剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Not my president! Not my president!
不是我的总统 不是我的总统
Not my president! Not my president!
不是我的总统 不是我的总统
Not my president! Not my president!
不是我的总统 不是我的总统
Not my president! Not my president!
不是我的总统 不是我的总统
Not my president! Not my president!
不是我的总统 不是我的总统
The people are angry.
人♥民♥很愤怒
Nine weeks ago, we had an election in this country,
九周前 我们国家举♥行♥了一场大选
but because two states refused to certify,
但是由于两个州拒绝认证选举结果
neither Conway nor myself received the 270 electoral votes
康威和我都没拿到270张选举人票
required for victory.
而这是胜选的必要条件
So they gather here every morning
所以他们每天早上聚集在这里
to exercise their magnificent right,
来履行他们神圣的权利
guaranteed by the First Amendment...
被第一修正案保障的权利
to let their angry voices be heard.
发出他们愤怒的声音
And so, Thanksgiving, Christmas,
就这样 感恩节 圣诞节
and half of January have come and gone,
再加上半个一月来了又去
and all three branches of government are in crisis.
政♥府♥的三大分支全都深陷危机
The Congress is in disarray,
国会吵成一团
the Supreme Court is down a justice and doomed to deadlock,
最高法♥院♥少了一位法官 必将陷入僵局
and the executive branch is without a boss.
而行政机关也群龙无首
You see, my feeling is,
你看 我觉得
I think the Founding Fathers, they just got tired.
国父们就是乏了
And really, can you blame them?
说真的 谁能怪他们呢
I mean, you can't think of everything.
你怎么可能把方方面面都考虑周全
Black swans, Murphy's Law.
各种意外 各种难以避免的灾难
I mean, at a certain point,
到了一定程度
you just have to sign off and cross your goddamn fingers
你也只能放弃 交叉手指
and hope for the best.
祈求能有个好结果
Or adopt "flipism,"
或者使用"扔硬币原理"
a pseudo-philosophy of life in which
这是一种伪哲学 意思是
the most important decisions are made by the flipping of a coin.
生活中最重要的事都要通过扔硬币来决定
It was first introduced in the Disney comic book
这个说法最先出现在迪士尼的漫画书
Flip Decision, one of my favorites,
《硬币决定法》里 我最喜欢这期了
in which Donald Duck is persuaded by Professor Batty
里面讲到巴蒂教授说服唐老鸭
to make all the most important decisions
所有重大的人生决定
based on the flipping of a coin.
都通过扔硬币来决断
"Life is but a gamble.
"生活就是场赌博
Let flipism guide your ramble."
让扔硬币原理指引你"
We've had this sort of trouble before.
我们以前也有过这种麻烦
The election of 1800, Jefferson versus Burr.
1800年大选 杰斐逊对伯尔
They wound up in a tie. 73 electoral votes each.
他们最后打成了平手 每人73张选举人票
That was the number required then,
那是当时的胜选票数
and that's when Congress tried to address
这时国会试图解决这种
what the Founding Fathers just couldn't imagine.
国父们根本想象不到的局面
And, poof, the Twelfth Amendment was born.
于是 第十二修正案诞生了
And it says that if the states don't certify,
里面说 如果各州不能认证选举结果
it's the House that chooses the president
那么就由众议院来挑选总统
and the Senate that chooses the vice president.
由参议院来选副总统
Now the House is a bit of a mess,
众议院有点乱 说不清楚
but the Senate is rather democratic in how they choose the VP.
但是参议院选副总统的办法可是挺民♥主♥的
One person, one vote.
一人一票
But if there's a tie...
但如果还是平局
and this is where Donald Duck comes in,
就该唐老鸭登场了
it's resolved...
选举的结果
by the toss of a coin.
全看这硬币一扔
A solution that's elegant as hell.
这办法简洁得见了鬼
But then there's no elegance in modern politics.
不过现代政♥治♥哪有什么简洁可言
It's mostly hell.
只剩下见鬼了
The identity of the next President of these United States
美国总统的宝座花落谁家
is once again in the hands of a bunch of
决定权再次落到了这一帮
self-serving, money-hungry,
自私自利 嗜财如命
boot-licking, power-seeking politicians
阿谀谄媚 贪恋权势的政♥治♥家手里
who can be seduced or sucker punched
而加以利诱 或者迎头痛击
or blackmailed into submission.
或者要挟就能让他们服从
And all I need is just one more vote than the other guy.
我只需要比另一个人多一票就行
As you can see, the Founding Fathers didn't plan for this.
如你所见 国父们根本没想到会有这种局面
But I did.
而我想到了
Meet your new daddy.
我就是你的新爹
Right.
好
You can feel it, right? It's like you're there.
你能感觉到 对吧 简直身临其境
Doesn't that look just like it?
是不是跟真的一样
To me, it is that place.
在我看来简直就是那个地方
You okay, man?
你还好吧
Yeah. Of course.
好 当然好了
It really helps. Very effective.
真的有帮助 很管用的
Yeah. I'd be happy to help you find more funding for it.
是啊 我很乐意帮你拉更多投资来
If you're feeling a little worked up...
如果你情绪有点激动的话
What?
什么
Little worked up?
情绪激动
I was elected President of the United States over two months ago.
两个多月以前我就当选成为美国总统了
But somehow, Congress is now deciding the election.
但不知为何 现在国会将决定选举结果
So forgive me for being a little...
所以原谅我有些
Will... ...worked up.
威尔 情绪激动
I don't think Tony was implying anything.
东尼应该不是话中有话
Of course. Good.
当然 那好
I'm gonna get myself ready.
我去准备一下
I don't want to go to the event looking like this.
我可不想这副样子去参加活动
Right.
是啊
Thanks, Tony.
谢谢 东尼
Romero's chief of staff insists he's not in town.
罗梅洛的幕僚长坚称他不在这儿
And do you believe her? No.
你相信她吗 不
But she's been in D.C. longer than he has.
但她在特区待得比他久
At some point she'll take care of herself.
她总会顾及自己的
Well, did you tell her I have no interest in discussing
你告没告诉她 我不想跟他谈
the Declaration of War Committee with him?
宣战委员会的事
I expressed our desire
我表明了
for a civil and productive meeting with the Congressman.
我们想跟议员进行一次客气而有成效的谈话
Well, find him.
找到他
If he wants to hide from me,
要是他想躲着我
he can do it to my face.
那就当着我的面做
Yes, sir.
是 先生
And, Doug.
还有 道格
How many protestors are out there today?
今天外面有多少抗♥议♥者
More than yesterday.
比昨天多
But they're doing their best
但他们已经尽力
to divert them away from the White House.
让他们远离白宫了
I don't know what's worse...
我不知道哪样更糟
the sound of their chanting
是他们抗♥议♥喊口号♥的声音
or the sound of silence when they're not.
还是他们不喊时的寂静
I'll get to work, sir.
我去工作了 先生
Good morning, Augustus.
早上好 奥古斯都
Well, Eric, I...
艾瑞克 我...
I'm sorry. They told me to sit, but, uh--
抱歉 他们让我坐着 但
No, no, no. It's perfectly fine. I...
没事 完全没关系 我
I can't imagine anyone else who would...
我想不到还有谁
well, enjoy this more than you.
会比你更喜欢这个
You know, I only started it
我们在斯波特瑟尔韦尼亚相遇后
after you and I met in Spotsylvania.
我才开始做的这个
The attention to detail is... It's just...
你对细节的注重简直是
It is, yes.
没错
I've got...
我有
I mean, I...
我
I'm sorry, I'm a... a little overwhelmed by the moment.
抱歉 我现在有点不知所错
It's just...
就是
I have this feeling, as if, uh...
我有一种感觉 就好像
I've imagined this somehow.
我曾经想象过这个场景
I know that sounds, uh...
我知道这听起来
You've even got the button on his haversack.
你连他背包上的扣子都做出来了
Yes.
是啊
I think people underestimate...
我觉得人们会低估
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表