剧集 | 救世(2017) | 导航列表
不 单独见面
No. Alone.
我去
Damn it.
达瑞斯是对的 恕我直言 先生
Darius is right. Respectfully, sir,
我们得大胆点
we need bigger and bolder moves.
人们说"恕我直言"时
When people say "respectfully,"
其实并不认为自己错了
I find that they're actually being disrespectful.
你对我们在这里做的事有概念吗 利亚姆
Do you even understand what we're trying to do here, Liam?
当然 我们正以超低的效率试图拯救世界
Yeah. We're trying to save the world one painfully slow frequency at a time.
共有30万可能的频率
There are 300,000 possible frequencies,
只有一个能提供推力
and only one will give us thrust.
我现在用自己的大脑验算
I'm doing the math in my head here, sir,
即使有这台超级电脑
and even with this supercomputer, supercomputer,
我们也没时间全部验完
we do not have enough time to check them all.
那你想怎么办
Then what are you suggesting?
我们必须缩小频率的数目
We have to cut down the number of frequencies.
这叫偷工减料
That would cut corners.
有可能错过能拯救大家的频率
We might miss the frequency that would save us all.
五十年代 喷气推进实验所的伙计测试火箭时
In the '50s, the JPL guys nearly blew themselves up
差点炸死自己 现在他们是领域先锋
testing rockets, now they lead the field.
就按达瑞斯说的那样走大棋有什么问题
What is so wrong with taking big swings like Darius says?
因为达瑞斯·坦兹不是科学家 他是明星
Because Darius Tanz is not a scientist, he's a celebrity.
他靠个人魅力和虚张声势
And he's convinced you and the rest of the world,
让你和全世界都相信他有办法
with his charm and bravado, that he knows the way.
妄想的乐观可不能把这玩意造出来
Delusional optimism is not gonna get this thing built.
我们才能
We are.
与此同时 他...
In the meantime, he's...
正在和你的女友吃午饭
at lunch with your girlfriend.
-你要去哪儿 -炸东西
- Where are you going? - To blow something up.
这就是你的秘密吗 小行星
So that's your secret? Asteroids?
什么
What?
-你是复古电玩迷吗 -这个...
- You're a retro videogame junkie? - Oh...
是的
Yeah.
我正忙里偷闲呢
Yeah, I was just taking a break from the grind.
午饭吃得怎么样
How was your lunch?
-有趣 -是吗 怎么有趣
- Interesting. - Yeah? How interesting?
-你看到我开心吗 -什么
- Are you happy to see me? - What?
非常开心
Beyond.
你希望我们经常见面吗
Would you be happy to see more of me?
当然非常愿意
You have no idea.
达瑞斯给了我一份工作
Darius offered me a job.
-什么 -嗯
- What? - Yeah.
他要把所有的作家 艺术家 哲学家
He has this think tank where he brings together
都集中到一起
authors, artists, philosophers,
他希望我也加入
and he said that I would make a great addition.
我以为你会很高兴的
I thought you'd be happy.
你不觉得他很奇怪吗
Don't you find it strange that he would
把你这样的无名小卒接过来 安排工作...
pluck you from obscurity, fly you here, offer you a job...
怎么 因为我不是麻省的 就不能在这工作吗
What? Because I didn't go to MIT, I don't belong here?
不是
No.
那怎么
Then what?
我要回宾馆了
You know what, I think I'm just gonna go back to the hotel.
别 吉莉安 等等
No. Jillian, wait.
-吉莉安 -别过来
- Jillian. - Don't.
你给她安排工作都不问问我吗
You offered her a job without consulting me?
我的商业决定大概不需要过问你吧
I wasn't aware I had to run business decisions by you.
这不是商业 这是我的生活
This isn't business, this is my life.
如果她在这
If she's here, I'm gonna have to lie to her
我每天都要跟她说谎
every single day.
你知道这样多痛苦吗
Do you know how awful that is?
-好啊 那就告诉她 -先不说
- Fine, fine, then tell her. - Forgetting for a minute
这样违反国♥家♥安♥全♥
that is a violation of national security,
关键是我不想告诉她
I don't, I don't want to tell her.
我不想告诉我心爱的女孩
I don't want to tell a girl
世界要毁灭了
that I care about that the world is ending.
可能毁灭
Ending, maybe.
可能 也许吧
Maybe? Probably.
除非我能找到阻止这一切的办法...
Unless I can figure out a way to stop it somehow...
她还那么开心
She's still happy.
她为什么要承受这着
Why should she have to carry around this burden?
-这负担很沉重 -利亚姆... 利亚姆
- This burden sucks. - Liam... Liam,
我和你一样也在承受 你也必须坚持住
I'm carrying on as if, and so should you.
像我一样 你帮过忙吗
As if what? You're actually doing something to help?
因为目前为止
Cause last time I checked,
都是... 是我和克罗夫特跟你的手下
it is... it is me and Croft and a bunch of your minions
在实验室挥汗如雨
sweating it out in the trenches
你却在和我女朋友吃墨西哥卷饼
while you're out eating tacos with my girlfriend.
我做所有事情都是有理由的
There are reasons for everything I do.
很好啊 方便透露一下吗
Oh, great. You want to fill the rest of us in?
不 你必须分清轻重缓急 利亚姆
No. I need you to prioritize, Liam.
专注于重要的事情
Focus on what's important.
用你的智慧拯救这个世界 而不是对我评头论足
Use your brilliance to save the world, not second-guess me.
不好意思 我还有约
If you'll excuse me, I have an appointment.
谢谢你过来
Thank you for coming.
这样见面越界了吧
A meeting this far outside the Beltway.
我是不是应该检查一下你有没有在厕所藏枪
Should I check to see if there's a gun taped to the toilet?
我们之间的事 你能保密吗
Can I trust that anything we say will stay between us?
越级可能会丢饭碗的
Undermining your boss could get a person fired.
你说的是程序
You're talking about protocol.
我说的是这个星球的命运
I'm talking about the fate of the planet.
谢谢 卡丽莎
Thank you, Karissa.
她做的冰沙是最好喝了...
She makes the best smoothies...
纯天然 有机
all-natural, organic, of course.
橄榄 椰果 青柠...
Kale, coconut, lime...
-香辣 -我超喜欢这一款
- Picante. - Oh, I love this one.
真的很好喝
It's got a real kick. The good kind.
所以 尼尔小姐
So, Ms. Neel.
你是一个很执着的记者
You're a pretty tenacious reporter.
没几个人能挖得这么深
Not many people pierce the corporate veil here.
看来利亚姆一定说了不少好话
Well, I guess Liam must have given you the hard sell.
并不 他完全没把你当回事
On the contrary, he dismissed you completely.
但我对人很感兴趣 好奇大家的动机
But I'm interested in people, why they do what they do.
而像我们这样的人 遇到障碍时
And people like us, when we hit a wall,
一般有三种选择
we see three options:
绕过去 爬过去 或者钻过去
go around it, climb over it or tunnel under.
如果都不行的话 就只能把这玩意炸了
And if that doesn't work, we blow the damn thing up.
很明显 你正在追
Now, you're obviously after what you think
一个你认为能改变自己职业生涯的新闻
could be a career-making story,
我们就不废话了
so let's cut to it.
想好什么标题了
What headline are you chasing?
这个
Uh, this one.
格蕾丝·巴罗斯半夜向坦兹工业运浓缩铀
Grace Barrows delivering uranium in the middle of the night to Tanz Industries.
可以回应一下吗
Care to comment?
火星 就这些
Mars. That's what this is about?
史无前例的
A joint venture between Tanz Industries
坦兹工业与美国政♥府♥的合作
and the U.S. government, the first of its kind.
铀是这个项目必需的材料
And uranium is what's gonna get us there.
有趣吧
Exciting, isn't it?
送宇航员上火星 很有趣啊
Sending astronauts to Mars? Very exciting.
谁说是宇航员
Who said anything about astronauts?
我的团队写了一个复杂的算法
My team has written a complex algorithm
可以评估一个人的全部基因
that-that takes into account a person's entire genome,
分♥析♥它的性格和生存能力
factoring in personality and viability traits
以保证我们可以找到
to ensure that we get
最最适合的人
the best of the best.
所以你在给首次火星之旅找合适的人选
So, you're selecting civilians for the first mission to Mars?
"坦兹寻找火星之旅候选人"
"Tanz Seeks Candidates for Journey to Red Planet"
为了这个独家报道
And what do I have to do
我要拿什么做交换
in exchange for this exclusive story?
属于坦兹工业的专有信息
Proprietary information, such as where I get my materials
比如我从哪搞到了铀原料...
uranium, for example... belongs to Tanz Industries.
剧集 | 救世(2017) | 导航列表