剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
I'm just a speechwriter.
我只是个讲稿撰写人
Exactly. How the hell did that happen?
是啊 你怎么得到这份工作的
Welcome to the Council on Foreign Relations
欢迎来到对外关系委员会
and this special event on Crossing Borders: The Way Forward.
此次特别活动 跨越国境:前进的道路
I smell a swing state party.
这好像是个摇摆州派对
Tone, Rick.
注意语气 瑞克
You didn't have to round up dozens of governors
你不必大费周章召集数十位州长
just to talk to the five of us.
只为跟我们五个谈话
You're here because there have been concerning threats
你们来这里是因为我们在担心
in exurban counties in each of your states.
你们各州的远郊郡存在威胁
Could you be more specific?
你能再说具体一点吗
We're keeping an eye on Hunterdon, Elko, Jefferson counties.
我们在关注亨特顿 埃尔科 杰弗逊郡
Also Chester and McHenry.
还有切斯特和麦克亨利
Which is why it's crucial
所以在大选来临前
that we work with your states' administrations
我们必须要与你们各州的
leading up to the election.
州政♥府♥合作
Every one of those precincts
这些选区
is a typically Republican stronghold.
都是典型的共和党票仓
This isn't about party affiliation.
这和党派关系无关
As the president said, this is about security.
如总统所说 这事关国♥家♥安♥全♥
Now, we believe this course of action,
我们相信这些举措
the voting centers with the added law enforcement,
对投票站增加警力
will give us everything that we need
能充分保证
to protect the integrity of the ballot box.
选举的安全性
Okay, but speaking for
好吧 但我代表
Governor Olmstead and maybe all of our bosses,
奥姆斯泰德州长 也许还有所有我们的上司
how can we be sure that these measures
想问问 我们怎么知道这些措施
won't discourage everyone from getting to the polls?
不会让选民不敢去投票
I.E., Democrats. It's a chance we have to take.
比如 民♥主♥党人 我们必须冒这个险
But we don't believe it'll play out that way.
但我们认为不会出现这样的结果
We're in an extremely close race in Ohio.
我们俄亥俄州的选票非常接近
Preventing further acts of terrorism
重要的是预防可能的
is just about all that matters, Tanya.
恐怖袭击 塔妮娅
Now, I do realize with these heightened threats
我非常清楚 威胁的增加
comes an additional strain on the governors of your states.
给了你们的州长额外的压力
So...
所以...
I say to each and every one of you...
我要对你们所有人说...
tell me how we can help.
告诉我们该如何帮助你们
Putting aside the very real moral questions,
抛开确实存在的道德问题不谈
how is shutting down the borders even feasible?
封锁边境怎么能可行
I know this policy is going to hurt some people,
我知道这项政策会损害部分人的利益
but let me explain why it's necessary.
但容我解释一下为什么必须这样做
And the vice president should feel free to jump in.
副总统随时可以补充
But is it fun?
好玩吗
Putting words in the Underwoods' mouths?
为安德伍德找话说
That's not what I do.
我的工作不是这样的
It's more like the opposite.
恰好相反
I just try and articulate...
我只是尽量表达出...
what's on their minds and in their hearts.
他们的想法和心声
That's how you see your job?
你是这么看待你的工作的
Basically, my job is to remain invisible.
基本上 我的工作就是当个隐形人
Were you with them that night?
那晚上你和他们在一起吗
The night Jim Miller was killed?
吉姆·米勒被杀的那晚
I'm not gonna answer that.
这我不能回答
I'll take that as a "yes."
那就当作默认
Don't.
别这样
I'm just trying to understand what you do.
我只是想了解你的工作
Then you're missing the point.
那你就弄错重点了
I'm not the story, Steve. I'm just not.
我不是主角 史蒂夫 我不是
You make yourself sound replaceable.
你把自己说得可有可无
I am.
事实如此
I serve at the pleasure of the president. And the First Lady?
我为总统效劳 还有第♥一♥夫♥人♥
The Democratic vice presidential candidate...
民♥主♥党副总统候选人
Yeah. Her, too.
没错 还有她
But you write speeches for both of them?
但你为他们俩撰写讲稿
Most often for Mrs. Underwood.
更多是为安德伍德夫人写
Articulating what's on her mind and in her heart?
将她的想法和心声表达出来
I'm just a mouthpiece.
我只是个传声筒
Has she put you in charge of any other parts?
她有交给你其他"任务"吗
You're still an asshole, man.
你还是那么混账
Good luck with the alimony.
祝你赡养费的事好运
That was rough. It went fine.
真够呛 还算顺利吧
It's not sustainable.
这维系不下去的
I mean, what do you think?
你的看法是什么
About what? About the president's rush to war.
什么的看法 总统急于宣战之举
At least half the Beltway seems to think it's outrageous.
华府至少有一半人都认为这太过分了
It is outrageous.
是很过分
We could resign our posts, you know, in protest.
我们可以辞职以表示抗♥议♥
I bet we can convince others of the cabinet to do the same thing.
我相信我们能说服其他内阁成员一起辞职
Outrageous by design, I was going to say.
我是想说 目的就是要过分
It's smart, what the president's doing.
总统的做法很聪明
It's serving him in the polls. Donald.
为他的民调加了分 唐纳德
Let's... take a step back for a moment.
我们先...退几步说话
I underestimated you. I did.
我低估了你 真的
When you were acting president, my faith was less than full.
你当代总统时 我对你信心不足
But now, I understand the terrible box you were in, the forces--
但现在我能理解你当时的困境和压力...
Cathy, I'm gonna... I'm gonna stop you.
凯茜 我得...打断你
I honestly don't know what you're talking about.
我真的不知道你在说些什么
Are you telling me your plan
你是说你的计划是要
is just to phone it in until January 20th?
装作若无其事直到1月20日总统就职吗
Come on, Donald. What's happened to you?
唐纳德 你是怎么回事
Back in the day,
想当初
you and Marjorie were at
你和玛乔莉总是站在
the forefront of every progressive cause,
所有进步革新的最前线
literally fighting the good fight.
真正地为善而战
These people...
这些人
Can we really let them do this?
我们真要让他们这么做吗
You wanna walk down memory lane, Cathy? Okay.
你想缅怀往事 凯茜 好吧
Remember the convention? Remember the Politico article?
记得党代会吗 记得政♥治♥新闻网那篇文章吗
I offered you an out.
我给了你一条退路
You should've taken that opportunity to resign, then and there.
你当时就该把握机会下台
Circumstances were nothing like this. Sure they were.
当时的情况和现在不同 没两样
You just didn't want to see it.
你当时只是不愿认清事实
And, just so you know,
再告诉你一件事
right before her mind was truly gone, Marjorie called it.
在她完全失智前 玛乔莉就说准了
She saw the unholy alliance you were making with Frank Underwood.
她看出了你和弗兰克·安德伍德的私下结盟
She called it.
她早就说准了
So this meeting between our bosses today...
今天我们俩上司的会面...
The president is looking forward to
总统期待
a productive discussion with Governor Matthews.
与马修斯州长展开有成效的会谈
There's no one else here. Can we cut the crap?
这里只有我们俩 咱就别说废话了
You want us to engage in voter suppression.
你要我们刻意压制投票
It's not a phrase I'd ever use.
我不会用那样的字眼
Fine. Call it "motor depression" for all I care.
随便你 那就称之为"降低动力"吧
We get it. White people are the problem.
我们懂的 白人是问题所在
Republicans. Understood.
是共和党人 我懂
But my boss doesn't happen to be up for reelection.
但我的上司并不参加再选
I'm listening.
我洗耳恭听
I have two words for you. "Slag heap."
我就说三个字 "熔渣堆"
Matthews wants the EPA to name a slag heap
马修斯希望环保署把费城郊区
on the outskirts of Philadelphia as a Superfund site.
一座熔渣堆列为特别清污地点
I seriously doubt that can happen before the election.
我高度怀疑这在大选前能实现
I think you should battle your doubts, Doug.
你该克服自我怀疑 道格
The governor is willing to let the past stay in the past.
州长愿意让过去成为往事
But unless the Underwood administration
但除非安德伍德政♥府♥
is bearing top-tier gifts,
备好了上等大礼
you've got a lot of fucking nerve
你敢让前副总统帮忙
asking for favors from the former VP.
胆子还真是够大
On the other hand, if you make things right,
但话说回来 如果你能把事情处理好
Matthews will do his part.
马修斯会做好他该做的
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表