
I do?
利亚姆 很高兴见到你
Good to see you, Liam.
你知道去哪里找我
You know where to reach me.
吉莉安
Jillian?
利亚姆
Liam.
你怎么 怎么来这了
What are you, what are you doing here?
前几天 一个叫拉兹洛的
So, some guy named Lazlo
来到书店
just showed up at the bookstore the other day.
他说达瑞斯·坦兹想见我
He said that Darius Tanz wanted to meet me.
我来参观 然后他带我去吃午餐
I'm getting a tour, and he's taking me to lunch.
我猜是因为你
I assumed it was because of you.
对 对
Well, yeah.
你的事我都跟他说了
Yeah, I-I told him all about you.
我没想到会是今天
I just, I didn't realize that was today.
-是 -这...
- Yeah. - That's, uh...
见到你我真的很开心
I'm really glad to see you.
我也是
Me, too.
你看起来...
You look...
-很颓废 -不 要我说
- Like crap, I know. - No, I was gonna say
是"疲惫" 是疲倦的小可爱 不是颓废的屌♥丝
"tired," but, like, cute tired, not crappy tired.
谢谢
Thank you.
我得回去了 可是
Hey, I-I got to get back to it, but,
我们 待会 应该一起吃个饭
uh, we, we should, we should have dinner later.
吃饭
Dinner.
好吗
Yeah?
好的 好的
Okay. All right.
玩得开心点
Have fun.
以上就是上午参观的全部内容了
And that concludes this morning's tour.
有问题吗
Any questions?
一堆问题
A ton.
你知道这次开会要干什么吗
So do we know what this is about?
地球防御组那边有新消息
New information coming out of Planetary Defense.
白宫想要相关简述
White House wants to be briefed.
他们派谁来了
Who are they sending?
等一下
Hold that, please.
哈里斯
Harris.
克莱尔
Claire.
好久不见
Been a long time.
这是格蕾丝·巴罗斯
This is Grace Barrows.
国防部新闻发言人
Press Secretary DoD.
很高兴见到你本人
Nice to meet you in person.
克莱尔·雷伯恩 总统的高级顾问
Claire Rayburn, senior advisor to the president.
我高兴见到你
Of course. Nice to meet you.
总统询问最新进展
So, the president has asked for an update on where we are,
以及下一步行动的最佳方案
and advice on the best course of action moving forward.
斯特劳斯博士 我你应该对方案进行了改进
Dr. Strauss, I understand you have a revised plan.
给我们讲讲最新计划
Walk us through the latest.
我们还是计划改变木卫一探测飞船的运行轨道
Our plan is still to repurpose the IO Probe orbiting Jupiter
变成动能碰撞器
as a kinetic impactor.
改变探测器轨道撞击小行星
Put the probe on a collision course with the asteroid.
对
Correct.
174天内小行星将会撞击地球
The asteroid is poised to hit in 174 days.
目前的情况是
But now we know
探测器能准确撞击小行星
there are two windows of opportunity
只有两次机会
in which the probe can actually intercept the asteroid.
一次就在7天后
The first window is in exactly 7 days,
另一次是63天后
the second, in 63.
可能出现哪些结果
What results can we expect?
经过上千次的电脑模拟
We've run thousands of computer simulations,
撞击后的小行星
and confidence is high that upon impact,
变成小碎块的可能性很大
the asteroid will break up into smaller fragments
不再构成灭世级别威胁
downgrading it from an extinction-level event.
但是
But?
但是
But...
冲击产生
the impact will also create
袭向地球的流星雨
a storm of smaller meteors headed directly for Earth.
精确位置呢
Where, exactly?
计算分♥析♥ 碰撞会使行星速度
Our calculations show the impactor
下降0.002个百分点
will slow the asteroid down by 0.002 percent,
而那些碎片
causing those fragments
会完全避开西半球
to miss the Western Hemisphere completely.
不过 它们会坠落在其他地方
But they will land somewhere.
是的 俄♥罗♥斯♥ 中国 蒙古
Yes. Russia, China, Mongolia.
都在范围内
They could all be leveled.
那是十亿人啊 也许更多
That's a billion people. Maybe more.
所以现在达瑞斯正夜以继日地
Which is why Darius has been working day and night
研究电磁驱动器
on the EM drive.
这样能及时将引力牵引机
It can launch a gravity tractor with enough speed
送到小行星处
to reach the asteroid,
引力能使其偏离轨道
and enough mass to pull it off course,
然后从地球几千里处擦过
missing the Earth by thousands of miles.
但他还不能证明自己的计划有效
But he's yet to prove his plan can work.
我们连让他拯救所有人的机会都不给
So we're gonna sacrifice a billion lives
就牺牲掉十亿条人命吗
before even giving him the chance to save us all?
最起码
I mean, at the very least,
我们不该等待下一个机会吗
shouldn't we wait for the second window?
拖到下次 我们就必须一击即中
Waiting gives us only one bite at the apple.
副部长说得没错
The deputy secretary's correct.
我们之前没有类似的经验
We've never tried anything like this.
无法保证一次就成功
There's no guarantee that we get it right the first time.
这个一旦开始
If we commit to this,
就没有回头路了
there's no going back.
施特劳斯博士 计划实施前
Dr. Strauss, we have seven days
是不是还有七天时间
before we need to put the plan in motion?
没错
That's correct.
巴罗斯女士 告诉达瑞斯·坦兹 他有六天时间
Ms. Barrows, tell Darius Tanz he has six days.
在那之前 我要看到电磁驱动的概念证明
I need to see an EM drive proof of concept before then.
否则 我会建议总统
Short of that, I will recommend to the president
进一步推进碰撞器计划
that we move forward with the impactor plan,
从现在起七天后
seven days from now.
愿主保佑我们
And God help us all.
你的新闻发言人似乎在国防部副部长面前
Your press liaison seems awfully empowered to speak her mind
相当的口无遮拦啊
to the Deputy Secretary of Defense.
格蕾丝的观点很合理
Grace's point was valid,
还得靠她来平衡
and she's there to counterbalance
书呆子和军方
the wonks and military types.
像你我就是军方
Like you and me.
说实话 我很惊讶她居然有这种场合的权限
Frankly, I'm surprised she even has clearance to be there.
你什么意思 克莱尔
What are you getting at, Claire?
拜托 天知道
Come on, I've been in
我和你开过多少次会了 哈里斯
God knows how many meetings with you, Harris.
一旦你发表立场
You don't give anyone that much sway
不会再给任何人留余地
once you've made your stance known.
行了 我和格蕾丝都是专业的
Okay, Grace and I are professionals,
就此打住
that's all there is to discuss.
那就好
Glad to hear that.
我在寻找一个...
I'm seeking a friend...
共度世界末日的伙伴
for the end of the world.
我希望我们能帮到彼此
I hoped we could help each other with that.
就像以前一样
Like the old days.
以前那样毁了我的婚姻
Yeah, the old days ruined my marriage.
这是全新的日子
It's a new day,
你现在也单身了
any you're not married anymore.
听着 克莱尔 对不起... 我做不到
Look, Claire, I'm... I'm sorry, but I can't.
我不是有意这么唐突 但我还有些...
Now, I don't mean to be abrupt, but I have some...
我还有些家事要处理
I have some family business to attend to.
没事
Of course.
剧集 | 救世(2017) | 导航列表