剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
the importance of detail...
注重细节
to the overall impact.
对整体感觉的影响
Yeah.
是啊
The Bloody Angle experts would be very impressed.
血腥角专家肯定会非常钦佩的
When we met in Spotsylvania, how did you know...
我们在斯波特瑟尔韦尼亚相遇时 你怎么知道
so many specific things about Augustus, uh...
那么多关于奥古斯都的细节
about Augustus Underwood's death?
关于奥古斯都·安德伍德之死
I mean, the very spot where he died?
知道他牺牲的确切地点
The... the fact that his skull had been crushed with a rock?
知道他的脑袋被石头砸扁了
That they buried him in an unmarked grave? I mean...
知道他们把他葬在无名冢里
the detail of all that.
这么多细节
Hope you'll forgive me, uh...
希望你能原谅我
For?
原谅什么
I was meeting Vice President Francis Underwood.
我那天见到了副总统弗兰西斯·安德伍德
I... thought he deserved a good story.
我觉得应该给他讲个精彩的传说
Wait, wait a minute. You...
慢着 等等
you made all that up? Well...
那些全是你编的 那个
I took some liberties.
我自♥由♥发挥了一下
But, well, I don't know, once it started,
但 我也说不好 我一开了头
it came to me so clearly...
就能清晰地看见了
It's Eric, yeah? Yes, sir.
艾瑞克 对吗 对 先生
The crowd?
抗♥议♥人群吗
Yes. I'm sorry, what were you about to say?
对 抱歉 你刚才要说什么
I don't mean to overstep, sir...
我无意唐突 先生
but the people out there...
但外面的人
I don't care what they're saying.
我不在乎他们说什么
And the way I see it, a person's destiny is, you know...
在我看来 人的命运
sealed.
是注定的
We are in uncharted territory here.
我们踏入了未知领域
All right. But, Donny, do me a favor, okay?
好 但是唐尼 帮个忙好吗
Let the Constitution Can I finish?
让宪法 我能说完吗
Hold on. Just let the Constitution do its job.
等等 让宪法行使它的职责
Okay, Joe, Joe, I'm gonna finish for once.
好吧 乔 让我说完一次
You've got voters filing individual suits...
现在有选民提起个诉
Right. ...in Tennessee and Ohio,
对 田纳西和俄亥俄都有
and they are jammed up in the Supreme Court.
都堆在最高法♥院♥了
Like everything else,
就像别的一切
the day-to-day workings of this country are on hold.
这个国家的日常事务被中断了
Okay, they may be on hold, but guess what?
好 或许是被中断了 但你猜怎么
Last time I checked,
据我所知
everybody was still getting their Social Security checks.
大家仍然在领社保支票
Yeah, but if the debt limit is reached?
没错 但如果达到债务上限了呢
Come on. Let me finish now.
拜托 让我说完
Again, it's why we have a Constitution.
再说一遍 这就是为什么我们有宪法
I know it looks messy.
我知道看上去很混乱
Democracy's messy. But guess what?
民♥主♥就很混乱 但你猜怎么
There is a method to that madness.
这种乱局是有规律的
I don't know, Joe.
我说不好 乔
It's more madness than method right now.
如今是混乱胜过规律
I mean, if the government does shut down,
如果政♥府♥停摆
those Social Security checks, they might not go out.
那些社保支票或许就要停发
If the government shuts down,
如果政♥府♥停摆
who knows if Congress can even pick a president?
谁知道国会还能不能选出总统
Each state in the House just gets one vote.
众议院的每个州只有一票
So if smaller states like Delaware and Rhode Island
那么如果特拉华州和罗德岛州这样的小州
can't reach a consensus...
不能达成共识
Right. No, it's true.
嗯 不 是这样的
I mean, if one or two of these
如果一两个
really stubborn members of Congress
非常固执的国会成员
decides they're going to hold this up, it could be months.
决定顽固抵抗 可能要耗数月
Look, that's what I'm saying.
我正是这个意思
The road to 26 votes is not an easy one.
得到26张选票并不容易
All right. Strange days indeed, Mika.
好吧 时局确实奇怪 米卡
So are these the start to short stories?
这些是短篇小说的开头吗
They're nothing yet. Fragments.
现在还不是什么 只是片段
Pieces.
碎片
I mean, clearly, this is about me.
显然这是关于我的
This is my mother.
这是我母亲
And this is us.
这是我们
You can't write I'm writing.
你不能写 我要写
It's what I do. I'm a writer.
这是我的工作 我是个作家
I know you're frustrated, Tom, but--
我知道你很不满 汤姆 但是
I wouldn't say frustrated.
不是不满
Well, it's invasive.
这是侵犯
Write about your own experiences. This is my experience.
写你自己的经历 这是我的经历
Listen, Tom,
听着 汤姆
just because we've decided Francis and I need to stay here,
我们决定弗兰西斯和我要留在这里
doesn't mean you have to.
不代表你也是
So if you have things you need to do,
如果你有事
you should go ahead and do them.
就应该去做
I'll be spending my day convincing the Senate to vote for me,
我这一天得说服参议院给我投票
so there's no speeches necessary.
不需要演讲
Yeah, okay.
好
You know what? I do have some things to do.
你知道吗 我确实有事情要做
Some people I need to check in with. So...
我需要去找一些人 所以
Tom.
汤姆
Yeah?
怎么了
Yes?
什么事
You ready, Mrs. Underwood?
准备好了吗 安德伍德夫人
I'll have a car waiting for you.
我会安排一辆车等你
So do you want the good news or the bad news first?
你想先听好消息还是坏消息
Always the bad.
永远先听坏消息
The president's approvals are down to 19%.
总统的支持率已跌至19%
And the good?
好消息
They're worse for Congress.
国会情况更糟
And you're at 30.
而你是30%
Well, thankfully it's congress we have to convince now,
幸好我们现在要说服的是国会
not the public.
不是民众
These are the remaining senators we'll target before the vote.
这些是选举前我们要解决的剩下的参议员
All women, by the way.
对了 都是女人
The biggest challenges will be
最大的挑战将是
Indiana's freshman senator Susan Newman.
印第安纳州的新晋参议员苏珊·纽曼
The constitutional lawyer?
宪法律师
And Hawaii's Kerry Kuilima,
以及夏威夷的凯芮·奎立马
who seems to be enjoying
她似乎很高兴
getting to wield a little power for once.
终于能有一次实权了
I need to tell you, there is a lot of pushback on the Hill
我必须告诉你 国会对同时为
about the simultaneous vote for president and VP.
总统和副总统投票抵触情绪很高
The country is terrified it'll lead to a split ticket.
国民很担心这会导致总统副总统不同党
There's threats of a filibuster.
有人可能阻挠议事
Well, the Dems won the Senate,
参议院现在是民♥主♥党的
and they want to vote when the House does.
他们想跟众议院一起投票的
That decision's been made.
这已经决定了
And the vice president won't allow a filibuster of any kind
副总统也不会允许议员以任何形式
onto the floor.
阻挠议事
Ma'am, have you contemplated how it could possibly work,
夫人 你有没有考虑过这样的结果
you as vice president to President Conway?
你做康威总统的副总统
That's not going to happen.
不会那样的
Of course.
当然
I did learn one true thing about Augustus Underwood.
我倒是真知道奥古斯都·安德伍德的一件事
What?
什么事
He was dead. Cold.
他死了 真死了
They put him on a cart...
他的尸体被放在一辆马车上...
bunch of dead bodies to bury.
上面有好多有待埋葬的尸体
Then, after a full day and night...
一天一夜之后...
he woke up.
他醒了
What?
什么
Someone stole his shoes and the buttons off his uniform, but...
有人偷走了他的鞋和军服上的扣子 但是
he lived.
他活过来了
Few days later, he caught up to his regiment.
几天后 他赶上了他所在的军团
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表